PDA

View Full Version : The Tampa Bay Buccaneers the Quiet 9-3 Team

Medford Bronco
12-03-2008, 05:35 PM
The Quietest 9-3 team in Recent Memory

http://www.nfl.com.mx/imagerepository/barber_ronde3.jpg
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2008/08/17/amd_myers-garcia.jpg

The 2008 Tampa Bay Buccaneers are not a flashy team or a overly exciting team but, they do one important thing and that is win. They are very underrated and play a stifling defense and have a QB in Jeff Garcia that does not turn the ball over and has been very efficient, especially since he came back in for the injured Brian Griese in week 5. His stats are not overly impressive but 67% completion percentage, 8 TDs and only 3 picks, with 1902 yards passing. Warrick Dunn 640 yards rushing, subbing for the injured Ernest Graham and Cadillac Williams coming back from injury to be the short yardage back has steadied the running game for Tampa. Antonio Bryant 57 catches and 3 tds, along with Ike Hillard 36 catches and 4 tds round out an efficient offense that averages 23 PPG. Jeremey Stevens is a decent option at TE as well with his 25 catches and 2 tds.

But this team has always been built around their defense. They are only giving up 16.7 ppg and are stingy against the run as usual with giving up only 95 ypg through 12 games. They dominate with 16 interceptions as a group with 5 players led by Rhonde Barber getting 2 a piece. Gaines Adams and Greg White have 5.5 and 5 sacks each.LB Barrett Rudd leads the team with 95 tackles. This team has always prided itself going back to the Tony Dungy days on playing great team defense and did win a championship in 2002 doing just that. In 6 home games this season they are 6-0 and have given up only
12.6 ppg there.

Tampa is also led by the very good coach in Jon Gruden. I have always though he could coach both as an offensive type coach as he showed in Oakland (who have not been the same since he left in 2001) and defensive coach with help from Monte Kiffin, who has always done a great job there for the most part.

I know that this is not an exciting team but as evidenced by last years Giants (and this years as well) defense wins Championships and this team has a chance to go very far in the playoffs due to an underrated great one. They can stop anyone and play well against anyone. They just are not flashy doing it, but if you win, who cares, I am sure Bronco fans would love us to be boring and be 9-3.

Thanks to all for reading this. I hope that you enjoyed reading it as much as I had fun writing it.

Devilspawn
12-03-2008, 08:25 PM
ummmm some people do watch from afar with great attention... :tsk:

BroncoBJ
12-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Thier so quiet that you cant even spell thier name right. :eek:

:lol:

But I agree. I was thinking of teams and I was like "Damn we beat the 9-3 Bucs" :eek:

They could quietly still get the 1 seed as well. And with the Superbowl in Tampa Bay they could have home field advantage. :eek:

MasterShake
12-03-2008, 10:57 PM
The 13-3 Broncos in 2005 were the most under the radar team in my recent memory. We even knocked the Patriots out of the playoffs! :beer:

Medford Bronco
12-15-2008, 12:00 AM
I think I jinxed Tampa. I hope they come out on fire next week :salute:

Medford Bronco
12-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Boy did I jinx this team lol 9-7 ouch. Hey Oak can win on the road :salute:

BroncoBJ
12-28-2008, 05:14 PM
:lol: You should start a thread about the quiet 7-8 team Med ;)

:lol:

But damn... they looked like they were fighting for a 1 or 2 seed. I think losing to the Panthers killed them. I thought they would win the division this year.
Crazy how they choked the way they did.
Guess Denver isn't the only team to choke. :elefant:

broncophan
12-28-2008, 05:22 PM
The Raiders won because Al davis did not make the trip to Tampa with the team..:D....I think it was only the second game he has missed in the last 40 years...