View Full Version : Nate Jones was CUT!

PAINTERDAVE
08-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Broncos FB -
Denver has released CB Nate Jones
waived RB CJ Gable, LB Braxton Kelley,
LB Deron Mayo, G Shawn Murphy,
T Curt Porter & DE David Veikune.

The roster currently stands at 80 players.
The team must cut its roster to the regular-season limit
of 53 players by 4 p.m. MDT on Sept. 3.

Slick
08-29-2011, 10:13 AM
Gracias a Dios.

underrated29
08-29-2011, 10:24 AM
* cue choir music*

HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH! !!!!!!!!!

Zweems56
08-29-2011, 10:45 AM
Sweet baby jesus, thank you.

Buff
08-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Add him to the list of Denver Broncos defenders who won't find another job in the NFL after moving on.

Nomad
08-29-2011, 10:53 AM
When it comes to the BRONCOS and the name Nate, hopefully for Irving's sake it won't curse him as it has others.

Mike
08-29-2011, 10:55 AM
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k145/bubba_thudd/bye.jpg

Northman
08-29-2011, 11:16 AM
From what i understand he was more of a liability so good luck to him somewhere else.

NightTerror218
08-29-2011, 11:22 AM
:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elef ant:

BroncoNut
08-29-2011, 11:52 AM
oh shit. How bad?

underrated29
08-29-2011, 12:19 PM
oh shit. How bad?

THat was funny like the three years ago....It has now worn out its welcome.

:welcome:

BroncoNut
08-29-2011, 12:21 PM
THat was funny like the three years ago....It has now worn out its welcome.

I was wondering if anyone would remember. Ps. eff you

GEM
08-29-2011, 01:10 PM
There is a Broncos God. :lol: And he does answer prayers!!

HORSEPOWER 56
08-29-2011, 01:14 PM
There is a Broncos God. :lol: And he does answer prayers!!

So let me get this straight... both Richard Quinn and Nate Jones have been sent packing? EFX have already improved this team no matter what else happens. :D

Traveler
08-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Never one to wish unemployment on anyone, but I'm glad the staff saw how terrible his play has been.

rationalfan
08-29-2011, 01:57 PM
i don't get the nate jones hate. yes, he's looked poor this preseason. but he wasn't going to play in the regular season anyway (he was, what, the sixth CB?). so he wasn't going to be a liability to this team when the real season starts. yet, some people on this board reacted to his play like he might be the downfall of this defense.

why not hate on any of the other subpar players who were cut?

i mean, it's not like pointing out jones' flaws made anyone on here appear to be any more football savvy than anyone else. we can all understand the obvious.

and, just to clarify, i'm not against criticizing players. but the jones hate took on a larger life than i think it deserved.

BroncoNut
08-29-2011, 01:59 PM
i don't get the nate jones hate. yes, he's looked poor this preseason. but he wasn't going to play in the regular season anyway (he was, what, the sixth CB?). so he wasn't going to be a liability to this team when the real season starts. yet, some people on this board reacted to his play like he might be the downfall of this defense.

i mean, it's not like pointing out jones' flaws made anyone on here appear to be any more football savvy than anyone else. we can all understand the obvious.

and, just to clarify, i'm not against criticizing players. but the jones hate took on a larger life than i think it deserved.

I agree.

BroncoWave
08-29-2011, 02:00 PM

He was signed by Josh McDaniels. There is your answer. And I fully agree with your sentiment.

underrated29
08-29-2011, 02:01 PM

Because, and this is the god honest truth. I can play CB just as good as he can. Why? Because the WR will complete the pass against me too, and I will have to tackle him- just like he does.

Why have him on your team when you can develop guys like Ca$$uis, and Syd and Perrish dirty cox. Why waste a roster spot on a guy that flat out BLOWS! then have an injury only to see him come in.

Id rather waste his spot on vernon gholston, or lenny walls or anyone who has upside. Nate Jones- has none, he sucks, and yet we have had to watch his terrible play for a few years now. Its more than past due that he is gone.

