PDA

View Full Version : U29- Big Money fantasy teams.

underrated29
08-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Here are my two teams. First one is a PPR-6pts all tds, standard everything else. Except you MUST draft exactly the position listed and backups. Also we were a 12 team and 2 guys didnt show, so now its a 10.

Rivers, Eli
Rice, Benson, Felix, Addai, Tate
Vjax, Dez B, Britt, Amendola, branch
Owen D, Marcedes L
Falcons K, Vikings K
Giants D, Vikings D

and this is my other Big money league- .5ppr- 6pt all tds, standard everything else....(this was possibly one of the WEIRDEST drafts I have ever seen in my entire LIFE!--There were literally NO RBS left by round 9...I mean NO RBS--

Starters:

Matt Ryan
Arian Foster, Steve Jax, Ryan Grant (<-flex)
Mike Wallace, Wes Welker
Vernon Davis
STL- kicker
Pats- D

Bench:
Flacco
Sproles, Tate, Delone Carter (oh ya!)
James Jones
Meachum

I wanted to see waiver wire depth at RB- Taiwan Jones, Mccluster, toddman, jaquizz, leon washington, derrick ward....Thats it. There is nothing left at RB.

Anyway- watya guys think?

underrated29
08-29-2011, 02:42 PM
8 views and no one can even say:

Solid team.

Your team should be named nate jones.

I like your depth here but not here..

you rock have my babies..

Nuthin???

Buff
08-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Sorry, I had like two lines typed out about what a horrible fantasy draft I had last night and then it just got too painful to think about and so I X'd out of the thread in a hurry.

I don't love your RB's, but then again, I am just bitter about drafting so poorly last night.

underrated29
08-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Thanks Buffalo. Sorry you had a bad draft.

Which team do you not like my RBs? First, second, or both?

BroncoWave
08-29-2011, 03:00 PM
Team one is solid in a 10 team league. Not a huge fan of your RBs past Rice but everything else looks good.

How many teams are in your other league?

Buff
08-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Thanks Buffalo. Sorry you had a bad draft.

Which team do you not like my RBs? First, second, or both?

Second team. It might end up panning out fine - but I just don't think Foster can repeat last year's performance, S-Jax is in the McDaniels system so his value is going to take a hit, and Ryan Grant singlehandedly ruined my season last year.

They'll probably be fine, but I just am not crazy about the combination of the three.

underrated29
08-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Team one is solid in a 10 team league. Not a huge fan of your RBs past Rice but everything else looks good.

How many teams are in your other league?

Benson is going to kick some bootay this year. Watch and see. And I think addai in a ppr with a cake schedule should do well, but I guess thats all you can ask for with a later round guy..... BUT- my other league is a 12 team league.

Second team. It might end up panning out fine - but I just don't think Foster can repeat last year's performance, S-Jax is in the McDaniels system so his value is going to take a hit, and Ryan Grant singlehandedly ruined my season last year.

They'll probably be fine, but I just am not crazy about the combination of the three.

Trust me, I DID NOT want foster, but he fell to me and I had to bite, obviousy i took Tate as the handcuff. Id rather have taken CJ2k but he was gone too...It went Rice, AP, CJ, me--then it got real weird.

BUT I LOVE the SjAx pick. I happen to be one that thinks what Mcd tried to do here will work with Sjax there. I expect Big time beastly numbers from him. Its also a ppr so i will get points for that too. But I get that he makes people uneasy.

Im more concerned about ryan grant.

BroncoWave
08-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Given that league 2 is a 12 team league I think you kicked ass in that draft. No real weaknesses that I can see.

dogfish
08-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Sorry, I had like two lines typed out about what a horrible fantasy draft I had last night and then it just got to painful to think about and so I X'd out of the thread in a hurry.

I don't love your RB's, but then again, I am just bitter about drafting so poorly last night.

dude, post it! nobody ever posts their shitty teams. . .

Here are my two teams. First one is a PPR-6pts all tds, standard everything else. Except you MUST draft exactly the position listed and backups. Also we were a 12 team and 2 guys didnt show, so now its a 10.

