PDA

View Full Version : Orange jerseys?

Stargazer
08-15-2008, 01:21 PM
After banishing them deep inside their closet the past four years, the Broncos are dusting off their alternative home jerseys.

Broncos players will be wearing orange jerseys for home games Sept. 21 against New Orleans and Dec. 7 against Kansas City.

"I know some of our players are excited about wearing the orange jersey," said Joe Ellis, the Broncos' chief operating officer. "We think the fans will be excited to see it a couple times as well."

The Broncos last dressed in alternative orange jerseys on a snowy Sunday night, Nov. 28, 2004. The Broncos blew an 11-point, fourth-quarter lead in losing to Oakland, 25-24.

Not surprisingly, the all- orange look drew a scornful eye from Broncos coach Mike Shanahan. But as a compromise to a projected boost in merchandise sales, the Broncos are giving the orange jerseys another chance.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_10208381

I like the orange jerseys. Glad to see them back for two games this year.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-15-2008, 01:22 PM
I love the orange jerseys - they ARE Broncos Football :salute:

tubby
08-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Hell Yeah!

:defense:

SR
08-15-2008, 01:26 PM
I read that this morning in the Post. I'm excited. I've got my orange Cutler jersey ready...took all my jerseys out of storage a couple weeks ago in preparation for the upcoming season.

NightTrainLayne
08-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Good. I like 'em. And both of those games are winnable. .. I think. I reserve judement until I see a few more weeks of improvement.

Rex
08-15-2008, 01:31 PM
I like them. Apparently it made the Broncos lack of defense very visible in the snow.

SR
08-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Last time we wore them we had an 11 point fourth quarter lead against the Raiders blown. In the snow.

LoyalSoldier
08-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Well there is two losses. ;)

SR
08-15-2008, 01:34 PM
well There Is Two Losses. ;)

Maybe BMarsh can sit those two games out and we can knock it all out at once.

Slick
08-15-2008, 01:37 PM

I completely agree. Love 'em.

Not surprisingly, the all- orange look drew a scornful eye from Broncos coach Mike Shanahan.

This just in Coach...the jerseys didn't cause that debacle. Don't use them as an excuse.

The all blues are hideous. If they're going alternate, go Orange or don't go there at all.

Medford Bronco
08-15-2008, 01:59 PM

They should be our regular uniforms IMO :salute:

ktrain
08-15-2008, 02:01 PM
After banishing them deep inside their closet the past four years, the Broncos are dusting off their alternative home jerseys.

Broncos players will be wearing orange jerseys for home games Sept. 21 against New Orleans and Dec. 7 against Kansas City.

"I know some of our players are excited about wearing the orange jersey," said Joe Ellis, the Broncos' chief operating officer. "We think the fans will be excited to see it a couple times as well."

The Broncos last dressed in alternative orange jerseys on a snowy Sunday night, Nov. 28, 2004. The Broncos blew an 11-point, fourth-quarter lead in losing to Oakland, 25-24.

Not surprisingly, the all- orange look drew a scornful eye from Broncos coach Mike Shanahan. But as a compromise to a projected boost in merchandise sales, the Broncos are giving the orange jerseys another chance.

ughhh

BroncoWave
08-15-2008, 02:04 PM
SWEET! This makes my day!

SR
08-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Am I the only one here that likes our all blue uni?

dogfish
08-15-2008, 02:19 PM
about friggin' time!

real men wear orange. . . . .

Retired_Member_001
08-15-2008, 02:21 PM

Nope.

I love the all blue uniform.

I actually wish that those were our regular jerseys. We actually wore the all blues more than the blue and whites last season.

BroncoWave
08-15-2008, 02:24 PM

I love the all-blues. When I play Madden, I alternate between those and the orange unis.

Retired_Member_001
08-15-2008, 02:24 PM
I love the all-blues. When I play Madden, I alternate between those and the orange unis.

On Madden 09 the blue on blues are our default uni's.

BroncoJoe
08-15-2008, 02:28 PM
The all blue look a little funny to me, but I really don't mind them either. I do like the orange uni's though.

Benetto
08-15-2008, 02:29 PM
I want to see them sport the old school alternates...The throwbacks...Those are badass.

http://www.nflstore.net/products/dbr739.jpg

Italianmobstr7
08-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Awesome! Nice to see the orange alternates make a come back.

BroncoWave
08-15-2008, 02:32 PM
On Madden 09 the blue on blues are our default uni's.

