PDA

View Full Version : Broncos got the last laugh.

Magnificent Seven
12-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Hey Broncos Fans!

Let us celebrate! Broncos got the last laugh over Brett Favre!!!! Do you remember Packers vs. Broncos game on Monday Night Football from in season '07? We lost to the Packers in over time. Brett Favre thought he got the last laugh. Now, Broncos beat Brett Favre from last Sunday. Therefore, we got the last laugh!

I am not sure if Brett Favre returns for season '09.

SALUTE!!!!

broncogirl7
12-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Just listened to an interview with Brett over their loss to the Broncos and I would be surprised if he hangs around another season. He sounded just like he did when he fake retired last time.

MOtorboat
12-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Just listened to an interview with Brett over their loss to the Broncos and I would be surprised if he hangs around another season. He sounded just like he did when he fake retired last time.

Really?

Interesting.

Superchop 7
12-03-2008, 11:33 PM
I'll tell you this.

They stood tall in my eyes.

Devilspawn
12-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Unless you guys meet in the playoffs...

weazel
12-04-2008, 01:28 AM
Unless you guys meet in the playoffs...

true.

who are the Raiders playing in the playoffs?

fcspikeit
12-04-2008, 06:06 AM
Hey Broncos Fans!

Let us celebrate! Broncos got the last laugh over Brett Favre!!!! Do you remember Packers vs. Broncos game on Monday Night Football from in season '07? We lost to the Packers in over time. Brett Favre thought he got the last laugh. Now, Broncos beat Brett Favre from last Sunday. Therefore, we got the last laugh!

SALUTE!!!!

This feels like a Jinx to me. Him exploding on our D and knocking us out of the playoffs would be the last laugh.

I have nothing against Favre, The guy is a class act all the way. He says what he means and don't have a problem saying he was outplayed or taking responsibility for his short comings. I take no extra pleasure in our success coming at Favres expense.

baring something terrible happening, I believe he will be back for at least another year.

fcspikeit
12-04-2008, 06:09 AM
true.

The same team we played the last 2 years.. :D

broncophan
12-04-2008, 07:05 AM
I think we got the only "laugh" that REALLY matters......when we beat him and his Packers in the Super Bowl...:salute:

Dreadnought
12-04-2008, 07:19 AM
I think we got the only "laugh" that REALLY matters......when we beat him and his Packers in the Super Bowl...:salute:

True, but that '07 loss stuck in my craw too. It still amazes me that we could do such a solid job on Favre (albeit in the rain) and make JaMarcus Russell, Damon Huard, etc. look like all-time greats.

MasterShake
12-04-2008, 08:46 AM
True, but that '07 loss stuck in my craw too. It still amazes me that we could do such a solid job on Favre (albeit in the rain) and make JaMarcus Russell, Damon Huard, etc. look like all-time greats.

The rain was a factor, but that just made Jay's performance all the more impressive. He should always play in crappy weather.

Dreadnought
12-04-2008, 09:00 AM
The rain was a factor, but that just made Jay's performance all the more impressive. He should always play in crappy weather.

True, and it didn't help the Jet's pass defense even a little bit.

Bronco Bible
12-04-2008, 09:50 AM
This feels like a Jinx to me. Him exploding on our D and knocking us out of the playoffs would be the last laugh.

I have nothing against Favre, The guy is a class act all the way. He says what he means and don't have a problem saying he was outplayed or taking responsibility for his short comings. I take no extra pleasure in our success coming at Favres expense.

baring something terrible happening, I believe he will be back for at least another year.

:rofl:Like I think Im going to retire.

Thnikkaman
12-04-2008, 09:55 AM

Especially when he is sharing Packers secrets with division rivals.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what everyone sees in this guy. Yes, the Packers consistantly made the playoffs with him taking snaps, but the Pack was also in a division with the Bears, Lions, and Vikings who collectively have been terrible during the Favre era. Maybe I have rose colored glasses on, but I just don't see it.

claymore
12-04-2008, 09:57 AM

I'm sorry, but I don't know what everyone sees in this guy. Yes, the Packers consistantly made the playoffs with him taking snaps, but the Pack was also in a division with the Bears, Lions, and Vikings who collectively have been terrible during the Favre era. Maybe I have rose colored glasses on, but I just don't see it.

