PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Offseason

WARHORSE
09-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Well, its the beginning of the year and we're ALL ready for some real hitting, but I happened on this mock draft at Walters.com and it put up some real thought.

Of course, they have us picking at 2, but I dont see us there. The thing that pulls my eye is Orton will be gone most likely, and there are some elite notch prospects.

Luck, Landry are two QBs that I would LOVE to have, and theres Barkley(I'll pass) but theres also two very, very mean pass rushers coming out of UNC, in Quinton Coples and Paige-Moss, as well as a stud DT in Jerel Worthy.

Not to mention top OT Matt Kalil, brother to Ryan Kalil of the Panthers, who is so good Tyron Smith had to move to RT.

Bring in a top notch DE, or DT, and our pass rush with Blue Von Doom would go through the roof.

To have a TOP OT come in, we would move Franklin in to guard. Wow. What an Oline.

But of course, a franchise signal caller would be heaven for Broncos fans.

Losing sucks. But if you got to pick at the top of the draft, a good front office can set you up for a long time. l like what we did this year in the draft, cause we took the best player on the board. I also hope we do the same next year.

PICK PLAYERS THAT CAN START.

If we cant get someone that can come in and start.....then trade away the picks.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php

vandammage13
09-06-2011, 03:23 PM
There's nothing like "Wait til next year!!" in September.

Gotta love it.

underrated29
09-06-2011, 03:24 PM
we have 3 capable Qbs and like 1 capable DT, a bunch of backups and an old has been. Id rather give champ and von doom help and fortify our Last glaring weakness!

Plus, i think tebow will lead us to the promised land.

vandammage13
09-06-2011, 03:28 PM
If we get another high pick then we should use it on a stud O or D Lineman.

BigDaddyBronco
09-06-2011, 03:42 PM
If we get another high pick then we should use it on a stud O or D Lineman.
Nah, a kicker.

weazel
09-06-2011, 03:47 PM
we have 3 capable Qbs and like 1 capable DT, a bunch of backups and an old has been. Id rather give champ and von doom help and fortify our Last glaring weakness!

Plus, i think tebow will lead us to the promised land.

Jerusalem??

cuzz4169
09-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Top positional needs imo for draft in no order are CB, offensive lineman & a DT don't need a DE Von will line up there about 50 to 60% of the time. So why waste a first rd pick on one?

FanInAZ
09-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Nah, a kicker.

Mad Al, back when he really was a football genous, used his '73 1st round pick on Punter, Ray Guy.

vandammage13
09-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Nah, a kicker.

I hear that kicker from the Texas State Fighting Armadillos has some real talent.

It is not unprecedented though...I think the Bears picked Punter Todd Sauerbrun with a first rounder some years back.

BigDaddyBronco
09-06-2011, 04:05 PM
The Raiders used a 1st on Janikowski, and I think they used a 1st on Lechler.

weazel
09-06-2011, 04:15 PM
at least Sauerbrun could tackle... he was a better tackler than most the defensive players we have now

SOCALORADO.
09-06-2011, 04:17 PM
How much $$$$ under the cap is DEN?

silkamilkamonico
09-06-2011, 04:17 PM
You do not pass on a franchise QB if the general consensus is there is one there. If we're picking at 2 we will have the option in getting one in Luck/Jones.

vandammage13
09-06-2011, 04:18 PM
You do not pass on a franchise QB if the general consensus is there is one there. If we're picking at 2 we will have the option in getting one in Luck/Jones.

If we are picking at #2 then Luck will no longer be in the equation.

silkamilkamonico
09-06-2011, 04:31 PM
If we are picking at #2 then Luck will no longer be in the equation.

Jones will

SOCALORADO.
09-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Jones will

Dont forget Barkley silk! LOL!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Northman
09-06-2011, 04:46 PM
http://www3.images.coolspotters.com/photos/404112/stephen-garcia-profile.jpg

underrated29
09-06-2011, 04:46 PM

Unless you have one on your roster before hand.

People keep thinking that if we draft luck, barlcay, jones whoever else they will immediately come in and make us a beast.

I can not think of ANY QB aside from rothlisberger and I am not even sure about him that has come in and put up better numbers than Kyle Orton, as a rookie.

Matt ryan
Sam Bradford
Peyton Manning
Flacco
Eli
rodgers

etc etc etc etc etc etc

They all throw anywhere from 14-24 tds or so with about the same amount of Ints.

Now they can and will get better, but they will not make our team better instantly where as a DL person would.

silkamilkamonico
09-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Unless you have one on your roster before hand.

People keep thinking that if we draft luck, barlcay, jones whoever else they will immediately come in and make us a beast.

I can not think of ANY QB aside from rothlisberger and I am not even sure about him that has come in and put up better numbers than Kyle Orton, as a rookie.

Matt ryan
Sam Bradford
Peyton Manning
Flacco
Eli
rodgers

etc etc etc etc etc etc

They all throw anywhere from 14-24 tds or so with about the same amount of Ints.