Not on PS2 they aren't.

LRtagger
08-15-2008, 02:48 PM
Orange rulessssssss...see the avy

jrelway
08-15-2008, 03:01 PM
I want to see them sport the old school alternates...The throwbacks...Those are badass.

hell yes. with the light blue D helmets.

SR
08-15-2008, 03:10 PM
These are my favorite.

http://mrthrowback.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/ELWAY.344223354_std.jpg

Italianmobstr7
08-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Nope.

I love the all blue uniform.

I actually wish that those were our regular jerseys. We actually wore the all blues more than the blue and whites last season.

I think the all blues WILL be our regular jerseys this year. We wore them a lot, and I love them. They look awesome. It's cool to see us wear the orange too. I feel like most people buy the orange jerseys because they look cool and Denver never wears them, so it will be a nice change.

Kaylore
08-15-2008, 03:44 PM
The orange jerseys will herald the return of Broncos football as we knew it to the NFL.

Slick
08-15-2008, 03:50 PM
The orange jerseys will herald the return of Broncos football as we knew it to the NFL.

I hope so Kaylore. :salute:

Why didn't the all blues draw "a scornful eye" from Coach? We lost games in those unis too.

Superstition just doesn't fit.

Nomad
08-15-2008, 04:43 PM
The BRONCOS didn't wear them last year against Det (I know away game -white), Indy, SD, GB, you get the drift. Glad to see the orange back, though I'd like to see the thorwbacks every now and then.

GEM
08-15-2008, 05:10 PM

The helmets too!
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/nicole0702/elway-helmet-broncos-replica-oldsty.jpg

:rockon:

GEM
08-15-2008, 05:11 PM
I think the all blues WILL be our regular jerseys this year. We wore them a lot, and I love them. They look awesome. It's cool to see us wear the orange too. I feel like most people buy the orange jerseys because they look cool and Denver never wears them, so it will be a nice change.

My Bailey jersey is orange. :D

Slick
08-15-2008, 05:21 PM
I've got a "new" orange Al Wilson jersey. :frusty:

Old school orange Sharpe, Elway, Mobley, McCaffery

I want an Atwater jersey in the style that SeeingRed posted.

GEM
08-15-2008, 05:22 PM

No reason to hit bricks over that slick. Wilson is still a kick ass jersey! :D

girler
08-15-2008, 05:23 PM

My Lynch jersey is orange. :tongue:

Slick
08-15-2008, 05:23 PM

I'm the kiss of death though. I buy it, he gets hurt. Same thing with McCaffery. I haven't bought a new jersey in a while.

EDIT: Now who's the hypocrite. I'm blaming Shanahan for his scornful look when the Orange jersey gets mentioned, then in the same thread, I imply that my jersey purchases caused injury. :lol:

GEM
08-15-2008, 05:25 PM

My Lynch is white.

My Bailey is orange.

My Cutler is blue.

My McCaffrey is white...but it's super big cause I wore it when I was preggo. :lol:

girler
08-15-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm the kiss of death though. I buy it, he gets hurt. Same thing with McCaffery. I haven't bought a new jersey in a while.

My walmart is selling lynch jerseys for $39.94 if you want one. :laugh:

GEM
08-15-2008, 05:28 PM
My walmart is selling lynch jerseys for $39.94 if you want one. :laugh:

Sports Authority has Walker jerseys for $20....I thought of buying it to use as a rag, but I couldn't dare do that to any Bronco jersey. Perhaps with the exception of Quitterson, I hate that guy with a passion.

Medford Bronco
08-15-2008, 05:29 PM
I I hate the blue on blue and Elway did as well :tongue:

It reminds me that we look like a college team. Just my HUMBLE opinon so if you disagree that is okay, hence humble.

The old school from 1965ish thru 1996 are the best IMHO

Medford Bronco
08-15-2008, 05:30 PM
Sports Authority has Walker jerseys for $20....I thought of buying it to use as a rag, but I couldn't dare do that to any Bronco jersey. Perhaps with the exception of Quitterson, I hate that guy with a passion.

I though you were going to use it for
cleaing up after the dog when you take a dog for
a walk or at the bottom of the bird cage or to clean
some bird poop off of your car :D:lol:

Magnificent Seven
08-15-2008, 05:37 PM

Lynch is a Patriot.

Medford Bronco
08-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Lynch is a Patriot.

and he automatically is the most classy player they have now

girler
08-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Lynch is a Patriot.

