PDA

View Full Version : Orton Interview today on 102.3

Dzone
08-31-2011, 01:50 PM
Best Orton interview ever. You cant help but like the guys attitude. Am feeling a lot better about our starting quarterback.

Dzone
08-31-2011, 02:02 PM
Heres what he said, from what I remember
"I never hide the fact that I love Denver, I love my teammates and have loved the 2 years Ive been here"

Has any of the Tebow talk bothered you? "mmm nope, I dont think so"

Northman
08-31-2011, 02:35 PM
Wow, mind blowing. lol

Lancane
08-31-2011, 02:38 PM
Wow, mind blowing. lol

Smartass! :lol:

Not really impressed, just the same old drivel...he's just mad that teams would rather go with retreads not named Orton over him! And in the process hoping he can fool Denver enough that they anti up a big pay day.

:D

Dzone
08-31-2011, 02:47 PM
haha, hey, Im tryin real hard to like this guy, stop raining on my parade..:pound: :pound:

Lancane
08-31-2011, 02:53 PM
haha, hey, Im tryin real hard to like this guy, stop raining on my parade..:pound: :pound:

I tried that last season, and I ended up hating him more...better to just outright dislike him from the beginning so there is no delusions in the relationship, that way you don't end up loathing him more or yourself for giving him a chance!
;)

:laugh:

Timmy!
08-31-2011, 05:46 PM
i really hope Orton kills it this year. the forum meltdown would be epic. :heh:

seriously though, if he keeps going head 1st on 3rd down scrambles (well, wounded giraffe forward stumbles), he might win some people over. Im no big fan, but i sure dont hate the guy. If he would stop with the fainting goat thing i might get behind him.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Grover
08-31-2011, 05:53 PM
LOL at Fainting Goat. :D

TXBRONC
08-31-2011, 07:21 PM
Imo it sounds like he's making his pitch to stay here long term.

camdisco24
08-31-2011, 07:56 PM
Imo it sounds like he's making his pitch to stay here long term.

aka he wants to pull a Jake Delhomme.

TXBRONC
08-31-2011, 07:59 PM
aka he wants to pull a Jake Delhomme.

In his prime I think Delhomme was a better quarterback.

camdisco24
08-31-2011, 08:02 PM
In his prime I think Delhomme was a better quarterback.

Hands down he was. But boy was he on Fox's good side. Jake could throw the ball backwards and Fox would still stand up for him. I wonder if Orton can get on Fox's good side like that. Could you imagine how this place would react to years of Orton/Fox love?

TXBRONC
08-31-2011, 08:10 PM
Hands down he was. But boy was he on Fox's good side. Jake could throw the ball backwards and Fox would still stand up for him. I wonder if Orton can get on Fox's good side like that. Could you imagine how this place would react to years of Orton/Fox love?

The blood letting would be profuse. That said I'm not so sure Elway is going to feel that way.

Lancane
08-31-2011, 09:10 PM
The blood letting would be profuse. That said I'm not so sure Elway is going to feel that way.

If so, John might want to delete his twitter account, something tells me that if that came to pass that his ears would turn red from what the majority of fans will want to tell him!

:lol:

MOtorboat
08-31-2011, 09:15 PM
I'm truly amazed at the hate directed at Kyle Orton.

It is truly astounding (and somewhat childish).

What makes it even more astounding is he is just as good if not better than Cutler, yet people regurlaly opine for average, yet whine about average.

BroncoJoe
08-31-2011, 09:22 PM
Don't you "hate it" when people accuse you of the same?

Ravage!!!
08-31-2011, 09:25 PM
He's not as good, and he never was. He certainly doesn't have the ability to run, in which other QBs have shown to be much better at...... like when running for TDs during playoff victories. Its astounding, alright.

Tned
08-31-2011, 09:27 PM

What makes it even more astounding is he is just as good if not better than Cutler, yet people regurlaly opine for average, yet whine about average.

Well, that's a major stretch -- i.e. Cutler.

That said, above in the thread it was mentioned that he's making a pitch to stay in Denver long term.

As long as that pitch includes playing great, and getting us wins, I'm all for it.

If he and the rest of this team surprise us and get us to the playoffs, then sign him up.

Ravage!!!
08-31-2011, 09:30 PM
I don't know. I'm just not going to buy into one year, expecting him to change into something we already know he's not.

