PDA

View Full Version : Now that the preseason is over...

MasterShake
09-02-2011, 07:30 AM
Who do you think we would miss the MOST from injury on each side of the ball. Don't consider things like who you want at starting QB, but try to consider that we (as we probably are) are trying to be a competitive football team.

Right now to me its a no brainer.

On offense my first thought was Orton, but without Brandon Lloyd we basically have a bunch of slot/possession receivers and no deep threat. If Brandon went down, our offense goes from vanilla to plain very quickly. I think the only receiver even close to him as far as talent may be Eddie Royal but you don't see him jumping 8 feet in the air to make circus catches.

On defense it would have to be without a doubt Dumervil. Sure Von Miller had a breakout game against Seattle, but it was because the pocket was being collapsed like a vice grip on BOTH sides usually starting with Doom.

So anyway, knock on wood first then share your thoughts.

Tned
09-02-2011, 07:38 AM
Who do you think we would miss the MOST from injury on each side of the ball. Don't consider things like who you want at starting QB, but try to consider that we (as we probably are) are trying to be a competitive football team.

Right now to me its a no brainer.

On offense my first thought was Orton, but without Brandon Lloyd we basically have a bunch of slot/possession receivers and no deep threat. If Brandon went down, our offense goes from vanilla to plain very quickly. I think the only receiver even close to him as far as talent may be Eddie Royal but you don't see him jumping 8 feet in the air to make circus catches.

On defense it would have to be without a doubt Dumervil. Sure Von Miller had a breakout game against Seattle, but it was because the pocket was being collapsed like a vice grip on BOTH sides usually starting with Doom.

So anyway, knock on wood first then share your thoughts.

Well, I don't think Orton is as far ahead of the others guys as it would appear, because there is so much of a difference between the first and second team O-Lines.

So, I would probably go with Clady. It's actually possible that we could survive one OL going down, but not sure.

On defense, hard to say, but I think your Doom pick is a good call for good reasons.

vandammage13
09-02-2011, 07:52 AM
We really can't afford to lose Brady Quinn..

Dude was a beast last night.

BroncoNut
09-02-2011, 07:58 AM
First of all MS, I find it annoying when someone asks me what I think on a certain matter and then directs me on how I should think on it before replying. it's like buying a sandwhich and then having the salesperson tell you what to put on it/basically how to eat it. But to answer your question

I think I agree with you on Lloyd. I think Tebow would pick up the reins well enough with the fall of Orton

On D, I would hate to see Dumerville go down also, ... for the reasons you state. my second would be Champ, but the other side to the field is being exploited by opposing offenses anyway so it's basically tit for tat there.

claymore
09-02-2011, 07:59 AM
Without a doubt Orton would be missed the most. Our 2nd and 3rd string QB's SUCK.

I see the point about Lloyd, but at least Orton could dump it off to a TE or something. Those other 2 Jabrones are terrible.

vandammage13
Seriously though...we will be in trouble if we get hit with injuries on the o-line. We have zero depth back there.

Probably doom or champ on the d side.

BroncoStud
Well, I don't think Orton is as far ahead of the others guys as it would appear, because there is so much of a difference between the first and second team O-Lines.

So, I would probably go with Clady. It's actually possible that we could survive one OL going down, but not sure.

On defense, hard to say, but I think your Doom pick is a good call for good reasons.

Man, you were right. Afther the 1st team offensive line we are horrible. Absolutely horrible. Tebow barely had time to end his drop before he had guys all over him. It was pathetic.

BroncoStud
09-02-2011, 08:01 AM
Without a doubt Orton would be missed the most. Our 2nd and 3rd string QB's SUCK.

I see the point about Lloyd, but at least Orton could dump it off to a TE or something. Those other 2 Jabrones are terrible.

Orton might look WORSE than either one of our backups if he had to play a down with the 2nd/3rd team offensive lines. They are total garbage and he would get killed back there.

claymore
09-02-2011, 08:07 AM
Orton might look WORSE than either one of our backups if he had to play a down with the 2nd/3rd team offensive lines. They are total garbage and he would get killed back there.

I doubt that. You guys over exaggerate the 2nd/3rd string O line to make yourselfs feel better about Tebows play.

He had plenty of time on multiple plays. His problem is that the play breaks down if his primary receiver is covered. He cant run every time in the NFL.

UnderArmour
09-02-2011, 08:07 AM
Definitely Doom on defense. Losing Doom last year cost is at least 3 or 4 wins, especially against the Jets and Chiefs(at Arrowhead). Not having him to generate a pass rush kills our defense. Other than Doom, losing Von would be pretty bad too.

On offense losing Orton wouldn't be a huge loss because Tebow could step in and win games for us. We can lose Lloyd and still be fine because we're deep at receiver and might even get D Thomas back late in the year. I like what I've seen from Riley in the preseason but we'll see if he can translate that to the regular season against more quality corner backs. Royal and Decker could fill a void left by Lloyd and we have the depth to not take a huge drop off from moving people up. The worst loss on offense we could take is Clady or Franklin. We've seen what happened when we lost Harris and what even one weak link in an offensive line can do. Everybody on the O Line has to stay healthy or we're screwed. Franklin will be a force in the running game just like Otah was for Fox. We'll be good this year if we can keep our O Line healthy and Doom is good to go.

Dreadnought
09-02-2011, 08:11 AM
I doubt that. You guys over exaggerate the 2nd/3rd string O line to make yourselfs feel better about Tebows play.

He had plenty of time on multiple plays. His problem is that the play breaks down if his primary receiver is covered. He cant run every time in the NFL.

Objectively Tebow has actually played very well in preseason, Clay. I fear you may be becoming as blinded as some of the Gator Honks, and I pray that does not happen to you.

GB2

I'd say we'd miss Clady or Doom the most

claymore
09-02-2011, 08:17 AM
Objectively Tebow has actually played very well in preseason, Clay. I fear you may be becoming as blinded as some of the Gator Honks, and I pray that does not happen to you.

GB2

I'd say we'd miss Clady or Doom the most

His stats looked good on paper last night, but it doesnt accuratley reflect his play. He was bad. If it wasnt for a wide open riley, he would have looked a lot worse.

chazoe60
09-02-2011, 08:26 AM
If anyone of our starting OL goes down Orton will not be far behind. Could you imagine the carnage of Orton playing behind the OLs Quinn and Tebow have been stuck behind his preseason?

vandammage13
09-02-2011, 08:28 AM

Why would we need to bash the 2nd/3rd Oline to make ourselves feel better about Tebow's play?

------------------------------------------------
Tebow's final Preseason #'s:
20/31, 64.5%, 310 Yds, 1 TD, 0 INTs, 108.3 QBR

8 Rush, 55 Yds, 6.9 YPC

I would like to have seen more scoring from him, but I'd say he looked pretty decent overall, especially given how crappy he supposedly is. I am impressed that he did a good job in not turning the ball over.

Rex
09-02-2011, 08:28 AM
If anyone of our starting OL goes down Orton will not be far behind. Could you imagine the carnage of Orton playing behind the OLs Quinn and Tebow have been stuck behind his preseason?

My thoughts exactly.

That backup OL is a shit show. Hochstein should be selling cars

chazoe60
09-02-2011, 08:31 AM
I wouldn't mind if every single one of our backup OL was cut and replaced with waiver wire guys. I can't think of a one of them that should be on an NFL roster.

Why the Hell haven't we signed Gurode yet?

claymore
09-02-2011, 08:34 AM
Why would we need to bash the 2nd/3rd Oline to make ourselves feel better about Tebow's play?

Tebow's final Preseason #'s:
20/31, 64.5%, 310 Yds, 1 TD, 0 INTs, 108.3 QBR

8 Rush, 55 Yds, 6.9 YPC

I would like to have seen more scoring from him, but I'd say he looked pretty decent overall, especially given how crappy he supposedly is.

Dont forget the fumbles. 3 games 1 TD in trash time against 3 stringers. :harf:

You guys bash Orton, but he has outscored the opponents 34-9

vandammage13
09-02-2011, 08:34 AM
His stats looked good on paper last night, but it doesnt accuratley reflect his play. He was bad. If it wasnt for a wide open riley, he would have looked a lot worse.

That sounds like the same illogical thinking that Merril Hoge has (He said Tebow's long throw to Matt Willis against Dallas wasn't impressive because he was throwing from a clean pocket).

vandammage13
09-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Dont forget the fumbles. 3 games 1 TD in trash time against 3 stringers. :harf:

You guys bash Orton, but he has outscored the opponents 34-9

He didn't lose those fumbles....

And I haven't bashed Orton (not yet, anyway.)

Rex
09-02-2011, 08:36 AM
I wouldn't mind if every single one of our backup OL was cut and replaced with waiver wire guys. I can't think of a one of them that should be on an NFL roster.

Why the Hell haven't we signed Gurode yet?

He wont take back up pay.

But I agree. There wasnt s guy last night playing that could start for anyone else.

claymore
09-02-2011, 08:36 AM
That sounds like the same illogical thinking that Merril Hoge has (He said Tebow's long throw to Matt Willis against Dallas wasn't impressive because he was throwing from a clean pocket).

I will give him his trash time TD. Its his, he was there for it, and he did what he was supposed to do.

The rest of the time he was running around like a chicken with his head cut off, hanging receivers out to dry.

He looked bad against 3rd stringers.

Dreadnought
09-02-2011, 08:37 AM

Clay is way smarter than Merrill Hoge. I swear to G-d he is. I met him and everything. Surely its not possible he has become as great an idiot as Hoge is, barring a head injury of some sort.

You OK Claymore?

vandammage13
09-02-2011, 08:41 AM
I will give him his trash time TD. Its his, he was there for it, and he did what he was supposed to do.

The rest of the time he was running around like a chicken with his head cut off, hanging receivers out to dry.

He looked bad against 3rd stringers.

I think that you could argue that he didn't look great, but I have a hard time buying into any notion that he looked bad.

At worst he's proven to be servicable in my opinion.

Sorry to the OP for derailing the thread...another topic for another thread.

claymore
09-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Clay is way smarter than Merrill Hoge. I swear to G-d he is. I met him and everything. Surely its not possible he has become as great an idiot as Hoge is, barring a head injury of some sort.

You OK Claymore?

Im fantastic. I just dont see in Tebow what others do. I dont believe in unicorns or 3 tittied women either.

claymore
09-02-2011, 08:46 AM
I think that you could argue that he didn't look great, but I have a hard time buying into any notion that he looked bad.

I was hoping for alot more. The dude looked rough to me. Saying that, Quin is garbage. I wouldnt even let him ride the team plane home.

We are screwed if Orton goes down, might as well let Tebow have a chance when and if Ortons ankles burst into flames around game 5.

MOtorboat
09-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Im fantastic. I just dont see in Tebow what others do. I dont believe in unicorns or 3 tittied women either.

You're not alone in your thinking, Clay. His one read and get out of the pocket antics, only to then throw a terrible pass over the middle once he got out of the pocket won't fly. He almost got one receiver beheaded and a second throw was high, and only a lucky one-handed grab by the receiver bailed him out.

The Arizona announcers on the touchdown even broke down how poorly the cornerback played it. You think Brandon Flowers is going to let a receiver on a simple go route get that open in November in Arrowhead?

I don't. This team is in trouble if Orton goes down. Like, Andrew Luck trouble.

I think it's pretty obvious who the key to the defense is, and that's Dumervil.