Traveler
08-29-2011, 02:02 PM

I don't think it's hate per se. Moreso, we've seen him get beat quite often last year and this preseason.

BroncoWave
08-29-2011, 02:05 PM
Because, and this is the god honest truth. I can play CB just as good as he can. Why? Because the WR will complete the pass against me too, and I will have to tackle him- just like he does.

Why have him on your team when you can develop guys like Ca$$uis, and Syd and Perrish dirty cox. Why waste a roster spot on a guy that flat out BLOWS! then have an injury only to see him come in.

Id rather waste his spot on vernon gholston, or lenny walls or anyone who has upside. Nate Jones- has none, he sucks, and yet we have had to watch his terrible play for a few years now. Its more than past due that he is gone.

I don't know you or what you look like or how fast you are, but I would be willing to bet even the slowest WR in the NFL would blow by you within 5-10 yards and you'd have no chance to even get a hand on him, nonetheless tackle him.

dogfish
08-29-2011, 02:07 PM
:werd:

:cool:

GEM
08-29-2011, 02:08 PM
He was signed by Josh McDaniels. There is your answer. And I fully agree with your sentiment.

No, it's because he sucked. And if you suck, there's really no reason to use up a roster spot on him.

You bring up Josh McDaniels more than those you try to continually say won't let him go.

rationalfan
08-29-2011, 02:10 PM
No, it's because he sucked. And if you suck, there's really no reason to use up a roster spot on him.

there are a lot of people who would say the same about tebow.

BroncoWave
08-29-2011, 02:11 PM

You bring up Josh McDaniels more than those you try to continually say won't let him go.

When you have a 90 man roster, you are going to have a few guys on it that suck balls. When you have a guy like Nate Jones who was never going to see the field in the regular season even if he had made the team (which most of us figured he wouldn't) I really don't see much of a point in mercilessly bashing him. We have had SEVERAL backups on this team stink it up this preseason. Why was Nate Jones singled out among all of them by the fans on here? Because he was signed by and got regular season PT under McDaniels. It's as simple as that.

BroncoNut
08-29-2011, 02:12 PM
I don't know you or what you look like or how fast you are, but I would be willing to bet even the slowest WR in the NFL would blow by you within 5-10 yards and you'd have no chance to even get a hand on him, nonetheless tackle him.

no kidding. UR29 sucks. Nice post

GEM
08-29-2011, 02:14 PM
there are a lot of people who would say the same about tebow.

Tebow has a first round draft pick attached to him. I don't compare the 2. I have an opinion on both.

Jones has been a glaring negative this preseason and last season. He's an 8 year vet and I don't think he's going to change his play anytime soon. I feel the roster spot is better used elsewhere. There is no loss to the team by cutting him.

I started out a Tebow big time fan. I have watched him in preseason and now feel that he is not ready to start at the NFL level. I do see some positives from him though. I feel that we have invested far too much in him now to just cut him. I feel he is worthy of a roster spot, just not the starting roster spot. There is a loss to the team if we were to just cut him.

GEM
08-29-2011, 02:15 PM
When you have a 90 man roster, you are going to have a few guys on it that suck balls. When you have a guy like Nate Jones who was never going to see the field in the regular season even if he had made the team (which most of us figured he wouldn't) I really don't see much of a point in mercilessly bashing him. We have had SEVERAL backups on this team stink it up this preseason. Why was Nate Jones singled out among all of them by the fans on here? Because he was signed by and got regular season PT under McDaniels. It's as simple as that.

No, because he continually has gotten beat the last 3 games. Fresh in the mind. McDaniels only has something to do with it in your mind. Before you said it, I had no idea who signed him. I read that he was an 8 year vet and figured he'd been with us for awhile longer than McDaniels. But hey....once again...you know what I'm thinking before I do. :applause: Do you charge for your services?

Buff
08-29-2011, 02:15 PM

He was one of those guys on defense who was so obviously terrible that he almost became a symbol of the defense's struggles.

He was kind of a bellwether for the rest of the defense. Like, as long as Nate Jones was on the field, our defense was destined to be terrible.

