PDA

View Full Version : The Chronicles of Narnia

MOtorboat
12-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Thought I'd start a thread about this, since I'm watching it.

Love Prince Caspian so far.

One quick disappointment to mention here...they meet Caspian in the woods rather than when they save him from the Witch and the Werewolf in Aslan's Howe...I'm sure it was to eliminate the sinister side of Nikibrik, but still somewhat of a disappointment.

Aslan's Howe is quite impressive compared to how I always thought it looked...the interpretation by the movie makers was clearly that the Narnians kept it up and revered it, while I believe the literal interpretation from the book was that it was overgrown and basic caves...

Slight difference, but still doesn't take away from the overall impact of the movie, imo.

MOtorboat
12-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Interesting...Edwrds little foray into the castle has me a little baffled, but intrigued.

MOtorboat
12-02-2008, 08:33 PM
The choice of the Spanish Heartthrob for Caspian is actually bugging me at this point of the film, with the whole retarded love plot between him and Susan and the incestuous jealousy by Peter...:tsk:

Northman
12-03-2008, 01:54 AM
Yea, i wasnt as enthralled with Caspian as i was with the Lion, Witch. and Wardrobe.

Kapaibro
12-03-2008, 02:18 AM
The choice of the Spanish Heartthrob for Caspian is actually bugging me at this point of the film, with the whole retarded love plot between him and Susan and the incestuous jealousy by Peter...:tsk:

Ben Barnes who plays Caspian is English. He based the accent off Inigo Montoya from the Princess Bride.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1602660/bio

Poet
12-06-2008, 03:33 PM
I thought it was a really good movie.

I didn't see the jealousy as incestous, so much as Peter being irked that he wasn't being backed up all the way by the family.

sneakers
12-07-2008, 01:22 AM
It's got flipping' talking lions in it! How could you get any more awesome than that (well maybe if it had a missle launcher strapped to its back)