BeefStew25
09-02-2011, 08:51 AM
You're not alone in your thinking, Clay. His one read and get out of the pocket antics, only to then throw a terrible pass over the middle once he got out of the pocket won't fly. He almost got one receiver beheaded and a second throw was high, and only a lucky one-handed grab by the receiver bailed him out.

The Arizona announcers on the touchdown even broke down how poorly the cornerback played it. You think Brandon Flowers is going to let a receiver on a simple go route get that open in November in Arrowhead?

Okay that is a bit dramatic.

MOtorboat
09-02-2011, 08:53 AM
Okay that is a bit dramatic.

Kirk Cousins bad?

claymore

I was honestly worried about the receivers last night. I thought he was going to get someone killed.

Sapp called him the clothes line last night. Cause he was hanging receivers out to dry.

BroncoNut

You OK Claymore?

why is everyone on this forum way smarter than someone who is A) a banned member of the forum, or B) one who has never been a member here?

SOCALORADO.
09-02-2011, 08:56 AM

NAiled it. Tebow had plenty of time on a number of plays.
He is completely lost in a pro-style offense.
He cant play from the pocket, its obvious, the commentators noted it, and everyone else watched it.
His 1st read is covered, he just runs around.
And every team in the NFL knows this. They simply play man to man in coverage, and TT is toast.
All of the QBs suck.

BroncoNut
09-02-2011, 08:57 AM
He is completely lost in a pro-style offense.
He cant play from the pocket, its obvious, the commentators noted it, and everyone else watched it.
His 1st read is covered, he just runs around.
And every team in the NFL knows this. They simply play man to man in coverage, and TT is toast.
All of the QBs suck.

I'm afraid I agree with that. I was watching his reads last night. Doesn't mean he can't be developed.

SOCALORADO.
09-02-2011, 08:57 AM

Sorry to the OP for derailing the thread...another topic for another thread.

He looked bad, deal with it.

PAINTERDAVE
09-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Deal is...

our depth is so paper thin..
it is obvious that ANY significant injuries are going to
hamstring this team.

The O-line is crucial...
clady, Walton, beadles..
any of those guys goes down we have trouble.

Franklin... if he gets the rookie jitters and the seasoned pros
take advantage of the young guy's inexperience..

chances are good that this team aint gonna light anything up
except the Christmas tree lights in december.

It is a rebuilding year..
I just dont see the rosey scenario where
we make the playoffs in a miracle run.

My biggest fear?

Since we will flounder after any injuries..

Orton's Big Free Agent Showcase
looks like the crap we know he really is...
Kyle gets no interest from other teams....
and we sign him to a cheap extension.

That is like a NIGHTMARE scenario.

Not moving on from Orton in 2012. Blech.

BroncoNut
09-02-2011, 09:02 AM
the whole damn 2nd/3rd team looked bad. the O-line was terrible, the qbs looked like crap, receivers didn't seem to be able to get open. and on the other side of the ball, the secondardy sucked balls in particular. They're qb also looked great. (forget his name) Had some real nice balls and his receivers were, more often than not, wide the eff open. blame it on a tired d, blame it on a crappy o-line, whatever... the fact is last night was a terrible performance. and I think we are all kinda reeling from that this morning. so lick your wounds and let's move on

Dammit!!!!

MOtorboat
I was honestly worried about the receivers last night. I thought he was going to get someone killed.

Sapp called him the clothes line last night. Cause he was hanging receivers out to dry.

I wouldn't worry too much about what Sapp says, he played defense and he only won one Super Bowl.

vandammage13

3 tittied women do exist...Haven't you ever seen Total Recall?

claymore
09-02-2011, 09:04 AM
Deal is...

our depth is so paper thin..
it is obvious that ANY significant injuries are going to
hamstring this team.

The O-line is crucial...
clady, Walton, beadles..
any of those guys goes down we have trouble.

Franklin... if he gets the rookie jitters and the seasoned pros
take advantage of the young guy's inexperience..

chances are good that this team aint gonna light anything up
except the Christmas tree lights in december.

It is a rebuilding year..
I just dont see the rosey scenario where
we make the playoffs in a miracle run.

My biggest fear?

Since we will flounder after any injuries..

Orton's Big Free Agent Showcase
looks like the crap we know he really is...
Kyle gets no interest from other teams....
and we sign him to a cheap extension.

That is like a NIGHTMARE scenario.

Not moving on from Orton. Blech.

Thats pretty much how I feel about all of our QB's. Id be pissed if we had to keep Orton because we havent given up on Tebow.

We need a QB of the future. Unless Tebow finds a way to light it up, I hope we look into that position deeply in the off season.

PAINTERDAVE
09-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Thats pretty much how I feel about all of our QB's. Id be pissed if we had to keep Orton because we havent given up on Tebow.

We need a QB of the future. Unless Tebow finds a way to light it up, I hope we look into that position deeply in the off season.

I fully expect the team to draft a QB.

I see Tim competing with a rookie and a vet next season.
with the vet more in the role of the mentor to both.

I also fully expect this team to tank..
and that Tim will get a lot more experience in the back end of this season...
after the vets accept that the playoffs are NOT reality.

I think we WILL be finding out what Tim has..
and it may or may not be better than what we have seen with him
behind that crappy O-line.

SOCALORADO.
09-02-2011, 09:12 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about what Sapp says, he played defense and he only won one Super Bowl.

The interesting aspect of the discussion between KWarner, Sapp, Deion and Eisen is the fact that when discussing TT, they like him as a person, they like some of his athletic ability, but the whole discussion was a debate as to if TT could be THE BACK-UP!! NOT THE STARTER.
When Eisen finally brought up TT compared to Orton, all of them emphatically and without hesitation, said "No! No,no,no he isnt even close!"
Newsflash.
Kyle Orton is a career back-up!!!! WTH!!
Quinn and TT cant beat out a career back-up.
Thats not good.

Dear John Elway,
Please...
http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2011/08/04/Andrew-Luck-is-thrilled-to-be-back-at-Stanford-0893GKQ-x-large.jpg
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/31/0e/Matt%2BBarkley%2BUSC%2Bv%2BUCLA%2BzKC8tAESzP8l.jpg
http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/img/2010/09/11/091110-Landry-Jones-SW-PI_20100911202633_660_320.JPG

MasterShake
09-02-2011, 09:18 AM
[QUOTE=bronconut;1347436]First of all MS, I find it annoying when someone asks me what I think on a certain matter and then directs me on how I should think on it before replying. it's like buying a sandwhich and then having the salesperson tell you what to put on it/basically how to eat it. But to answer your question

QUOTE]

Just trying to avoid this thread going from "Who would we miss the most" to "I hope Orton gets hurt so Tebow can start".

Plus, I would never tell you how to eat a sandwich, but I will tell you how to make me one once you git back in the kitchen where you belong! :lol:

jhildebrand
09-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Offense-Clady-our o line will have some growing pains still. He is the anchor. Without Clady it would be ugly.

Defense-Dumervil-Hard to say really. But judging by last season I would go with Elvis. I understand we have a Real DC and a REAL defensive HC.

jhildebrand
09-02-2011, 09:32 AM
As for the TT detractors in this thread, I find it pretty interesting that many of you were quick to offer Quinn praise earlier in the preseason but can't do the same for TT now.

Quinn looked like garbage. There is no other way to put it and really no reason to look SO bad facing AZ's number 2's.

TT looked ok early on nothing to get excited about BUT he was able to move the chains when nothing was there. Later on, TT stayed in the pocket (if you can call it that) and delivered well placed throws despite pressure and contact. The long pass was a good representation of that. TT actually looked off the secondary. It was easily visible. Griese was actually complimentary in his call of Tebow.

Adam Weber, kid has stones. AZ was determined to throw all kinds of stuff at him. He got hit once and beat them the next play!

I would be perfectly content if our QB's ended up being Orton, TT, Weber. I am not so sure he doesn't get picked up after putting him on tape.

vandammage13
09-02-2011, 09:36 AM

He got one guy creamed...Not the first time a QB has laid a WR out to dry.

I'm not saying the guy is a HOF QB or even that he's ready to be a full time starter yet...

People continue to look for reasons to say the kid won't make it.

They always harp on how inaccurate he is...Awkward throwing motion, inability to read Defenses and all, he still managed to complete 64.5% of his passes through the presason. I see a marked improvement there.

That will be ignored and they will start harping on something else. Now he left one reciever out to dry and that will become the new thing to criticize as if it is the norm.

All I'm saying is this: As far behind as he supposedly is and he's still managing to produce, just give the kid time to develop and we might have something worth while under center.

vandammage13
09-02-2011, 09:43 AM
As for the TT detractors in this thread, I find it pretty interesting that many of you were quick to offer Quinn praise earlier in the preseason but can't do the same for TT now.

Quinn looked like garbage. There is no other way to put it and really no reason to look SO bad facing AZ's number 2's.

TT looked ok early on nothing to get excited about BUT he was able to move the chains when nothing was there. Later on, TT stayed in the pocket (if you can call it that) and delivered well placed throws despite pressure and contact. The long pass was a good representation of that. TT actually looked off the secondary. It was easily visible. Griese was actually complimentary in his call of Tebow.

4/12, 33% 26 Yds, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 7.6 QBR.....

Those are Quinns numbers....

Imagine if that were Tebow...the Media would be having a field day.

As far as this message board goes, I imagine the same people who are unimpressed with Tim's performance would be praising Brady Quinn if he had Tim's numbers from last night.

SOCALORADO.
09-02-2011, 09:44 AM
He got one guy creamed...Not the first time a QB has laid a WR out to dry.

I'm not saying the guy is a HOF QB or even that he's ready to be a full time starter yet...

People continue to look for reasons to say the kid won't make it.

They always harp on how inaccurate he is...Awkward throwing motion, inability to read Defenses and all, he still managed to complete 64.5% of his passes through the presason. I see a marked improvement there.

That will be ignored and they will start harping on something else. Now he left one reciever out to dry and that will become the new thing to criticize as if it is the norm.

All I'm saying is this: As far behind as he supposedly is and he's still managing to produce, just give the kid time to develop and we might have something worth while under center.

Stop making excuses, tebows terrible and no where near ready to even sniff a starting position. He left a bunch of recievers out to dry. He also almost got Gronk killed too, but he managed to avoid it, and make a circus catch. And JThomas looked at Tebow like he wanted to kill him after setting him up for a huge hit.
All of the QBs suck, and suck bad.

vandammage13
09-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Stop making excuses, tebows terrible and no where near ready to even sniff a starting position. He left a bunch of recievers out to dry. He also almost got Gronk killed too, but he managed to avoid it, and make a circus catch. And JThomas looked at Tebow like he wanted to kill him after setting him up for a huge hit.
All of the QBs suck, and suck bad.

If I'm making excuses then I could say that you are equally as guilty for making excuses against Tebow's numbers.

As far as our QB's sucking, I would only say that Quinn sucks. Orton isn't great, but I wouldn't say that he sucks. He is what he is, an average QB.

As far as Tebow sucking, when the numbers and production actually reflect your view of him let me know, as I'm still waiting on him to have an abysmal performance like Quinn had last night...until then I still say the kid has potential.

If Tim's as bad as they say, surely he would have had a game like that by now...

SOCALORADO.
09-02-2011, 09:57 AM
If I'm making excuses then I could say that you are equally as guilty for making excuses against Tebow's numbers.

As far as our QB's sucking, I would only say that Quinn sucks. Orton isn't great, but I wouldn't say that he sucks. He is what he is, an average QB.

