PDA

View Full Version : Broncos vs Raiders

DenBronx
09-04-2011, 12:20 AM
Preseason is over. We are now about a week away from getting revenge.

59-14, aint that a bitch?

Things I want to see in this game are,

1. STOPPING THE DAMN RUN!!! I dont care how we do it, it must get done.
I would be fine with Von Miller snapping twig leg McFadden. The raiders will struggle in the air. It won't be like last year when Campbell had all day to throw it. Insert VONDOOM and you get pressure all day. With the new added pressure, Oakland will constantly try and run it and that will make them one demensional.

2. Orton needs to show heart. I dont care if we're down by 14 in the 4th. He needs to grow a sack and show he wants to win more than anything. That will win the fans back faster than anything. As our starting QB I'm pulling for him. If he doesn't contribute in this game then let him be auctioned off to the highest bidder before the trade deadline. He needs to find a way to score in the redzone, dont pull a dumbass audible out of your ass when it's 1st and goal from the 1 yard line.

3. I dont give a shit what the final score is. It could be 3-2 and long as it says Denver wins.

What do you predict the final score will be and who are you hoping steps up this game the most?

SR
09-04-2011, 12:32 AM
I don't really care who does what or what the final score is as long as the "W" goes to Denver.

Davii
09-04-2011, 12:49 AM
I don't really care who does what or what the final score is as long as the "W" goes to Denver.

+1!

CrazyHorse
09-04-2011, 05:46 AM
I want revenge. 45-3 sounds nice.

TXBRONC
09-04-2011, 08:11 AM
I think most fans will agree it doesn't matter how much we win by just as long as we win. If Denver wins in a blowout well that's just icing on the cake.

MasterShake
09-04-2011, 08:33 AM
A win is a win, but a win by two or more touchdowns will make me feel a little better...

threefolddead
09-04-2011, 09:46 AM
I want a win and a big one. No offense to those who just want a W but this is the Oakland F--kin Raiders! I have hated this team since I can remember and nothing makes me happier than seeing them utterly destroyed. So for the love of god let the Broncos imbaress them on National TV and make the pundints rippin the Broncos eat some crow! RAIDERS SUCK

Locnar
09-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Opening day is always around my birthday so a nice blowout win with no gunshots in the parking lot would be nice birthday present. Anything less will feel like a kick in the nuts.

underrated29
09-04-2011, 10:09 AM
We romp them....34-20

SR
09-04-2011, 11:39 AM
I want a win and a big one. No offense to those who just want a W but this is the Oakland F--kin Raiders! I have hated this team since I can remember and nothing makes me happier than seeing them utterly destroyed. So for the love of god let the Broncos imbaress them on National TV and make the pundints rippin the Broncos eat some crow! RAIDERS SUCK

Baby steps. Either way you look at it, the Raiders were a better team than the Broncos last year. The Broncos are a young team and opening the season on national tv adds pressure. Raiders or no Raiders, if we win by a point, so long as WE win, I'm a happy camper.

SR
09-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Opening day is always around my birthday so a nice blowout win with no gunshots in the parking lot would be nice birthday present. Anything less will feel like a kick in the nuts.

Ditto...my birthday is 9/11 so if we win it'll be a fantastic gift.

atwater27
09-04-2011, 11:47 AM
The 1st thing we should do is go right at their starting corner and just hammer the shit out of them repeatedly with Lloyd; remind them very quickly what dumbasses they were to get rid of Alphabet or whatever the hell his name was. Then soundly beat them and remind them that Tom Cable was indeed the only reason they didn't have a losing season last year.

broken12
09-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Got two tix to game need to get rid of pm me for info south stands sec 232 row 12 just askn face value 77 a piece

DenBronx
09-04-2011, 02:19 PM
The 1st thing we should do is go right at their starting corner and just hammer the shit out of them repeatedly with Lloyd; remind them very quickly what dumbasses they were to get rid of Alphabet or whatever the hell his name was. Then soundly beat them and remind them that Tom Cable was indeed the only reason they didn't have a losing season last year.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. With no more Asomugha then I would throw it all over the place. Fox ball is to ground and pound but we did keep McCoy to keep the offense in place. I can already see Fox mixing in his style though.

I think McGahee will get at least two TDs this game.

Ive talked with a few hard core raider fans and they are nervous of their defense and I have to agree it looks bad. Their 1st team D got ran on like crazy in preseason.

Getting the W is the most important thing but like TX said, getting a blowout is the icing on the cake.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-04-2011, 02:40 PM
If we win, it will get me fired up for the rest of the season. If we lose, I'll jump onboard the suck for Luck bandwagon so fast it'll make your head spin...

