PDA

View Full Version : Depth Chart Upated: Your backup QB is "Brady Quinn or Tim Tebow"

Tned
09-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Hmmm, do you think the fact that Quinn is listed first in the "Brady Quinn or Tim Tebow" that it means that Quinn is really the #2 QB?

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart.html

If you click on the link for "Brady Quinn or Tim Tebow," the link that normally takes you to a player bio page, takes you to this:

http://www.broncosforums.com/downloads/quinn_tebow_backups.JPG

Agent of Orange
09-05-2011, 12:53 PM
Possibly but Quinn is first alphabetically. So, no, you can't necessarily assume that.

broncofaninfla
09-05-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm guessing we'll see Tebow in spurts when Orton is healthy and Quinn will play when Orton is hurt.

Tned
09-05-2011, 12:55 PM
If you click on the link for "Brady Quinn or Tim Tebow," the link that normally takes you to a player bio page, takes you to this:

IMO, this is taking things a little too far.

Tned
09-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Possibly but Quinn is first alphabetically. So, no, you can't necessarily assume that.

I was being facetious, due to how far they are taking this.

Agent of Orange
09-05-2011, 12:59 PM
I was being facetious, due to how far they are taking this.

Yeah, it's bad enough they made a farce out of the notion that it was a legitimate competition. This just adds on.

Tned
09-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Yeah, it's bad enough they made a farce out of the notion that it was a legitimate competition. This just adds on.

I can't get over the "player bio" picture of the Co-No 2 QBs. :laugh:

DenBronx
09-05-2011, 01:00 PM
The NFL knows what Quinns about and he's not good. Tebow on the other hand we really need to see more.

Fox should just place Quinn as the 3rd QB. He's not going to be back next year anyway. But putting Tim at #2 would help place confidence in him. His mechanics might not be good but his QBR is higher than Quinns and he finds a way to put up points. We did not invest a 1st round pick in Quinn but with did with Tebow.

With Weber on the PS then maybe they should just dump Quinn for whatever we can get.

Agent of Orange
09-05-2011, 01:01 PM
I can't get over the "player bio" picture of the Co-No 2 QBs. :laugh:

It was probably Joe Ellis's idea.

Tned
09-05-2011, 01:06 PM
It was probably Joe Ellis's idea.

Blah, Blah... :lol:

Ravage!!!
09-05-2011, 01:07 PM
wasn't a farce, there simply was no competition. No one came close.

camdisco24
09-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Wow... that is kinda funny, yet so stupid.

Tned
09-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Aren't teams required to post depth charts? I wonder if this is even within the rules? There are a LOT of dollars gambled on football, which supposedly is one of the reasons for the injury reports, and I would suppose depth charts.

I guess there is no way to force a team to be honest about the depth chart, but this is so in your face, I wonder if the league will say something to them.

Ravage!!!
09-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Aren't teams required to post depth charts? I wonder if this is even within the rules? There are a LOT of dollars gambled on football, which supposedly is one of the reasons for the injury reports, and I would suppose depth charts.

I guess there is no way to force a team to be honest about the depth chart, but this is so in your face, I wonder if the league will say something to them.

we are keepign it a secret until the "game time" decision.

Keeps the press off their ass for a couple days

Lancane
09-05-2011, 01:15 PM
wasn't a farce, there simply was no competition. No one came close.

Hence the term farce, a fair quarterback competition would have gone beyond simply the in's and out's of practice. Orton was pretty much handed the starting job and was his to lose or for them to win - even I admit that Orton might not have won the job if all three practiced and played with the first team players, but there was in no way a competition at the position as Fox said there would be. Orton looked better because he was better, but he also had most of the first team snaps to prove as much, I would have loved to have seen Orton practice and play with the second or third string!
:lol:

BroncoJoe
09-05-2011, 01:15 PM
I don't know what is so hard to understand about the new rule. No coach of any team has to declare a #2 QB anymore.

It's not rocket science.

Agent of Orange
09-05-2011, 01:17 PM
I don't know what is so hard to understand about the new rule. No coach of any team has to declare a #2 QB anymore.

It's not rocket science.

So what's NASA doing these days? What are the Russians up to?

Tned
09-05-2011, 01:17 PM
we are keepign it a secret until the "game time" decision.

Keeps the press off their ass for a couple days

It would be kind of funny if on the first play of the game, Orton goes down, and Quinn and Tebow both run on the field, and commence to argue:

Quinn: Hey Tim, get off the field, I'm the backup.
Tebow: No, I'm a co-no two, I saw it on the website.
Quinn: Come on Tim, they were just trying to appease the press and fans.
Tebow: I'm a co-no two, it's my turn.
Quinn: Tim, really, get off the field.
Tebow: You get off the field.
Quinn: Tim, ok, there is only one way to settle this.
Tebow: Ok, how.
Quinn: Dueling Bible verses. Get your Iphone out, we will Tweet them out...

Tned
09-05-2011, 01:19 PM

It's not rocket science.

No team ever had to declare a #2 on the depth chart. It was only on game day that a coach would have to declare his emergency QB, and if he did, his other two QBs.

That doesn't make this depth chart any less ludicrous.

BroncoJoe
09-05-2011, 01:19 PM
So what's NASA doing these days? What are the Russians up to?

http://www.nasa.gov/

Tned
09-05-2011, 01:20 PM

Your link was broken, here is the correct one: http://www.nasa.gov (http://www.BroncosForums.com/forums)

Agent of Orange
09-05-2011, 01:20 PM
It would be kind of funny if on the first play of the game, Orton goes down, and Quinn and Tebow both run on the field, and commence to argue:

Quinn: Hey Tim, get off the field, I'm the backup.
Tebow: No, I'm a co-no two, I saw it on the website.
Quinn: Come on Tim, they were just trying to appease the press and fans.
Tebow: I'm a co-no two, it's my turn.
Quinn: Tim, really, get off the field.
Tebow: You get off the field.
Quinn: Tim, don't make me touch you down there...because, believe me, I will.

Fixed

BroncoJoe
09-05-2011, 01:23 PM

No team ever had to declare a #2 on the depth chart. It was only on game day that a coach would have to declare his emergency QB, and if he did, his other two QBs.

That doesn't make this depth chart any less ludicrous.

Maybe if they labeled them as "The Backups" instead of CO-NO. 2 QBS that would be better.

Still not sure how it's ludicrous though.

Ravage!!!
09-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Orton looked better because he was better,

Thats pretty much all that needed to be said. The competition wasn't a farce, it was just ended pretty quickly considering the gap in QB talent.

If you've ever coached, it doesn't take long to see who is the better player. You throw in the fact that the team has less time to prepare than normal, and you are apt to make a quicker decision. Some would prefer the "charade" of pre-season games meaning something. The fact is, it doesn't. Fox knew who was the better player early and quickly, and gave the best player the time with the first team.

