PDA

View Full Version : John Fox - Tuesday - 8-30

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2011, 07:08 PM
I found it very interesting what Coach Fox said today in regards to the backup QB situation. I do not want to post what he said. Click on #3, and then post what your thoughts are.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/

chazoe60
08-30-2011, 07:17 PM
I think it's smart. If you don't have to announce anything then why do it? Let the opposition guess who might come in. I also think it alleviates any controversy.

Fox is a smart dude.

Tned
08-30-2011, 07:20 PM
He said this in a presser a while back, maybe two weeks ago. He said (paraphrasing) that the NFL rules don't require him to name a #2 QB, so he's not going to. He elaborated on it a bit today, but that's essentially what he's said before.

Now that there is no emergency QB, the only time a team would ever have to, or arguably should, declare where the #2 and #3 QBs stand would be if they decide to only dress two QBs and roll the dice that the first two won't get hurt.

Dzone
08-30-2011, 07:22 PM
I thought the same thing. Very smart. We have a unique situation with Tebow and Quinn. Love the new rule. The old rule was stupid

NightTerror218
08-30-2011, 07:22 PM
He said this in a presser a while back, maybe two weeks ago. He said (paraphrasing) that the NFL rules don't require him to name a #2 QB, so he's not going to. He elaborated on it a bit today, but that's essentially what he's said before.

Now that there is no emergency QB, the only time a team would ever have to, or arguably should, declare where the #2 and #3 QBs stand would be if they decide to only dress two QBs and roll the dice that the first two won't get hurt.

We will never have a #2 or #3 Qb. But i bet Tebow will be in come packages and Quinn will be relief. If Ortonis horrible Quinn will prob go in with some Tebow packages still.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2011, 07:44 PM
What was interesting to me was when he said something like - based on the situation, and also - different strengths and weaknesses.

bcbronc
08-31-2011, 02:49 AM
We will never have a #2 or #3 Qb. But i bet Tebow will be in come packages and Quinn will be relief. If Ortonis horrible Quinn will prob go in with some Tebow packages still.

agreed. Either Orton or Quinn starting with Tebow having packages regardless. Maximizes Tebow's strengths while minimizing his weaknesses and allows him to contribute meaningfully while attempting to develop into a #1 QB.

TXBRONC
08-31-2011, 06:26 AM
It's a smart thing to do. Since he doesn't have to declare who the number 2 quarterback is then there is no reason to do it.