:D;)

PAINTERDAVE
09-04-2011, 02:49 PM
This game will tell us a ton about the 2011 team.
I have no idea what to expect.

last year.... we were brimming with Confidence...
then Kyle threw his pick 6... and promptly threw in the towel.

Seriously.... I honestly have no clue which way this game will go.

I really hope and pray we beat the horde.. :defense:

Magnificent Seven
09-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Loud fans can help Broncos to win the game.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Loud fans can help Broncos to win the game.

So can talented players...

Unfortunately, those are few and far between in Denver... :listen:

skins_fan82
09-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Jason Campbell sucks. Trust me, he was our starter for the Skins for several years before being traded to Oakland.

My prediction:

Kyle Orton plays okay, but doesn't make any mistakes. Moreno/mcgahee go OFF. Von Miller has 3 sacks.

The Raiders ground gsme tears it up, but Jason Campbell has a crucial interception and can't capitalize on long drives.

Broncos win, 20-13.

Just moved to Denver in May, and Monday night's season opener will be my first ever mile high experience. I can imagine the atmosphere is going to be ELECTRIC. soooooo stoked!!

EastCoastBronco
09-05-2011, 10:15 AM
My checklist for this game goes like this:
-Hold McFadden to under 100 yards.
-Sack Jason "Lionel Ritchie" Campbell's arse 5-6 times.
-SCORE TOUCHDOWNS when we get to the red zone.
-Give the ball to McGahee when we get inside the 5 (this will help with the previous item on the list).
-**See Kyle Orton grow a pair and LEAD this team.

Like Greasy Al says...Just win, baby.

BORDERLINE
09-05-2011, 10:27 AM
The truth is the Raiders are more solid than we are at the moment. They did lose their start CB and TE plus their head coach, so that gives a little confidence going into this game. BUT, they still have McFadden. Our ground game needs to immidieately start picking up nice gains and set the tempo. That will free up Orton to deliver strikes to Lloyd and Royal. Without (Asoumaghauaua) the screen game could work a little better since he was a great open field tackler. My best guess and biased as always will be Denver 27 - Oakland 24

Dzone
09-06-2011, 09:31 AM
The perfect scenario to open the Fox era is with a win at home against Oakland in the opener on national TV on Monday night. Perfect!
It's going to happen. Bet on it.

Thnikkaman
09-06-2011, 09:33 AM

Now Atwater, I've been reminded many times by someone who claims to be a superior football mind that Alphabet wanted to stay, but the Raiders couldn't afford him.

BroncoJoe
09-06-2011, 09:51 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/705601/Raiders_Cartoon.jpg

Thnikkaman
09-06-2011, 10:02 AM

I can't wait to see Batman and Robin do their thing,

BigSarge87
09-06-2011, 10:04 AM
B-E-A-Utiful.

BroncoNut
09-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Can't wait.

BroncoNut
09-06-2011, 11:22 AM

doom and Miller look like a couple of homos in this caricature. Way to post Joe :2thumbs:

underrated29
09-06-2011, 12:17 PM
We start 3-0

Nick
09-06-2011, 12:33 PM
If we lose at home to raiders it will be a very long year.

The most important thing I would like to see is our D to step up get pressure, stop the run, get turnovers and most importantly stay healthy.

BroncoJoe
09-06-2011, 12:44 PM
doom and Miller look like a couple of homos in this caricature. Way to post Joe :2thumbs:

I'm curious why you'd think that, nut. Do you have something you need to get off your chest? We're all here for you, brother.

Broncofanslna
09-06-2011, 12:53 PM
All I want is to beat the Raiders. I have always hated them, I will Always hate them, my kids hate them, my wife hates them!!!! If we lose all other games, as long as we beat the Gayders twice that is good. And take out Hugh "Michael " Jackson in the process, THAT would be awsome!!!!

BroncoNut
09-06-2011, 12:59 PM
I don't know but I hope that the broncos win and the raiders don't

Go Broncos!! YAY!!!!!!!!

BroncoNut
09-06-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm curious why you'd think that, nut. Do you have something you need to get off your chest? We're all here for you, brother.

Well, I don't know, it's just a disturbing cartoon. like them walking off into the sunset as lovers. I don' tknow why I thought that. It was silly and pretty stupid. . Forget I even brought it up. Looks like Miller pooped in his football pants though.

well, fun time/trolling is over for a while. I have a lot to do this week. better get at it

Mike
09-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Smack Talking forum is that way ---->

Thread is temp locked until idiot troll finds his way there.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Smack Talking forum is that way ---->

Thread is temp locked until idiot troll finds his way there.