Which makes my jersey good for... um... I don't know what.

GEM
08-15-2008, 05:49 PM
Lynch is a Patriot.

So...I guess all the Atwater jerseys should be packed away with the Lynch jerseys then. :der:

girler
08-15-2008, 05:52 PM
So...I guess all the Atwater jerseys should be packed away with the Lynch jerseys then. :der:

Atwater was a Bronco much longer than Lynch was, FWIW.

GEM
08-15-2008, 05:56 PM

Oh I know that....but I wouldn't pack my Lynch jersey away just because he's on another team.

I'm sure nobody packed Atwaters away when he went to the Jets.

girler
08-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Oh I know that....but I wouldn't pack my Lynch jersey away just because he's on another team.

I'm sure nobody packed Atwaters away when he went to the Jets.

I don't know why, but in my head/heart they are in two different leagues. Maybe it's because Atwater is retired and always a Bronco in my heart. Lynch is now on his 3rd team and will probably be a Buc in everyone's mind. I don't know. I feel abandoned by him. I didn't feel abandoned by Atwater.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-15-2008, 06:01 PM
I don't know why, but in my head/heart they are in two different leagues. Maybe it's because Atwater is retired and always a Bronco in my heart. Lynch is now on his 3rd team and will probably be a Buc in everyone's mind. I don't know. I feel abandoned by him. I didn't feel abandoned by Atwater.

Also, if I remember correctly, Atwater was cut, vs Lynch, who ask to be released.

Italianmobstr7
08-15-2008, 06:18 PM

I've got an orange bailey, cutler, marshall, and rod smith. I've got a blue cutler, a white bailey, a blue bailey, and the list just goes on. I like all the jerseys, but the orange are the "coolest" looking.

Medford Bronco
08-15-2008, 06:29 PM

and Atwater was a much better player as a Bronco

Lynch's best days were in Tampa when they won the Super Bowl
or even when they wore the creamsicle unis

(this is not Lynch but the creamsicle unis :lol: )
http://www.sportsattic2.com/nflphotos/photos14/Selmon,LeeRoy11.jpg

sneakers
08-15-2008, 06:32 PM
Last time we wore them we had an 11 point fourth quarter lead against the Raiders blown. In the snow.

Wasn't that the same game where al wilson demolished some raider running back going for it on 4 and 1 (or something like that?)

Medford Bronco
08-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Wasn't that the same game where al wilson demolished some raider running back going for it on 4 and 1 (or something like that?)

Wasnt that the same game that the kid wideout (he sucks so bad
I foget his name, very overrated and now out of football)
dropped a TD pass in the end zone that would have won it.

Also Ruben Droughs had a good night.

BroncoWave
08-15-2008, 06:37 PM

Both my Lynch and Bailey jerseys are orange! :D

Timmy!
08-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Awesome. I love the orange jerseys, and also like the all blue uniforms. My girl has an orange Cutler jersey I just bought her :D

Hobe
08-15-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm glad to see the orange jersey come back!

Of course, I still have an Orange Crush tee shirt.

Slick
08-15-2008, 07:46 PM
and Atwater was a much better player as a Bronco

Lynch's best days were in Tampa when they won the Super Bowl
or even when they wore the creamsicle unis

(this is not Lynch but the creamsicle unis :lol: )
http://www.sportsattic2.com/nflphotos/photos14/Selmon,LeeRoy11.jpg

Call me crazy, I like those better than the ones they have now. Pewter is fugly.

MasterShake
08-15-2008, 08:21 PM
They should wear the orange jersey with the blue pants. And some bright yellow socks. That would be awesome! They should also replace all the lights in the stadium with black lights so we glow like TRON people. Awesome.....:lol:

dogfish
08-15-2008, 10:17 PM

don't feel bad, i bought wilson and rod smith jerseys a year or so ago. . . . but. . .

exactly! i have no prob wearing them still-- it WOULD be nice to have a current one other than my beat-to-shit bailey jersey, but oh well-- rod and al were both career broncos that played at a consistently high level and left everything on the field. . . both of 'em belong in the ring of fame, and i'm proud to wear their numbers. . .

if dread and i take up a collection, will you buy a phillys rivers jersey? obviously i wouldn't expect you to WEAR the hideous thing, but if buying it is enough. . . well. . . .

Shazam!
08-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Nice.

I for one miss the classic old school Broncos jerseys and D logo.