I think he is a douche bag to. I have no love for the guy.

BroncoWave
12-04-2008, 11:08 AM

I love how people will believe anything ESPN tells them. :lol:

Thnikkaman
12-04-2008, 11:16 AM
I love how people will believe anything ESPN tells them. :lol:

Like how Bret Favre is a Hall of Fame QB.

That story was written by an SI writer, and I heard about it on the Dan Patrick show.

Bronco Bible
12-04-2008, 12:40 PM
One thing ESPN fails to mention is the INTERCEPTION record.:rolleyes:by the way Chris Berman is this seasons John Madden

NightTrainLayne
12-04-2008, 12:42 PM
One thing ESPN fails to mention is the INTERCEPTION record.:rolleyes:

And Fumbles Lost! I will beat that drum until the day I die. In addition to the interceptions Favre has lost an unbelievable amount of fumbles. Many in critical stages of critical games. His overall turnover ratio is just horrendous.

fcspikeit
12-04-2008, 02:32 PM
:rofl:Like I think Im going to retire.

He meant to retire at that time. Then he meant to come back, so he did, what's the big deal?

Even at his age, The guy is still one of the best QB's playing today. The Jets are a better team with him then without.

The reason I like him is because he isn't arrogant or cocky in any way. even when they made him the captain, he said he hasn't earned it yet. A guy like Marino would not have said that.

Like him or not, the NFL is a little more exciting with Favre in it, with all the crap surrounding the NFL because of guys like Burris, and all the other thugs. Guys like Favre are good for our sport.

Thnikkaman
12-04-2008, 02:45 PM
He meant to retire at that time. Then he meant to come back, so he did, what's the big deal?

Even at his age, The guy is still one of the best QB's playing today. The Jets are a better team with him then without.

The reason I like him is because he isn't arrogant or cocky in any way. even when they made him the captain, he said he hasn't earned it yet. A guy like Marino would not have said that.

Like him or not, the NFL is a little more exciting with Favre in it, with all the crap surrounding the NFL because of guys like Burris, and all the other thugs. Guys like Favre our good for our sport.

You are entitled to your opinion. I wouldn't mind the guy so much if every single sportscaster that calls a game or does analasys of the guy treat him like his seed is the life giving fountain of youth. There have been way greater quarterbacks that have recieved far less attention than him. In fact, I would even argue that Plummer was a better QB than the almighty Favre.

The excitement he provides is the same ecitement you get when you are watching a stalled school bus full of orphans stuck on the rail road tracks while a train with failed breaks is barreling down on it. Will the bus start and save the orphans, or is this just going to be another 4 turnover outing where the "ultimate gunslinger" was having another one of his off games. The only thing of note that he ever did was his concecutive game streak, and I honestly believe that streak hurt the Packers more than it helped him pad his stats. Favre is a quarterback that is good enough when you have the supporting cast that will pick up for his mistakes.

P.S. I cringe every time they compare Cutler to Favre.

fcspikeit
12-04-2008, 03:30 PM
You are entitled to your opinion. I wouldn't mind the guy so much if every single sportscaster that calls a game or does analasys of the guy treat him like his seed is the life giving fountain of youth. There have been way greater quarterbacks that have recieved far less attention than him. In fact, I would even argue that Plummer was a better QB than the almighty Favre.

The excitement he provides is the same ecitement you get when you are watching a stalled school bus full of orphans stuck on the rail road tracks while a train with failed breaks is barreling down on it. Will the bus start and save the orphans, or is this just going to be another 4 turnover outing where the "ultimate gunslinger" was having another one of his off games. The only thing of note that he ever did was his concecutive game streak, and I honestly believe that streak hurt the Packers more than it helped him pad his stats. Favre is a quarterback that is good enough when you have the supporting cast that will pick up for his mistakes.

P.S. I cringe every time they compare Cutler to Favre.

He has done a hell of a lot more then that...

I was pissed when he passed Elway for most career wins. no matter what anyone says about Elway, the guy was a winner. He had the record to prove it. Beings Favre now owns that record, I don't see how I could see him any different then that.

Like him or not, he is a winner. He does make dumb mistakes, but more games are won because of him then lost. No other QB can say they have won more then him. Regardless of the reason, it is what it is... :beer:

Thnikkaman
12-04-2008, 03:53 PM
He has done a hell of a lot more then that...