The reality is, if there was more time in pre-season, the fans would have gotten their "competition" horse show by prancing Tebow out more often, but the end result would have been the same.

We have seen that there is definitely a competition for the #2 spot. Why? Because the two are "close" in comparables, thus needing more competition to determine the winner. There was no competition for Orton for the #1 spot at this point.

Agent of Orange
09-05-2011, 01:25 PM

Nice, so rocket science has been reduced to looking at rocks using remote controlled cars.

Could you imagine the if this quote from JFK

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too. "

were to be replaced with:

We choose to look at rocks on Mars. We choose to look at rocks in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.

Agent of Orange
09-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Thats pretty much all that needed to be said. The competition wasn't a farce, it was just ended pretty quickly considering the gap in QB talent.

If you've ever coached, it doesn't take long to see who is the better player. You throw in the fact that the team has less time to prepare than normal, and you are apt to make a quicker decision. Some would prefer the "charade" of pre-season games meaning something. The fact is, it doesn't. Fox knew who was the better player early and quickly, and gave the best player the time with the first team.

The reality is, if there was more time in pre-season, the fans would have gotten their "competition" horse show by prancing Tebow out more often, but the end result would have been the same.

We have seen that there is definitely a competition for the #2 spot. Why? Because the two are "close" in comparables, thus needing more competition to determine the winner. There was no competition for Orton for the #1 spot at this point.

The games are more important than practice. Take your garbage elsewhere and stop trolling.

BroncoJoe
09-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Nice, so rocket science has been reduced to looking at rocks using remote controlled cars.

Could you imagine the if this quote from JFK

were to be replaced with:

Maybe this one is better?

http://www.manta.com/mb_35_G02F9000_000/guided_missiles_and_space_vehicles

Denver Native (Carol)
09-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Since 9news was named the official Broncos tv station this year, Rod Mackey's "overtime", which aired every Sunday night after the 10:00 news is now "Broncos Tonight". Last night, he ran a clip where he had sat down with Coach Fox. ONCE AGAIN - he asked Fox about who is #2 and #3. ONCE AGAIN - Fox said he will not designate that.

More than likely, putting the picture up, showing Quinn/Tebow together, and stating co-no 2 QBS, is the Broncos way of saying stop asking who is #2, who is #3. Also, a few weeks earlier, Fox stated something like the situation, players' ability would come into play.

Living in Denver - one of the most talked about things in regards to the Broncos, is this very thing, regardless if it is ch9, ch4, the fan, the ticket, etc. Fox KDVR even has tagged the QB situation with "As The Quarterback Squirms", and before talking about the QB situation, they put up a picture showing the 3 QB's pictures together. It has become a real three ring circus for the media here, as well as nationally. I can definitely see why the Broncos are getting real tired of addressing this issue.

Agent of Orange
09-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Since 9news was named the official Broncos tv station this year, Rod Mackey's "overtime", which aired every Sunday night after the 10:00 news is now "Broncos Tonight". Last night, he ran a clip where he had sat down with Coach Fox. ONCE AGAIN - he asked Fox about who is #2 and #3. ONCE AGAIN - Fox said he will not designate that.

More than likely, putting the picture up, showing Quinn/Tebow together, and stating co-no 2 QBS, is the Broncos way of saying stop asking who is #2, who is #3. Also, a few weeks earlier, Fox stated something like the situation, players' ability would come into play.

Living in Denver - one of the most talked about things in regards to the Broncos, is this very thing, regardless if it is ch9, ch4, the fan, the ticket, etc. Fox KDVR even has tagged the QB situation with "As The Quarterback Squirms", and before talking about the QB situation, they put up a picture showing the 3 QB's pictures together. It has become a real three ring circus for the media here, as well as nationally. I can definitely see why the Broncos are getting real tired of addressing this issue.

They've kind of brought it on themselves.

Ravage!!!
09-05-2011, 01:36 PM
The games are more important than practice. Take your garbage elsewhere and stop trolling.

:lol::lol::lol: You are cute.

Agent of Orange
09-05-2011, 01:46 PM
:lol::lol::lol: You are cute.

Im a little surprised you're back trying to start shit after I clipped your nuts a while back. Oh well. It's only a matter of time before it happens again. Troll at your own risk.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-05-2011, 01:48 PM
They've kind of brought it on themselves.

How?

Slick
09-05-2011, 02:20 PM
When did we turn into the orange mane?

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Lancane
09-05-2011, 02:51 PM
How?

I even admit they brought it on themselves Carol, I just don't think they knew how to handle the situation. They should have never confirmed or denied that Orton was on the market publicly that started the whole of it. Then they confirmed that Tebow was going to be the starter, again this is something they should have not committed to. Then Orton is treated as the starter while trade talk's were going on, making their statement that Tebow was the starter completely false and claiming much the same saying that they were having an open competition at the quarterback position, all the while continuing to confirm Orton was still the starter! Orton's trade falls through and they don't commit to having a quarterback competition as they said they would and therein making a farce of it all.

So how are they at fault...simply put, they should have kept their mouths shut! What they did was rise the hopes of the fans, the majority I might add that Orton was finally going to be gone, the Tebowmaniacs hopes that Tim was going to be the starter or get a chance to prove himself before they might draft someone in the next draft and then tried to save face with a farce of a quarterback competition because obviously they had no other choice to calm the situation down. Basically their transparency backfired and they had no way to really save face.

Tned
09-05-2011, 02:53 PM
When did we turn into the orange mane?

How did you find out about that? The sale to TJ isn't due to be completed until next month? :confused:

Lancane
09-05-2011, 02:55 PM
How did you find out about that? The sale to TJ isn't due to be completed until next month? :confused:

I hope that's a joke! :eek:

Slick
09-05-2011, 02:59 PM

Lol.

My comment was meant more for there being people insulting each other in virtually every thread lately.

People are being dicks to each other. Everyone needs to burn one and mellow out.

Northman
09-05-2011, 03:05 PM
I even admit they brought it on themselves Carol, I just don't think they knew how to handle the situation. They should have never confirmed or denied that Orton was on the market publicly that started the whole of it. Then they confirmed that Tebow was going to be the starter, again this is something they should have not committed to. Then Orton is treated as the starter while trade talk's were going on, making their statement that Tebow was the starter completely false and claiming much the same saying that they were having an open competition at the quarterback position, all the while continuing to confirm Orton was still the starter! Orton's trade falls through and they don't commit to having a quarterback competition as they said they would and therein making a farce of it all.

So how are they at fault...simply put, they should have kept their mouths shut! What they did was rise the hopes of the fans, the majority I might add that Orton was finally going to be gone, the Tebowmaniacs hopes that Tim was going to be the starter or get a chance to prove himself before they might draft someone in the next draft and then tried to save face with a farce of a quarterback competition because obviously they had no other choice to calm the situation down. Basically their transparency backfired and they had no way to really save face.