Stargazer
08-15-2008, 11:25 PM
In some ways I can't believe it's been almost 4 years since Denver wore orange jerseys during a football game.

Italianmobstr7
08-16-2008, 12:18 AM
In some ways I can't believe it's been almost 4 years since Denver wore orange jerseys during a football game.

Yea. It's about freaking time we brought them back. There's no curse. And if there is, it was meant to be broken whether it be week 3 against NO or when we play the Chiefs in December.

BroncoTech
08-16-2008, 05:41 AM
I don't care if they wear blue PJ's or orange uniforms or flour sacks with holes cut out for their arms and head they better win win win!

sneakers
08-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Call me crazy, I like those better than the ones they have now. Pewter is fugly.

Me Too!!!!!!!!!

Bronco Bible
08-17-2008, 09:08 AM
They should be our regular uniforms IMO :salute:

Orange=Broncos

SR
08-17-2008, 09:14 AM

And Atwater came back to retire as a Bronco, just like Shannon Sharpe.

SarahKay
09-06-2008, 09:35 PM
The alternate ones??? Sometimes I wish we'd go to those colors. Become the orange crush again. haha

But seriously was that a one time thing? :salute:

BroncoWave
09-06-2008, 09:36 PM
We're doing it this year. I'll find the article for you.

BroncoWave
09-06-2008, 09:37 PM

SarahKay
09-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Hell yeah! THANK YOU! That really gets me excited!

Italianmobstr7
09-06-2008, 10:49 PM
Yep. Wearing the orange against New Orleans and KC. Hopefully we'll actually WIN in them this year. I love the orange jerseys, I wish that it didn't seem like they were cursed.

SarahKay
09-06-2008, 10:52 PM
They aren't!

SR
09-07-2008, 12:36 AM
Sarah, you're being the times my friend.

NameUsedBefore
09-07-2008, 12:53 AM

That's quite a feat.

Italianmobstr7
09-07-2008, 01:28 AM
They aren't!

I didn't say that they were. Just seems like it. We lost 2 very close games against them, and both in the snow. Both on last second field goals. Shanny felt like they were bad luck or something, so he stashed them. I doubt that he wanted to wear them this year, but the marketing rep talked him into it. Hard to sell orange alternate jerseys if the team never wears them. It's been a good 3 years or so. We've worn them so little, that they took them out of the new madden game on the 360! Then again, they took out the Blue top w/ White pants too... Either way, I'm glad to see us wear them again. I've got 3 alternate orange jerseys so it would be nice to see us wear them at least once a year.

SarahKay
09-07-2008, 10:23 PM

I'm what? :confused:

ikillz0mbies
09-07-2008, 11:05 PM
The last I saw those jerseys was the game against the Raiders......Just saying.....

SarahKay
09-08-2008, 01:59 PM
HAHA That is true.. and I go and ask this question when we play the Raiders the first game of the season.

Italianmobstr7
09-22-2008, 03:09 PM
I don't know if anyone realized, at least I haven't seen anyone say anything about it. The previous 2 times that Denver wore the alternate orange it snowed and Denver lost on a last second field goal. Yesterday gramatica choked and the curse was broken. I love the orange jerseys. We should wear them more often.

Northman
09-22-2008, 03:10 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Stick with the all blue.

Kaylore
09-22-2008, 03:11 PM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=389135&postcount=3

Denver Native (Carol)
09-22-2008, 03:12 PM
I don't know if anyone realized, at least I haven't seen anyone say anything about it. The previous 2 times that Denver wore the alternate orange it snowed and Denver lost on a last second field goal. Yesterday gramatica choked and the curse was broken. I love the orange jerseys. We should wear them more often.

I agree - ORANGE is the Broncos

Buff
09-22-2008, 03:14 PM
I guess it makes sense because the blue stripe alligns-- but I think the orange jerseys look weird with white pants. Seems like they should wear blue pants when wearing orange.

Italianmobstr7
09-22-2008, 03:15 PM
3 times a year would be great. I like all of our teams jerseys, but the all blue is my fav, with the alternate orange my 2nd fav. It just brings back memories of having the old school orange jerseys. The Broncos have traditionally been orange, so it's nice to see the orange brought out a few times a year.

smith49
09-22-2008, 03:15 PM

i too love the orange unis. wish we would wear them more. only now that the curse has been lifted.:D

broncogirl7
09-22-2008, 03:25 PM
I loved the orange!!!! I would love one of those jerseys!