Best post in this thread - thanks Mike:salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2011, 03:08 PM
PostBroncos Lindsay Jones
Bunkley (knee), D. Thomas (Achilles), Q. Carter (hamstring), Kuper (toe), Willis (toe) all listed as full participants in practice.
17 minutes ago

Yes RT @RonGreco: so does that mean every week there will be a new captain for the game picked by Fox?
18 minutes ago

Broncos 2011 captains, voted on by team: Orton, Kuper, Bailey, Dawkins, Woodyard. Wk 1 coaches choice - Dumervil.
39 minutes ago

Yes. They are encouraging fans to wear orange. RT @michael_bowen: are the Broncos promoting raiders game as Orange Monday?
1 hour ago

http://twitter.com/#!/postbroncos

Chronic
09-08-2011, 03:14 PM

You guys already tried that and it didnt work

Nnamdi Asomugha didnt play in that 59-14 beatdown last year

Routt & Johnson were the two corners that shut the Broncos WR's off like a lightswitch

Royal - 27 yards
Lloyd - 47 yards

If theres one team that the Raiders can dominate without Asomugha its the Broncos

The same Raiders defense that beat the Broncos eyes shut last year is the EXACT same defense the Broncos will face monday night, no missing players

Sorry to inform you of this

BroncoNut
09-08-2011, 03:30 PM

Routt & Johnson were the two corners that shut the Broncos WR's off like a lightswitch

Royal - 27 yards
Lloyd - 47 yards

If theres one team that the Raiders can dominate without Asomugha its the Broncos

The same Raiders defense that beat the Broncos eyes shut last year is the EXACT same defense the Broncos will face monday night, no missing players

Well, at least you are being open with us. thanks... :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2011, 03:32 PM

Royal - 27 yards
Lloyd - 47 yards

And the same defense the Raiders faced last year is NOT the EXACT same defense the Raiders will face Monday night.

Sorry to inform you of this.

chris_rabz
09-08-2011, 07:06 PM
This game means more to me than any other that isn't a playoff game. Some may hate KC more, some may feel more animosity towards SD in recent years. But for me its personal, family reasons. My dad is a Raider and has been since around 1986, and tried to make me one when I got into the game about a decade after.

He failed and to his horror I chose Denver, a year before they went on to dominate the league two years straight. THAT loss last year hurt badly and I still get mocked for it now, never mind the formidable record we had against them prior to the last couple of seasons.

We need to start reminding teams of what to expect when you come to Mile High. A few years ago SD handed us our biggest ever loss in Denver, and last year the Raiders rocked up to give us something even worse. This cannot continue, it must end.

We might not be ready to take the league by storm yet, we might not be ready to win the division, but we have to be ready to beat these. That scoreline of 59-14 should be all the motivation every Bronco needs to inspire us, never mind the Monday Night lights and the national TV audience.

We know what needs to be done. Do it.

NightTerror218
09-08-2011, 07:26 PM
I am guess the score is going to be 30-16

Denver:
2 rushing TDs (how Fox rolls)
1 passing TDs
3 FGs (that is how Orton rolls)

Oakland:
1 rushing TD (McFadden TD)
3 FGs (because we will be ran all over us 120 yrs on ground)
Campbell about 100 passing yards with 2 ints (bad passes by forcing ball out under Von Doom pressure)

DenBronx
09-08-2011, 07:53 PM
I go to work and come back and 90% of the thread is deleted. :laugh:

Guess the troll left too?

Chronic
09-08-2011, 08:36 PM
I am guess the score is going to be 30-16

Denver:
2 rushing TDs (how Fox rolls)
1 passing TDs
3 FGs (that is how Orton rolls)

Oakland:
1 rushing TD (McFadden TD)
3 FGs (because we will be ran all over us 120 yrs on ground)
Campbell about 100 passing yards with 2 ints (bad passes by forcing ball out under Von Doom pressure)

LMAO

Your gonna hold Oakland to 1 TD eh?

The same team that rolled up in the fetus position and got drilled 100 points

You made a funny

bumstah
09-10-2011, 01:28 AM
I hate both teams but I am leaning with the donkeys on this one..

Not only do I want the Faiders to lose, but considering the fact that they have a new head coach, lost Nnamdi and Miller, on the outside it looks like Oakland will have a tough season this year...

Watching the broncos play the last few years has been very interesting, from their stellar streak in 09 to drafting Tebow...I was really hoping to see Tebow play this year but statistically Orton is a better, safe bet player at the moment...

Tebow has issues but something about his work ethic makes him a diamond in the rough..and I noticed he played his last few games last season with alot of heart..Not much "wow" moments but he can improve...