As far as Tebow sucking, when the numbers and production actually reflect your view of him let me know...until then I still say the kid has potential.

The numbers game IS your excuse.
They dont matter to the FO, they dont matter to the HC and they dont matter to anyone whos sane and can clearly see that TT is not even remotely able to operate an NFL offense.
Your becoming pathetic with these lame attempts at trying to make tebow out to be productive. Hes terrible.
The commentators noted it, the folks at NFL network studios noted it, and everyone who watched the game, and isnt a homer tebow fan saw it yet again.
Oh and never mind the fact that all of these goofy, cheesy numbers come against 2nd and 3rd string guys who wont even make their respective teams, and were playing for their NFL lives last night.

CoachChaz
09-02-2011, 09:59 AM

4/12, 33% 26 Yds, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 7.6 QBR.....

Those are Quinns numbers....

Imagine if that were Tebow...the Media would be having a field day.

As far as this message board goes, I imagine the same people who are unimpressed with Tim's performance would be praising Brady Quinn if he had Tim's numbers from last night.

Thats how it works here.

But fast forward a year and pretend we just drafted either Luck, Barkley or Jones. Now pretend the kid has looked bad in the pre-season.

How many excuses do you figure we'll see and hear? im not a Tebow apologist, but what is the difference in allowing him to develop or waiting for a new rookie?

Most can and will deny it, but if the media thought Tebow had potential and talked about it, then all the sheep here would feel the same. Most hatred is simply fueled by what people hear...usually the same people that say they dont listen to the media and then turn around and repeat what they say.

Its monotonous, boring and uncreative.

vandammage13
09-02-2011, 10:00 AM
I know it has to eat the detractors alive that every time Tebow goes out he outplays their expectations of him.

I'm sure every game they are just waiting on him to have a game like Quinn had last night, but it just hasn't happened for them yet.

Amusing, really...

SOCALORADO.
09-02-2011, 10:03 AM
I know it has to eat the detractors alive that every time Tebow goes out he outplays their expectations of him.

I'm sure every game they are just waiting on him to have a game like Quinn had last night, but it just hasn't happened for them yet.

Amusing, really...

Yeah, now if only Tebow could beat out 2 career back-ups......after all, hes got the stats, right? You did fax over those stats to Fox this morning right?

vandammage13
09-02-2011, 10:05 AM
The numbers game IS your excuse.
They dont matter to the FO, they dont matter to the HC and they dont matter to anyone whos sane and can clearly see that TT is not even remotely able to operate an NFL offense.
Your becoming pathetic with these lame attempts at trying to make tebow out to be productive. Hes terrible.
The commentators noted it, the folks at NFL network studios noted it, and everyone who watched the game, and isnt a homer tebow fan saw it yet again.
Oh and never mind the fact that all of these goofy, cheesy numbers come against 2nd and 3rd string guys who wont even make their respective teams, and were playing for their NFL lives last night.

When has the FO ever said Tebow can't run an NFL offense?? Seems as though your putting your own thoughts in their mouth.

Obviously they feel Orton is the better option RIGHT NOW, but that doesn't mean they don't think Tebow can eventually become a productive starter in this league.

The guy is a work in progress...but again, I see more in his play to be optimistic than pessimistic.

You call me pathetic, but the feeling is mutual as I can see that you are willing to write off the guy before his second year even starts.

Slick
09-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Clay, socalorado, are you guys saying Tebow is finished as a qb and will never learn the position at the nfl level?

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoStud
09-02-2011, 10:08 AM

I'm not ever exxaggerating anything to justify anything. I could care less how Tebow plays or if he is on this roster next season, that goes for ALL of our quarterbacks, but that line was awful. There is a MAJOR drop in talent between our starters and our backups, and our backups don't look like NFL backups, they look like practice squad players.

vandammage13
09-02-2011, 10:10 AM
Yeah, now if only Tebow could beat out 2 career back-ups......after all, hes got the stats, right? You did fax over those stats to Fox this morning right?

I'm sure Fox saw the game and has seen the stat sheet (I don't have the fax # anyway)...I'm willing to bet that without even looking at the stats that Fox saw that the 2nd year guy outplayed a 5th year guy.

0 turnovers in 31 pass attempts this preseason...If he were as bad as you say, he would have had at least 1 turnover...

Yeah, yeah, he was playing against backups, I know, but I can just as easily make the same excuse and say he was playing with backups as well...

Northman
09-02-2011, 10:13 AM

Oh, we are way past that in terms of Clay. :lol:

SOCALORADO.
09-02-2011, 10:14 AM
I'm sure Fox saw the game and has seen the stat sheet (I don't have the fax # anyway)...I'm willing to bet that without even looking at the stats that Fox saw that the 2nd year guy outplayed a 5th year guy.

Now your putting words in Fox' mouth.
Nice.

jhildebrand
09-02-2011, 10:16 AM
He left a bunch of recievers out to dry. .

Orton also does this consistently so why hold it ONLY against TT :confused:

The WR almost always has to adjust to Orton's pass.

The fact is you continue to say the same things about TT that he either completely demonstrated the oppostie i.e. he only tucks the ball and runs :lol: Go back and look at his 11 passes. Or you say things about TT that hold just as true for Orton.

Orton will be gone next year. My guess is our QB situation will look like TT, Adam Weber, DRAFTEE.

Northman
09-02-2011, 10:17 AM

This is actually totally false. While the kid was rough on some passes to flat out lie about his protection is pretty lame straight up dude.

BroncoStud
09-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Can we cut the rosther down to about 20? That's about how many NFL players we have.

vandammage13
Now your putting words in Fox' mouth.
Nice.

I said I would bet...Therefore not presenting it as fact....:coffee:

CoachChaz
Luck, Barkley and Jones will never succeed in the NFL.

SOCALORADO.
09-02-2011, 10:20 AM
When has the FO ever said Tebow can't run an NFL offense?? Seems as though your putting your own thoughts in their mouth.

Obviously they feel Orton is the better option RIGHT NOW, but that doesn't mean they don't think Tebow can eventually become a productive starter in this league.

The guy is a work in progress...but again, I see more in his play to be optimistic than pessimistic.

You call me pathetic, but the feeling is mutual as I can see that you are willing to write off the guy before his second year even starts.

The FO said tebow cant run an NFL offense when they made him 3rd string.
Or when he played last year ONLY after the starter was injured and the season was a loss.
Those were the FOs thoughts on the matter.
He will never be a productive starter in the league as long as he cant operate a pro-styler offense. And he cant. Showed last night.
Again, just becuase Tebow runs around and struggles against 3rd stringers who are going to be outta the league in a few days, doesnt mean hes even remotely close to being a starting calibur QB. Hes terrible. Deal with it.

BigDaddyBronco
09-02-2011, 10:20 AM

All of them are massive hacks.

Dreadnought
09-02-2011, 10:25 AM

I can only pray that if the bottom falls out and we pick number one next year that we immediately trade out of the spot and swindle some of poor bunch of saps...

Seriously? I have no certain knowledge than any of these guys are going to be any good or not, nor does anyone else. I just remember the assurances from an awful lot of experts that Ryan Leaf would far overshadow Peyton Manning

jhildebrand
09-02-2011, 10:25 AM

They did :confused:

Then wouldn't a guy like Elway who has been around football his entire life, Fox who has been a HC for a LONG time simply cut him? You're full of yourself here.

Or when he played last year ONLY after the starter was injured and the season was a loss.

Well using your logic above....Orton wasn't injured. Remember, the ribs weren't brought up until after the fact! Then there is also that little quote of Orton proclaiming he was throwing 60 yard bombs at practice leading up to the Oakland game.

And you accuse vandam of putting words in people's mouth.

He will never be a productive starter in the league as long as he cant operate a pro-styler offense. And he cant. Showed last night.

Now you just are trolling or you don't understand football. Even Griese had to offer praise of Tebow.

Again, just becuase Tebow runs around and struggles against 3rd stringers who are going to be outta the league in a few days, doesnt mean hes even remotely close to being a starting calibur QB. Hes terrible. Deal with it.

Haters gonna hate.

SOCALORADO.
09-02-2011, 10:26 AM
Clay, socalorado, are you guys saying Tebow is finished as a qb and will never learn the position at the nfl level?

He has not improved in any way as a QB.
Hes actually regressed a bit.
Maybe in 3 or 4 years he might learn the position and be somewhat proficient.

CoachChaz
09-02-2011, 10:27 AM

They are until they are given time to develop into NFL caliber QBs. Until then, they are just good college players.

Once they have a few seasons of OTAs and professional development and time with the first team, they may develop into good players. Until then...we dont know.

Unlike Tebow, who has had all the time, talent and opportunity in the world to develop into...oh wait...my mistake

Northman
09-02-2011, 10:28 AM
http://www.fantasycollegeblitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/stephen-garcia31.jpg

Look! Im SoCal!!!! Winning!

CoachChaz
09-02-2011, 10:30 AM

He has not improved in any way as a QB.
Hes actually regressed a bit.
Maybe in 3 or 4 years he might learn the position and be somewhat proficient.

I respect your insight, bro. But if this is truly how you want to word your assessment, I have to say it is borderline ludicrous.

vandammage13
09-02-2011, 10:31 AM

When did they make him 3rd string?? Still waiting on word of that.

Oh, you must have been listening to those media guys again.

Wow...Hard to believe that he didn't play sooner as a rookie...

Says you...and even if he can't run it now doesn't mean that he won't eventually be able to. You fail to look big picture here....

Again, just becuase Tebow runs around and struggles against 3rd stringers who are going to be outta the league in a few days, doesnt mean hes even remotely close to being a starting calibur QB. Hes terrible. Deal with it

Again...I can easily debunk that by saying he was playing alongside backups as well. He did run around and do the same thing against starters in the regular season last year (In case you forgot)...I think you need to deal with the fact that his performance on the field and what you and the MSM say about him just doesn't add up...

BigDaddyBronco
09-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Did squid rupture his achilles last night?

SOCALORADO.
They did :confused:

Then wouldn't a guy like Elway who has been around football his entire life, Fox who has been a HC for a LONG time simply cut him? You're full of yourself here.
No, cause you buy his jersey, so cutting him would be counter productive to the orginization.

Well using your logic above....Orton wasn't injured. Remember, the ribs weren't brought up until after the fact! Then there is also that little quote of Orton proclaiming he was throwing 60 yard bombs at practice leading up to the Oakland game.

He was injured. His ribs like you said.

And you accuse vandam of putting words in people's mouth.

:lol:

Now you just are trolling or you don't understand football. Even Griese had to offer praise of Tebow.

Haters gonna hate, which is why Tebows 3rd on the detph chart.

BroncoNut

can you say why coach?

Rex
09-02-2011, 10:35 AM

yes

SOCALORADO.
09-02-2011, 10:36 AM
When did they make him 3rd string?? Still waiting on word of that.

Oh, you must have been listening to those media guys again.
Are ALL the media guys wrong?

Wow...Hard to believe that he didn't play sooner as a rookie...

Says you...and even if he can't run it now doesn't mean that he won't eventually be able to. You fail to look big picture here....

Again...I can easily debunk that by saying he was playing alongside backups as well. He did run around and do the same thing against starters in the regular season last year (In case you forgot)...I think you need to deal with the fact that his performance on the field and what you and the MSM say about him just doesn't add up...

Then why isnt he starting? Tebow 3rd string. Enjoy.