BMF Bronco
09-22-2008, 03:36 PM
the curse was broken because I now have an orange jersey! Last time I bought a new jersey the Broncos won their first superbowl, hopefully we make it a tradition.

denbroncofan26
09-22-2008, 03:42 PM
We are scheduled to wear the orange jerseys again this year sometime, anyone remember which game it is?

AlWilsonizKING
09-22-2008, 03:44 PM
Like Buff said, I didn't like them with the white pants. Just looked a little wierd.

BTW, I LOVE the orange jerseys.

ORANGE CRUSH anyone.....anyone?

PEACE!!!

Italianmobstr7
09-22-2008, 03:50 PM
We are scheduled to wear the orange jerseys again this year sometime, anyone remember which game it is?

Yep, we're wearing them Sunday Dec. 14 against the Chiefs in week 14.

frauschieze
09-22-2008, 03:50 PM

KC at home, I think.

DomCasual
09-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Long live the orange unis!

Stedtfeld
09-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Yeah I like all of their jersey colors, it doesn't really matter to me what they wear

SOCALORADO.
09-22-2008, 04:13 PM
the curse was broken because I now have an orange jersey! Last time I bought a new jersey the Broncos won their first superbowl, hopefully we make it a tradition.

Spend some money dammit! Spend!!!!!!!!!!

BMF Bronco
09-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Spend some money dammit! Spend!!!!!!!!!!

Brutha, already done, the Orange one is the new jersey! Just got it before the preseason packer game this year. So far so good.:beer:

SOCALORADO.
09-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Brutha, already done, the Orange one is the new jersey! Just got it before the preseason packer game this year. So far so good.:beer:

NICE! Now we just need a little :defense: love, and were on our way!

scott.475
09-22-2008, 05:41 PM
I think they looked pretty bad with the white pants. If they are going to were the orange jersey, they need to wear the matching pants.

sacmar
09-22-2008, 05:51 PM
Finally.....i love the orange jersey's

Medford Bronco
09-22-2008, 05:52 PM
I think they looked pretty bad with the white pants. If they are going to were the orange jersey, they need to wear the matching pants.

that would be awful orange on orange

we would look like a big creamsicle

they were fine the way they were IMHO

girler
09-22-2008, 05:55 PM

Um, I love the jerseys, but EW, where did you learn your fashion style???

BroncoWave
09-22-2008, 05:56 PM

That would look horrible IMO.

I mean come on, how badass does Cutler look in this pic?

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/a1/fullj.3471f93f4bc09fb6cbd4a1f59e216cd6/3471f93f4bc09fb6cbd4a1f59e216cd6-getty-81705404dp025_new_orleans_s.jpg

Denver Native (Carol)
09-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Like Buff said, I didn't like them with the white pants. Just looked a little wierd.

BTW, I LOVE the orange jerseys.

ORANGE CRUSH anyone.....anyone?

PEACE!!!

They could wear the orange jerseys with the orange pants -

WOULD REALLY BE ORANGE THEN :salute:

scott.475
09-22-2008, 06:09 PM
I thought we had worn an all orange uniform once? Maybe I was dreaming. I tried finding a picture, but no luck.

broncospower6
09-22-2008, 06:14 PM
I think the orange jersey would go better with orange pants and even maybe a orange helmet

girler
09-22-2008, 06:17 PM
I think the orange jersey would go better with orange pants and even maybe a orange helmet

You are scary. :shocked:

broncospower6
09-22-2008, 06:18 PM

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/a1/fullj.3471f93f4bc09fb6cbd4a1f59e216cd6/3471f93f4bc09fb6cbd4a1f59e216cd6-getty-81705404dp025_new_orleans_s.jpg

Cutler would look bad ass in any uniform

scottxray
09-22-2008, 06:20 PM
Actually, I didn't like the Orange jerseys at all. We won, so the curse is broken, though, so I guess they were okay.

If we had lost , does anyone else think they would have gone back in the closet for another 5+ years?:beer:

AgentOrange
09-22-2008, 06:31 PM
I think the orange jerseys ROCKED. With white pants it brought on flashbacks from the old days. Or maybe that was the brownies...

girler
09-22-2008, 06:33 PM
I think the orange jerseys ROCKED. With white pants it brought on flashbacks from the old days. Or maybe that was the brownies...

Where have you been?

AgentOrange
09-22-2008, 06:45 PM
Where have you been?
Ummm....eating brownies?

girler
09-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Ummm....eating brownies?