BroncoWave
08-29-2011, 02:17 PM
No, because he continually has gotten beat the last 3 games. Fresh in the mind. McDaniels only has something to do with it in your mind.

So Nate Jones was the only Broncos player who has sucked in the preseason? If not, why has he gotten so much more hate than any other Bronco player in the preseason? Please explain that.

BroncoWave
08-29-2011, 02:19 PM
No, because he continually has gotten beat the last 3 games. Fresh in the mind. McDaniels only has something to do with it in your mind. Before you said it, I had no idea who signed him. I read that he was an 8 year vet and figured he'd been with us for awhile longer than McDaniels. But hey....once again...you know what I'm thinking before I do. :applause: Do you charge for your services?

But hey...once again...you assume I'm talking about you when I'm making a general statement. :applause: Do you charge for your services?

GEM
So Nate Jones was the only Broncos player who has sucked in the preseason? If not, why has he gotten so much more hate than any other Bronco player in the preseason? Please explain that.

Because his bad plays have been so glaring. Continually over and over and over. It doesn't help that it is local guys calling the games and they know him by name and continually call out his bad plays as he makes them.

GEM
But hey...once again...you assume I'm talking about you when I'm making a general statement. :applause: Do you charge for your services?

Not a single person here has brought up McDaniels.....except you.

dogfish
08-29-2011, 02:20 PM
stop bashin' nate jones, you guys, feelings are really gettin' hurt up in here!

BroncoNut
08-29-2011, 02:20 PM
this argument between GEM and BTB is really becoming personal and bitter.

dogfish
08-29-2011, 02:21 PM
Because his bad plays have been so glaring. Continually over and over and over. It doesn't help that it is local guys calling the games and they know him by name and continually call out his bad plays as he makes them.

don't you remember how no one ever complained about marlon mccree or nate webster?

nurrrrr. . . .

GEM
08-29-2011, 02:23 PM
don't you remember how no one ever complained about marlon mccree or nate webster?

nurrrrr. . . .

Yea....heaven forbid in the pc pussification, someone reads that they can't play football. Poor guy.

BroncoWave
08-29-2011, 02:24 PM

It's the preseason and teams had NINETY man rosters. You are going to have some stinkers in there. I've never seen so much anger toward a guy and glee over the release of a guy who was a last string player in the preseason. It may not hold true for everyone, but it's the best explanation I can come up with.

The fact that he has been in the league for 8 years obviously means he has done something right at some point. Perhaps Fox felt with the luxury of having NINETY men on his roster, he could afford to give a guy like that a look. He obviously wasn't good enough to make the team and Fox cut him. Seeing as CB is a position we are fairly deep with youth in, it was a move that Fox could afford to make.

But yeah, bringing out the pitchforks for the last string CB for how he played in the preseason against other last stringers TOTALLY makes sense! :lol:

GEM
08-29-2011, 02:26 PM
It's the preseason and teams had NINETY man rosters. You are going to have some stinkers in there. I've never seen so much anger toward a guy and glee over the release of a guy who was a last string player in the preseason. It may not hold true for everyone, but it's the best explanation I can come up with.

The fact that he has been in the league for 8 years obviously means he has done something right at some point. Perhaps Fox felt with the luxury of having NINETY men on his roster, he could afford to give a guy like that a look. He obviously wasn't good enough to make the team and Fox cut him. Seeing as CB is a position we are fairly deep with youth in, it was a move that Fox could afford to make.

But yeah, bringing out the pitchforks for the last string CB for how he played in the preseason against other last stringers TOTALLY makes sense! :lol:

So you don't like it, don't read it. Unless someone is breaking a rule, they can post what they want. It doesn't have to make sense to you, just like you don't have to read it if you don't like it.

BroncoWave
08-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Yea....heaven forbid in the pc pussification, someone reads that they can't play football. Poor guy.

Yeah, I'm so sad about what people are saying about nate freaking jones! :lol:

I honestly couldn't give two shits about the guy either way. Just giving my opinion on why he is trashed so much. But leave it to you (a mod nonetheless) to come in and make it personal. All I said was Josh McDaniels signing him was a reason for his hatred, and you come in guns high and blast me and accuse me of knowing what you are thinking. This thread didn't get personal or off topic until you threw your two cents in.