BroncoStud
09-02-2011, 10:36 AM
I believe he's being sarcastic as that is what the pundits have been saying about Tebow after only 1 season and a lockout...

vandammage13
09-02-2011, 10:37 AM

I am starting to think that you are nothing more than a troll...

BroncoNut
09-02-2011, 10:37 AM
yeah, what's up with Tebow at 3rd string? when did that happen? I know I'm a bit dense, but I always thought he was 2nd string?

SOCALORADO.
09-02-2011, 10:39 AM
I respect your insight, bro. But if this is truly how you want to word your assessment, I have to say it is borderline ludicrous.

Its OK. I think hes terrible, you dont. We disagree. Deal with it.

BigDaddyBronco
09-02-2011, 10:39 AM
yes

Fvck. I thought he was looking better than Cox. Looks like Cox is on the team until he gets put in prison. They will probably look at waiver wire CB's.

Willis and Anderson might have better shots now as they can return punts. Either that or Eddie gets beat up returning punts again.

CoachChaz
09-02-2011, 10:40 AM

can you say why coach?

It was semi sarcasm...read a few posts up

BroncoNut
09-02-2011, 10:41 AM

o.k. thanks, I will

BroncoNut
09-02-2011, 10:44 AM

got it :2thumbs:

MOtorboat
09-02-2011, 10:45 AM

yes

Well...that's a problem. Hopefully Harvey can delay Cox's trial until late in the season, or after.

Maybe someone will cut a decent cornerback.

SOCALORADO.
09-02-2011, 10:46 AM
I believe he's being sarcastic as that is what the pundits have been saying about Tebow after only 1 season and a lockout...

Tebow is 3rd string. Hes always been 3rd string. The FO isnt announcing a depth chart. Theres no reason to. Orton will start, Quinn will be the back-up, and Tebow will be a wildcat guy. Thats it. Nothings changed.
Orton sucks too. Except when a poster is defending why tebow isnt starting. Then ortons pretty good. Quinn sucks too. Except when defending why tebow cant get more reps, then Quinn is a 5 year veteran whos been in the NFL and knows how to shine when it counts.
Teb;)ws ;)good ;)too! Except when you watch him drop back look at his 1st read, then run around like a chicken with his head cutt off, throw across his body, and get his WR laid out. Then he hasnt had enough time in a pro-style offense, and all he needs is a few more months or reg. season games or years of practice or coaches or better players or....its always an excuse.

BroncoNut
09-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Well...that's a problem. Hopefully Harvey can delay Cox's trial until late in the season, or after.

Maybe someone will cut a decent cornerback.

who is Harvey? Plus if I were Cox, my head wouldn't be in the game I wouldn' think. We need a corner

Northman
09-02-2011, 10:49 AM
http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Dan_Persa.jpg

BroncoStud
09-02-2011, 10:49 AM
I just rewatched all of Denver's offensive plays. Tebow played a thousand times better than Quinn and the protection from the offensive line was HORRIBLE.

For those who are bashing Tebow, and even Quinn to some degree, watch the game, see the protection. I'm always hard on Tebow for running so much but last night a lot of it was justified. That was simply a sad display of pass protection for 60 minutes. Even the TD throw to Riley was in a caving pocket. The sideline throws were pressured.

Our depth on the offensive line is really, REALLY bad.

By the way, Parrish Cox was horrible as well. He was beaten consistently. Also, how many times did I just see the Cardinals convert 3rd and long by running a crossing route while we played mis-matched man defense? It was just sad as well.

Tim Tebow hands down should be the 2nd stringer, and I think it's ABSURD we didn't get to see Orton play with the 2nd or 3rd stringers, if this was REALLY a QB competition with everyone having the same shot. I'm not sure Orton would have completed a pass behind that line last night.

chazoe60
09-02-2011, 10:54 AM
http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Sports/images-3/keanu-reeves-the-replacements.jpg

BroncoNut
09-02-2011, 10:56 AM
http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Sports/images-3/keanu-reeves-the-replacements.jpg

who is that? Keanu Reeves?

Northman
09-02-2011, 10:56 AM
http://content.internetvideoarchive.com/content/photos/034/001465_42.jpg

SOCALORADO.
09-02-2011, 10:57 AM
I just rewatched all of Denver's offensive plays. Tebow played a thousand times better than Quinn and the protection from the offensive line was HORRIBLE.

For those who are bashing Tebow, and even Quinn to some degree, watch the game, see the protection. I'm always hard on Tebow for running so much but last night a lot of it was justified. That was simply a sad display of pass protection for 60 minutes. Even the TD throw to Riley was in a caving pocket. The sideline throws were pressured.

Our depth on the offensive line is really, REALLY bad.

By the way, Parrish Cox was horrible as well. He was beaten consistently. Also, how many times did I just see the Cardinals convert 3rd and long by running a crossing route while we played mis-matched man defense? It was just sad as well.

Tim Tebow hands down should be the 2nd stringer, and I think it's ABSURD we didn't get to see Orton play with the 2nd or 3rd stringers, if this was REALLY a QB competition with everyone having the same shot. I'm not sure Orton would have completed a pass behind that line last night.

I watched the game and i completely disagree.
Stop blaming the O-line. It was bad at times, but Tebow had many plays where he simply runs before he even looks downfield. There was good protection on many pass plays from under center.
Tebow can only make his intitial read. then its off to the races. He doesnt even step up into the pocket, which was there for him. The defense knows this. They would never throw the blitzes that tebow gets at orton, or the majority of other QBs in the NFL. ARI would get burned mercilessly.
There were plays where the o-line had the DEs 7 yards behind tebow, and he ran towards them! WTH! He never steps up into the pocket, unless there really is a rush, which i commend him for. He needs to run at times, but unfortunaltely for tebow, his 1st thought is to run. The commentators made note of this during his 1st drive.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2011, 10:57 AM

This is what Vic Lombardi stated on that last night -

VicLombardi Vic Lombardi
That last play remains Tebow's biggest hurdle. The eyes don't scan the field. They look at the primary receiver and then for an alley to run
12 hours ago

http://twitter.com/#!/vicLombardi

SOCALORADO.
09-02-2011, 10:58 AM
http://content.internetvideoarchive.com/content/photos/034/001465_42.jpg

He plays in a pro style offense.
Draft him!

SOCALORADO.
09-02-2011, 11:00 AM

I am not bashing tebow. I am simply stating that he is 2-3 years away from being anywhere near to being a competent QB in the NFL. If he even could do it. I like the kid, really i do.

Northman
09-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Stop blaming the O-line. It was bad at times, but Tebow had many plays where he simply runs before he even looks downfield. There was good protection on many pass plays from under center.
Tebow can only make his intitial read. then its off to the races. He doesnt even step up into the pocket, which was there for him. The defense knows this. They would never throw the blitzes that tebow gets at orton, or the majority of other QBs in the NFL. ARI would get burned mercilessly.
There were plays where the o-line had the DEs 7 yards behind tebow, and he ran towards them! WTH! He never steps up into the pocket, unless there really is a rush, which i commend him for. He needs to run at times, but unfortunaltely for tebow, his 1st thought is to run. The commentators made note of this during his 1st drive.

Again, this is totally false. The protection was terrible and the pocket collapsed within seconds. The only difference was when Tebow and Quinn got some time Tebow was able to make things happen with his legs and complete throws while Quinn struggled to complete passes.

SOCALORADO.
09-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Again, this is totally false. The protection was terrible and the pocket collapsed within seconds. The only difference was when Tebow and Quinn got some time Tebow was able to make things happen with his legs and complete throws while Quinn struggled to complete passes.

The commentators didnt see it your way.
Neither did the NFL network guys.
But they are all "haters" right?

pnbronco
09-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Clady on O
Doom on D

That was the question I believe......:confused:

chazoe60
09-02-2011, 11:09 AM
http://media.screened.com/uploads/1/14902/525306-flash_jets1.jpg

Northman
09-02-2011, 11:10 AM
The commentators didnt see it your way.
Neither did the NFL network guys.
But they are all "haters" right?

Who knows. I take what they say with a grain of salt. Im not a sheeple. ;)

I trust what i see.

claymore
09-02-2011, 11:13 AM

Quinn Struggled to complete the huddle last night. He was alot worse than i thought he was. I liked his attitude going into this season, but last night was the time for that guy to shine and he layed a big stinky brown egg.

MasterShake
09-02-2011, 11:14 AM
http://media.screened.com/uploads/1/14902/525306-flash_jets1.jpg

If we draft him, we had better be blasting Queen when they run the two minute drill....

"FLASH... GOOOO-RDON! GONNA THROW-TO-BRANDON-LLOYD!!!"

chazoe60
09-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Am I the only person on the planet who loves that movie?

Northman
09-02-2011, 11:17 AM

No, i love it. And the princess but she got around quite a bit. Meh, i would still do her. :lol:

MasterShake
09-02-2011, 11:18 AM

^ Obviously not. I have that song on my iPod. I play it while driving on loop and go about 15MPH even on the highway.

NightTerror218
09-02-2011, 11:19 AM

Last night he did that what twice? Last drive he sat there and threw. He did step up and got sacked due to no protection and pocket collapsed. Commentators looked for anything to rip into him. Just like his 40+ yrd throw, they said it was just ok.

chazoe60
09-02-2011, 11:20 AM
My uncle had a betamax machine :laugh: I think I wore that tape out. That and the original Conan the Barbarian were my two favorite movies as a kid.

SOCALORADO.

No. I have a friend who has really short, thick, dark hair with a widows peak, and his name has been Ming since we were kids.
http://www.mondo-video.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/FlashGordon_01.jpg

claymore
Maybe its Tebow and Quinn making our depth look bad?

NightTerror218
I am not bashing tebow. I am simply stating that he is 2-3 years away from being anywhere near to being a competent QB in the NFL. If he even could do it. I like the kid, really i do.

No you dont. You absolutely dislike him. You hang on anything said bad about him. You ignore what he has to offer and bash him. You make assumptions with no merit.....2-3 yrs to get anywhere?

NightTerror218
09-02-2011, 11:21 AM

Maybe its everyone but the starting defense and then most of them too. F#@$ the broncos right? :tsk:

Seriously.

SOCALORADO.
09-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Last night he did that what twice? Last drive he sat there and threw. He did step up and got sacked due to no protection and pocket collapsed. Commentators looked for anything to rip into him. Just like his 40+ yrd throw, they said it was just ok.

Great! 2 plays. Whoopie.
So all commentators and analysts are biased, and evil and hate Tebow.
All of em.
Right got it.

claymore
09-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Maybe its everyone but the starting defense and then most of them too. F#@$ the broncos right? :tsk:

Seriously.

**** tebow and quinn. Love the Broncos. :salute:

NightTerror218
09-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Tebow is 3rd string. Hes always been 3rd string. The FO isnt announcing a depth chart. Theres no reason to. Orton will start, Quinn will be the back-up, and Tebow will be a wildcat guy. Thats it. Nothings changed.
Orton sucks too. Except when a poster is defending why tebow isnt starting. Then ortons pretty good. Quinn sucks too. Except when defending why tebow cant get more reps, then Quinn is a 5 year veteran whos been in the NFL and knows how to shine when it counts.
Teb;)ws ;)good ;)too! Except when you watch him drop back look at his 1st read, then run around like a chicken with his head cutt off, throw across his body, and get his WR laid out. Then he hasnt had enough time in a pro-style offense, and all he needs is a few more months or reg. season games or years of practice or coaches or better players or....its always an excuse.

