PDA

View Full Version : Week 13 Power Rankings

CoachChaz
12-03-2008, 08:38 AM
32. Detroit (0-12) - 12 down, 4 to go

31. Cincinnati (1-10-1) - Strange this is...they are better than most of the bottom 10

30. Kansas City (2-10) - At least they can beat the teams in their division.

29. Seattle (2-10) - Felt the wrath of the resurging Cowboys

28. St. Louis (2-10) - Hung tough with Miami, but that's as good as it gets

27. Oakland (3-9) - Blew a chance to be tied with San Diego.

26. San Francisco (4-8) - Singletary at least has them playing with passion.

25. Cleveland (4-8) - They already miss Quinn

24. Jacksonville (4-8) - The MOST underachieving team in the NFL

23. Houston (5-7) - Will the real Houston Texans, please stand up

22. San Diego (4-8) - They've essentially conceded the division to Denver

21. Green Bay (5-7) - Looks like the ship is about to sink

20. Buffalo (6-6) - 1-6 since a great 5-0 start.

19. New Orleans (6-6) - Brees tries to do too much and it backfires

18. Chicago (6-6) - Another team that just cant seem to decide if they want to win or not

17. Denver (7-5) - Maybe this is a dark horse in the playoffs. Beat the playoff teams and lose to the bad teams. Playing to the level of their competition weekly. Only one of their losses is to a legit playoff team

16. Minnesota (7-5) - Showed the Bears that they want the Norris division

15. Miami (7-5) - Held off the Rams to keep their playoff hopes alive

14. Washington (7-5) - Having a tough time locking down a playoff spot

13. Arizona (7-5) - Took a step backwards, but they'll still be there to scare teams in the playoffs

12. Philadelphia (6-5-1) - Pounded on a solid Cardinals team. Maybe the benching lit a fire under Mcnabb

11. New England (7-5) - Tough time dealing with the best defense in the NFL

10. Atlanta (8-4) - Matt Ryan looks more and more like a seasoned vet every week. Dangerous team.

9. Baltimore (8-4) - Flacco shows the team can win with more than just a good defense

8. Indianapolis (8-4) - Was anyone else paying attention to this team winning 8 games so far?

7. NY Jets (8-4) - No comeback for Favre this time.

6. Tampa Bay (9-3) - What makes this team this good?

5. Dallas (8-4) - Kicking it in to overdrive for the playoff push

4. Carolina (9-3) - Havent looked very good the past few weeks. Big division game up ahead

3. Pittsburgh (9-3) - Might be the most impressive defense to watch in quite some time

2. Tennessee (11-1) - Pounded on Detroit. Who doesnt?

1. NY Giants (11-1) - Really tough schedule ahead. Will they keep the top spot?

claymore
12-03-2008, 09:38 AM
To me I cant believe the jets are ranked as high as they are, but I hate Favre, and its not just this ranking, but espn had them at 3 last week.

horsesense
12-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Who had 3 NFC south teams in the top 10 before the season started? I sure didnt.
Another good job Coach.

MHCBill
12-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Denver is 3-2 against teams ahead of them in this ranking... the Eagles SUCK with a capital S-U-C-K!!!

Medford Bronco
12-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Great job coach. :salute: you are always going to find dissenters.

I love it that you do not follow the masses.

CoachChaz
12-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Denver is 3-2 against teams ahead of them in this ranking... the Eagles SUCK with a capital S-U-C-K!!!

One of these weeks you'll be happy with my rankings and I wont have a clue what to do.

Ya know, Cleveland has a win against the Giants...should I move them up 5 or 6 spots based on that? Maybe move the Giants down?

Beating an opponent doesnt always mean you are the better team...just the better team that day.

Like Denver, Philly is a tough team to gauge, but I still think they are better than the teams behind them

Medford Bronco
12-03-2008, 11:18 AM
6. Tampa Bay (9-3) - What makes this team this good?

My comment on Tampa that makes them good is a good defense that causes turnovers and a QB that does not turn it over. Boring yes, winning team yes, in a good division nonetheless

underrated29
12-03-2008, 11:38 AM
coach,

#15- miami- you said they snuck past the raiders.....I think you meant to say the rams.

Other than that, everything looks about right. Greenbay i might rate a little higher, but i cant really find a place for them to go if i was to put them higher. So i am not sure what that means or what i am getting at here......

Nice job.

LawDog
12-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Dark horse Broncos indeed. If we manage to beat Carolina, we'll have swept the NFC South which is currently at .500 or better as an entire division and three out of the four you have ranked in the top ten. Except for the craziness in the games within our own division, and a complete let-down against New England, we've actually had a pretty solid season.

I was originally hoping for a two-seed miracle after the win against the Jets, but really, as well as the Broncos have played on the road, maybe the four-seed isn't such a bad deal (or three-seed).

Game of the week coming up IMHO is Dallas Pittsburgh. Is Pitts' D really all that? They lead the league in the major areas of points, yards, etc. so it should be an interesting game.

claymore
12-04-2008, 10:04 AM
I thought you would appreciate this from SI.com Coach....

I'm willing to concede that I don't have the foggiest of clues where to rank this Broncos team. As someone earlier this week noted to me, Denver may be the only team in the NFL that can both beat anyone in the league and lose to anyone, all without raising any eyebrows. To prove our point, here come the 2-10 Chiefs into Invesco Field. Kansas City throttled the Broncos 33-19 in Week 4, which in essence launched Mr. Shanahan's Wild Ride.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/12/03/prs/index.html?eref=T1

Poet
12-05-2008, 02:17 AM
The Eagles are garbage. They are one of the most inconsistent teams in the league.

Not to be be a homer, but they were a Shayne Graham kick away from having their season end.