BroncoWave
08-29-2011, 02:29 PM
So you don't like it, don't read it. Unless someone is breaking a rule, they can post what they want. It doesn't have to make sense to you, just like you don't have to read it if you don't like it.

Where did I say I don't like it, or that someone can't post what they want to? I would greatly appreciate if you would stop making this thread about me and putting words in my mouth. I gave a GENERAL opinion as to why the Nate Jones hate is over the top, in a very short passing post that I probably wouldn't have discussed any further. YOU are the one who got all offended over it and made a big deal out of it.

BroncoNut
08-29-2011, 02:33 PM
this thread sucks.

I don't know if I'd recognize Nate Jones if I saw him on the street. Apparently he was a cornerback that wasn't that good and some are happy to see him cut.

GEM
08-29-2011, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I'm so sad about what people are saying about nate freaking jones! :lol:

I honestly couldn't give two shits about the guy either way. Just giving my opinion on why he is trashed so much. But leave it to you (a mod nonetheless) to come in and make it personal. All I said was Josh McDaniels signing him was a reason for his hatred, and you come in guns high and blast me and accuse me of knowing what you are thinking. This thread didn't get personal or off topic until you threw your two cents in.

You brought up McDaniels. I said it wasn't true. No one has mentioned McDaniels. No one has said....woohooo another of McDaniels mistakes is gone. Not a single person. So yes I questioned you why you would even say that if it hadn't been brought up before. Just like with the Hillis shit...you told us how we feel. It was bogus and I apologize for calling you on it. I should have left the crystal ball comment out.

When people see a glaring weakness and they continually question why a roster spot is being taken up by a guy who is pretty terrible, and then the team cuts said player, it's kind of like wow, they saw what I saw. Cool, we don't have to see that guy play anymore.

Nate Jones is being criticized on his own merit, McDaniels has nothing to do with it. He had enough faults, this wasn't a really huge noticeable one til you brought it up.

BroncoWave
08-29-2011, 02:34 PM

Just wanted to bring this post back up. Could someone please kindly point out to me where I accused any particular poster of anything, or where I said people can't post things, or where I said I didn't like this thread and the hate of Nate Jones? I'm not seeing it.

Mike
08-29-2011, 02:35 PM
Who did we argue with and about what before internet message boards? :lol:

Seriously, a crappy player got cut...it happens...just a heck of a lot slower in Denver than in other places.

BroncoNut
Just wanted to bring this post back up. Could someone please kindly point out to me where I accused any particular poster of anything, or where I said people can't post things, or where I said I didn't like this thread and the hate of Nate Jones? I'm not seeing it.

it's not so much in your words, but it's in your tone.

GEM
So...I'll do us both a favor and get this back on topic. Thank goodness I don't have to watch that guy get toasted again this Thursday. :D Can watch #5 CB get toasted instead. :rockon:

BroncoWave
08-29-2011, 02:37 PM
You brought up McDaniels. I said it wasn't true. No one has mentioned McDaniels. No one has said....woohooo another of McDaniels mistakes is gone. Not a single person. So yes I questioned you why you would even say that if it hadn't been brought up before. Just like with the Hillis shit...you told us how we feel. It was bogus and I apologize for calling you on it. I should have left the crystal ball comment out.

Yes, I did bring up McDaniels. Is that not allowed anymore? Does someone else have to mention him in a thread before I do? If I think McDaniels hate is the reason for Nate Jones hate, am I not allowed to mention that?

Nate Jones is being criticized on his own merit, McDaniels has nothing to do with it. He had enough faults, this wasn't a really huge noticeable one til you brought it up.

Ok, I'll quit bringing things up if they are things that no one else has noticed or mentioned. Thanks for the advice!

BroncoWave
08-29-2011, 02:38 PM
it's not so much in your words, but it's in your tone.

Forgive me? :)

BroncoNut
Forgive me? :)

sure. no prob.

underrated29
Lets all get a few things straight.