Can't knock ya for that.

beezer
09-22-2008, 08:18 PM
excuse me while beeezer kills the curse.

Meck77
09-22-2008, 08:32 PM
Mock?

beezer
09-22-2008, 08:40 PM
meow?

ktrain
09-22-2008, 10:16 PM

I hate those ******* things. get rid of the tacky shit orange jerseys

SureShot
09-22-2008, 10:39 PM

Is that a Javon Walker you got on the close out rack?

horsepig
09-22-2008, 11:15 PM
The orange jerseys are the BOMB, MAN!

SureShot
09-22-2008, 11:16 PM
I hate those ******* things. get rid of the tacky shit orange jerseys

You must have hopped on the bandwagon in 97/98.

Kaylore
09-22-2008, 11:41 PM

This is so full of win!

Bronco Yoda
09-22-2008, 11:43 PM
Was it really the curse of the orange jersey or was it the curse of ELAM in the Orange Jersey. !?!?

The first time, on Nov. 24, 2002, the Broncos lost in overtime to Indianapolis in part because in regulation, Jason Elam missed the first extra point in his then nine-year career. The second time, on a snowy, Nov. 28, 2004, the Broncos blew an 11-point, fourth-quarter lead and lost to the Oakland Raiders 25-24 when a short Elam field goal in the final seconds was blocked.

Hmmmmm. Maybe it's safe to wear the Orange again now that Elam is gone?

smalltowngrll
09-23-2008, 04:01 PM
The only thing missing was the old helmets!

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAGW249_8x10-RollingAction~John-Elway-Posters.jpg

This is what all orange would look like...

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/ill/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/beutjer_john.jpg

(no, it's not Elway...it's the Illini uni) And, ewwww, just not cutting it!

ktrain
09-24-2008, 12:16 AM
You must have hopped on the bandwagon in 97/98.

1975 actually...... floyd little, john keyworth, lyle alzado, craig morton, randy gradishar, tom Jackson.........the Orange Crush.

I like orange back then, but that was a different shade of orange (almost red) with the cool old school blue helmets.

This is a different era and a different team. I have always thought the retro uniforms for all teams are ghey, regardless of who is wearing them

Bronco Bible
09-24-2008, 08:56 AM
The only thing missing was the old helmets!

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAGW249_8x10-RollingAction~John-Elway-Posters.jpg

This is what all orange would look like...

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/ill/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/beutjer_john.jpg

(no, it's not Elway...it's the Illini uni) And, ewwww, just not cutting it!

Oldschool:beer:

SarahKay
09-24-2008, 03:09 PM
I sometimes wish we wore the orange all the time. Such a great color and sticks out. We should wear them more often.

I do like the all blue though.. the blue pants make them look like Spider-Man or something. :cool::laugh:

blueblood15
12-03-2008, 12:38 AM
I faintly remember hearing that we would wear Orange twice this season and this would be the second game(NO being the other). I also have heard a couple people mention it this week but have not seen confirmation anywhere. Anybody know if this is true?

Italianmobstr7
12-03-2008, 02:06 AM

I faintly remember hearing that we would wear Orange twice this season and this would be the second game(NO being the other). I also have heard a couple people mention it this week but have not seen confirmation anywhere. Anybody know if this is true?

Yes we will be wearing them Sunday when we put a beatdown on the Chiefs (hopefully). I love the alternate orange. I hope we can win this game Sunday so that we can see them more often in the future.

Shazam!
12-03-2008, 02:22 AM
I miss Denver's old uniforms and the :defense: logo...

Maybe when/if they ever make a new uniform in the future they'll update the classic.

Italianmobstr7
12-03-2008, 03:08 AM

Maybe when/if they ever make a new uniform in the future they'll update the classic.

Doubtful. We're in a new era now. The dark blue and orange is the new-age Broncos and the Super Bowl WINNING Broncos. They won't update the oldies. We'll be lucky to see them wear them more than once or twice every 5 years.

fcspikeit
12-03-2008, 03:20 AM

It would be great if we whore the old helmets and uniforms at least once a year.

I miss the old blue and orange :sad:

Magnificent Seven
12-03-2008, 03:27 AM
I think they are going to wear the orange jerseys on Dec. 21st against the Bills. They might move this game to prime time game on Sunday.

