PDA

View Full Version : Bob SLowick is a Hero

Fan in Exile
12-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Bob Slowik
Defensive coordinator, Broncos
The Broncos' ailing defense has been maligned all year. This week Denver went on the road to face a Jets team that had put up an NFL-high 33 points per game over the past eight weeks. Despite suffering injuries during the game, Slowik's defense held New York to 17 points, recovered a fumble for a touchdown, made an interception and brought down Brett Favre twice.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80cf6d28&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

At least according to Kirwan

claymore
12-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Bob Slowik
Defensive coordinator, Broncos
The Broncos' ailing defense has been maligned all year. This week Denver went on the road to face a Jets team that had put up an NFL-high 33 points per game over the past eight weeks. Despite suffering injuries during the game, Slowik's defense held New York to 17 points, recovered a fumble for a touchdown, made an interception and brought down Brett Favre twice.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

At least according to Kirwan

:rolleyes:

yardog
12-02-2008, 11:47 AM
:doh: :tsk:

BroncoJoe
12-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Bad link...

yardog
12-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Bad link...

The link leads us the same place Slowick leads us. :tsk:

Northman
12-02-2008, 11:53 AM
I think it was supposed to read "Bob Saget is a Hero".

G_Money
12-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Bob Slowik is a hero for holding down the Jets like an arsonist firefighter is a hero for helping to contain the fire he himself started.

“But I helped contain the fire. I’m a hero!”

“You STARTED the fire, idiot, or at least poured gasoline on it.”

“But I’m helping NOW, and isn’t now the most important time you’ll ever have? Yesterday is done and tomorrow will never come, as they say…”

“Unfortunately for you, though, yesterday did happen, and those of us who watched you pour gas on the fire aren’t as forgiving as you might wish. You’d better be a firefighting genius from now on, moron.”

“I will be! Don’t fret.”

“Then put down the gas can, numbnuts.”

“What gas can?”

“The one in your right hand. And while we’re at it, toss that six pack of lighters on the ground and back away slowly…”

~G

Superchop 7
12-02-2008, 12:10 PM
He has called much better defenses, and he is playing the corners 7 yards off instead of 12, it's making a difference.

He is doing much better.

Lonestar
12-02-2008, 07:43 PM
lets all pray that slowick is not retained because of the heroic plays of the rookies he would not play until he had NO other options..

Lonestar
12-02-2008, 07:45 PM
has anyone heard anything about Larsen?

Superchop 7
12-02-2008, 07:55 PM
X rays are negative, badly bruised hip.

CrazyHorse
12-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Slowick is only a hero for the opposing team's offense.

NameUsedBefore
12-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Slowik is riding the coat-tails of Mother Nature.

Hope his house is hail-protected and his cars are in the garage.

TXBRONC
12-02-2008, 09:20 PM
X rays are negative, badly bruised hip.

That's sounds like good news. I also hear that Webster could be back this week.

Superchop 7
12-02-2008, 11:15 PM
I hope Webster feels like playing.

fcspikeit
12-02-2008, 11:29 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Some where LJ is smiling :sad:

Anyone who has him as a fantasy back better start him this week if Webster is starting.

DenBronx
12-02-2008, 11:54 PM
jinx thread. :target:

scott.475
12-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Slowick suddenly a hero?

Even a blind squirrel...

Even a broken clock...

and so on...

Slowick's wretched abilities would be right at home with a team like the Lions, but we need to get him as far away from Denver as possible. I just have not seen anything from him that gives me any bit of excitement for any future potential of our D under his leadership.

Lonestar
12-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Slowick suddenly a hero?

Even a blind squirrel...

Even a broken clock...

and so on...

Slowick's wretched abilities would be right at home with a team like the Lions, but we need to get him as far away from Denver as possible. I just have not seen anything from him that gives me any bit of excitement for any future potential of our D under his leadership.

But since none of us have mikey direct line it is mikey who installed him before Bates was hired and it was slow the mikey handed the D after the bye week last year and this year everyone can point to all of the injuries and justify us sucking..

Therefore UNLESS this D melts down over the next 4-5 weeks slowick is going to be our DC next year unless someone else is even more stupid to hire him away from DEN, than we are to keep him.......

NameUsedBefore
12-03-2008, 01:56 PM
I hope Webster feels like playing.

I bet he's already celebrating.

GEM
12-03-2008, 02:00 PM

Great....I was kind of hoping he'd be out a few more weeks. :coffee:

scott.475
12-04-2008, 08:38 AM
I bet he's already celebrating.

Checking his helmet to make sure it is 3 sizes too big.