Thanks. Stopped me from really writing it out. If Fox and company would just answer the question regarding who #2 and 3 are the quesiton would become mute at that point. It doesnt even matter who is #2 or 3 because we already have a #1. Why all the dancing around i have no idea. Just complete nonsense and utter stupidity.

Tned
09-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Thanks. Stopped me from really writing it out. If Fox and company would just answer the question regarding who #2 and 3 are the quesiton would become mute at that point. It doesnt even matter who is #2 or 3 because we already have a #1. Why all the dancing around i have no idea. Just complete nonsense and utter stupidity.

Here's Ted Sundquist's take on it, FWIW:

RT @Ted_Sundquist: @BroncosForums Forces opponents to prepare for both. W/ new 3rd QB rules in place, can spot play both from situational aspects. I like it.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-05-2011, 03:12 PM

This is how it started:

With the NFL trading period opening at 8 a.m. today, Orton's days as the Broncos' starting QB may be down to hours. The Broncos will be entertaining offers for Orton, according to two NFL sources.

Orton had been No. 1 on the Denver depth chart at quarterback since he was acquired from the Chicago Bears​ in their trade for Jay Cutler before the 2009 season.

If the Broncos don't like the offers they receive for Orton, he likely would remain their starting quarterback.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18549001

I am not doubting what you say, but I can't find where the Broncos either confirmed or denied that Orton was on the market, nor can I find where the Broncos confirmed that Tebow was the starter.

When Coach Fox was first hired, one of the first things he said was that Orton was the starter. And there was definitely competition in training camp - the DP writers have written about it, the tv and radio people have talked about it and they all in agreement - i.e. - based on training camp competition, Orton is definitely the starter. These are all people who were physically at training camp.

Tned
09-05-2011, 03:17 PM
This is how it started:

I am not doubting what you say, but I can't find where the Broncos either confirmed or denied that Orton was on the market, nor can I find where the Broncos confirmed that Tebow was the starter.

When Coach Fox was first hired, one of the first things he said was that Orton was the starter. And there was definitely competition in training camp - the DP writers have written about it, the tv and radio people have talked about it all they all in agreement - i.e. - based on training camp competition, Orton is definitely the starter. These are all people who were physically at training camp.

I would say it started earlier than that, when during the lockout Elway said on the radio that he didn't know if Orton would be on the opening day roster. Then, when it was reported that Orton was on the trade block, and that a tentative deal had been worked out with Miami, it went along with Elway's comments from months earlier.

Lancane
09-05-2011, 03:21 PM
This is how it started:

When Coach Fox was first hired, one of the first things he said was that Orton was the starter. And there was definitely competition in training camp - the DP writers have written about it, the tv and radio people have talked about it all they all in agreement - i.e. - based on training camp competition, Orton is definitely the starter.

Both were reported and confirmed on the NFLN and at NFL.com, the first was that Orton was officially being shopped by the Broncos, it only came out later that he had asked for a trade because he didn't want to be a backup (Which was officially reported by the Denver Post). It was about a week later that NFL.com with confirmation by sources within the Broncos' Front Office that Tebow was going to be named the starter.

What was said and what did happen are two different things, and again I don't think they knew how to handle it because they are so transparent - it would have been real easy to deny both reports and simply state that they're keeping all options open, but they didn't. It's not near as bad as McDaniels lying about trade talks over Cutler, it's simply a rookie mistake by a rather new regime - it doesn't bother me so much, but they should have realized that taking no stance was better then taking several little ones.

Ravage!!!
09-05-2011, 03:22 PM
This is how it started:

When Coach Fox was first hired, one of the first things he said was that Orton was the starter. And there was definitely competition in training camp - the DP writers have written about it, the tv and radio people have talked about it and they all in agreement - i.e. - based on training camp competition, Orton is definitely the starter. These are all people who were physically at training camp.

Thank you Carol. I was thinking that most of the "Tebow is the starter" was based purely on the assumption that Orton would be gone.

Thus this "back and forth" thing that people insist has been going on, has ONLY been through the fans and not from the coaches.

Lancane
09-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Thank you Carol. I was thinking that most of the "Tebow is the starter" was based purely on the assumption that Orton would be gone.

Thus this "back and forth" thing that people insist has been going on, has ONLY been through the fans and not from the coaches.

The Denver Post wasn't the source that broke both of the stories, it was NFL.com, the Post got on the story rather late but were the one's who got Orton's take on it and then why he had asked to be traded.

Again, I just don't think they handled it right...but little mistakes are going to be made by what is unquestionably a rookie regime. If people are really angry that they were just as confused as us and were a little dumbfounded, then they just need to get over it.

MOtorboat
09-05-2011, 03:46 PM
LMAO.

In Allen Iverson voice: Backup? Backup. We're talking about the backup. I mean, what are we talking about here? The Backup? We're talking about the backup, man....

camdisco24
09-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Lol.

My comment was meant more for there being people insulting each other in virtually every thread lately.

People are being dicks to each other. Everyone needs to burn one and mellow out.

It's not a majority, there are a select one or two. I'm noticing a trend with certain posters...

Dzone
09-05-2011, 05:11 PM
This is great! Nobody gets their feelings hurt this way.
:pound:

chazoe60
09-05-2011, 05:20 PM
The way this QB situation has been handled has been embarrassing from the get-go.

Here's where we are as a franchise at the most impirtant position on the field:
Our starter is a guy who pretty much everyone agrees is a mediocre QB with major flaws in his game. A guy ranked, by most, in the 18-22 range. A gamemanager who would need a great team around him to ultimately win. And this guy has been handed the starting job with nobody else even being allowed to be on the same field with the starters for three straight years.

Our backup is a guy who also has major flaws but excels at all the things the starter sucks at (leadership, clutch situations, under pressure) but he is lacking in pocket QB skills dramatically. Our backup is also arguably one of the most polarizing and popular athletes of all time. Our starter could bore insurance agents to tears with his play and his personality.

Neither guy is what the franchise needs, a franchise QB capable of winning a SB. Tebow could be someday, maybe. Orton will never be.

Basically our QB situation is the perfect storm of suck. I hope we either draft a guy or find out Tebow can be the guy, but I fear we'll just settle for another year of suck and the 8th pick in thr draft and more of the same QB suck next year.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-05-2011, 05:29 PM
The Denver Post wasn't the source that broke both of the stories, it was NFL.com, the Post got on the story rather late but were the one's who got Orton's take on it and then why he had asked to be traded.

Again, I just don't think they handled it right...but little mistakes are going to be made by what is unquestionably a rookie regime. If people are really angry that they were just as confused as us and were a little dumbfounded, then they just need to get over it.

Totally agree - it is what it is. The season for the Broncos starts a week from today - time for every one to back the Broncos team, and not just their favorite player(s).