I don't dislike the guy, and certainly don't have hate for him. I just know he's nothing more than a transitional QB. A placeholder. He's held his place for long enough. Its time to move on.

chazoe60
08-31-2011, 09:32 PM
I think he has realized that he needs to at least try to engraciate himself to the fans a little. This is the first time I've heard him reslly say he's proud to be a Bronco.

Agent of Orange
08-31-2011, 09:41 PM
I think he has realized that he needs to at least try to engraciate himself to the fans a little. This is the first time I've heard him reslly say he's proud to be a Bronco.

I hate the guy. He's a fraud. He's only saying that because he's here now and because he's not seeing any obvious road out of town. He's not a leader. He's a stop gap at most.

Lancane
08-31-2011, 09:42 PM

Come on Mo, that's completely opinionative and there is no proof of that, and don't give me the lowdown about stats, we know his stats were fluffed the last two seasons, and there is a certain 'x' factor which differentiates average or even good quarterbacks from franchise or elite quarterbacks and Orton doesn't have it.

Lancane
08-31-2011, 09:44 PM

Nine million dollars would make anyone proud, even if they aren't worth the money! ;)

BroncoStud
08-31-2011, 09:56 PM
Heres what he said, from what I remember
"I never hide the fact that I love Denver, I love my teammates and have loved the 2 years Ive been here"

Has any of the Tebow talk bothered you? "mmm nope, I dont think so"

Let's just hope Kyle isn't giving an interview at this time next season as the starting QB of the Denver Broncos.

Tned
08-31-2011, 09:57 PM
Nine million dollars would make anyone proud, even if they aren't worth the money! ;)

Hey, if someone paid me $9 million, I would move to Denver and say I loved it. Granted, I don't have a lick of talent worth $9 million, but I think that's irrelevant.

Consider the above a softball for whoever wants to knock it out of the park... ;)

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2011, 10:02 PM
If anyone would like to hear it - http://www.denverssportsstation.com/ under Ticket Replay - Les and JoJo

bcbronc
09-01-2011, 01:33 AM
Come on Mo, that's completely opinionative and there is no proof of that, and don't give me the lowdown about stats, we know his stats were fluffed the last two seasons, and there is a certain 'x' factor which differentiates average or even good quarterbacks from franchise or elite quarterbacks and Orton doesn't have it.

Either does Cutler. ;)

BroncoStud
09-01-2011, 01:44 AM

Complete and utter nonsense MO...

MOtorboat
09-01-2011, 05:48 AM
Complete and utter nonsense MO...

No, it's not. Cutler is no where near the elite class of quarterbacks. He's an average quarterback, same with Orton.

Mike
09-01-2011, 08:20 AM
Orton is Orton.

Hope he does well and expect he will for a while, but expect the usual from him one way or another. I have no doubt that we will all remember by season end what some of us have remembered since mid season last year and that will put an end to this extension crap.

chazoe60
09-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Kyle is very boring to listen to.

I thought of the perfect name for his fan club "The Cult of No Personality"

Neckbeard- President
KO8Pectate- Vice President
Corewinget- Secretary
12&4- Janitor
Alastor- Cheerleader at Arms

BroncoStud
09-01-2011, 09:36 AM
No, it's not. Cutler is no where near the elite class of quarterbacks. He's an average quarterback, same with Orton.

Orton isn't even close to the QB Cutler is. Chicago couldn't get him on plane out of town quick enough as a side salad in the trade.

Cutler can win you games and he can lose you game, Orton just won't lose you games. Cutler is above average but not elite, Orton is average. The Bears happily upgraded old noodle arm with a real QB.

vandammage13
09-01-2011, 11:22 AM

Neckbeard- President
Corewinget- Secretary
12&4- Janitor

That MB is chalked full of those types.

Canmore
09-01-2011, 11:26 AM

Neckbeard- President
Corewinget- Secretary
12&4- Janitor

Alastor- Cheerleader at Arms, too funny. :elefant:

Mike
09-13-2011, 08:14 AM
Orton is Orton.

Hope he does well and expect he will for a while, but expect the usual from him one way or another. I have no doubt that we will all remember by season end what some of us have remembered since mid season last year and that will put an end to this extension crap.

Well, not quite season end yet, but he already has many remembering who he really is. :lol:

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 09:23 AM
Kyle, go suck somewhere else. Thanks.