Quinn shines when it counts? Like his stint in Cleveland, o right he was so good he was traded to us rather then being kept.

NightTerror218
09-02-2011, 11:24 AM
**** tebow and quinn. Love the Broncos. :salute:

I say **** Orton and Quinn and let the kid take a stab at it and then we can draft a QB next year. If Tebow does not improve much then we know what we got. But right now we are sitting on mediocre.

SOCALORADO.
09-02-2011, 11:25 AM
No you dont. You absolutely dislike him. You hang on anything said bad about him. You ignore what he has to offer and bash him. You make assumptions with no merit.....2-3 yrs to get anywhere?

NO. i dont dislike him. I actually like him as a person, but i can see the forest from the trees, and Tebows a long ways off.
I thinks its that you LOVE him, literally.
Its Ok to admit your in love with him.
Get in line, cause theres some serious competition for him just at this board.

Northman

Indeed. I had to hand it to Staples who is not a Tebow guy. Even HE thought the commentators were just looking for shit to give Tebow regardless of situation. It must be the "IN" thing to do while not using any common sense. See it here on the boards and in the media.

chazoe60
**** tebow and quinine and orton. Love the Broncos. :salute:

Fixed it for ya clay.

Let's not act like Orton has ever done shit for this franchise.

Northman
09-02-2011, 11:26 AM
My uncle had a betamax machine :laugh: I think I wore that tape out. That and the original Conan the Barbarian were my two favorite movies as a kid.

STILL love Conan. Although Destroyer was ok it was nothing like the original. ******* love that movie.

SOCALORADO.
I say **** Orton and Quinn and let the kid take a stab at it and then we can draft a QB next year. If Tebow does not improve much then we know what we got. But right now we are sitting on mediocre.

I am totally down with this idea. (Seriously! I am!)

Send your thoughts on papar to Vandammage, and he will fax them to Fox.

NightTerror218
Great! 2 plays. Whoopie.
So all commentators and analysts are biased, and evil and hate Tebow.
All of em.
Right got it.

THe media loves to jump on the hate tebow bandwagon....its the new thing to do. When was the last time the media said anything good period about him? All he has a former HOF QBs defending him. Such as Joe Montana.

Commentators and analysts are hypocrites right now and its pathetic. Look at how they compare Cam Newton to Tebow. Cam is worshiped for his ability to run on every play after making 1 read. Tebow is criticized for it. Many many former players have called them out on this too. Vic Lombardi had a hilarious rant about it too.

Northman
09-02-2011, 11:27 AM

Dont count on it. However, since we never got to see Horton work with the second stringers and vice versa we will truly never know.

claymore
09-02-2011, 11:27 AM

**** em all. I dont want to watch us lose on purpose though, so im not ready to concede on the Tebow start.

If Tebow starts, I hope he lights it up, if he doesnt, I hope he sucks ass so we can get past this experiment.

I would be SHOCKED if the QB of the future is on our roster.

NightTerror218
09-02-2011, 11:28 AM

Oh i there are some trolls in here that act like they are best friends with Elway and know what he thinks (not you) and I will send it to them instead.......like the troll of last nights game thread.......you know who you are if you are reading this ;)

claymore
09-02-2011, 11:28 AM
Dont count on it. However, since we never got to see Horton work with the second stringers and vice versa we will truly never know. Nor should we. He earned top spot.

Northman
09-02-2011, 11:29 AM
NO. i dont dislike him. I actually like him as a person, but i can see the forest from the trees, and Tebows a long ways off.

Thanks JR.

Sorry, had to do it. :lol:

vandammage13

I still need that fax #

chazoe60
Orton would be a complete disaster behind the shit OLs we've stuck Quinn and Tebow behind. I'm not saying that Quinn or Tebow would look better behind the #1 than Orton but I can guarantee that Orton would look much worse than them behind the #2.

NightTerror218
**** em all. I dont want to watch us lose on purpose though, so im not ready to concede on the Tebow start.

If Tebow starts, I hope he lights it up, if he doesnt, I hope he sucks ass so we can get past this experiment.

I would be SHOCKED if the QB of the future is on our roster.

Elway seems to think he might be. But he might be raw........I dont get your idea.....hate him for never playing and love him only if he is a bad ass out of the gates? Sounds like a twisted double standard to me.

MasterShake
09-02-2011, 11:30 AM
^ Obviously not. I have that song on my iPod. I play it while driving on loop and go about 15MPH even on the highway.

And just in case no one believes me (and also because I had a little break at work) here is the PROOF!

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/flashgordon.jpg

Northman
09-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Nor should we. He earned top spot.

Not sure if he earned it but he does have the most experience out of all 3.

NightTerror218
09-02-2011, 11:31 AM

I am tired of people attacking him before he has and good stint of playing time to prove how he can play in games. He is not strict pocket passes no doubting that but he has other aspects he brings to table.

Sorry no love for Tebow just a passionate dislike for Vyle Orton.

NightTerror218
09-02-2011, 11:32 AM

But wasn't it an open competition with all QBs receiving 1st team reps and equal opportunity to get seen with the same players and talent......o wait no only Orton get to work with 1st team talent and Quinn/Tebow had to work with our horrible leftovers.

NightTerror218
09-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Orton would be a complete disaster behind the shit OLs we've stuck Quinn and Tebow behind. I'm not saying that Quinn or Tebow would look better behind the #1 than Orton but I can guarantee that Orton would look much worse than them behind the #2.

Many fetal positions.

Nomad
BRONCOS are a week closer to kicking the Raiders ass:defense:!

Sorry I had nothing to add to the QB drama!:D

claymore
Elway seems to think he might be. But he might be raw........I dont get your idea.....hate him for never playing and love him only if he is a bad ass out of the gates? Sounds like a twisted double standard to me.

I dont hate him. I like the dude, just like everyone else.

Its not a double standard. I just dont want to waste years waiting on a dude to learn something that 1st round drafted QB's should already know.

I dont want EFX to be gun shy when it comes to drafting a QB next year.

In other words, I want the best for the team. I dont want to have to wait ten years for Tebow to learn how to be a 1st year QB.

Northman
09-02-2011, 11:34 AM

It is a double standard.

Had Tebow never come here to Denver and we ended up drafting Luck or Barkley and they struggled with just 3 games under their belt they would be making excuses all night and day to keep either of those two. The reality is it takes more than just a few snaps for a QB to get it together no matter if its Peyton Manning or Tim Tebow. Until we see more live game action from Tebow we wont know if he will progress or not. And the same will apply to any young QB past and present. But there are too many miss cleo's out there who think they can forsee the future. :lol:

Northman
09-02-2011, 11:35 AM

Lets hope so. If not, same ol same ol.

claymore
09-02-2011, 11:35 AM

He was the least shitty of a bad situation. By a long shot.

BroncoNut
09-02-2011, 11:37 AM

lol. yeah, what can one say. I tell you what. that was a boring game last night.

Northman
09-02-2011, 11:37 AM
He was the least shitty of a bad situation. By a long shot.

Nah, i really do think experience played a major role. Once Orton nixed the trade it left a tough position for Fox who had planned on going with Tebow initially. He couldnt in his right mind tell the team that a young QB was their best chance to win while sitting a vet. Its pretty common sense.

jhildebrand
09-02-2011, 11:38 AM
Also, how many times did I just see the Cardinals convert 3rd and long by running a crossing route while we played mis-matched man defense?

I really like Nate Irving BUT a lot of those were DIRECTLY on him. He bites on the run fake too much. He will need to learn, despite wanting to play the run, to let the play develop.

SOCALORADO.
09-02-2011, 11:40 AM
It is a double standard.

Had Tebow never come here to Denver and we ended up drafting Luck or Barkley and they struggled with just 3 games under their belt they would be making excuses all night and day to keep either of those two. The reality is it takes more than just a few snaps for a QB to get it together no matter if its Peyton Manning or Tim Tebow. Until we see more live game action from Tebow we wont know if he will progress or not. And the same will apply to any young QB past and present. But there are too many miss cleo's out there who think they can forsee the future. :lol:

No, i wouldnt. I would absolutely BASH them!
If 2 of the most polished Pro-Style QBs cant run the offense profeciently in DEN their 1st year, i will flip out!
North, they already know how to run the offense. There is no problem with their drop back, or their play action or their hot reads, or their reading of the defense. They ALREADY do it proficiently.
Tebow never did, never has and many believe just never will.
If you dont believe me, ask my girlfriend, she will explain this to you.
http://www.tedio.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/bryci-2.jpg

claymore
09-02-2011, 11:40 AM
It is a double standard.

He couldnt beat out Kyle Orton. The organization WANTED Tebow to be the starter. They had to insert Orton because Tebow was so raw/terrible.

If Luck or Barkley cant beat Orton out in ther 2nd year, they will get the same treatment from me.

jhildebrand
09-02-2011, 11:41 AM

Griese said as much. That was early on. Later Tebow was doing the exact opposite. The only difference is Griese had the integrity to point that out as well.

NightTerror218
09-02-2011, 11:44 AM
I dont hate him. I like the dude, just like everyone else.

Its not a double standard. I just dont want to waste years waiting on a dude to learn something that 1st round drafted QB's should already know.

I dont want EFX to be gun shy when it comes to drafting a QB next year.

In other words, I want the best for the team. I dont want to have to wait ten years for Tebow to learn how to be a 1st year QB.

It is. He is a QB that has talent but he needs time, not the 10 yrs you are saying but he got shit last year from McD or the other coaches. He is finally getting the coaching he needs. He is basically like a rookie and not have an off season hurt him more. It is known that Denver is one of the most critical fan bases for a QB because we are all looking for the new Elway and guess what t is not going to happen.

Northman
09-02-2011, 11:44 AM
No, i wouldnt. I would absolutely BASH them!
If 2 of the most polished Pro-Style QBs cant run the offense profeciently in DEN their 1st year, i will flip out!
North, they already know how to run the offense. There is no problem with their drop back, or their play action or their hot reads, or their reading of the defense. They ALREADY do it proficiently.
Tebow never did, never has and many believe just never will.
If you dont believe me, ask my girlfriend, she will explain this to you.
http://www.tedio.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/bryci-2.jpg

Your dating her too?

Unfortuantely the key word there you used was "First year". Im talking about just letting a kid play for 3 games. If Tebow had a complete year to play so that we could see if he can progress i would agree that moving on would be the right thing to do. Ive stated that numerous times. Im not even a Tebow fan but i would hate to give up on ANY QB......

Sorry, lost my focus there for a moment. I would hate to give up on ANY QB after just 3 games. Business wise it makes no sense and could backfire on us bigtime. I never wanted to draft Tebow. I hate run first QB's but he has shown me in live action that he can compete with a little work. It would be wise to give him that time before wasting another pick on the position. IMO

claymore
09-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Nah, i really do think experience played a major role. Once Orton nixed the trade it left a tough position for Fox who had planned on going with Tebow initially. He couldnt in his right mind tell the team that a young QB was their best chance to win while sitting a vet. Its pretty common sense.

Tebow had every chance to supplant Orton as the starter. He couldnt. If Tebow could come close to beating out Orton, and he was named the starter, tebow would have taken the trade, and renogotiated his salary. No way does he ride pine behind Tebow. But Tebow couldnt do that, even though the org was pulling for him to win.

He couldnt beat out Kyle Orton. :harf: makes me sick saying it.

THAT is common sense.