BroncoBJ
09-05-2011, 06:11 PM
:lol: oh man, this is too funny. Some people might hate it and not like it but I think its pretty classic. Was wondering if they would do something like that. Now fans can stop wondering and be in suspense. Liking Fox more and more now. Sneaky :salute:

Ravage!!!
09-05-2011, 06:22 PM
This way the Tebow guys can say that he's #2, and the Quinn guys can say that HE's #2, and both would be right.

BroncoBJ
09-05-2011, 06:26 PM
This way the Tebow guys can say that he's #2, and the Quinn guys can say that HE's #2, and both would be right.

And then Topscribe would be the winner of all them. :salute:

claymore
09-05-2011, 06:43 PM
The way this QB situation has been handled has been embarrassing from the get-go.

Here's where we are as a franchise at the most impirtant position on the field:
Our starter is a guy who pretty much everyone agrees is a mediocre QB with major flaws in his game. A guy ranked, by most, in the 18-22 range. A gamemanager who would need a great team around him to ultimately win. And this guy has been handed the starting job with nobody else even being allowed to be on the same field with the starters for three straight years.

Our backup is a guy who also has major flaws but excels at all the things the starter sucks at (leadership, clutch situations, under pressure) but he is lacking in pocket QB skills dramatically. Our backup is also arguably one of the most polarizing and popular athletes of all time. Our starter could bore insurance agents to tears with his play and his personality.

Neither guy is what the franchise needs, a franchise QB capable of winning a SB. Tebow could be someday, maybe. Orton will never be.

Basically our QB situation is the perfect storm of suck. I hope we either draft a guy or find out Tebow can be the guy, but I fear we'll just settle for another year of suck and the 8th pick in thr draft and more of the same QB suck next year.

I think if Tebow was anywhere close to being as good as Orton then he would be the starter.

Fox and Elway inherited a steaming pile of poop at the QB position. Tebow being so polorizing makes it worse.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-05-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm inclined to believe that this little depth chart charade is designed to deflect media attention. For whatever the reasons, Tim Tebow is a media lightning rod, sometimes in a good way, and sometimes in a bad way. There would be Tebow devotees who are crushed/offended if he couldn't beat out Brady Quinn, and there'll be Tebow haters who would be gleeful in that same case.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-Broncos-are-committed-to-non-committal-on-Qu?urn=nfl-wp6489

PAINTERDAVE
09-06-2011, 12:24 AM

Are there really any Quinn guys after that last game against Arizona?

Seriously.. Anybody really back Quinn..
on his own as a QB..
independant of their feelings about the other QB's.

Anybody?

MOtorboat
09-06-2011, 07:47 AM

on his own as a QB..

Anybody?

You rang?

vandammage13
09-06-2011, 09:41 AM
on his own as a QB..

Anybody?

I would wonder how there would still be Orton fans after the last reg season game against Arizona....

vandammage13
09-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Our team is becoming [has become] a laughing stock.

We have become one of the worst teams in the league on the field (which is bad enough on its own).

Couple that with years of personnel blunders that would make Matt Millen blush...

Along with the public handling of our QB situation...

Its just sad how far the team has fallen.

And now our hopes hinge on a coach who left his last gig with the worst record in the NFL.

BroncoJoe
09-06-2011, 09:48 AM

We have become one of the worst teams in the league on the field (which is bad enough on its own).

Couple that with years of personnel blunders that would make Matt Millen blush...

And now our hopes hinge on a coach who left his last gig with the worst record in the NFL.

Good grief.

Jsteve01
09-06-2011, 09:51 AM

Probably ought to just hang it up now. I mean the draft was horrible this year, we didn't clear a bunch of dead weight and free up dead money....we're doooooomed, doomed I say

vandammage13
09-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Probably ought to just hang it up now. I mean the draft was horrible this year, we didn't clear a bunch of dead weight and free up dead money....we're doooooomed, doomed I say

Ahh...hope springs eternal with each new season...

I'm not saying we can't or won't turn things around.

Just stating where we are right now as a franchise.

SOCALORADO.
09-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Ahh...hope springs eternal with each new season...

I'm not saying we can't or won't turn things around.

Just stating where we are right now as a franchise.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/a2/fullj.89593f6f30bd041b19e491b4888ce5c2/89593f6f30bd041b19e491b4888ce5c2-getty-123491181.jpg
http://cdn.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/1.3143297.1315090862!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/display_600/image.jpg

Ravage!!!
09-06-2011, 10:11 AM
man.. he even wears a knee brace like Elway. To see him in ANY other uniform other than a Bronco uniform, would be a crime against repeated history!

SOCALORADO.
09-06-2011, 10:22 AM
man.. he even wears a knee brace like Elway. To see him in ANY other uniform other than a Bronco uniform, would be a crime against repeated history!

http://dailytrojan.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/barkley_web.jpg

TXBRONC
09-06-2011, 10:24 AM

Good grief.

I wouldn't say we've reached the level of laughing stock just yet.

Northman
09-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Man, I think SoCal and Rav are going to commit Hiri Kiri when we dont draft Luck or Barkley. lmao

SOCALORADO.
09-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Man, I think SoCal and Rav are going to commit Hiri Kiri when we dont draft Luck or Barkley. lmao

Child Please!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VV7gKfmt7Gg/TeKFN65OumI/AAAAAAAAEmY/WDXertbx9FY/s1600/john-elway-speaker.jpg

lgenf
09-06-2011, 10:34 AM
I don't know what is going on in practices, but I know what my eyes tell me IS happening in the games, and so far Quinn has not played at the same level as T2

that last game was just the icing on the cake

if you let T2 start that game and play the first half, that game, score, etc is completely different.

I know the "experts" continue to say that T2 looks horrible in practice and I don't doubt with him working on so many things in this off season on his own (with hired coaches) that T2 looked like he was thinking too much and did not look fluid at all, but in these games he hasn't looked bad (not that he hasn't done bad things, or had bad throws) but he has definitely outplayed Quinn

Northman
09-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Child Please!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VV7gKfmt7Gg/TeKFN65OumI/AAAAAAAAEmY/WDXertbx9FY/s1600/john-elway-speaker.jpg

http://rlv.zcache.com/my_lucky_charms_t_shirt-p235143751101295530qmkd_400.jpg

weazel
09-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Hmmm, do you think the fact that Quinn is listed first in the "Brady Quinn or Tim Tebow" that it means that Quinn is really the #2 QB?

nah... I think it just means we have two horrible backups!

SOCALORADO.
09-06-2011, 10:56 AM
nah... I think it just means we have two horrible backups!

And the FO/HC know this. End conspiracy theory.

PAINTERDAVE
09-06-2011, 10:58 AM
You rang?

No offense , Boat...

but you have seem to have been SOOO anti -Tebow...

that I wonder if you supporting Quinn is a balancing act against Tim.