Getting back to the game, I don't think it will be a landslide but I truly feel the donkeys will win, 24-20...

I'm hoping Llyod will tear up the faider's secondary, I have him on my FF team :cool:

BroncoStud
09-10-2011, 03:24 AM
LMAO

Your gonna hold Oakland to 1 TD eh?

The same team that rolled up in the fetus position and got drilled 100 points

You made a funny

But, but, but Orton's BETTER this year! The news told me he was suddenly a good QB and we're going to kick their ass, they lost Miller! :laugh:

Oakland - 27
Denver - 13

I hate the Raiders but they are better than we are, and they are going to pound it right down our throat.

NorthernLights
09-10-2011, 08:17 AM
Good luck Monday Bronco fans. Put an immediate end to the Raiders AFC West winning streak. I'm pulling for you.

DenBronx
09-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Good luck Monday Bronco fans. Put an immediate end to the Raiders AFC West winning streak. I'm pulling for you.

Thanks....and I think the one thing we can agree on...

....RAIDERSS SUUUUUUUCCKKK!!!

skins_fan82
09-10-2011, 10:58 PM
Just hit the stadium store this morning. Wife and I are ready for an orange out! LOL.

BroncoTech
09-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Broncos 24
Raiders 17

They have a very porous O-line and we have a good pass rush, and this will be the difference in the game.

BORDERLINE
09-11-2011, 10:56 AM
just heard there replacement TE Boss is out. Last year Miller was a instrumental part of their passing game. Now even his replacement is out. There WR are in limbo. If we can stop McFadden and pressure Jason C. then we have a very very very good chance to take it.

Stopping McFadden is easier said then done.

DenBronx
09-12-2011, 01:02 PM
just heard there replacement TE Boss is out. Last year Miller was a instrumental part of their passing game. Now even his replacement is out. There WR are in limbo. If we can stop McFadden and pressure Jason C. then we have a very very very good chance to take it.

Stopping McFadden is easier said then done.

I just hope Orton shows up tonight and doesnt embarrass us fans. If he wants to solidify his job then it starts tonight.

Or...we will just hate him endlessly if he fails.

BORDERLINE
09-12-2011, 01:08 PM
I just hope Orton shows up tonight and doesnt embarrass us fans. If he wants to solidify his job then it starts tonight.

Or...we will just hate him endlessly if he fails.

with asomughahwhhaha gone he might be able to find more open receivers. I just want him to get those 3 yards when we need 2. And no more phantom sacks. I would rather him throw the ball away. I want Tebow to start but we have to rally around Orton I hope the crowd today does the same and we play with heart.

Jsteve01
09-12-2011, 01:53 PM
I hate to tell you guys this but Nnnnnnamdi didn't play in either game last year. One thing that's not been mentioned much is that our improved speed will help against the likes of McFadden and Ford.

Broncos 17, Raiders 10

RaiderJave
09-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Orton is still your starting quarterback.

Raiders 27
Bronco's 17

BigDaddyBronco
09-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Orton is still your starting quarterback.

Raiders 27
Bronco's 17

Al Davis is still your owner.

Broncos 24
Raiders 20

TXBRONC
09-12-2011, 06:41 PM

Broncos 24
Raiders 20

:lol:

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

RaiderJave
09-12-2011, 07:47 PM

Broncos 24
Raiders 20

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/Razzlam/milehighslaughter.jpg

Northman
09-12-2011, 07:51 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/Razzlam/milehighslaughter.jpg

Raiders commitment to excrement since 03',

38-91 record

RaiderJave
09-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Raiders commitment to excrement since 03',

38-91 record

I'm forgetting. When exactly was the last time you beat Oakland? Even JRuss rolled it up on you. OUCH

Northman
09-12-2011, 07:59 PM
I'm forgetting. When exactly was the last time you beat Oakland? Even JRuss rolled it up on you. OUCH

Oakland wasnt playing fair (shocker there), using a defensive tackle as their Qb. There are just some things that NFL teams shouldnt do.

RaiderJave
09-12-2011, 08:24 PM
Oakland wasnt playing fair (shocker there), using a defensive tackle as their Qb. There are just some things that NFL teams shouldnt do.

Ok, you have a point there:tsk:

hotcarl
09-12-2011, 10:44 PM
We are the worst team in the league (32)

BroncoNut
09-13-2011, 08:37 AM
We are the worst team in the league (32)

I too am hurt, but I think that might be a bit of an overreaction Carl.

Dzone
09-13-2011, 09:11 AM
Eddie Royal? Does he still play here?