Rivers, Eli
Rice, Benson, Felix, Addai, Tate
Vjax, Dez B, Britt, Amendola, branch
Owen D, Marcedes L
Falcons K, Vikings K
Giants D, Vikings D

and this is my other Big money league- .5ppr- 6pt all tds, standard everything else....(this was possibly one of the WEIRDEST drafts I have ever seen in my entire LIFE!--There were literally NO RBS left by round 9...I mean NO RBS--

Starters:

Matt Ryan
Arian Foster, Steve Jax, Ryan Grant (<-flex)
Mike Wallace, Wes Welker
Vernon Davis
STL- kicker
Pats- D

Bench:
Flacco
Sproles, Tate, Delone Carter (oh ya!)
James Jones
Meachum

I wanted to see waiver wire depth at RB- Taiwan Jones, Mccluster, toddman, jaquizz, leon washington, derrick ward....Thats it. There is nothing left at RB.

Anyway- watya guys think?

dude. . . you rock have my babies..!!

uhh. . . honest opinion?

solid teams, but neither necessarily screams "championship!" to me. . .

team 1:

like your front line starters, and this team could do well. . . you're counting on some volatile dudes at WR. . . and i'd get rid of branch-- i think he literally has NO value, there almost has to be better on the waiver in a ten or even twelve team league (which is it?). . . he has welker, gronkowski, hernandez, and now ocho as well to compete for touches? too much. . . he may have weeks where they don't even look at him. . . take somebody on a weaker offense who's a true second option, even third. . . you got god value and depth at TE-- you can play matchups all year, and didn't have to spend a high pick to do it. . .

whoever designed a league that makes you keep two kickers should get kicked in the nuts by seabass and mason crosby-- stupidest roster set-up ever, and please tell them i said so. . . :lol:

i'm a big fan of ray rice this year, but your other running backs are a bunch of rotational FF guys unless felix jones steps up this year. . . i do like him as a breakout candidate, but i'm not a big fan of him as anything past a flex starter, or first back off the bench. . . and i don't think you're going to get away with using cedben as a starter-- not with andy dalton at QB, that line, and a schedule that features pitt and baltimore each twice. . . addai sucks, but he's a good TD producer the six-to-eight weeks a year he's healthy. . . :D

i don't necessarily love having your top QB and WR on the same team, but obviously it really pays off when jackson has a big game--and he should have a lot, especially if gates isn't healthy. . . with all the drafts i'm seeing this year i'd say you took a chance grabbing rivers instead of waiting for romo, manning or schaub, but i kinda don't blame you in a money league-- i took him in the third in a recent keeper, and also paid in WR depth the way you did in RB depth. . .

team 2:

who'd you pass at QB? i think ryan has a lot of potential this year, but i'm not convinced smith will get too far away from the running game, even with the addition of julio jones. . . matt's definitely capable of taking that next step up to the FF elite level, but in a money league i probably would have paid what you had to for one of the higher-tier QBs who have proven it. . . JMO. . .

i like your top RBs, IF foster's hamstring isn't too bad. . . he ran for big YPC during the pre-season with it obviously not healed, and i think he'll probably gut it out and still have a solid year. . . hopefully, anyway. . . and i think steven jackson will be just fine-- i expect a big year from him. . . spags won't let the little dictator abandon the run game-- jakcson had like twenty carries in the first half of one of their pre-season games. . . and the mini-hoodie loves to throw screens-- jackson caught 90 passes a few years ago, he's an excellent receiver. . . and third, look how many goal line carries moreno got-- jackson's TDs will go up this year, especially if the passing game improves and generates more red zone chances. . . and they added harvey dahl, a nasty run-blocker to improve their interior OL. . . jackson's underrated a little this year IMO. . . durability's the only concern i have, and he typically only misses a few games a year. . .

i would see if you can get james starks off your waiver wire instead of sproles-- and if not, maybe try to trade for him. . . your receivers are solid, although you did miss out on a true #1. . . mike wallace at least has some potential to fill that role this year, though. . . welker's super consistent, but won't give you many TDs with those TEs in the offense now. . . decent WR2. . . meachem's a high-upside/total bust prospect. . . james jones makes me nervous-- i think there's a chance jordy nelson could jump him on the depth chart this year, and at best he's fighting nelson AND donald driver for catches behind jennings and finley. . . i'd see if you can find somebody whose situation is a little clearer-- again, JMO obviously. . .

:salute:

you should have a chance with both of those teams, let us know how they do. . . .

underrated29
08-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Thanks dog.

Branch was my third to last pick. There might be Simone better but for now I don't care. Drop adds are five dollars each so I will wait until someone breaks out. Im personally a big fan of qb to we if they are top players but it does have its drawbacks as you pointed out.