Just wonderin'....

Like if you could pick a QB for a team out of say..

10 mid grade QB's around the league...

you'd actually pick Quinn?

I mean I KNOW there are guys who would pick Orton...
and I KNOW there are guys who would pick Tebow...

but would you or ANYBODY pick Quinn out of 10 mid grade QB's
off of a list independent of their present situation now?

Lancane
09-06-2011, 09:05 PM

http://ou.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2010/11/29/LandryJones-throws1.jpg

:D

Ravage!!!
09-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Barkley and this kid don't go to Stanford. Going to Stanford, and being graded as the best QB prospect SINCE Elway.... would be why I think its repeated history.

Dzone
09-06-2011, 11:59 PM
Let the Buffalos, Detroits and Cincinnatis fight it out over who gets to draft Luck and Barkley. I hope we have no part in it.

Canmore
09-07-2011, 12:27 AM
Let the Buffalos, Detroits and Cincinnatis fight it out over who gets to draft Luck and Barkley. I hope we have no part in it.

It will be a long season if we are part of the suck for Luck sweepstakes. I hope you are right and we have no part in it.

Lancane
09-07-2011, 01:34 AM

If Tebow is as horrid as some report you might want to rethink that unless you want to continue to have Orton or someone even more mediocre at the helm!

;)

Denver27og
09-07-2011, 04:40 PM

man what the effff is that BS??? thanks alot mcd.. sure would be nice to have peyton effin hillis.. fakkkk

chazoe60
09-07-2011, 06:06 PM
My biggest fear for this franchise is that we go 5-11 and Orton does something like 3400, yards 20-10, chokes away a few games (as usual) but Fox falls in love with his safe play and talks Elway into resigning him to a long term contract. Orton with an extension IMHO will mean a minimum of 7 years without being a true contender.

I've heard so much about how Fox loves his vets and he loves his safe, low risk low reward three yards and a cloud of dust offense, and going with Orton from day-1 without any actual fair QB competition scares me a little.

We absolutely need a franchise QB, and Orton is not a franchise QB.

We brought in Von. We have Doom. We have Champ, who IMHO has at least 5 more good years in him. How many of those years will be at CB and how many will be at S, I don't know but 5 years regardless. With those guys as elite type cornerstones at all three levels and guys like Mays, DJ, Marcus Thomas, Bunkley, Goodman, Vaughn, Moore and a couple more draft picks and FA's all performing at a solid level we really are close at having a good defense. Yes we still need to build it up, no doubt. But there are some very good pieces. Also add to that having two guys who I think are damn good defensive minds in Fox and Allen, we are on our way to building a good defense for years to come.

The offense IMO is set at WR, especially if DT gets healthy and stays healthy. The RB situation is actually good I think. Know showed some very good flashes last season and with better OL play I think he can be pretty damn good. Add to that the very good short yardage and goal line play of Willis and I like our RBs right now and for the next few years if we can keep them healthy.

The OL needs experience and depth. Our OL depth is very bad. One injury on the OL and we will be scrambling. So this is definitely a spot we need to concentrate on building in the next few drafts and FA periods.

The way to win a SB is to have a very good Defense, a consistent running game with #of attempts being the key stat, and a franchise QB. Other things that are also very important are to have a defense built on probowl type cornerstones (a stud at DL, a stud at LB and a stud in the secondary) and having an elite LT. We are committed and are on our way to accomplishing the Defense and running game part. We have the defensive cornerstones and the elite LT. The one part of the equation that scares me and that we absolutely do not have yet and have not shown a commitment to addressing as of yet is the franchise QB.

Can Orton become one? It's possible, but I really doubt it. And even if he puts up an franchise QB type of regular season how many of you would be comfortable having the ball in his hands in crunch time of a playoff game?

Can Tebow become one? Who knows really? I'm starting to have my doubts though. I definitely feel like EFEX doesn't think it's possible.

I hope we show some kind of commitment to finding a franchise QB instead of wallowing in mediocrity at the most important position on the field.

vandammage13
09-08-2011, 09:49 AM
It will be a long season if we are part of the suck for Luck sweepstakes. I hope you are right and we have no part in it.

Honestly, if Luck was guaranteed 100% to be a HOF player that many have hyped him to be, I would be fine with tanking one season to get him.

Ask Indianapolis fans if they would trade the last 13 years of Peyton Manning leading them to 11+ win seasons in exchange for an extra 4 or 5 wins in 1997. I have a feeling they would say no.

If I knew for sure that a guy was going to be the next John Elway or Peyton Manning and we would have him for the next 13+ years, you're damn right that I would settle for 2-14 again as opposed to 6-10 or 7-9.

The problem with this thinking though, is that as good as the prospect of Andrew Luck might be, he is not a sure thing. There is no such thing as a sure thing. He has as much of a chance as becoming David Carr as he does becoming John Elway.

Nothing is guaranteed in the draft. Settle for nothing less than winning Bronco fans!

:salute:

Lancane
09-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Honestly, if Luck was guaranteed 100% to be a HOF player that many have hyped him to be, I would be fine with tanking one season to get him.

Ask Indianapolis fans if they would trade the last 13 years of Peyton Manning leading them to 11+ win seasons in exchange for an extra 4 or 5 wins in 1997. I have a feeling they would say no.

If I knew for sure that a guy was going to be the next John Elway or Peyton Manning and we would have him for the next 13+ years, you're damn right that I would settle for 2-14 again as opposed to 6-10 or 7-9.

The problem with this thinking though, is that as good as the prospect of Andrew Luck might be, he is not a sure thing. There is no such thing as a sure thing. He has as much of a chance as becoming David Carr as he does becoming John Elway.

Nothing is guaranteed in the draft. Settle for nothing less than winning Bronco fans!

:salute:

Problem is that has been our motto for awhile now, and we've continually remained mediocre. If McDaniels would have never have come to Denver we would be much closer to the promise land, but if we continue to just win without a adding the necessary pieces, do we really want to be an 8-8 team for then next five or six years?

vandammage13
09-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Problem is that has been our motto for awhile now, and we've continually remained mediocre. If McDaniels would have never have come to Denver we would be much closer to the promise land, but if we continue to just win without a adding the necessary pieces, do we really want to be an 8-8 team for then next five or six years?

Yes, this team as is isn't any better than 8-8 and never will be without adding successful pieces.

However, this can be done without getting high draft picks. You just need to make the most of the draft picks that you have.

Saints got their QB via FA...

Packers got theirs in the late 1st round, and their previous QB via trade...

Steelers got theirs mid first round....

Pats got theirs in a later round....

Through the last decade only the Giants and Colts have won with a high draft pick at QB...

My point is that you don't need that #1 pick to get out of mediocrity, so long as you make smart decisions with the picks you have.

