PDA

View Full Version : Sean Avery - The Idiot

Flatinum
12-03-2008, 10:56 AM
I don't know how many of you caught this but he's been suspended by the NHL for his comments. Totally planned.

Keep in mind his former girlfriend Elisha Cuthbert is now dating Calgary Flames defenseman Dion Phaneuf. Dallas was in Calgary last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NQB6ul2kzw

Medford Bronco
12-03-2008, 11:11 AM
What a chooch Avery is. No shock there.

I hope he is suspended for 10 games at least. He is a jerk and has always
been a jerk

Flatinum
12-03-2008, 11:15 AM
What a chooch Avery is. No shock there.

I hope he is suspended for 10 games at least. He is a jerk and has always
been a jerk

Chooch. lol

I haven't heard that in a while.

MOtorboat
12-03-2008, 02:24 PM
:pound:

Funny...but you don't do that on national TV...lol...

OrangeHoof
12-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Classless jerk but I think the league hurt only themselves by suspending him. Let the team suspend him quietly and probably fine him harder than suspending him. This guy is obviously an attention hog who wants to get under people's skin. Slapping him with a big suspension just plays into his hands.

And what's next? Will the league suspend a player for questioning an opponents' parentage or calling out his mother?

Athletes have passed around women, even hot women, for generations. And some athletes will take any psychological advantage they can get on an opponent for just as long. Suspending Avery only calls more attention to what he did and makes the NHL look like a bunch of pussies.

Sit him down for a couple of games and then let somebody beat the #%&@ out of him. That's how *men* settle these sort of things. The league should not have intervened.

BroncoBJ
12-04-2008, 09:10 PM
:lol: I kinda like Avery. I like that punkish attitude. Pretty funny stuff.
Its funny hearing athletes say stuff like that.

BroncoBJ
12-04-2008, 09:10 PM
:lol: I kinda like Avery. I like that punkish attitude. Pretty funny stuff.
Its funny hearing athletes say stuff like that.

honz
12-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Is that really suspension worthy? Classless yes, but pretty weak to suspend him over that IMO.

KCL
12-04-2008, 10:04 PM
So the guy is full of himself...nothing new when it comes to some
athletes.

Broncospsycho77
12-04-2008, 10:15 PM
LMAO "Sloppy seconds."

Phaneuf is doomed for life now with that byte.

Northman
12-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Is that really suspension worthy? Classless yes, but pretty weak to suspend him over that IMO.

Yea, it was certainly a classless comment but it was made about a former girlfriend or girlfriends. There was no cursing involved so im a little baffled at the suspension.

OrangeHoof
12-05-2008, 04:47 PM
I wonder if the high-profile nature of the ex-girlfriends (a well-known actress and a top fashion model) has something to do with this reaction. Gee, it's not like Tony Romo or Tom Brady never get razzed about their girlfriends.

pnbronco
12-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Avery has been a jerk for a very, very long time. If this were the only thing then it might have been handled different, or he said it in the US instead of Canada. I just see it as the straw the broke the camels back.

SR
12-05-2008, 09:47 PM
There is hardly anything sloppy about having Elisha Cuthbert after someone. The whole NHL could run through that girl and I'd still gofer it. Avery is an idiot.

pnbronco
12-05-2008, 10:19 PM
There is hardly anything sloppy about having Elisha Cuthbert after someone. The whole NHL could run through that girl and I'd still gofer it. Avery is an idiot.

:laugh: :laugh: Oh SR you always have a way to make me laugh. You are right about Avery being a idiot....