1.Nate Jones has not just sucked this preseason. He has sucked the last two years he has been on our team. Especially when he was the starting Nickel back, and then saftey, and whatever else. He has sucked ever since we brought him in.

2. Who cares who the coach was when we signed this guy? how does that even matter. The coach is not playing, the player is playing, and that player sucks.

3. im 27, 5'11 180lbs- and in highschool I ran like a 4.6/4.7- yes MOST any WR would be able to run passed me. Nate still sucks.

4. I equate Nate, to Roc Alexander, or kelly herndon, or Niko Koutivoudes.....Somehow these guys were all starters at one point and really none of them should be in the league.

GEM
08-29-2011, 02:39 PM
If you are saying that McDaniels is the reason, then ahhhh ****. Simplify this.

McDaniels is not the reason people are cheering Nate Jones getting cut.

Nate Jones sucks is the reason people are cheering Nate Jones getting cut.

dogfish
08-29-2011, 02:40 PM
and after all that butthurt, nate jones still sucks. . . .

BroncoWave
08-29-2011, 02:41 PM
If you are saying that McDaniels is the reason, then ahhhh ****. Simplify this.

McDaniels is not the reason people are cheering Nate Jones getting cut.

Nate Jones sucks is the reason people are cheering Nate Jones getting cut.

Forgive me for providing a possible alternative explanation. I will be sure to suppress my opinions and post in line with the hivemind from this point on.

GEM
08-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Forgive me for providing a possible alternative explanation. I will be sure to suppress my opinions and post in line with the hivemind from this point on.

**EDIT**Just not worth it

BroncoNut
08-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Lets all get a few things straight.

1.Nate Jones has not just sucked this preseason. He has sucked the last two years he has been on our team. Especially when he was the starting Nickel back, and then saftey, and whatever else. He has sucked ever since we brought him in.

2. Who cares who the coach was when we signed this guy? how does that even matter. The coach is not playing, the player is playing, and that player sucks.

3. im 27, 5'11 180lbs- and in highschool I ran like a 4.6/4.7- yes MOST any WR would be able to run passed me. Nate still sucks.

4. I equate Nate, to Roc Alexander, or kelly herndon, or Niko Koutivoudes.....Somehow these guys were all starters at one point and really none of them should be in the league.

you're built just like me, my measurements almost exactly. I'm 5'11" and weight anywhere between 175 and 190 for the most part. Depending on how stressed I am.

Mike
08-29-2011, 02:44 PM
and after all that butthurt, nate jones still sucks. . . .

No he doesn't. Well, yes he does, but teams are filled with lots of players who suck. Stop singling people out. He is just more athletically challenged than the other Broncos DBs and coach Fox finally realized that he should give in to the demands of the Bronco Forums website fans.

Buff
08-29-2011, 02:45 PM
you're built just like me, my measurements almost exactly. I'm 5'11" and weight anywhere between 175 and 190 for the most part. Depending on how stressed I am.

You haven't weighed 175 since the 1990's, Nut.

dogfish
08-29-2011, 02:45 PM
No he doesn't. Well, yes he does, but teams are filled with lots of players who suck. Stop singling people out. He is just more athletically challenged than the other Broncos DBs and coach Fox finally realized that he should give in to the demands of the Bronco Forums website fans.

you're right-- it was terribly wrong of me to pick on nate like that. . . .

BroncoNut
08-29-2011, 02:46 PM

lol.

I bet nate is a decent enough guy. So I don't want to bash on him. How would you like people you don't even know talking about how shitty you are at your job?

BroncoWave
08-29-2011, 02:46 PM
Well, see you guys later. I'm not allowed to have an opinion according to a certain moderator so I'll just limit my posting from now on!

BroncoNut
08-29-2011, 02:47 PM
You haven't weighed 175 since the 1990's, Nut.

I've only recently began putting on weight, but sometimes I dip below 180. when I get stressed, I don't eat.

Buff
08-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Well, see you guys later. I'm not allowed to have an opinion according to a certain moderator so I'll just limit my posting from now on!