Hopefully the new regime will make smart decisions with their picks...I like the Von pick so far...

Northman
09-08-2011, 02:35 PM

It will interesting to see how Kolb works out in Az.

Lancane
09-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Yes, this team as is isn't any better than 8-8 and never will be without adding successful pieces.

Agreed, but if you look at the success rate of modern NFL quarterbacks, few have been selected beyond the first or second round. Most have been picked within the first 42 picks of the draft.

However, this can be done without getting high draft picks. You just need to make the most of the draft picks that you have.
That is true but you got to understand the circumstances as well.

The Saints took a chance on a quarterback that few thought would overcome his injury, and signed him as a free agent. How many young Pro-Bowl quarterbacks do you believe are free agents?

Packers got theirs in the late 1st round, and their previous QB via trade...
Yes, they got Farve via trade, he was a second round pick before that and Green Bay traded a first round pick for him. As to Rodgers, he was a late first round pick who got to sit behind a hall of fame quarterback and learn.

Steelers got theirs mid first round....
Ummm...the 11th overall pick isn't a mid round pick, nor was Cutler a mid round pick.

Pats got theirs in a later round....

That doesn't happen often, there is only one Tom Brady and one Terrell Davis, just like there is only one Shannon Sharpe.

Through the last decade only the Giants and Colts have won with a high draft pick at QB...
That's funny, Phillip Rivers has been to the playoffs rather frequently, Sanchez...playoffs, Roethlisberger...playoffs, Manning...playoffs, Flacco...playoffs, Ryan...playoffs, Cutler...playoffs, the other Manning...playoffs - do I need to continue?

My point is that you don't need that #1 pick to get out of mediocrity, so long as you make smart decisions with the picks you have.
I've already admitted to as much, but that doesn't mean you overlook the position, especially when you're unsure about it.

Hopefully the new regime will make smart decisions with their picks...I like the Von pick so far...

Completely agree, Von was a stellar pick...but was it a one time affair, are they going to remain loyal to Fox's offensive strategies of the past which eventually costed him his job in Carolina? There are many variables and using the draft wisely is just one of them.

Slick
09-08-2011, 03:50 PM
chazoe, i wouldn't worry about Orton getting a long term deal. Elway will get us a good qb one way or another.

vandammage13
09-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Agreed, but if you look at the success rate of modern NFL quarterbacks, few have been selected beyond the first or second round. Most have been picked within the first 42 picks of the draft.

So being a mediocre 8-8 we won't get a 1st or 2nd round pick?

The Saints took a chance on a quarterback that few thought would overcome his injury, and signed him as a free agent. How many young Pro-Bowl quarterbacks do you believe are free agents?

Yes it is not a common occurance, but Kolb could be the next one...Teams have even upgraded through FA enough to at least make a run at the Super Bowl (Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Rich Gannon.) Those guys don't really equate with long-term success, but Kolb could.

Yes, they got Farve via trade, he was a second round pick before that and Green Bay traded a first round pick for him. As to Rodgers, he was a late first round pick who got to sit behind a hall of fame quarterback and learn.

Rodgers probably would have been great without Favre..

Ummm...the 11th overall pick isn't a mid round pick, nor was Cutler a mid round pick.

Yeah, maybe not correct to classify it as a mid round pick, but finishing with a mediocre record probably will land you something close to #11...

That's funny, Phillip Rivers has been to the playoffs rather frequently, Sanchez...playoffs, Roethlisberger...playoffs, Manning...playoffs, Flacco...playoffs, Ryan...playoffs, Cutler...playoffs, the other Manning...playoffs - do I need to continue?

Again, I'm talking about being abysmal to get a top pick...And I can come up with just as many examples of guys not taken in the Top 5 that are leading their teams to not just the playoffs, but Superbowls. (By the way Roethlisberger belongs on my list, not yours.)

I've already admitted to as much, but that doesn't mean you overlook the position, especially when you're unsure about it.

This comment still does nothing to dispell the fact that you can still get your guy with a mid first rounder....

Completely agree, Von was a stellar pick...but was it a one time affair, are they going to remain loyal to Fox's offensive strategies of the past which eventually costed him his job in Carolina? There are many variables and using the draft wisely is just one of them.

Yeah the jury is still out on the regime...Fox's conservative style scares me in today's NFL.

Jsteve01
09-08-2011, 03:56 PM

That is true but you got to understand the circumstances as well.

That doesn't happen often, there is only one Tom Brady and one Terrell Davis, just like there is only one Shannon Sharpe.

Fox's offensive strategies didn't involve firing 6 assistants after the 2008 or letting Peppers walk. Nor did it involve drafting Claussen. I don't think he deserves a pass on last year's failings but the stage was set for him to fail

Lancane
09-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Fox's offensive strategies didn't involve firing 6 assistants after the 2008

His offense was dismal before then, they were the 7th overall offense in 2008...but they choked more often then not and hardly successful. Coach Fox had been warned by management before the 2008 season that his offense wasn't cutting it, the year before they were the 26th overall offense, 27th the year before that, 8th before that, 15th before that and 30th the year before that. So his offenses were already rather unsteady and mostly mediocre. So was it that different in 09' and 10', no they were 21st then 32nd. Fox was as stubborn about his offense and Shanahan was about his defense. No one was surprised Fox was getting fired, he had refused to fix what was wrong time and time again with the offense.

or letting Peppers walk.

Sometimes you lose good players, the measure of a coach is producing a solid team no matter the losses to personnel.

Nor did it involve drafting Claussen.

Really, I think people need to be reminded that John Fox tried to trade up to get Clausen in that draft.

"It was Panthers coach John Fox telling Clausen how excited he was to land him after failing to trade up into the first round with the New Orleans Saints, who owned the final pick Thursday night.

"Obviously, I wanted to be picked as high as I could," Clausen said. "But at the end of the day, everything happens for a reason. I couldn't be more happy to be a part of the Panthers organization.

"Coach Fox was really excited. He told me they were trying to get up to the 32nd pick, but it didn't work out. He's really excited to have me on the team. I told him I can't wait to get there and start to work and help the team and the organization do what I can to help them win."

I don't think he deserves a pass on last year's failings but the stage was set for him to fail
He was involved more then some people think, he may have been set up to fail, but he had a big hand in his own demise.

nflfan
09-09-2011, 04:40 AM

I don't believe the coaching staff is this indecisive. If Fox believed Tebow should be the #2, he would be in the depth chart.

This co-#2 is pure PR ... keeping fans happy, buying shirts and tickets. Tebow is too big an issue in Denver to be handled like any other player. Pat understands this now.

I'm guessing the situation the Broncos are in is similar to the one Tennessee had with Vince Young, where Coach Fisher didn't believe he was the right QB for the team, but the owner and fans loved him and wanted him to be their franchise QB.

