PDA

View Full Version : The Dumervil Blog

Dr Velcro
12-01-2008, 07:41 PM
I read Dumervil's blog prior to the game.
I made a comment & I'd like to share it with you all.

Broncos defense did one hell of a job against the Jets.
They deserve some credit.

Link to the blog...

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/dumervil/2008/11/26/turkey-family-and-football/#more-25

The comment I left......

"When we look at a football player, it’s easy to get lost in stats.

Now, I’m only going to admit this to make my point, but I’m a Colts fan.

However, I was a Cards fan first. Louisville by birth, thank you very much. Now I proudly wear my Dumervil (Broncos) jersey during just about every game. I do this because the minute he stepped onto the field in Louisville, I saw that behind the smaller than normal size was a fierce powerhouse. What got him onto that field is what lacks most in the NFL these days.

You see, even though he has talent, there are three things that really got Elvis into the draft in the first place…

Heart, passion & hunger.

Out of any defensive player on that team, he has the most of these three qualities. He knows (all too well) what it’s like to come into something as an underdog. He’s been an underdog from the beginning. I hope he knows that this is a good thing. It’s why I’m inspired to wear that jersey over a Freeney one.

Using what you have on this defense, I think it’s more than possible for the Broncos to shut-down the Jets’ offense. It’s going to take heart, passion & hunger. Being understated can be an advantage, but the Jets know Elvis is there. I think by now, lol, every offense in the league knows he’s there.

And to Elvis, if you read this…

Being a big play-maker in an undersized defensive line, you have it in you to bring up morale and get these guys psyched to get the job done. Remind everyone on that field why you’re here….heart, passion and hunger.

And please thank your mother for giving you those qualities…along with the “Cool” name that goes with it."

Italianmobstr7
12-01-2008, 10:10 PM
I didn't know that you were a Colts fan.... :tsk:

weazel
12-02-2008, 02:47 AM
I read Dumervil's blog prior to the game.
I made a comment & I'd like to share it with you all.

Broncos defense did one hell of a job against the Jets.
They deserve some credit.

Link to the blog...

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/dumervil/2008/11/26/turkey-family-and-football/#more-25

The comment I left......

"When we look at a football player, it’s easy to get lost in stats.

Now, I’m only going to admit this to make my point, but I’m a Colts fan.

However, I was a Cards fan first. Louisville by birth, thank you very much. Now I proudly wear my Dumervil (Broncos) jersey during just about every game. I do this because the minute he stepped onto the field in Louisville, I saw that behind the smaller than normal size was a fierce powerhouse. What got him onto that field is what lacks most in the NFL these days.

You see, even though he has talent, there are three things that really got Elvis into the draft in the first place…

Heart, passion & hunger.

Out of any defensive player on that team, he has the most of these three qualities. He knows (all too well) what it’s like to come into something as an underdog. He’s been an underdog from the beginning. I hope he knows that this is a good thing. It’s why I’m inspired to wear that jersey over a Freeney one.

Using what you have on this defense, I think it’s more than possible for the Broncos to shut-down the Jets’ offense. It’s going to take heart, passion & hunger. Being understated can be an advantage, but the Jets know Elvis is there. I think by now, lol, every offense in the league knows he’s there.

And to Elvis, if you read this…

Being a big play-maker in an undersized defensive line, you have it in you to bring up morale and get these guys psyched to get the job done. Remind everyone on that field why you’re here….heart, passion and hunger.

And please thank your mother for giving you those qualities…along with the “Cool” name that goes with it."

dude, forget the Colts... Elway did!

Gamechanger
12-02-2008, 09:54 AM
dude, forget the Colts...Elway did!

:tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

claymore
12-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Doc V......

Would you say that you love Elvis Dumerville more than any current colt? :D

Superchop 7
12-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Passion, Hunger, and a heart on.

dogfish
12-03-2008, 05:59 AM
hey doc. . . .

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t0WFsnxECDU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t0WFsnxECDU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:woot:

Dr Velcro
12-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Doc V......

Would you say that you love Elvis Dumerville more than any current colt? :D

I have to tell you that I do root pretty hard for you guys.

Day1BroncoFan
12-04-2008, 12:22 PM

Who will you root for if we play the colts in the playoffs this year? :coffee:

claymore
12-04-2008, 12:31 PM

I give it 2 years before you are fully adopted to this family we call Bronco Love. :hug:

Dr Velcro
12-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Who will you root for if we play the colts in the playoffs this year? :coffee:

Well, you see it's hard for obvious reasons.

However, I'm one to root for a good team that hasn't seen fair media coverage over the years. They seem to get slammed every time I go to watch highlights on ESPN, if we even see anything at all.

You have a team like the Colts, and nobody bashes them for the obvious reasons...
You have Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Gonzo, Addai, Clark, Saturday, Hope, Brackett, etc...and for some reason the games are always SO CLOSE, painfully so. It's daunting. I couldn't even stand to watch the last game against the BROWNS no less!

Yes, we win...but I'm really tired of "by a hair". It's B.S. I'm not being ungrateful, but I can't even afford to go to a damned game cuz the tickets at Lucas are so much $$

With that "good a team" ? C'mon. I dunno. Moore pisses me off. Dungy pisses me off even though he's a great coach, I get really sick of slow and steady. It's really screwed us at times. Thank God we have Adam Vinatari.

Seeing as how the Broncos get verbally bashed and chuckled at by announcers (screw you, Warren Sapp). I'd lke to see this team come out form nowhere and make everyone eat their words. I'm all about a good franchise & great competition.

Yeah, the Colts are going to probably stay a top team & I've loved them for many years, but I'm not against another good team coming in and shutting everyone up....and maybe getting my stadium ticket prices lowered.

I give it 2 years before you are fully adopted to this family we call Bronco Love. :hug:

I don't need to be adopted...I'm much better as an outsider :D