NightTerror218
09-02-2011, 11:47 AM
He couldnt beat out Kyle Orton. The organization WANTED Tebow to be the starter. They had to insert Orton because Tebow was so raw/terrible.

If Luck or Barkley cant beat Orton out in ther 2nd year, they will get the same treatment from me.

They wont beat out ORton.....he is amazing in camp period. He can throw like a solid starting QB in practice. Where Orton fails is in the games under pressure.

He throws like Manning in practice and then plays like himself during the games and buckles.

jhildebrand
09-02-2011, 11:48 AM
It is a double standard.

Shoot, people are still making up excuses for Orton! "If Orton had a D" or "Orton will have a D this year" and my favorite "If Orton had a running game."

NEWSFLASH***** Orton had the #1 overall D for the first half of 09 and still couldn't win one game to make the PO's despite the terrible raiders being on the schedule TWICE, a terrible KC, and Washington.

Funny how the running game was much better with Tebow. Tebow played with the same O line and D and in 3 games was more exciting and produced better numbers than Orton.

Oh and he didn't get smeared by SD's #1 Overall D and kept the game close. Weird.

Back to "It's NOT Orton's fault!" :lol:

Lancane
I am tired of people attacking him before he has and good stint of playing time to prove how he can play in games. He is not strict pocket passes no doubting that but he has other aspects he brings to table.

Sorry no love for Tebow just a passionate dislike for Vyle Orton.

And I am one of his biggest critics on the boards, what I saw last night from Tim is what I have been waiting to see, he finally stood in the pocket with great poise, he was doing well with his check-downs, he didn't stare down his receivers, he moved well in the pocket to avoid pressure and to get the ball off, not to mention that he threw some tight spiral balls with tremendous velocity and accuracy. There were a couple passes he threw that were lofty, with too much air under them or were wobbly, but not many - he still needs to get down when to throw hard or when there is need for a soft touch...but that comes with time, he also needs to learn that a tight spiral whether thrown hard or soft would make him more accurate.

That doesn't mean he is the quarterback of the future, I would need to see much more from him before I believed that, but I admit that I would be questioning it, if he had been like that since pre-season started.

HORSEPOWER 56
i wouldn't mind if every single one of our backup ol was cut and replaced with waiver wire guys. I can't think of a one of them that should be on an nfl roster.

why the hell haven't we signed gurode yet?

no ******* shit!!!

Northman
Tebow had every chance to supplant Orton as the starter. He couldnt. If Tebow could come close to beating out Orton, and he was named the starter, tebow would have taken the trade, and renogotiated his salary. No way does he ride pine behind Tebow. But Tebow couldnt do that, even though the org was pulling for him to win.

Um, no. Homie.

While Tebow couldnt beat out Orton in practice (which was expected because he is raw, duh!) Orton had already nixed the trade dude. Follow that up with Lloyd crying that Orton should start that put Fox in a bind. He couldnt risk starting Tebow over Orton in fear of losing the lockerroom.

claymore
09-02-2011, 11:49 AM
It is. He is a QB that has talent but he needs time, not the 10 yrs you are saying but he got shit last year from McD or the other coaches. He is finally getting the coaching he needs. He is basically like a rookie and not have an off season hurt him more. It is known that Denver is one of the most critical fan bases for a QB because we are all looking for the new Elway and guess what t is not going to happen.

Tebow doesnt know how to play in a pro offense. To me, that means he is 4 years behind the power curve.

And... We dont know if he is receiving the right coaching. McCoy? LOL... We dont even know if we have the OC/offense of the future.

BroncoNut
09-02-2011, 11:49 AM
They wont beat out ORton.....he is amazing in camp period. He can throw like a solid starting QB in practice. Where Orton fails is in the games under pressure.

He throws like Manning in practice and then plays like himself during the games and buckles.

I see him buckling about 1/3 way into the season

HORSEPOWER 56
09-02-2011, 11:50 AM
And I am one of his biggest critics on the boards, what I saw last night from Tim is what I have been waiting to see, he finally stood in the pocket with great poise, he was doing well with his check-downs, he didn't stare down his receivers, he moved well in the pocket to avoid pressure and to get the ball off, not to mention that he threw some tight spiral balls with tremendous velocity and accuracy. There were a couple passes he threw that were lofty, with too much air under them or were wobbly, but not many - he still needs to get down when to throw hard or when there is need for a soft touch...but that comes with time, he also needs to learn that a tight spiral whether thrown hard or soft would make him more accurate.

That doesn't mean he is the quarterback of the future, I would need to see much more from him before I believed that, but I admit that I would be questioning it, if he had been like that since pre-season started.

So what it looks like you're saying is, he needs game experience with the starters to continue his development? I couldn't agree more...

:D ;)

jhildebrand
09-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Tebow had every chance to supplant Orton as the starter. .

He did? :confused:

How many reps did he take with the #1's-seeing how it was an "open competition?" :confused:

I am pretty sure he didn't have a chance and it wasn't open for competition the minute the Orton deal fell apart. See Elway and Fox's "if the season started today..." comments for further proof.

claymore
Um, no. Homie.

While Tebow couldnt beat out Orton in practice (which was expected because he is raw, duh!) Orton had already nixed the trade dude. Follow that up with Lloyd crying that Orton should start that put Fox in a bind. He couldnt risk starting Tebow over Orton in fear of losing the lockerroom.
I expected Tebow to beat out Orton. Orton sucks. Thats the point. I want my 2nd year FQB to be able to beat out Kyle Orton in EVERYTHING.

Northman

Now, imagine if you gave him a full year to develope?

claymore
09-02-2011, 11:52 AM
He did? :confused:

How many reps did he take with the #1's-seeing how it was an "open competition?" :confused:

I am pretty sure he didn't have a chance and it wasn't open for competition the minute the Orton deal fell apart. See Elway and Fox's "if the season started today..." comments for further proof.

See FOx's and Elways comments about it being an open competition.

NightTerror218

And look at that improvement since the beginning of training camp. Not to mention he had the crappy O-Line and was taking hits on almost every pass. Even the best QBs in the league when taking a lot of hits get skittish in pocket.

NightTerror218
Tebow doesnt know how to play in a pro offense. To me, that means he is 4 years behind the power curve.

And... We dont know if he is receiving the right coaching. McCoy? LOL... We dont even know if we have the OC/offense of the future.

Didn't look like it to me last night, or the 3 games at the end of last season.

BroncoNut
09-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Northman, who is in your avy?

NightTerror218
09-02-2011, 11:53 AM
See FOx's and Elways comments about it being an open competition.

They said it but did not do it.

NightTerror218
09-02-2011, 11:54 AM

bryci

Northman
I expected Tebow to beat out Orton. Orton sucks. Thats the point. I want my 2nd year FQB to be able to beat out Kyle Orton in EVERYTHING.

While i would agree with that assessment it wouldnt of even happened with Luck. With HC's experience trumps rawness in every aspect especially when you have a lockerroom with players who believe they are a contender. Its easy to get away with it when your the Lions or Rams (should be with Denver too but..) but for whatever reason this team believes they are not far away from being a contender. I think they are in for a rude awakening (again) this year.

claymore

This is just another made up "fact" people keep regurgitating.

Orton doesnt do anything well. He is mediocre at everything.

The problem is that Tebow cant out throw, manage or out QB a Mediocre QB.

Quit blaming the system, or the "man". The problem is Tebow.

Northman
09-02-2011, 11:55 AM

Yea, as Phi said. Bryci. My mistress.

chazoe60
09-02-2011, 11:55 AM
It's not an open competition when one guy is given 99% of the snaps with the first team OL and the other two guys are given a girls volleyball team to block for them.

jhildebrand
09-02-2011, 11:56 AM

It was there. I genuinely believe Elway and Fox pulled Orton so early in Dallas so TT could go against their #1's hoping he would fail miserably. He stood in the pocket and delivered nice passes there.

Against Buffalo he was only allowed to throw 2 times. One of them was a perfectly thrown deep pass after standing in the pocket. WR dropped the pass.

Didn't watch Seattle. I will but word was he played ok there too.

TT is the kind of QB who would need some easy dump offs early in the game to get him in a rhythm. For some, that is a problem. Then again, I remember #7 liking the same at the end of his career. So that can be all that bad right?

Let's hope Oakland doesn't run all over us. If they do, the Orton LOVERS better hope he fights like hell to get the team back into it as opposed to the QUIT job he pulled last year. Should he quit like he did against OAK, KC< and AZ the TT noise will become deafening!

Slick
09-02-2011, 11:56 AM
Cant wait to see the reaction around here if denver drafts a guard or a defensive end with a first round pick next year.

Socalorado, thank you for answering my question. I question you logic sometimes when you get all antagonistic and condescending in reguards to tebow because you're not like that outside of the qb topic.

claymore
09-02-2011, 11:57 AM
While i would agree with that assessment it wouldnt of even happened with Luck. With HC's experience trumps rawness in every aspect especially when you have a lockerroom with players who believe they are a contender. Its easy to get away with it when your the Lions or Rams (should be with Denver too but..) but for whatever reason this team believes they are not far away from being a contender. I think they are in for a rude awakening (again) this year.

I think that if it was even close in practice everyone in the Org would have been behind Tebow. To include the players.

No one in there right mind thinks Orton is the future of anything.

NightTerror218
09-02-2011, 11:58 AM

That is where your blind hate is. Quinn and Tebow never got 1st team reps in training camp until Orton's wife went into labor. So how is that a competition? They talked all TC about how crisp and clean Orton was and throwing. He is known for being a practice QB that is great, he just doesnt deliver in games. He has the tools just not the mental capacity in games, fails on 3rd and red zone. You can coach that, but can try to over compensate with play calling.

SOCALORADO.
Your dating her too?

Unfortuantely the key word there you used was "First year". Im talking about just letting a kid play for 3 games. If Tebow had a complete year to play so that we could see if he can progress i would agree that moving on would be the right thing to do. Ive stated that numerous times. Im not even a Tebow fan but i would hate to give up on ANY QB......

Sorry, lost my focus there for a moment. I would hate to give up on ANY QB after just 3 games. Business wise it makes no sense and could backfire on us bigtime. I never wanted to draft Tebow. I hate run first QB's but he has shown me in live action that he can compete with a little work. It would be wise to give him that time before wasting another pick on the position. IMO

Do you really think Elway is sold in any way on tebow?
Do you think that Elway is going to begin his career as an executive in the NFL with a "project QB" if he had a chance to get a QB that was considered a franchise QB and the best QB prospect to come out of college since Manning? Or at least a really good franchise QB, that can run any offense installed and can make all the throws from the pocket to anywhere on the field, like Jones or Barkley?
I have a hard time believing that Elway thinks its easier to develop Tebow than simply making a play and getting a QB in next years draft that isnt a project.

jhildebrand

Quinn couldn't beat out Derek Anderson or Charlie Frye. :lol: Quinn played in a pro system and looked like a scared little kitten.

Orton couldn't beat out Rex friggin Grossman and he couldn't beat a JaMarcus Russell led Raiders team AT HOME!!!

I don't think we should be using the "he couldn't beat out" so and so argument when it is clear it was never open nor a competition.

BroncoNut
09-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Cant wait to see the reaction around here if denver drafts a guard or a defensive end with a first round pick next year.

Socalorado, thank you for answering my question. I question you logic sometimes when you get all antagonistic and condescending in reguards to tebow because you're not like that outside of the qb topic.

there's a DT out there projected by some to rival the pick of Andrew Luck. Forget his name.