Second league-

6 qbs went after my 4thhockey overall and before my 2ndphone pick....I had romo, schaub, Peyton, Ryan and below still on the board. None obviously are worth a second rd pick. So I took sjax and waited. Like I said it was a weird weird weird draft.

How do you not like Wallace? Dude killed it for me last year and I expect in a ppr he will do it again. That's why I took Walker ppr. So in rd 4 or 5 I took Ryan. Im not a fan of him really but I panicked. I've never seen 6 go before pick 20. Then it was literally a rb frenzy..caught me off guard ....it was weird. Starks was taken eight after I snagged Ryan...there are two rbs that just got put on waivers...Thomas jones and Marion barber....I know barber is a td machine we think but I mean it there are zero rbs available ...I might take one cept I only have 4the we and need them for bye week. I might drop jones with a bum knee for barber.

This league drop adds are 8$a so you really have to be careful

underrated29
08-29-2011, 09:10 PM
Lol I didn't intentionally put the thumbs down there in the last post. Remember im doing this from my phone so sometimes it does weird stuff like that

Buff
08-29-2011, 09:37 PM
Peyton Manning, Chad Henne, Alex Smith (No, I'm not kidding, I drafted those guys)
Blount, Knowshon, Tomlinson (Stephens-Howling, Anthony Dixon, Delone Carter)
Stevie Johnson, Mike Thomas (Hines Ward, Deion Branch)
Owen Daniels
Ravens
Vinateri

This is my 16 team league - it's a keeper league (2 keepers) that I started last year, one year late, so I inherited a team with no keepers. My two potential keepers from last year were Hillis and Lloyd, but I was better off starting over... Which leads me to last night's draft...

It seemed like absolutely nothing went right for me in this draft. Everyone in my queue getting snagged right ahead of me. I panicked on at least two picks and picked guys/positions I had no intention of taking (see Anthony Dixon, who is due to lose his job any day now.) Part of it was bad luck, part of it was just being a dumbass bad drafter.

I couldn't justify Matt Forte, Ahmad Bradshaw or Peyton Hillis over Peyton Manning with my #1 pick. This may have been the year to take a chance on Forte over Manning, but given Manning's perennial dominance I just couldn't do it. I think Nicks and Mike Wallace were also right there.

At backup QB I was all set to take Ryan Fitzpatrick as my insurance policy and he went right in front of me... So I completely missed the train on backups for Peyton, which is the worst year to ever let that happen - thus, i overcompensated and took Henne/Smith with my last two picks thinking at least I'll have options in week 1 if Peyton doesn't start. (I know how horrible this logic is.)

underrated29
08-29-2011, 09:53 PM
That's not terrible ...but why didn't you keep hollis and Lloyd?

Booing and knowshin could have goos years the rest have to......never mind. You know this.

Blount not booing. Yeah buff there is not much to say this one needs some good luck

Buff
08-29-2011, 10:00 PM
That's not terrible ...but why didn't you keep hollis and Lloyd?

Booing and knowshin could have goos years the rest have to......never mind. You know this.

Blount not booing. Yeah buff there is not much to say this one needs some good luck

Because they fell further down the board in terms of predraft rankings, so I knew that I could throw them back into the pool and still have a chance to draft both guys if I wanted to... But I ended up taking Manning and Blount instead.

I am Knowshon's biggest critic. I think McGahee is going to get all the TD's. I didn't want him, or LT, or Mike Thomas, or really anyone else on my roster, but I felt like I was kind of forced into a lot of picks because the board was getting thin and I was late to the party on everything.

chazoe60
08-29-2011, 11:47 PM
Team 1 is a little short on RBs and team 2 is a little short on WRs. But overall seems pretty solid. Play the matchups right and you could definitely be a winner.

dogfish
09-06-2011, 02:50 AM
How do you not like Wallace?

forgot to answer this. . . and actually, wallace is fine. . . i just have him a little below the guys that have done it multiple years-- if he can repeat last year's numbers, he's a solid #1. . .

underrated29
12-06-2011, 10:44 PM
So I have officially made the playoffs with all 3 of my fantasy teams!!!

