PDA

View Full Version : Tracking final cuts for all 32 NFL teams

pnbronco
09-03-2011, 02:44 AM
Not sure where you want this but since the cut seems more important this year I thought I would put the link here to start with. Please feel free to move it where you see fit.....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d821e9e9a/article/down-to-53-tracking-final-cuts-for-all-32-nfl-teams

sneakers
09-03-2011, 04:52 AM
This is so nerdy. But I admire you for it.

tomjonesrocks
09-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Oh, SNAP! A page tracking this veritable treasure trove in one place? Hopefully that page is set for auto-refresh...!

Other teams' trash has never been more interesting. :beer:

LTC Pain
09-03-2011, 12:18 PM

You admire it so much you called him a nerd???? :confused:

chazoe60
09-03-2011, 01:02 PM
You admire it so much you called him a nerd???? :confused:

He called her a nerd.

Dzone
09-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Here is the complete list of player moves made by the Broncos today:

WAIVED/RELEASED

David Anderson, WR, Colorado State, released

Jeremy Beal, DE, Oklahoma, waived

Brandon Bing, CB, Rutgers, waived

Alvin Bowen, LB, Iowa State, waived

Ronnell Brown, DT, James Madison, waived

Jeff Byers, G, Southern California, waived

Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma State, waived

Stanley Daniels, G, Washington, waived

Britt Davis, WR, Northern Illinois, waived

A'Andre Goodwin, WR, Washington, waived

Adam Grant, T, Arizona, waived

Dan Gronkowski, TE, Maryland, waived

Steven Hauschka​, K, North Carolina State, waived

Jeremy Jarmon, DT, Kentucky, waived

Jeremiah Johnson, RB, Oregon, waived

Kyle McCarthy, RB, Notre Dame, waived

Eric Olsen, G, Notre Dame, waived

Greg Orton, WR, Purdue, waived

DeMario Pressley, DT, North Carolina State, waived

Eron Riley, WR, Duke, waived

Lee Robinson, LB, Alcorn State, waived

Dante Rosario, TE, Oregon, released

Austin Sylvester, FB, Washington, waived

Adam Weber, QB, Minnesota, waived

INJURED RESERVE

Jamel Hamler, WR, Fresno State

Brandon Minor, RB, Michigan

Syd'Quan Thompson, CB, California

dogfish
09-03-2011, 04:08 PM
.Ask most NFL players and they'll tell you that the day cuts come through are terrible. Just a few moments ago the Carolina Panthers released RB Tyrell Sutton who has been with the team since 2009. A 'do-everything' type player Sutton aptly filled in at RB and FB when needed and typically excelled at both. This move is by no means an indictment of him as a player, but rather shows just how deep the Carolina Panthers are at the RB position

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2011/9/3/2402267/tyrell-sutton-cut-by-panthers

look for this guy to end up in denver. . . .

DT nick hayden is another panthers' cut who could possibly wind up in denver. . .

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/03/panthers-get-down-to-61/

dogfish
09-03-2011, 04:10 PM
also, the eagles just released DT derek landri, a starter last year for carolina-- we met with him before he signed in philly. . . he was released and not waived, but i would expect us to try to bring him in again. . . .

dogfish
09-03-2011, 04:15 PM
pitt cut former texas OT tony hills, who might at least be worth bringing in for a physical. . .

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/03/steelers-get-down-to-53/

dogfish
09-03-2011, 04:17 PM
the dolphins have cut veteran cornerback will allen-- could be a possibility for our nickel spot. . .

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/03/dolphins-cut-larry-johnson-and-will-allen/

Jsteve01
09-03-2011, 04:18 PM
allen used to be solid. I'd sign off on this...still stunned that McCarthy got cut

HORSEPOWER 56
09-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Not sure where you want this but since the cut seems more important this year I thought I would put the link here to start with. Please feel free to move it where you see fit.....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d821e9e9a/article/down-to-53-tracking-final-cuts-for-all-32-nfl-teams

Man, that would be a great link if only NFL.com would update it from time to time. They have a ton of cuts on their front page that aren't on that list. Figures they go to the trouble of making a convenient page to reference then fail to update it.

Tned, you should send them your resume. You run a tighter ship than their network engineers do. :beer:

HORSEPOWER 56
09-03-2011, 04:34 PM
According to NFL.com, Chester Taylor was cut by the Bears. Not a huge surprise, but the guy is a FANTASTIC 3rd down back.

Might be worth a look for us. Much rather have him than Ball.

pnbronco
09-03-2011, 04:34 PM

Sneakers of all the things I've been called in my life nerdy has never been one of them........:laugh: I'm the tech challenged one of the family so thanks.....and yes I am female.

pnbronco
09-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Dog and Horse thanks for letting us know who out there and if they are someone that is a possible.