NTL can be such a fascist.

BroncoNut
08-29-2011, 02:48 PM

Alright BDB. That's enough. Let it go.

Buff
08-29-2011, 02:49 PM
I've only recently began putting on weight, but sometimes I dip below 180. when I get stressed, I don't eat.

For some reason I remember you being bigger than 175. Maybe it was the Wranglers.

I cracked 200 lbs for the first time last year, which is way too big for me, I think I'm more in the 190 ballpark now. Would like to be around 175-180.

BroncoNut
08-29-2011, 02:50 PM

actuallly, it's kinda funny when I put on weight. I get bigger in my stomach and my legs are still thin. I look hilarious in a speedo when I'm like that.

underrated29
08-29-2011, 02:50 PM

Ohhh talking dirty to me :naughty:

GEM
08-29-2011, 02:52 PM
:clap: Another of McDaniels mistakes is gone!!! YAY!

Oh....was that too soon? :confused:

underrated29
08-29-2011, 02:53 PM
lol.

I bet nate is a decent enough guy. So I don't want to bash on him. How would you like people you don't even know talking about how shitty you are at your job?

Sure he is.

But if I sucked at my job then i would deserve it, especially if I am costing my employers money. Or costing others with more potential an opportunity to earn it.

BroncoNut
08-29-2011, 02:57 PM
For some reason I remember you being bigger than 175. Maybe it was the Wranglers.

I cracked 200 lbs for the first time last year, which is way too big for me, I think I'm more in the 190 ballpark now. Would like to be around 175-180.

my weight can really fluctuate. I don't work out so if i go through a phase where I am eating alot, I can push 200 with weight going to the ass and waist for the most part. There was a time that my thighs where rubbing together, and that must have been when I was pushing 200. I lost some weight a few months ago and was just below 180 at one time. I'm guessing 175 without clothes on.

BroncoNut
08-29-2011, 02:59 PM
Sure he is.

But if I sucked at my job then i would deserve it, especially if I am costing my employers money. Or costing others with more potential an opportunity to earn it.

I guess that's one way of looking at it.

BroncoNut
08-29-2011, 03:01 PM
:clap: Another of McDaniels mistakes is gone!!! YAY!

Oh....was that too soon? :confused:

I wish more that some of his mistakes were back. (Hillis, and even Cutler)

Dreadnought
08-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Well, to the extent guys that McDaniels brought in suck I'm glad to see tha back of them. Then again, i was glad as hell to see the last of Marlon McCree and Nate Webster, as was also alluded to.

There does seem tio be an extremely strong correlation to the effect of

McDaniels guy = Suck
Its not 100% foolproof. Zane Beadles is OK. Eric Decker looks like a good pick. Tebow might work out. Moreno may yet not be a total flop.

BroncoNut
08-29-2011, 03:23 PM
People are high on Eric Decker. I am most excited about Mareno at this point and expecting ZBS with the new regime. He made something out of nothing a few times, good second efforts. and we soooo need a running game. I hope he can keep it up

Buff
08-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Well, to the extent guys that McDaniels brought in suck I'm glad to see tha back of them. Then again, i was glad as hell to see the last of Marlon McCree and Nate Webster, as was also alluded to.

There does seem tio be an extremely strong correlation to the effect of

McDaniels guy = Suck
Its not 100% foolproof. Zane Beadles is OK. Eric Decker looks like a good pick. Tebow might work out. Moreno may yet not be a total flop.

Don't forget Brandon Lloyd - he might be the crown jewel of the McDaniels era.

GEM
08-29-2011, 03:40 PM
I like a lot of guys from the McD era:

Bruton & McBath
D. Thomas
Tebow
Decker
Syd'quan

I like some of the things he did in free agency.

I hate McD with a passion, but he has absolutely nothing to do with why I am happy Nate Jones isn't on the Broncos roster anymore.

Dreadnought
08-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Don't forget Brandon Lloyd - he might be the crown jewel of the McDaniels era.