Team 1- I snuck in the 3rd spot last night. My roster is very different because of all the injuries this year. But the guy I beat last week is the guy I play first round (this week) I like the matchups. I should be ok. This is by far my weakest team of my 3 but im doing ok

Eli, Rivers
Rice, Benson, spiller, mourice morris, demarco murray
vjax, dez b, crabtree, branch, demaryous
Owen D, Mercedes
Giants, raiders D

I know I need better TE and D, but drop adds cost a lot and I wont upgrade unless I make it to the conference game.

underrated29
12-06-2011, 10:52 PM
Team 2 from the front page, I am the league leading scorer in points and wins. I have a first round bye. BOO YA- Its my biggest league too. Right now there is $5435 in the pot for first place!!!! I gotta bring this home!

Matt Ryan, Flacco
Foster, Steven Jax, Sproles, Tate, spiller, DJ Ware
Welker, Wallace, Decker, DT,
Vernon Davis
David Akers
Giants D

Record so far 10-3

My third team which I hadnt drafted at the time of the thread is only a $60 buy in. I am also KILLING IT in this league too. First place, and a bye, leader in points and record. 12-1....The even better thing is I traded Fred Jackson and Matt Schaub for Drew Brees and Shaun Green two weeks before they went on IR.....AWESOME! HAHAHA.

Drew brees, Big ben,
rice, mendenhall, ryan mathews, spiller, helu, hardesty, maurice morris
megatron, welker, colston, miles austin,
Ed dickson
Akers
Bengals D

So this is me slighly boasting, but more than anything I am happy and dogfish wanted me to post an update. So here it is.

Might need some assistance to set proper rosters for playoffs, but those start next week.

underrated29
12-27-2011, 12:14 AM
So my team of:

Ryan/Flacco
steven jax, foster, sproles, tate, dj ware
welker, wallace, DT, Decker
vernon davis
David Akers
Giants D

JUST WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! practically on the last play of the game. The darren sproles TD reception gave me the lead and the win! How ya like me now. PS- this was my big money league!!!!!!!!:beer::beer::beer::beer::elefant::be er::beer::beer::beer:

shank
12-27-2011, 12:41 AM
what's the take?

dogfish
12-27-2011, 01:42 AM
what's my cut?

underrated29
12-27-2011, 12:08 PM
what's the take?

what's my cut?

The pot was about $5500 all said and done, however, I dont get to take it all. I thought I did, but they pay for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. I dont know the breakdowns yet, but its going to be sexy either way!!

Your cut?- the guy who on page 1 says hmmm...not sure if they are championship teams.....???lol----ill buy you a beer whenever I see you next. Maybe two or three.

MOtorboat
08-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Peyton Manning, Chad Henne, Alex Smith (No, I'm not kidding, I drafted those guys)
Blount, Knowshon, Tomlinson (Stephens-Howling, Anthony Dixon, Delone Carter)
Stevie Johnson, Mike Thomas (Hines Ward, Deion Branch)
Owen Daniels
Ravens
Vinateri

This is my 16 team league - it's a keeper league (2 keepers) that I started last year, one year late, so I inherited a team with no keepers. My two potential keepers from last year were Hillis and Lloyd, but I was better off starting over... Which leads me to last night's draft...

It seemed like absolutely nothing went right for me in this draft. Everyone in my queue getting snagged right ahead of me. I panicked on at least two picks and picked guys/positions I had no intention of taking (see Anthony Dixon, who is due to lose his job any day now.) Part of it was bad luck, part of it was just being a dumbass bad drafter.

I couldn't justify Matt Forte, Ahmad Bradshaw or Peyton Hillis over Peyton Manning with my #1 pick. This may have been the year to take a chance on Forte over Manning, but given Manning's perennial dominance I just couldn't do it. I think Nicks and Mike Wallace were also right there.

At backup QB I was all set to take Ryan Fitzpatrick as my insurance policy and he went right in front of me... So I completely missed the train on backups for Peyton, which is the worst year to ever let that happen - thus, i overcompensated and took Henne/Smith with my last two picks thinking at least I'll have options in week 1 if Peyton doesn't start. (I know how horrible this logic is.)

I'm interested how this turned out for Buff..

Alex Smith wasn't bad, but overall there's no way this team finished in the top half of the league.

NightTerror218
08-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Team 1
not bad, I do like Tate, he has been solid as a later pick RB for me in past. Bensen i hope was not an early pick, he is in 30s and could be a hit or miss pick IMO. Britt is a POS who is going to be suspended and has not finished healthy the last 2 years I have had him on my team.

Team 2
I like much better. As for your QBs if Ryan and Jones hit it off together Ryan could be a better fantasy QB. He has disappointed me in past. But with him and Flacco I would also look to see who their opponents are to decide who to start. I do not like the Jones pick. I think there could be better rookie WRs then him. In my draft i picked up Austin Collie since Luck seems to have a knack for him right now. I hope to see him as a little hidden gem. He did great with manning too until injured.