Also dang, McCarthy got cut, that one does shock me......:eek:

Also Horse NHL has one that does this on during their trade dates. I think I refresh the thing like 50 on the final day. I do agree Tned and /or Carol would do a much better job with the NFL one.....:D

dogfish
09-03-2011, 04:58 PM
former eagles corner joselio hanson would be an ideal candidate for the nickel, kinda doubt we get him though. . . .

http://phillysportsdaily.com/eagles/2011/09/03/report-eagles-release-joselio-hanson/

HORSEPOWER 56
09-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Supposedly, time is up for cuts (6 PM EST) so hopefully we'll get some up to date lists, soon.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-03-2011, 05:52 PM
The list is much more up to date now. Neither Donald Brown nor Steve Slayton were cut as was the going rumor.

The Dolphins did release Lousaka Polite. He's twice the FB Larsen is.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Dolphins terminated contracts of S Gerald Alexander CB Will Allen, NT Ronald Fields, RB Larry Johnson, FB Lousaka Polite, T Ray Willis.

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/statuses/110124132380839936

Agent of Orange
09-03-2011, 06:22 PM
When you see Larry Johnson, you say, "hey, there's a big back"...but then you remember how much of a jerk he is and it's like, "no thanks!".

Agent of Orange
09-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Brandon Meriweather was cut by New England.

Agent of Orange
09-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Donnie Avery, WR, was cut by St Louis. Weird. He's super fast.

Agent of Orange
09-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Raiders released Lito Sheppard and Walter McFadden. Both are CBs. Lito Sheppard should be someone to consider.

dogfish
09-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Donnie Avery, WR, was cut by St Louis. Weird. He's super fast.

they re-signed clayton (who had good chemistry with bradford before he got hurt, and is a more polished receiver than avery), and they probably didn't want to keep two guys coming off injury. . . they also like brandon gibson, and they picked up mike simms-walker as well. . . and amendola emerged as a slot guy for them down the stretch. . . that's probably their top four, and i believe they also kept another guy who's their primary returner. . .

Slick
09-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Id take a look at lito sheppard. chester taylor would be an upgrade over ball.

I was surprised to hear lombardi say that merriweather was beaten out by josh barrett, a guy we cut.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Ziggy
09-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Speaking of fullbacks, Tony Fiammetta was cut by the Panthers today. He started for Fox last season. He would also be a big improvement over Larsen.

Agent of Orange
09-03-2011, 07:30 PM
What about John McCargo or Derek Landri as DTs?

Ziggy
09-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Landri would be a nice addition, but McCargo has never shown anything other than being a waste of a draft pick.

Agent of Orange
09-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Landri would be a nice addition, but McCargo has never shown anything other than being a waste of a draft pick.

We wouldnt be drafting him though. Just because he wasnt worth a 1st round pick, doesnt mean he couldnt help Denver. I havent followed him that closely, so Im not sure whether he's worth it. He's 29 so he's been good enough to stay in the league a while.

Northman
09-03-2011, 07:51 PM
We wouldnt be drafting him though. Just because he wasnt worth a 1st round pick, doesnt mean he couldnt help Denver. I havent followed him that closely, so Im not sure whether he's worth it. He's 29 so he's been good enough to stay in the league a while.

True dat.

He may not turn out to be anything but this is the same reason i would of wanted to take a chance on Donald Brown had he been released. One man's trash could be another's treasure. Again, nothing is for certain but since we really have no depth there it wouldnt hurt to take someone projected as a first rounder.

UnderArmour
09-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Id take a look at lito sheppard. chester taylor would be an upgrade over ball.

I was surprised to hear lombardi say that merriweather was beaten out by josh barrett, a guy we cut.

Uh what? Chester Taylor's 2.4 yards a carry isn't an upgrade over anyone. Guy is washed up. No thanks.

Slick
09-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Of the few games i saw him play last year he still looked like a professional third down back. I must have missed the carries that brought down his average. Were his receiving stats bad too?

dogfish
09-03-2011, 08:20 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/03/panthers-complete-their-cuts/

carolina has also cut FB tony fiameta. . .

Northman
09-03-2011, 08:24 PM
While i can appreciate some of the players that Carolina is releasing i just hope this doesnt become another McD/NE thing where we sign EVERY player that comes from there. Its time to stop the cycle and start thinking outside the box a bit.

Agent of Orange
09-03-2011, 08:36 PM
While i can appreciate some of the players that Carolina is releasing i just hope this doesnt become another McD/NE thing where we sign EVERY player that comes from there. Its time to stop the cycle and start thinking outside the box a bit.

It doesnt have that feel at all. Fox doesn't have that ignorant arrogance that McDaniels had. At least its not over the top obvious in the same way. McDaniels seemed to believe that football was invented in New England. John Fox doesnt come across that way at all.

Dzone
09-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Kory Sperry from Pueblo County High and CSU has made the 53 man roster of the San Diego Chargers.

Northman
09-03-2011, 08:52 PM
It doesnt have that feel at all. Fox doesn't have that ignorant arrogance that McDaniels had. At least its not over the top obvious in the same way. McDaniels seemed to believe that football was invented in New England. John Fox doesnt come across that way at all.

Well, im not comparing their attitudes when it comes to the game. Just that not every player in Carolina is pure gold. There is a reason why Fox only has 3 winning seasons out of 9. While i expect better things and a much more mature direction from Fox i just hope he doesnt think that he only needs to pay attention to players he had at Carolina when it comes to FA.