Yes - good catch

rationalfan
08-29-2011, 03:55 PM
I am most excited about Mareno at this point and expecting ZBS with the new regime. He made something out of nothing a few times, good second efforts. and we soooo need a running game. I hope he can keep it up

me too. i was also surprised to see, during saturday's game, this stat from moreno last year: 4.3 ypc.

not bad. not great. but not bad, at all. makes me think he just needed more carries, more opportunities to get in a flow; couldn't do that in mcd's system.

Northman
08-29-2011, 04:00 PM
All I said was Josh McDaniels signing him was a reason for his hatred,

Which was clearly baiting.

I mean i dont get it. When McD came in he cleared out a LOT of the trash we had on defense from the Shanny era. Fox is doing the same thing yet NOW you have a problem with people celebrating getting rid of bad players? Really?

Northman
08-29-2011, 04:01 PM
this thread sucks.

I don't know if I'd recognize Nate Jones if I saw him on the street. Apparently he was a cornerback that wasn't that good and some are happy to see him cut.

Thats the jist of it. However some people are bored i guess and want to argue on his behalf for no apparent reason. :lol:

Dude flat out sucked and so what if people want to be happy about it.

Slick
08-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Can't believe this got to 6 pages.

...and Nate Jones was terrible last year too, at corner or safety.

Both he and Renaldo Hill play safety from the parking lot. I'm glad they're both gone.

spikerman
08-29-2011, 04:42 PM
I would greatly appreciate if you would stop making this thread about me...

This part of your post made me miss Top.

sneakers
08-29-2011, 04:57 PM
Am I stupid if I never heard of this guy before?

Canmore
08-29-2011, 04:58 PM

Lucky you!

Dzone
08-29-2011, 05:28 PM
where is an online list of players being released by team?

Northman
08-29-2011, 05:36 PM

Nope. Your not missing much. :lol:

Dzone
08-29-2011, 05:42 PM
where is an online list of players being released by team?
Ok, I found it. Mike Bell got cut by Detroit. He will prob end up in Washington.LOL
http://www.nfl.com/transactions

BigDaddyBronco
08-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Just read this. Good. Nate Jones should go to the Raiders, Chiefs, or Charges.

Buff
08-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Ok, I found it. Mike Bell got cut by Detroit. He will prob end up in Washington.LOL

Pretty sure he found his way into Shanny's dogouse at the end of his stay here, which is why he got his walking papers.

Maybe we can bring him in to show Knowshon how to run with authority. :shocked:

Medford Bronco
08-29-2011, 08:55 PM

and he will suck there as well :lol:

Maybe Shanny get get Tatum Bell and bring back the circa 2006 tandem:lol:

Medford Bronco
08-29-2011, 08:55 PM
Pretty sure he found his way into Shanny's dogouse at the end of his stay here, which is why he got his walking papers.

Maybe we can bring him in to show Knowshon how to run with authority. :shocked:

We already have that in McGahee. I love having him. He is not what he used to be but can score on the goal line and get the tough yards

LTC Pain
08-29-2011, 09:19 PM
NO BIG LOSS! Nuff said!

NorCalBronco7
08-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Thank God. :D

bcbronc
08-29-2011, 11:49 PM
if you want an to know just how bad Nate Jones sucks, just look at who he got cut with. I mean other than Veikune I haven't even heard of those guys, and none saw the field that I've noticed.

He's simply not an NFL quality DB, not much to debate.

Canmore
08-29-2011, 11:57 PM
if you want an to know just how bad Nate Jones sucks, just look at who he got cut with. I mean other than Veikune I haven't even heard of those guys, and none saw the field that I've noticed.

He's simply not an NFL quality DB, not much to debate.

I don't think he has a chance of being picked up by another team, but stranger things have happened.

Krugan
08-30-2011, 08:36 AM
I find this cut to be a wonderful sign.

A sign that maybe this team is starting to find talent again.

Nothing against Mr Jones, he was here, played a spot and did what he could.

For those that are up in arms about celebrating this cut, you shouldnt be.

Its a good thing, someone here is seeing the lack of quality talent around here and removing some of the pieces.