How did those teams fare in the end?

MOtorboat
08-16-2012, 12:54 PM
Team 1
not bad, I do like Tate, he has been solid as a later pick RB for me in past. Bensen i hope was not an early pick, he is in 30s and could be a hit or miss pick IMO. Britt is a POS who is going to be suspended and has not finished healthy the last 2 years I have had him on my team.

Team 2
I like much better. As for your QBs if Ryan and Jones hit it off together Ryan could be a better fantasy QB. He has disappointed me in past. But with him and Flacco I would also look to see who their opponents are to decide who to start. I do not like the Jones pick. I think there could be better rookie WRs then him. In my draft i picked up Austin Collie since Luck seems to have a knack for him right now. I hope to see him as a little hidden gem. He did great with manning too until injured.

The draft in the OP is last year.

underrated29
08-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Team 1

Team 2

Me?

These were my teams last year if you are referring to me. And I won the big one, and lost the other two. Took third place in one and got bumped out first round in the other, unlucky week. I was the leagues highest scorer by like 400 points or something ridiculous.

NightTerror218
08-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Me?

These were my teams last year if you are referring to me. And I won the big one, and lost the other two. Took third place in one and got bumped out first round in the other, unlucky week. I was the leagues highest scorer by like 400 points or something ridiculous.

yah you. I commented on your team and wondered how they turned turned out.

BroncoNut
08-16-2012, 02:11 PM
UR29- big homo

thread title fixed

underrated29
08-16-2012, 03:29 PM
yah you. I commented on your team and wondered how they turned turned out.

Its a few pages up, but team 1 from front page, got 2nd place in playoffs-and it was my worst team.
Team 2- I wont the top prize and championship!!
Team 3- my best team got knocked out round 1.

as seen below by my post, which is 5 posts above.

Team 2 from the front page, I am the league leading scorer in points and wins. I have a first round bye. BOO YA- Its my biggest league too. Right now there is $5435 in the pot for first place!!!! I gotta bring this home!

Matt Ryan, Flacco
Foster, Steven Jax, Sproles, Tate, spiller, DJ Ware
Welker, Wallace, Decker, DT,
Vernon Davis
David Akers
Giants D

Record so far 10-3

My third team which I hadnt drafted at the time of the thread is only a $60 buy in. I am also KILLING IT in this league too. First place, and a bye, leader in points and record. 12-1....The even better thing is I traded Fred Jackson and Matt Schaub for Drew Brees and Shaun Green two weeks before they went on IR.....AWESOME! HAHAHA.

Drew brees, Big ben,
rice, mendenhall, ryan mathews, spiller, helu, hardesty, maurice morris
megatron, welker, colston, miles austin,
Ed dickson
Akers
Bengals D

So this is me slighly boasting, but more than anything I am happy and dogfish wanted me to post an update. So here it is.

Might need some assistance to set proper rosters for playoffs, but those start next week.

underrated29
08-16-2012, 03:29 PM
UR29- big homo

thread title fixed

Dont hate me because I am beautiful

Thnikkaman
08-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Dont hate me because I am beautiful

We don't hate you. We just think you're a metro sexual wuss.

underrated29
08-16-2012, 06:01 PM
We don't hate you. We just think you're a metro sexual wuss.

I am not buff. You shall see if you show to the saints game.

Thnikkaman
08-20-2012, 08:59 AM
I am not buff. You shall see if you show to the saints game.

Not this year. I'll be back for a tailgate again sometime.

underrated29
08-20-2012, 09:10 AM
Not this year. I'll be back for a tailgate again sometime.

Too bad, dog, shaw and I were going to get u blitzed and go crowd surfing

Thnikkaman
08-20-2012, 09:15 AM
Too bad, dog, shaw and I were going to get u blitzed and go crowd surfing

I got blitzed last time, and that's when the nacho cheese incident happened.

underrated29
08-20-2012, 12:46 PM
I got blitzed last time, and that's when the nacho cheese incident happened.

Thats why this time will be so much better. I will make you a cape to wear, with a big badass letter T in the middle of a nacho.

Thnikkaman
08-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Thats why this time will be so much better. I will make you a cape to wear, with a big badass letter T in the middle of a nacho.

If I could afford the plane ticket, I'd be there. Trust me.