PDA

View Full Version : Broncos official practice squad

DenBronx
09-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Weber is the first to land on the Broncos practice squad.

It’s been a quiet Sunday morning in Dove Valley. News of teams making waiver claims have been flying left and right, but tidbits out of Denver have been nonexistent.

We do have one piece of news to report. Quarterback Adam Weber, who made the most of his two minutes of NFL preseason game time, has been signed to the Broncos‘ practice squad, according to his agent on Twitter.

http://broncotalk.net/2011/09/23769/broncos-news/quarterback-adam-weber-lands-on-broncos-practice-squad/

SpringsBroncoFan
09-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Yes, it certainly is quiet... What is it 19 teams that have announced practice squads...

Carolina has claims posted but still quiet on the Broncos front...

Is Elways' twitter broken??? :lol:

DenBronx
09-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Yes, it certainly is quiet... What is it 19 teams that have announced practice squads...

Carolina has claims posted but still quiet on the Broncos front...

Is Elways' twitter broken??? :lol:

I think they were hoping for a hidden gem to get cut and it never happened. They put all of their money on red and it hit black. Now EFX has quietly escaped into the mountains to find Jake Plummer to take up handball and grow beards.

They have all cancelled their twitter accounts.

underrated29
09-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Everette brown is a pretty good gem

Northman
09-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Everette brown is a pretty good gem

Is he? I know he was expected to do a lot coming out of college but did he do anything meaningful so far in his career?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Rookie quarterback Adam Weber will remain with the Broncos after having cleared waivers Sunday after his Saturday release. Several personnel executives in the league said Sunday afternoon Weber had signed to the Broncos’ practice squad.

rest of article - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/09/04/adam-weber-will-be-one-of-the-broncos-eight-man-practice-squad/9274/

G_Money
09-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Is he? I know he was expected to do a lot coming out of college but did he do anything meaningful so far in his career?

He played for John Fox already - if anyone would know whether he would be useful in our D, it would be our head coach. He might just not fit with what Rivera wants from his D.

But when you get cut from the worst team in the league -and that has DL issues - it doesn't speak well of you.

~G

DenBronx
09-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Jeremy Beal joins Broncos' practice squad.

G_Money
09-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Good deal - I expected us to try to get him back for that. He wasn't ready for the 53-man, but he might have potential.

~G

HORSEPOWER 56
09-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Happy about Weber. Now if Riley can make it, all will be right with the broncosforums message board...

DenBronx
09-04-2011, 04:11 PM
I wonder if DE Aaron Maybin is eligible for the practice squad? The Jets cut him today. But if no one gives him a shot it might be worth it.

DenBronx
09-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Happy about Weber. Now if Riley can make it, all will be right with the broncosforums message board...

Riley would be great and if we have any injuries in the year he could come right in. He's the one guy I see the most potential in out of all the guys we waived/cut.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Riley would be great and if we have any injuries in the year he could come right in. He's the one guy I see the most potential in out of all the guys we waived/cut.

I like Riley, too. I just said that in light of some heated discussions about him after he was waived. :D

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Can confirm broncos have signed DB jonathan wilhite, former patriot.
38 seconds ago
Lindsay Jones

Everyone needs to relax. Broncos are making moves and working waiver wire. A full list of moves will be out soon.
20 minutes ago
Lindsay Jones

PostBroncos Lindsay Jones
Blog: Jeremy Beal on Broncos’ practice squad dpo.st/pI2tSx #broncos
24 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/postbroncos

Tned
09-04-2011, 05:05 PM

RT @Denver_Broncos: Broncos PS additions: DE J.Beal, WR D.Goodwin, T A.Grant, RB J.Johnson, S K.McCarthy, WR E.Riley, FB A.Sylvester, QB A.Weber.

silkamilkamonico
09-04-2011, 05:09 PM
awesome, jjohnson and riley both went through. i think tbey are both potenitally intriguing fuure players.

LTC Pain
09-04-2011, 05:11 PM

Now we need OL depth from the waiver wire and we are more or less set. A RB and DT would be helpful.

chazoe60
09-04-2011, 05:13 PM
I'm glad McCarthey was brought back.

G_Money
09-04-2011, 05:16 PM
That seems about right. I figured Beal, Johnson, Sylvester and Weber would be on it. Riley I thought might get picked up by another team, so getting him back is good as well. He may not last the year on the PS but I'm glad to have him.