Northman
09-02-2011, 11:59 AM

Well said. Clay and SoCal are two of my favorite posters but they have gone off the deep end with this Luck/Barkley crap. They are becoming equally as annoying as Bullgator or Jags now and thats sad. But like you said outside of that they are great.

As to your first quote, i would love to draft either before a QB and believe the organization will do so. At least, that is where the smart money would be right now.

claymore
09-02-2011, 12:00 PM
It's not an open competition when one guy is given 99% of the snaps with the first team OL and the other two guys are given a girls volleyball team to block for them.

They dont start practice with 11 on 11's. THey do drills first. If it was close at any point in their practices Tebow would be our starting QB.

If you cant win the starting QB position on the Denver Broncos, you arent a good QB.

Northman
I think that if it was even close in practice everyone in the Org would have been behind Tebow. To include the players.

No one in there right mind thinks Orton is the future of anything.

Uh, Brandon Lloyd does for sure. He see's BIG money in his immediate future. :lol:

BroncoNut
Quinn couldn't beat out Derek Anderson or Charlie Frye. :lol: Quinn played in a pro system and looked like a scared little kitten.

Orton couldn't beat out Rex friggin Grossman and he couldn't beat a JaMarcus Russell led Raiders team AT HOME!!!

I don't think we should be using the "he couldn't beat out" so and so argument when it is clear it was never open nor a competition.

when you put it that way, it sounds pretty dire.

jhildebrand
09-02-2011, 12:01 PM
Do you think that Elway is going to begin his career as an executive in the NFL with a "project QB" if he had a chance to get a QB that was considered a franchise QB and the best QB prospect to come out of college since Manning?

Of course he will! TT isn't on Elway. TT wasn't drafted by Elway. Do you even understand football? :confused:

Elway understands perfectly well that he gets ONE shot in the pros to take a QB (history shows anyway) and there is no need to rush that right now when he can play/keep TT as long as he sees fit without any recourse.

The minute EFX take a new QB, their clock starts ticking.

jhildebrand
09-02-2011, 12:01 PM
when you put it that way, it sounds pretty dire.

Because it is!!!! :lol:

People are really buying into the idea of 10-6 and whatnot! I just don't see it! 4-6 wins is what this team is REGARDLESS of Orton or TT. 2-4 with Quinn!

claymore
09-02-2011, 12:02 PM

The only QB on that list I think Orton, Quin or Tebow could beat ot was Russel. Id probably have any of those other QB's.

Damn, im making myself sick..

BroncoNut
09-02-2011, 12:02 PM

Interesting take. It seemed to me that he was trying to stay in the pocket and checking down receivers, but I can't say I noted much more. Seemed prertty forced, but hey.. gotta start somewhwere.

SOCALORADO.
09-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Yea, as Phi said. Bryci. My mistress.

Hey!
I resent that comment.
I have laundry to do, good day to you sir.
http://wallpapergravity.com/wallpapers2/439/439365.jpg

NightTerror218
09-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Because it is!!!! :lol:

People are really buying into the idea of 10-6 and whatnot! I just don't see it! 4-6 wins is what this team is REGARDLESS of Orton or TT. 2-4 with Quinn!

I see 6-9 wins with no injuries......cause our depth sucks.

Northman
Do you really think Elway is sold in any way on tebow?

Totally sold? No. But he has stated that he is willing to give the kid time and thinks he WILL SUCCEED as a QB.

Do you think that Elway is going to begin his career as an executive in the NFL with a "project QB" if he had a chance to get a QB that was considered a franchise QB and the best QB prospect to come out of college since Manning? Or at least a really good franchise QB, that can run any offense installed and can make all the throws from the pocket to anywhere on the field, like Jones or Barkley?

I think Elway will do what he thinks is best for the franchise. Meaning, he wont give up on a player after just 3 games. As too the "best" QB prospect there will be more in the future even if Denver doesnt draft Luck or Barkley. To act like there will be no QB's of the future after next year's draft is silly. I could go on and on about HOF QB's who were not #1 picks.

I have a hard time believing that Elway thinks its easier to develop Tebow than simply making a play and getting a QB in next years draft that isnt a project.

Im not sure what he is thinking. But the fact that he is willing to take the time to help the kid shows me he doesnt give a shit what the media thinks.

Lancane
So what it looks like you're saying is, he needs game experience with the starters to continue his development? I couldn't agree more...

:D ;)

There is no question that if I was the head coach of the Broncos that I'd be starting Tebow to see what I have in him and so I could give a fair evaluation to his progression come the end of the season, especially when there is a huge possibility that I might have to draft another quarterback.

F' what Lloyd thinks, one great year in the NFL doesn't make Lloyd the most qualified voice of reason, especially when his record year came at the hands of Orton! Those who have had great years with different quarterbacks are better judges in my opinion then that of Lloyd, and as I've said, there is a difference between playing the game, coaching a team and evaluating players. And the last time I checked a player didn't dictate how a team was ran, isn't that what many said when Cutler supposedly had too much say? Or was upset, I truly love the hypocrisy of this organization and the fans at times.

Northman

I dont think Clay is all that high on Quinn.

claymore
09-02-2011, 12:05 PM
That is where your blind hate is. Quinn and Tebow never got 1st team reps in training camp until Orton's wife went into labor. So how is that a competition? They talked all TC about how crisp and clean Orton was and throwing. He is known for being a practice QB that is great, he just doesnt deliver in games. He has the tools just not the mental capacity in games, fails on 3rd and red zone. You can coach that, but can try to over compensate with play calling.

Its not blind hate. I just think orton is the best of a bad situation. Do I want to get kicked in the face, stomach or balls? I choose the stomach.

Fox wanted Tebow to win the competition, if it was close, I think he would have.

SOCALORADO.
09-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Of course he will! TT isn't on Elway. TT wasn't drafted by Elway. Do you even understand football? :confused:

Elway understands perfectly well that he gets ONE shot in the pros to take a QB (history shows anyway) and there is no need to rush that right now when he can play/keep TT as long as he sees fit without any recourse.

The minute EFX take a new QB, their clock starts ticking.

I agree. although i think privately that Bowlen will sell his part of the team to Elway and a group of investors in the near future. Depending on his health.

jhildebrand
09-02-2011, 12:06 PM

Just high? :confused:

:lol: JK Clay!

claymore

Im not high on any of our QB's. Im high on Tebow as a football player, just not the starting QB of the Denver Broncos.

NightTerror218
Its not blind hate. I just think orton is the best of a bad situation. Do I want to get kicked in the face, stomach or balls? I choose the stomach.

Fox wanted Tebow to win the competition, if it was close, I think he would have.

I think he needs to WIN now mentality to prove to the fans he can change a team. He doesnt want to take any chances and is playing the safe card rather then take a chance with a much higher reward.

Nomad
09-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Lets hope so. If not, same ol same ol.

I'm in a good mood North! CFB has kicked off with a big game tomorrow, Fall is my favorite time of the year and leaves are already turning yellow. My son made a pick in the endzone keeping Dimond from scoring yesterday to help ER beat Dimond HS 6-0 (it was JV).....so I'm feeling the positive vibes today.

I hope Orton and the run game make a 360 from last year and put many points on the board and our :defense: kick the crap out of the Raiders. IMO, Raider week has already started!

NightTerror218
09-02-2011, 12:09 PM
North btw I have chatted with Bryci online :D

Northman
09-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Hey!
I resent that comment.
I have laundry to do, good day to you sir.

Tisk tisk. Got to love guys taking her modeling photos. Here she is around my house.

http://cache.sharenxs.com/images/wz/caaj/fb/bc/bg/ah/bryci_83_001.jpg

Canmore
09-02-2011, 12:10 PM
I see 6-9 wins with no injuries......cause our depth sucks.

If injuries hit and they are to key players, we will be lucky to win six.

claymore
09-02-2011, 12:10 PM
I think he needs to WIN now mentality to prove to the fans he can change a team. He doesnt want to take any chances and is playing the safe card rather then take a chance with a much higher reward.

Thats exactly what he should be doing.

Nomad
09-02-2011, 12:11 PM
North, does Missy know about Bryci!:lol:

Northman
09-02-2011, 12:11 PM
North btw I have chatted with Bryci online :D

She's such a sweet gal. Ill have to ask her about your conversations when i get home.

SOCALORADO.
09-02-2011, 12:12 PM
There is no question that if I was the head coach of the Broncos that I'd be starting Tebow to see what I have in him and so I could give a fair evaluation to his progression come the end of the season, especially when there is a huge possibility that I might have to draft another quarterback.

F' what Lloyd thinks, one great year in the NFL doesn't make Lloyd the most qualified voice of reason, especially when his record year came at the hands of Orton! Those who have had great years with different quarterbacks are better judges in my opinion then that of Lloyd, and as I've said, there is a difference between playing the game, coaching a team and evaluating players. And the last time I checked a player didn't dictate how a team was ran, isn't that what many said when Cutler supposedly had too much say? Or was upset, I truly love the hypocrisy of this organization and the fans at times.

I am down with this line of reasoning, always have been, but there much more to making that decision.

Northman
09-02-2011, 12:12 PM
North, does Missy know about Bryci!:lol:

Of course. Shit, she gets to play with her more than i do. :tsk:

Northman
09-02-2011, 12:13 PM
You know what, lets stop talking about the QB's and talk more about my girlfriend Bryci ok? Much more interesting. :)

Lancane
09-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Interesting take. It seemed to me that he was trying to stay in the pocket and checking down receivers, but I can't say I noted much more. Seemed prertty forced, but hey.. gotta start somewhwere.

Again, that doesn't mean that I have faith in him, but it would be a sign of promise and would be more so - if - he would have been doing that since the beginning of the off-season.

I still believe Denver will draft a quarterback in this upcoming draft, whether in the first, second or possibly the third is debatable, but I also think there is a chance should we be in range to nab a top tier that it may well happen, it's not like we're paying astronomical amounts to players at the position once Orton is gone!

NightTerror218
09-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Again, that doesn't mean that I have faith in him, but it would be a sign of promise and would be more so - if - he would have been doing that since the beginning of the off-season.

I still believe Denver will draft a quarterback in this upcoming draft, whether in the first, second or possibly the third is debatable, but I also think there is a chance should we be in range to nab a top tier that it may well happen, it's not like we're paying astronomical amounts to players at the position once Orton is gone!

IF we resign Quinn or Orton I say there is no chance of a new QB being drafted. God i hope that doesnt happen.

Lancane
09-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Thats exactly what he should be doing.

That's debatable Clay, because he could also lose the fan base rather quickly should he fail, and the chances are rather high that he won't have a winning season - but he won't think that which is what you want in a coach. In this instance I would say that he'd do better by trying to see what he has for the future in Tebow, because the chances are high that there will be some resentment should they not even give him a fair shot and draft someone, unless they draft one of the top three prospects because then it could be argued that they are indeed trying to get better.

Lancane
09-02-2011, 12:35 PM
IF we resign Quinn or Orton I say there is no chance of a new QB being drafted. God i hope that doesnt happen.

If we re-sign Orton then as I said before I will take a break from the NFL and focus on College football till he's gone from my favorite team - the worthless jackass. And I don't believe Quinn will re-sign, the man has been jerked around by this organization far too much to think he'll want to return, and to what end? He knows he has no fair shot at a starting job here...no they should both be gone and hopefully will be.