Nomad
12-03-2008, 05:19 AM
That would be great as far as the primetime because we will be traveling to Wa state and in a hotel by that time, plus who would want to watch SD@TB anyway over a BRONCOS/Bills game:coffee::D

Italianmobstr7
12-03-2008, 12:20 PM
I think they are going to wear the orange jerseys on Dec. 21st against the Bills. They might move this game to prime time game on Sunday.

go up a few posts and read. Were wearing them THIS Sunday. It's against league rules to switch when you wear your alternate jerseys. They tell the league before the season if they'll be wearing alternates. Were wearing them this Sunday against the Chiefs. We might see the all blue against the Bills.

Medford Bronco
12-03-2008, 12:22 PM
I would go with the White as we are winning on the road this year.

I love the alternate orange but I like good karma we are having now on the road.

Magnificent Seven
12-03-2008, 03:07 PM
wear white at home. Just like Dallas Cowboys.

Italianmobstr7
12-03-2008, 04:07 PM
wear white at home. Just like Dallas Cowboys.

No. It's not about the jersey. It's about the attitude. Plus wearing white like the Cowboys at home is GHEY. Denver comes to home and they get some sort of comfort or feeling thinking they should just win because they're at home. But on the road, they don't get that feeling. They feel like their backs are against the wall and they NEED to win. If Denver plays with the same sense of urgency that they did against the Jets, then we will blow out the Chiefs.

Medford Bronco
12-03-2008, 04:10 PM
No. It's not about the jersey. It's about the attitude. Plus wearing white like the Cowboys at home is GHEY. Denver comes to home and they get some sort of comfort or feeling thinking they should just win because they're at home. But on the road, they don't get that feeling. They feel like their backs are against the wall and they NEED to win. If Denver plays with the same sense of urgency that they did against the Jets, then we will blow out the Chiefs.

why is is ghey. who cares as long as we win

the blue on blue is more ghey (more like puke in mouth really) than the white

BroncoWave
12-03-2008, 08:57 PM

The blue on blue is our best uniform. I wish we would wear that for all our home games (other than the 2 where we wear orange)

JKcatch724
12-03-2008, 09:52 PM
The blue on blue is sick. I hate the orange jerseys.

Italianmobstr7
12-03-2008, 09:56 PM

It's ghey because it's just a copy cat of the freaking worthless Dallas Cowboys. You wear your dark colored HOME jerseys at home and your white AWAY jerseys on the road. It's stupid to try to switch it up. The Blue on Blue is mean looking. The orange alternate is pretty cool. I don't hate any of our jerseys. I like all of them. I just wouldn't like if we wore our away jerseys while playing a home game is all.

Italianmobstr7
12-03-2008, 09:58 PM
The blue on blue is sick. I hate the orange jerseys.

I don't understand how a Broncos fan can HATE the orange jerseys.... Forever our jerseys were orange... It's just natural for the Broncos to wear orange. Like I said above, I like all of the teams jerseys, but it's especially cool when we break out the orange, the all blue, and I think the all white away jerseys are pretty slick too.

gobroncsnv
12-03-2008, 10:01 PM
We had our first SB win in the new blue ones... that is when they became my favorite...

JKcatch724
12-03-2008, 10:30 PM
I don't understand how a Broncos fan can HATE the orange jerseys.... Forever our jerseys were orange... It's just natural for the Broncos to wear orange. Like I said above, I like all of the teams jerseys, but it's especially cool when we break out the orange, the all blue, and I think the all white away jerseys are pretty slick too.

Its not that I don't like orange for the Broncos, I just don't think it compliments our new unis. Plus, they still remind me of that Raiders loss in the snow. :tsk:

Instead of the alternate orange, I would LOVE to see them do throwbacks once or twice a year.

Magnificent Seven
12-03-2008, 10:59 PM
I wish that they could switch back to old school uniform and keep it for a long time. Haze Blue helmet with D logo and orange jersey.

sacmar
12-04-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm another who loves the orange jersey's.....our main freakin color is orange for christ's sake, that'd be like a raider saying he hates the black jersey's.

Medford Bronco
12-04-2008, 05:34 PM
It's ghey because it's just a copy cat of the freaking worthless Dallas Cowboys. You wear your dark colored HOME jerseys at home and your white AWAY jerseys on the road. It's stupid to try to switch it up. The Blue on Blue is mean looking. The orange alternate is pretty cool. I don't hate any of our jerseys. I like all of them. I just wouldn't like if we wore our away jerseys while playing a home game is all.