I'm curious to see the cuts we add to the 53 man, but the PS is about what I figured it'd be, with the glad addition of Riley.

~G

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Question - do the players on the ps remain there all season, or can they be moved to the regular squad?

Tned
09-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Question - do the players on the ps remain there all season, or can they be moved to the regular squad?

They can be signed to the main squad, or signed away by another team.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2011, 05:22 PM
They can be signed to the main squad, or signed away by another team.

So another team can say I want whoever, and the Broncos can not stop it?

chazoe60
09-04-2011, 05:24 PM
So another team can say I want whoever, and the Broncos can not stop it?

I believe they can sign them to their 53 man roster. A right of first refusal, but then they have to cut someone from the 53.

G_Money
09-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Right - when someone gets claimed off the PS, the Broncos can claim him first by cutting someone else and putting the PS player on the 53 man.

Otherwise, the guy is gone.

~G

MileHighCrew
09-04-2011, 05:31 PM
glad JJ make the PS, I was hoping he made the team

DenBronx
09-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Right - when someone gets claimed off the PS, the Broncos can claim him first by cutting someone else and putting the PS player on the 53 man.

~G

correct.

Hauschka I think would have made it but Seattle claimed him. If you cant beat em then have em join you?:D

HORSEPOWER 56
09-04-2011, 05:34 PM
correct.

Hauschka I think would have made it but Seattle claimed him. If you cant beat em then have em join you?:D

I figured someone would claim Hauschka. He wasn't great, but he was solid and teams like Seattle and Dallas are dying for a Kicker.

pnbronco
09-04-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
RT @Denver_Broncos: Broncos PS additions: DE J.Beal, WR D.Goodwin, T A.Grant, RB J.Johnson, S K.McCarthy, WR E.Riley, FB A.Sylvester, QB A.Weber.

So happy to hear/read this list. Got attached to everyone on it but Beal and Grant at camp, so this makes me really happy..............:D

Plus I don't know all of J. Johnson's story but from what I've heard he is a kid I'm pulling for in a big way. Grew up in total gang country and his Mom did everything in her power to keep him out of one. So Mommy Johnson this is for you......:salute:

pnbronco
09-04-2011, 05:54 PM

~G

I never knew that.....thanks Chaz and G. So does that rarely happen???

HORSEPOWER 56
09-04-2011, 06:00 PM
I never knew that.....thanks Chaz and G. So does that rarely happen???

Yes because when you pillage a guy off of someone else's practice squad, you have to sign him to your own active 53 man roster right away. Rarely, except in cases of injury (bad IR type where a guy isn't coming back), in which you don't already have a practice squad replacement do you see teams raid other teams' practice squads.

PAINTERDAVE
09-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Love the list....

Dzone
09-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Good thing we were able to keep McCarthy.

jhildebrand
09-04-2011, 07:01 PM
I couldn't be happier right now with Fox and company when it comes to the cutdowns and roster. In years past, I would always be disappointed with some of the cuts. I think this went perfectly!

Now if Monday night could get here a little quicker.

Dzone
09-04-2011, 07:09 PM
QB Tom Brandstater cut by Dallas

Dzone
09-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Mcbath was a second round pick. Disgusting.

DenBronx
09-04-2011, 07:27 PM
QB Tom Brandstater cut by Dallas

That's 3 or 4 teams now, the guy will never be a starter. Weber has more of a chance at this point.

silkamilkamonico
09-04-2011, 07:29 PM
weber is terrible. i had to suffer through the worst 4 year period of minnesota football with that guy as their starter...and that is saying something.

Nick
09-05-2011, 11:37 PM
weber is terrible. i had to suffer through the worst 4 year period of minnesota football with that guy as their starter...and that is saying something.

I like him... No offense if you like minnesota but that team all the way around is disgusting. They had coaching moves and different systems every year.

I think he will be just great in a pro offense from seeing him.

He looked like he was throwing to people as if they though it was back yard football.

dogfish
09-06-2011, 12:10 AM
official, bitches!

silkamilkamonico
09-06-2011, 12:11 AM
I like him... No offense if you like minnesota but that team all the way around is disgusting. They had coaching moves and different systems every year.

I think he will be just great in a pro offense from seeing him.

He looked like he was throwing to people as if they though it was back yard football.

He will be great in the arena league or the CFL. He isn't, and never will be an NFL starting QB, or backup.