Now they can and will get better, but they will not make our team better instantly where as a DL person would.

The idea of not passing on a potential franchise QB is obviously insinuating that a team does not think they have one on their roster, and even then, history shows that they still draft them.

underrated29
09-06-2011, 05:07 PM
The idea of not passing on a potential franchise QB is obviously insinuating that a team does not think they have one on their roster, and even then, history shows that they still draft them.

yup
Jax is a prime example of that too.

Lancane
09-06-2011, 06:45 PM

:tsk:

Northman
09-06-2011, 07:28 PM

You know you want him. :listen:

WARHORSE
09-06-2011, 07:35 PM
I still dont get people who think you draft primarily according to need.

Take the Pats for example. Theres a reason they have two number ones and two number twos next year.

When your roster is full of talent, you have the flexibility to trade away big contracts for premium draft picks, which with the rookie wage scale in place are now going to be even more valuable.

You take Quinton Coples if you dont have a shot at a franchise QB, because hes a flat out stud, end of story.....OR you trade down a couple for a bounty.

By putting Coples on the field with Doom, you basically match Miller up with a TE......now you have THREE matchup nightmares for an opposing QB/OC to think about at gamespeed.

Think about the NY Giants pass rush vs New England in Superbowl 19-1.

I dont think Ive ever been more unsure of how a season was going to pan out than during this one.

Big question mark for me, too many variables.

Lancane
09-06-2011, 08:12 PM
You know you want him. :listen:

He's a project quarterback much like Tebow with less upside and more character concerns. If we drafted Garcia over Jones, Barkley, Cousins, Foles, Lindley, Tannehill or even Harnish I would seriously question the scouting department! Hell, I would take Brantley over Garcia in a heartbeat...

Northman
09-06-2011, 09:08 PM
He's a project quarterback much like Tebow with less upside and more character concerns. If we drafted Garcia over Jones, Barkley, Cousins, Foles, Lindley, Tannehill or even Harnish I would seriously question the scouting department! Hell, I would take Brantley over Garcia in a heartbeat...

Oh, i know. But since we have nothing but Tebow, Luck, Barkley fanbois figured i would throw my own hero into the mix. Actually, i dont like Garcia all that much but thought it was funny. Just my way of poking fun at SoCal and his picture pasting. :D

Lancane
09-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Oh, i know. But since we have nothing but Tebow, Luck, Barkley fanbois figured i would throw my own hero into the mix. Actually, i dont like Garcia all that much but thought it was funny. Just my way of poking fun at SoCal and his picture pasting. :D

But that's so cruel, at least pick a hero with some integrity and upside at least like Cousins or Tannehill!

:lol:

Skinny
09-07-2011, 06:19 AM

Brahcia!!!

threefolddead
09-07-2011, 08:13 AM
Jerusalem??

The NFL is trying to expand...

silkamilkamonico
09-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Take this from a huge Spurrier fan and someone who loves watching South Carolina...Stephen Garcia is NOT an NFL QB, period.

silkamilkamonico
09-07-2011, 01:35 PM
For the record, I don't believe in just drafting the best available QB just because you need one. Both Andrew Luck and Landry Jones are going to have as high of draft grades coming into the draft next spring as any QB in the last 10 years....and that will be a general consensus.

Lancane
09-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Take this from a huge Spurrier fan and someone who loves watching South Carolina...Stephen Garcia is NOT an NFL QB, period.

I think anyone who watches a single game of Garcia's could understand that...he's a right handed version of Tebow with a shit attitude to boot.

If Denver does draft a quarterback but decides not to take one in the first round, then I would hope they'd look at Lindley, Foles, Cousins and Tannehill before project quarterbacks like Garcia, Moore, Griffith or Kinne...hell I'd prefer they drafted Case Keenum or John Brantley before taking another project quarterback that doesn't look capable of translating well to the pro-styles of the NFL.

Lancane
09-07-2011, 01:50 PM
For the record, I don't believe in just drafting the best available QB just because you need one. Both Andrew Luck and Landry Jones are going to have as high of draft grades coming into the draft next spring as any QB in the last 10 years....and that will be a general consensus.

I completely agree Silk, though I wouldn't count out Barkley going high simply based on his intangibles, for a game manager he's a pretty good quarterback with a decent arm, but I don't think he's better then Luck and Jones...but he'll go rather high, but when I watch film of him, Foles and Cousins, they are very comparable. And I will stand by my assessment of Lindley, if he has a breakout senior season he could easily be this years Cutler or Gabbert who climbs out of really nowhere to be a high draft pick. And we all have to watch John Brantley who some believe will climb steadily up the draft charts, there are also a few other underclassmen who could make a splash with tremendous seasons, James Vandenberg of Iowa, Tyler Wilson of Arkansas, Jeff Tuel of Washington State and Ryan Katz of Oregon State.