Fair or not, I don't think Fox (or Elway) believes Tebow should quarterback the Broncos, but like Fisher, he has to handle the situation with a lot of delicacy.

If the Broncos don't make a decision soon, either way, on their future plans with Tebow, the team and the organization won't be able to move forward; too many critical decisions for the organization and the team will be based on this.

That's why it's important for the Broncos to hire the best GM that they can afford, and not just settle into giving Xanders a shot. He hasn't earned it.

BroncoStud
09-09-2011, 06:01 AM
I don't believe the coaching staff is this indecisive. If Fox believed Tebow should be the #2, he would be in the depth chart.

This co-#2 is pure PR ... keeping fans happy, buying shirts and tickets. Tebow is too big an issue in Denver to be handled like any other player. Pat understands this now.

I'm guessing the situation the Broncos are in is similar to the one Tennessee had with Vince Young, where Coach Fisher didn't believe he was the right QB for the team, but the owner and fans loved him and wanted him to be their franchise QB.

Fair or not, I don't think Fox (or Elway) believes Tebow should quarterback the Broncos, but like Fisher, he has to handle the situation with a lot of delicacy.

If the Broncos don't make a decision soon, either way, on their future plans with Tebow, the team and the organization won't be able to move forward; too many critical decisions for the organization and the team will be based on this.

That's why it's important for the Broncos to hire the best GM that they can afford, and not just settle into giving Xanders a shot. He hasn't earned it.

If anyone "earned" the right to be fired on the spot it was Xanders. I can't believe we kept that guy around.

Lancane
09-09-2011, 12:18 PM
That's my take on the matter as well.

Exactly, thanky you! Fox has a boss, his name is Brian Xanders. Brian Xanders has a boss, his name is John Elway. John Elway has a boss, his name is Joe Ellis. Joe Ellis has a boss, his name is Pat Bowlen. The Broncos have had some tremendously bad PR issues thanks to McDaniels, I am everyone in the chain is quite aware that Pat is sick of the relations issues as well as the football issues.

Similar but different, we have to remember that the quarterback that Bowlen wanted was Sam Bradford, McDaniels tried to trade up to get him and then took Tebow who he wanted in what I think was a move to try and save his job. Does Pat support Tebow as Adams did Young? I don't think so... There is another pretty good quarterback that might be coming out of Oklahoma this year that I am sure Mr. Bowlen has his scouts keeping an eye on, let alone that I am sure he is interested in Luck as well. Elway may have some love for Tebow, but I would say that it's 50/50 because I also feel he has tried to help him, but that really doesn't mean much at all. Fox took Clausen, he even tried to trade up and get him higher then where they did...he even looked at Tebow before the draft, but instead of going with Tebow as his starter he's going with Orton, who is not that well liked by the fans. Does anyone in the Front Office believe in Tebow beyond the fans themselves, and that group has lost some muster as well recently?

I disagree, the Broncos have set themselves up to where they can go either direction and not commit themselves to any particular strategy. Start Orton, if he begins to show inconsistencies then they can look at both Tebow and Brady, if neither works or they don't believe so they can draft someone with less guffaw from the fans. If Orton is decent then they don't have to try and justify the whole Tebow/Brady issue, they can go any direction they want and there is no justification needed should they draft someone.

Xanders will remain the General Manager for another year, at least. If suddenly we start having horrid drafts and bad free agencies that the others feel are his fault, then he'll take the blame. He's also the perfect escape goat for drafting another quarterback...according to what they've stated he had no choice in the draft picks under McDaniels, wouldn't it make sense to leave the buck on his doorstep when they draft another quarterback and the Tebow fanatics are looking to sacrifice someone?

:lol:

nflfan
09-09-2011, 07:33 PM
I was thinking Bowlen might be on Tebow's side, because he's good for business, but you do have a point, he might not be married to him being the franchise QB. If Bowlen is looking for another Elway, as Denver almost always does, Tebow does not fit that mold. Not saying he can't be good, but just that he doesn't have the same skills set as Elway.

On the Broncos making a decision, I think they need a little time to really evaluate Tebow. Eventually, though, if they were to go with Tebow and his current skills set, they may have to change what kind of offense they run, maybe make it look more like the one the Eagles run, since he's closer to Vick than he is to Orton. If that is the case, then they might need to plan differently for that.

It's like when Shanahan decided he wanted a more explossive passing offense. He started re-tooling the OL and receiving corps. He also had to commit to the direction, even if it meant taking a step backward to do so. Changing the offense in preparation for Tebow may actually hurt Orton, the way Shanahan changing the offense for Cutler may have hurt Plummer.

Aaron Rodgers was a happy accident; he was supposed to start much earlier, as QBs do in the modern NFL due to their contracts. Because of Favre's indecisiveness on his own retirement, Rodgers was able to learn the same offense for 3 seasons, before finally starting in his 4th season. Is it any wonder that in his 6th season with the same offense, he seemed to just know where everyone was all the time, even without looking?

That would be a happy accident, if that could happen to Tebow. Unfortunately, Orton doesn't have the fan power Favre has; quite the opposite, a lot of fans want him gone, and Tebow to start immediately. McDaniels' plan was to bench Tebow and bring him up really slowly.

We'll see what happens. For good or bad, McDaniels' legacy left a lot of difficult questions for the new regime. :D

Northman
09-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Similar but different, we have to remember that the quarterback that Bowlen wanted was Sam Bradford, McDaniels tried to trade up to get him and then took Tebow who he wanted in what I think was a move to try and save his job.

:shocked:

I must of missed this article. Do you have the link for it where it states Bowlen wanted to move up for Bradford?

Lancane
09-09-2011, 11:11 PM
:shocked:

I must of missed this article. Do you have the link for it where it states Bowlen wanted to move up for Bradford?

When I first heard that it was on a sport's show on Sirius Radio, I really didn't put much stock in it at the time, but they said that McDaniels had contacted the Rams about a trade during the draft. Because we hadn't met with Bradford before the draft I figured it was to move around with a different pick. About a month later Yahoo Sports had an article on Tebow, it mentioned all the quarterbacks the Broncos looked at, because as you know they met with McCoy as well, but they said that they confirmed with someone inside the Broncos' Organization, that the Broncos did indeed try and trade up for the first overall pick, to get Sam Bradford. ESPN did an article about a week maybe two later and they confirmed with Josh McDaniels himself that the Broncos did in fact try and package a deal to trade up for Sam Bradford, when that didn't happen they knew they were going to indeed trade down. There has been a few mentions of us trying to trade up for Sam Bradford mentioned in the Denver Post, I am sure you can search their archives and find it, not sure if ESPN has archives you can search. It was the Fox Sports Radio I believe who first confirmed with two internal sources that said Bowlen when he said to the press that the Broncos were going to look to draft a quarterback was saying as much because he wanted Bradford and that they confirmed with management that the Broncos did try and trade up for Bradford but were shot down rather quickly.