Ziggy
09-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Giants cut Gabe Watson. He has great size at 6'3 340, and showed some promise at Arizona a few years ago. He's 27 years old. I'd love to see the Broncos give him a look.

Agent of Orange
09-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Well, im not comparing their attitudes when it comes to the game. Just that not every player in Carolina is pure gold. There is a reason why Fox only has 3 winning seasons out of 9. While i expect better things and a much more mature direction from Fox i just hope he doesnt think that he only needs to pay attention to players he had at Carolina when it comes to FA.

"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." Ever hear this quote? It kind of explains why a coach might gravitate towards known commodities that he feels comfortable with. In Fox's case, I can live with that. With Fox, it feels like Fox is bringing in guys he's comfortable with. In McDaniel's case, it was like he wanted guys because they were from New England. Do you see the distinction I'm trying to make?

Northman
09-03-2011, 09:02 PM
"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." Ever hear this quote? It kind of explains why a coach might gravitate towards known commodities that he feels comfortable with. In Fox's case, I can live with that. With Fox, it feels like Fox is bringing in guys he's comfortable with. In McDaniel's case, it was like he wanted guys because they were from New England. Do you see the distinction I'm trying to make?

Oh yea, definitely.

But i still go with my stance that just because a coach is comfortable with players he knows (Shanahan is guilty of this as well) sometimes they keep guys who are just complete garbage and thus hurts the team in the process. As long as Fox makes SMART decisions in that regard it will pay off. But if not...well, you know.

Agent of Orange
09-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Oh yea, definitely.

But i still go with my stance that just because a coach is comfortable with players he knows (Shanahan is guilty of this as well) sometimes they keep guys who are just complete garbage and thus hurts the team in the process. As long as Fox makes SMART decisions in that regard it will pay off. But if not...well, you know.

Well, one thing to keep in mind is that Fox is less able to go willy nilly on trades the way McDaniels did when it came to guys like LeKevin Smith and Maroney. So, Fox's moves doesnt have the same taint to it. Fox isn't the wearing the GM hat like McDaniels was. So, if they get too many Carolina players, it's not like you can pin it exclusively on Fox in the same way.

dogfish
09-03-2011, 09:46 PM
north, relax-- i listed a few players from carolina, that doesn't translate into fox looking at those guys. . .

although i do think we'll bring in tyrell sutton, which looks like a legit move. . .

also, the seachickens just released colin cole, a decent one-technique run plugger. . . .

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/03/seahawks-make-their-moves-to-get-to-53/

Northman
09-03-2011, 09:49 PM
north, relax-- i listed a few players from carolina, that doesn't translate into fox looking at those guys. . .

although i do think we'll bring in tyrell sutton, which looks like a legit move. . .

also, the seachickens just released colin cole, a decent one-technique run plugger. . . .

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/03/seahawks-make-their-moves-to-get-to-53/

Listen dillweed. Ill be nervous if i want. This team has done jack to make me feel at ease yet. :D

pnbronco
09-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Just saw this on a tweet:

psmyth12 Patrick Smyth
Teams must submit waiver claims by 10 am MDT Sunday. After 10 am, teams also can begin forming 8-man pract. squad. #Broncos

Agent of Orange
09-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Just saw this on a tweet:

psmyth12 Patrick Smyth
Teams must submit waiver claims by 10 am MDT Sunday. After 10 am, teams also can begin forming 8-man pract. squad. #Broncos

Does anyone know what Patrick Smyth looks like? I've tried googling him to see if it's who I think it might be and there's too much clutter with other Patrick Smyths. Is he the guy standing over the coach's shoulder every time he does an interview?

DenBronx
09-04-2011, 04:18 PM
PostBroncosLindsay Jones

Everyone needs to relax. Broncos are making moves and working waiver wire. A full list of moves will be out soon.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-04-2011, 04:25 PM
PostBroncosLindsay Jones

Everyone needs to relax. Broncos are making moves and working waiver wire. A full list of moves will be out soon.

But I want to overreact and I have no patience!!!! :D

DenBronx
09-04-2011, 04:29 PM
@AdamSchefter: Seattle claimed kicker Steven Hauschka on waivers from the Broncos.

DenBronx
09-04-2011, 04:30 PM
AdamSchefterAdam Schefter

Some veteran AFC West signings: Denver signed DB Jonathan Wilhite,

DenBronx
09-04-2011, 04:30 PM
But I want to overreact and I have no patience!!!! :D

We have reasons to overreact!

pnbronco
09-04-2011, 04:49 PM
@AdamSchefter: Seattle claimed kicker Steven Hauschka on waivers from the Broncos.

That makes me happy that he got picked up. He's a nice guy and I'm glad he has a job.

chazoe60
09-04-2011, 05:47 PM
That makes me happy that he got picked up. He's a nice guy and I'm glad he has a job.

He's a nice guy who can kick a 51 yard field goal with the game on the line. That's what teams look for in a kicker, clutch.