I love the orange but like the old school orange better than the alternate 3rd jersey. I wish we would wear them more. The last time was on Thanksgiving in 2001 at Dallas I believe

I only despise the blue on blue which makes us look so collegelike.

I hate all one color (except for white it is okay)
Like Seattle, Buffalo and the Saints, those all remind me of college teams

Medford Bronco
12-04-2008, 05:36 PM
The blue on blue is our best uniform. I wish we would wear that for all our home games (other than the 2 where we wear orange)

I disagree but as long as we win I can accept them.

GEM
12-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Its not that I don't like orange for the Broncos, I just don't think it compliments our new unis. Plus, they still remind me of that Raiders loss in the snow. :tsk:

Instead of the alternate orange, I would LOVE to see them do throwbacks once or twice a year.

I want the throwback helmets. :rockon:

GEM
12-04-2008, 06:01 PM
I love the orange but like the old school orange better than the alternate 3rd jersey. I wish we would wear them more. The last time was on Thanksgiving in 2001 at Dallas I believe

I only despise the blue on blue which makes us look so collegelike.

I hate all one color (except for white it is okay)
Like Seattle, Buffalo and the Saints, those all remind me of college teams

The Jets uni's they've been wearing this season look collegiate.

Medford Bronco
12-04-2008, 06:31 PM
The Jets uni's they've been wearing this season look collegiate.

you mean the NY Titans blue and gold :lol:

GEM
12-04-2008, 06:39 PM

They are god awful!

Medford Bronco
12-04-2008, 06:43 PM
They are god awful!

lol here you go (puke)

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eRgbyXeP4bd4/610x.jpg

GEM
12-04-2008, 07:14 PM
lol here you go (puke)

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eRgbyXeP4bd4/610x.jpg

Dammmmmit John. The memory of them was bad enough!!!

:laugh:

JKcatch724
12-04-2008, 08:02 PM
I want the throwback helmets. :rockon:

I would love to see a modernized version of the throwbacks. I don't know if it can be done without changing it too much, but it sounds like it'd be a good idea :lol:

Magnificent Seven
12-05-2008, 02:51 AM
Are they going to wear orange jerseys on this Sunday? I couldn't find the link around here.

PatricktheDookie
12-05-2008, 03:33 AM
Am I the only one who hates cool, stylish jerseys?

The dumber that jerseys look, the more character they have to them. I love the Jets uni's for that reason, the old Broncos jerseys, and anything else that stands out and has personality.

JKcatch724
12-05-2008, 04:31 AM

The dumber that jerseys look, the more character they have to them. I love the Jets uni's for that reason, the old Broncos jerseys, and anything else that stands out and has personality.

I think most people agree that they like the old jerseys

Magnificent Seven
12-05-2008, 05:44 AM
If they decided to go back to old school uniform, it would look cool on Cutler.

Italianmobstr7
12-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Are they going to wear orange jerseys on this Sunday? I couldn't find the link around here.

Yes they're wearing the alternate orange on Sunday. Not the old throwbacks.

Italianmobstr7
12-08-2008, 12:24 AM
2-0 in the orange this year. The curse is broken!!! Finally!

Shazam!
12-08-2008, 01:28 AM

I like Denver's classic colors and logo better :defense: but I like the NYJ logo before they went with the throwback to their roots. I can hope Denver will do that one day...

CrazyHorse
12-08-2008, 01:58 AM

Those are my personal favorite jerseys ever. I had to buy a Favre one.

Magnificent Seven
12-08-2008, 02:36 AM
2-0 in the orange this year. The curse is broken!!! Finally!

Can they wear the orange jerseys in the playoff?

Italianmobstr7
12-08-2008, 02:36 AM
Those are my personal favorite jerseys ever. I had to buy a Favre one.

I hope that you're kidding. Those jerseys make me want to throw up. The fact that you said it's a Favre jersey makes it about 100 times worse too. :throwup:

Simple Jaded
12-08-2008, 03:10 AM
I love those orange jersey's, much better than the blue-on-blue.......

CrazyHorse
12-08-2008, 03:17 AM
I hope that you're kidding. Those jerseys make me want to throw up. The fact that you said it's a Favre jersey makes it about 100 times worse too. :throwup:

I'm serious. I love the Navy colors. My friend wanted to burn it. My second favorite are the Lions throwbacks. The Raiders and Chiefs jerseys are hideously ugly. So are the powder blue Charger ones. I do like the Black Chiefs uniforms though.