I am sure you can look online and find reference sources and articles that mention it.

Northman
09-09-2011, 11:25 PM
When I first heard that it was on a sport's show on Sirius Radio, I really didn't put much stock in it at the time, but they said that McDaniels had contacted the Rams about a trade during the draft. Because we hadn't met with Bradford before the draft I figured it was to move around with a different pick. About a month later Yahoo Sports had an article on Tebow, it mentioned all the quarterbacks the Broncos looked at, because as you know they met with McCoy as well, but they said that they confirmed with someone inside the Broncos' Organization, that the Broncos did indeed try and trade up for the first overall pick, to get Sam Bradford. ESPN did an article about a week maybe two later and they confirmed with Josh McDaniels himself that the Broncos did in fact try and package a deal to trade up for Sam Bradford, when that didn't happen they knew they were going to indeed trade down. There has been a few mentions of us trying to trade up for Sam Bradford mentioned in the Denver Post, I am sure you can search their archives and find it, not sure if ESPN has archives you can search. It was the Fox Sports Radio I believe who first confirmed with two internal sources that said Bowlen when he said to the press that the Broncos were going to look to draft a quarterback was saying as much because he wanted Bradford and that they confirmed with management that the Broncos did try and trade up for Bradford but were shot down rather quickly.

I am sure you can look online and find reference sources and articles that mention it.

Thats the first ive ever heard of any of that. Hate to say i dont believe you but i dont. At least until i can see it in print. I knew they had looked at guys like McCoy and Tebow (in fact, the week leading up to the draft i heard they were absolutely in LOVE with Tebow). But i have never heard anything in regards to moving up for Bradford or that Bowlen wanted him.

Ravage!!!
09-09-2011, 11:32 PM
I have to admit, I read these boards all offseason long, and no-one posted ANYTHING that mentioned us having intentions or attempts to move up in the draft to get Bradford.

Northman
09-09-2011, 11:40 PM
I have to admit, I read these boards all offseason long, and no-one posted ANYTHING that mentioned us having intentions or attempts to move up in the draft to get Bradford.

Yea, i admit i dont hear or see every media snippet regarding this team but that truly is the first ive ever seen of that. Im looking now to try and see if i can find any articles on it but have found nothing but a lot of forums with fans talking about wanting Bradford, but nothing from the team. I just find it a bit surprising because we would have had to given a lot to move up to even get him.

Lancane
09-10-2011, 12:09 AM
Thats the first ive ever heard of any of that. Hate to say i dont believe you but i dont. At least until i can see it in print. I knew they had looked at guys like McCoy and Tebow (in fact, the week leading up to the draft i heard they were absolutely in LOVE with Tebow). But i have never heard anything in regards to moving up for Bradford or that Bowlen wanted him.

It was printed in the Denver Post, I'm sure you can scan their archives and find the article which mentions that. Whether or not you believe is no skin off my back, I know what I have heard and saw - I don't make up bullshit to appease people on a F'n messaging board. And just for information North, I usually take you as well as others at face value, I'm honest to a fault, actually I am brutally honest as some would say and I believe others remain for the most part honest till proven otherwise.

I did a quick search and all I found was this off a CBS Sports Blog:

As I reported a week ago and Cleveland Browns' general manager Tom Heckert publicly confirmed two days later, the St. Louis Rams are having internal discussions about trading out of the No. 1 pick.

With the several suitors already mentioned such as Cleveland, Washington, Seattle, Denver, it is possible that the Rams get the 3,000 "points" as required in the draft pick trade chart every team and media member refers to in these situations.

I am sure you can search the Denver Posts archives and find it. The story was about quarterbacks, not simply about McDaniels trying to trade for Bradford.

Northman
09-10-2011, 12:16 AM
It was printed in the Denver Post, I'm sure you can scan their archives and find the article which mentions that.

Actually i went and looked quite a bit and found nothing from what you stated. Doesnt mean it didnt happen i just find it hard to believe since like Rav stated i pay attention to this forum a lot and even the radio shows, media, etc and have never heard that at all.

Whether or not you believe is no skin off my back, I know what I have heard and saw - I don't make up bullshit to appease people on a F'n messaging board. And just for information North, I usually take you as well as others at face value, I'm honest to a fault, actually I am brutally honest as some would say and I believe others remain for the most part honest till proven otherwise.

Settle down chappy, im not pissed or trying to be an ass. It was an honest question because ive never heard of that and was curious. Currently, i dont believe you on this particular issue because ive just never seen anything remotely on the subject. Again, doesnt mean it didnt happen but i did some searching and came up with nothing.

I am sure you can search the Denver Posts archives and find it. The story was about quarterbacks, not simply about McDaniels trying to trade for Bradford.

Didnt find anything mate, maybe you would have better luck than me.

Lancane
09-10-2011, 12:32 AM
Actually i went and looked quite a bit and found nothing from what you stated. Doesnt mean it didnt happen i just find it hard to believe since like Rav stated i pay attention to this forum a lot and even the radio shows, media, etc and have never heard that at all.

I did a quick search and it came up with hundreds of pages, the only one of the first ten that mentioned it was the CBS Sports Writer Blog and another in which a journalist in St. Louis was talking about how McDaniels was yet to have contact with Bradford, that he probably found a quarterback on Youtube and was trying to get management to trade Bradford like he did with Cutler in Denver. So McDaniels isn't the most popular man in St. Louis either it sounds.

Settle down chappy, im not pissed or trying to be an ass. It was an honest question because ive never heard of that and was curious. Currently, i dont believe you on this particular issue because ive just never seen anything remotely on the subject. Again, doesnt mean it didnt happen but i did some searching and came up with nothing.

No, what I am trying to relay to you is that I hate liars or people who make up shit in order to benefit in some form from untruths. If you tell me something or Rav, Clay, Dog and so on, I believe it because I don't think you're the sort to resort to lying. As for me I am the same, I am brutally honest to a fault, if my wife asks me if her ass has gotten big, well then I tell her the truth - no matter the consequences.

Didnt find anything mate, maybe you would have better luck than me.
I'll keep searching I remember the column was about Tebow or about the quarterbacks on the team, it was in the first paragraph and I think it was written by Woody Paige.

Northman
09-10-2011, 12:39 AM
No, what I am trying to relay to you is that I hate liars or people who make up shit in order to benefit in some form from untruths. If you tell me something or Rav, Clay, Dog and so on, I believe it because I don't think you're the sort to resort to lying. As for me I am the same, I am brutally honest to a fault, if my wife asks me if her ass has gotten big, well then I tell her the truth - no matter the consequences.

I agree totally, your an awesome poster so i was just a little taken back by your comment. But yea, if you can find something than awesome. Maybe Carol can also because she is usually good at finding articles on such things. I just found it strange that i didnt at least hear something about that at some point.