I was pissed when he passed Elway for most career wins. no matter what anyone says about Elway, the guy was a winner. He had the record to prove it. Beings Favre now owns that record, I don't see how I could see him any different then that.

Like him or not, he is a winner. He does make dumb mistakes, but more games are won because of him then lost. No other QB can say they have won more then him. Regardless of the reason, it is what it is... :beer:

I will just be happy when I don't have to hear about him playing anymore. I don't care if he gets a booth job or just fades away when he is done. I am just so tired of the verbal fellating of a QB that doesn't deserve it. Montana deserved it. Steve Young deserved it. Aikman deserved it. Until this year, I thought Brady deserved it. Favre doesn't.

fcspikeit
12-04-2008, 04:17 PM
I will just be happy when I don't have to hear about him playing anymore. I don't care if he gets a booth job or just fades away when he is done. I am just so tired of the verbal fellating of a QB that doesn't deserve it. Montana deserved it. Steve Young deserved it. Aikman deserved it. Until this year, I thought Brady deserved it. Favre doesn't.

I am tired of all the ass kissing a lot of these QB's today get.

I think Favre deserves it every bit as much as any of those guys you mentioned. None of those guys have done what Favre has, In fact no one that has played the position has.

I hate when they put guys playing today on the same level as those who played at a high level for 10+ years. For me its about respect. There are many flashes in the pan, but how many can do it year after year after year?

I am not a fan of Montana, he was smart and a good leader but that's about it. He played on a great team. But I still respect him for being able to take advantage of the opportunity he had. Many can't even do that.

I laugh when he is even considered as the greatest of all time. Even Trent Dilfer can win when he has the best team. Yet neither couldn't hold their job.

Devilspawn
12-04-2008, 05:06 PM
true.

True. I did give you too much credit for going past the first round. My bad.

fcspikeit
12-04-2008, 05:15 PM
True. I did give you too much credit for going past the first round. My bad.

The Jets haven't won their division yet, we could end up playing them in the first round.

We haven't won our division yet either, but if we don't, we won't have to worry about playing anyone in the playoffs :D

Devilspawn
12-04-2008, 05:19 PM
The Jets haven't won their division yet, we could end up playing them in the first round.

We haven't won our division yet either, but if we don't, we won't have to worry about playing anyone in the playoffs :D
Do you REALLY think San Diego has a chance? You'll have a better chance finding a 90 year old lovechild name Shaniqua Antonja Hitler. Not gonna happen. Even if Denver loses out, San Diego doesn't win out. Not in Tampa. I don't even think in KC and tonight's no slam dunk either.

Medford Bronco
12-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Do you REALLY think San Diego has a chance? You'll have a better chance finding a 90 year old lovechild name Shaniqua Antonja Hitler. Not gonna happen. Even if Denver loses out, San Diego doesn't win out. Not in Tampa. I don't even think in KC and tonight's no slam dunk either.

can we see a picture of that:lol:

fcspikeit
12-04-2008, 06:07 PM

No I don't really think they have a chance...

I was pointing out the Jets hadn't won their division yet, and technically we haven't either, but the only way we could meet the Jets in the first round is if they didn't win their division...

I also know some people around here are superstitious. :D

Hobe
12-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Hey Broncos Fans!

SALUTE!!!!

Farve may play until he's 85, so who know when and where the last laugh will be laughed!

:whoknows:

Thnikkaman
12-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Farve may play until he's 85, so who know when and where the last laugh will be laughed!

:whoknows:

I bet he retires a Raider.

Simple Jaded
12-04-2008, 11:26 PM
I see Broncos fans are still bent because Favre broke Elway's records.......

Bronco Bible
12-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Maybe that does have something to do with how I feel about Lord Favre,
but it more has to do with being a drama queen or laying down so Strahan could get the sack record and again gettig his name in the record book,not that it matters that he was the person sacked but just so he could go out buy the book and his name would be next to Strahans,I am not taking away Strahans ability but that record is bogus JMO and that is just the tip of the dislike Favre iceberg.:tsk:

Bronco Bible
12-05-2008, 12:21 PM
I bet he retires a Raider.

That would be a fitting end to his career