NorCalBronco7
09-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Now that preseasons over, Im much more confident about the Broncos starters. Im higher on Orton than most and I really think he fits better into the Broncos offense this year than the previous two. Having a strong running game and asking Orton to manage the offense instead of throwing 30+ a game will help. Balance on offense is what Im looking forward to.

Quinn is a bust to me and will stay that way until he proves otherwise. But he had a decent preseason and looked better than last year.

Tebow is still raw. Most everyone knew he would be entering his second year. Even though he looks ugly, he got the job done in preseason. If he ever makes it as a Qb, I think that will always be the case. The absolute #1 issue I have with Tebow is his willingness to run after looking at his first read. He has to go through progressions betters. But overall I happy with Tebow and his play.

Its clear to me Orton is the best Qb on the roster right now (not saying much) and he gives the Broncos the best chance to win. Not sure who the second best Qb on the roster is, but considering Tebow and his playmaking ability, I would like to see him at #2.

As far as the op is concered, Clady and Doom to me would be the worst players to lose.

Slick
09-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Well said. Clay and SoCal are two of my favorite posters but they have gone off the deep end with this Luck/Barkley crap. They are becoming equally as annoying as Bullgator or Jags now and thats sad. But like you said outside of that they are great.

As to your first quote, i would love to draft either before a QB and believe the organization will do so. At least, that is where the smart money would be right now.

I can see why they doubt Tebow but reading things like "tebow sucks" he's terrible, deal with it" is just inflammatory and doesn't prove a point.

...and I don't think Elway will draft QB next year unless he can get Luck and it's just way to early to be thinking about that.

Slick
09-02-2011, 02:31 PM
well said norcal.

pnbronco
09-02-2011, 02:35 PM

I think so too Clay. If it were close the FO might take the chance, but they can't. Too many jobs are on the line to not put the person that won the job out there. Also we have so many young players you have practice what you preach.

I don't own the Broncos, not a GM or on any of the FO staff, not a coach not even a person that washes the socks so I know that I have no say so in any way shape or form. So I will do the one thing that I can and support this team.

I really like Tim a lot, he is a wonderful person, would love my children to use his work ethic as a role model. I just do not think he's ready and I've seen nothing to change my mind. I was encouraged to see him stay in the pocket more last night, but that doesn't mean I want him thrown into the fire yet.

I heard he was working with McCoy last week and it was on his foot work. I heard somewhere that Montana say that he can't judge him until he learns the foot work. If there is one person that will put in the work to learn I think it's Tim, but he's just not ready today.

Lancane
09-02-2011, 03:16 PM
...and I don't think Elway will draft QB next year unless he can get Luck and it's just way to early to be thinking about that.

Elway has a boss, and that boss has a thing for Oklahoma products. There are some talking heads that believe Jones is a better pro-prospect then Luck, not that I agree...but to say that Elway will only focus on Luck is true shortsightedness, especially when we consider the amount of quarterback prospects they looked at before this past draft.

;)

GEM
09-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Now that the preseason is over.....

It's time to kick some Raider ass!!!!! :D:D:D:D

jUlJrUWAB4k

Are you ready for some football???

Agent of Orange
09-02-2011, 03:45 PM

This is an important matter to discuss, I feel. First of all, Lloyd needs to keep his mouth shut. I'd rather hear from Ryan Clady than Brandon Lloyd. Why is it always WRs who are running their mouths.

But having said that, when Jerry Rice talks about transitioning from Montana to Young, he mentions how it was difficult because Steve is a lefty and the spin of the ball is different. Over time, Rice performed as well with Young, if not better. But if Jerry Rice says it's hard to go from a right handed QB to a lefty, what more needs to be said? I don't remember Rice lobbying pubically for Montana the way Lloyd is for Montana but thats also why Jerry Rice was the class act and professional that he was. Lloyd's no Jerry Rice.

MileHighCrew
09-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Now that the preseason is over.....

It's time to kick some Raider ass!!!!! :D:D:D:D

jUlJrUWAB4k

Are you ready for some football???

that never gets old. Best intro for a game ever

Lancane
09-02-2011, 04:04 PM
This is an important matter to discuss, I feel. First of all, Lloyd needs to keep his mouth shut. I'd rather hear from Ryan Clady than Brandon Lloyd. Why is it always WRs who are running their mouths.

But having said that, when Jerry Rice talks about transitioning from Montana to Young, he mentions how it was difficult because Steve is a lefty and the spin of the ball is different. Over time, Rice performed as well with Young, if not better. But if Jerry Rice says it's hard to go from a right handed QB to a lefty, what more needs to be said? I don't remember Rice lobbying pubically for Montana the way Lloyd is for Montana but thats also why Jerry Rice was the class act and professional that he was. Lloyd's no Jerry Rice.

Jerry Rice was without question a 'class act', as was Rod Smith, especially compared to the number one wideouts in the league now - there are few I would put in that category who don't seem to have loose lips and speak without using their brains before hand or seem to just have diva qualities - probably Wayne and Johnson are the two I would label as such.

Ravage!!!
09-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Jerry Rice was without question a 'class act', as was Rod Smith, especially compared to the number one wideouts in the league now - there are few I would put in that category who don't seem to have loose lips and speak without using their brains before hand or seem to just have diva qualities - probably Wayne and Johnson are the two I would label as such.

Fitzgerald is at the very top of that list.

Northman
09-02-2011, 04:32 PM

This was good, but i still love the Jake Plummer/Priest Holmes intro where they had the whole 70's psychedelic theme going on. I think it was Sunday Night Football and the game where mighty mouse had a good game.

Slick
09-02-2011, 04:35 PM
I guess youll have to forgive me for my shortsightedness cane. Thats the way i see it.

Lancane
09-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Fitzgerald is at the very top of that list.

Yeah, Fitzgerald belongs in that company as well. ;)

GEM
09-02-2011, 04:47 PM

Definitely!! Love it!!

I Eat Staples
09-02-2011, 04:49 PM
If we lose starters on the offensive line, we lose Orton too. There's no way he'll stay healthy with all the hits he'd be taking.

And yeah, our backup OL is complete garbage, but Orton would still do better behind them than Quinn or Tebow did. Typically, when one player is considerably better than another, they play better under even circumstances, whether those circumstances are good or bad.

I Eat Staples
09-02-2011, 04:51 PM

I still love Clay's posts but yeah SoCal and his pictures....lol.

Lancane
09-02-2011, 04:56 PM
I guess youll have to forgive me for my shortsightedness cane. Thats the way i see it.

I forgive you! :lol: (I'm kidding)

And I wasn't trying to say that you're shortsighted, but we haven't seen enough of Tebow to really say that he could literally be better then anyone in this upcoming class. If you seriously sat down and watched all the film you could find on the top five prospects for the 2012 Draft; Luck, Jones, Barkley, Foles and Lindley, would you draft Tebow in this draft above any of them? I would take Tebow probably before Cousins and Tannehill...but above Lindley? That would be debatable as would maybe taking him before Foles or Barkley, there is no question in my mind that most scouts would rank Luck, Jones far above Tebow, and I could see a small percent being unsure in regards to Barkley or Foles, but I still say most would go with the other two over Tebow, maybe even Lindley because of his howitzer arm and ability to make most of the throws that would be required at the next level. Would he be a first round pick in this draft class? Would he be a second round pick in this draft class?

If you look at it that way, I fully expect Elway and Xanders to give a serious look to the quarterback prospects and to make an informed decision just as they did last year.

Cugel
09-02-2011, 05:52 PM
If you look at it that way, I fully expect Elway and Xanders to give a serious look to the quarterback prospects and to make an informed decision just as they did last year.

Tebow is under contract for 4 more years, (signed a 5 year deal for $11 million) so the Broncos can afford to sit him and let him develop for 3 more years.

That said, they will have to make a decision in January after the season -- do we keep Orton and make him the franchise QB?

If so, then they re-sign Orton and keep Tebow as his backup and develop Tebow for a couple more seasons.

If NOT, then they have to decide whether Tebow will EVER become a SB caliber QB.

And they can't really know that next January because he won't be any better at being a drop-back pocket passer until he's had an entire off-season to work with the coaches and develop his technique.

So, since you MUST get your franchise QB first thing first in the NFL if you don't have one, they MUST draft a QB next year if Orton is gone.

Then Tebow and that QB compete over the next 2 seasons. If that guy becomes the starter then Tebow is probably released in 2012 or 2013. (Think of a controversy like Drew Brees versus Phillip Rivers).

Either way, Tebow probably has 2 more seasons to prove himself before the Broncos give up on him.

BroncoStud
09-02-2011, 06:50 PM

Tebow is a 2nd year player who got ZERO reps last year, played in a spread option in college, and endured a lockout after his rookie season in which he had said, zero reps.

Do you REALLY expect him to be scanning the field like a seasoned pro? I just think the expectations are ridiculous from some of you and the use of absolute condemmation borders insanity.

Give the dude time, even with his issues he's a pretty damn good QB, he has yet to show that he isn't when on the field. Quinn with all of his progressions and all his proper mechanics looked like a high schooler out there, Orton had a 47.5 QB rating his rookie season, hell, Orton had a 58 rating on 3rd down and in the redzone LAST year, his 6th in the NFL...

Tebow isn't ready to be a full-time starter yet, big F'ing deal, he wasn't supposed to be. It was said he needed 3 years, give him 3 years. What does anyone have to lose? I just don't get this. It's ignorance.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Then why isnt he starting? Tebow 3rd string. Enjoy.

I dunno, maybe for the same reason that Locker, Ponder, Gabbert, and Mallett aren't starting? They must all suck and have absolutely no shot to EVER start a game in the NFL.

Your, "then why isn't he starting?" argument is very thin at best. The answer is, because Orton looks better in practice...

Just like Quinn did... Then a real football game happened and we saw what happened with that...

Be happy, if Tebow really is as terrible as you think he is, we'll draft one of the guys that you're a fanboi of most likely. As you've pointed out, Tebow isn't even the starter, why are you wasting so much of your time bashing a dude who won't even be taking snaps week one? There are a lot of other backup players playing MUCH worse than Tebow is, yet you only ever target one...

I wonder why?

dogfish
09-02-2011, 10:07 PM
i miss al wilson. . . .

BroncoStud
09-02-2011, 10:11 PM
I dunno, maybe for the same reason that Locker, Ponder, Gabbert, and Mallett aren't starting? They must all suck and have absolutely no shot to EVER start a game in the NFL.

You're, "then why isn't he starting?" argument is very thin at best. The answer is, because Orton looks better in practice...

Just like Quinn did... Then a real football game happened and we saw what happened with that...

Be happy, if Tebow really is as terrible as you think he is, we'll draft one of the guys that you're a fanboi of most likely. As you've pointed out, Tebow isn't even the starter, why are you wasting so much of your time bashing a dude who won't even be taking snaps week one? There are a lot of other backup players playing MUCH worse than Tebow is, yet you only ever target one...

I wonder why?

Man Jake Locker has looked ridiculously good this Preseason. I know the Titans are going to go with Hasselbeck this season but you have to wonder if he struggles how long they will wait to throw Locker out there.

Northman
09-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Man Jake Locker has looked ridiculously good this Preseason. I know the Titans are going to go with Hasselbeck this season but you have to wonder if he struggles how long they will wait to throw Locker out there.

Depends on what their expectations are this year. Hassleback is good enough to hold the fort for a while if need be. If they are expecting to struggle than starting Locker makes sense.