PDA

View Full Version : Bunkley Questionable for Week 1

UnderArmour
08-29-2011, 10:02 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18778436

Bunkley, who suffered a sprained knee when Seahawks guard Robert Gallery cut-blocked him well behind a pass play late in the first quarter, is questionable for the opener.

Hopefully him or Thomas is good to go. Bunkley has been a force in the preseason so far.

TXBRONC
08-29-2011, 10:08 AM
Yuck. :tsk:

I agree having just one of them would be helpful but that still might not be enough. The Raiders can run ball so they could easily end up chewing our asses up with their running game.

NightTerror218
08-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Bunkley, who said he wasn't seriously injured, was cut-blocked by Seattle guard Robert Gallery, but declined to call out Gallery for a cheap shot.

From ESPN article

BroncoNut
08-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Bunkley, who said he wasn't seriously injured, was cut-blocked by Seattle guard Robert Gallery, but declined to call out Gallery for a cheap shot.

From ESPN article

Robert has been known to do that. My prayers are with Bunkley and his family

jhildebrand
08-29-2011, 11:45 AM
This play is the very play that I question EVERYTHING about the NFL and their supposed 'player safety' crusade.

In fact, has an offensive or Special team's player been fined?

The reality is the NFL's player safety is about Offensive player safety. Offensive players can be just as physical and just as dangerous but instead things are said like: "well when you play defense you need to keep your head on a swivel" "you need to be prepared for that kind of thing" and so on! What a croc! Either say the same thing for O players or start fining the Offense just the same.

For those who don't think the O can be fined, I would encourage you to watch the Jets SD game a couple seasons ago. A jets O player was flagged for intentional low block in a play that was NOTHING compared to the Bunkley play. That is the kind of stuff that can end a player's career.

Again if it is about PLAYER safety than stop making the distinction

/:rant:

DenBronx
08-29-2011, 12:47 PM
We should pick up Tank Tyler, who was cut by the Bears today. At least just for depth. Thomas and Bunkley are questionable for week 1. Warren wont be back till late in the season if at all. I think at least 2 DT's is what were needing.

And maybe bring in Tank Johnson for a workout.

Ziggy
08-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Bunk is a big part of this defense. He's been superb in training camp and preaseason. Let's hope he can make it back for the regular season.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Well ****ity **** ****...

:mad:

GEM
08-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Ehhhhhh fudge. He has looked good out there. Hopefully comes back strong.

Oh and **** you Gallery. Effing Raider trash.

Reidman
08-29-2011, 01:27 PM
What's up with our DT's...?! Are they not conditioned well enough...with the exception of Bunkley of course...thanks Gallery.

dogfish
08-29-2011, 02:15 PM
just another reason to toss warren's ass on IR. . .

right now, vickerson is apparently about the only healthy body we have at DT-- that's not enough. . . it's pretty clear that we'll be back to our dumpster-diving ways soon enough. . . .

i wonder what crap they'll dig up this time?

:lol:

BroncoNut
08-29-2011, 02:19 PM
just another reason to toss warren's ass on IR. . .

right now, vickerson is apparently about the only healthy body we have at DT-- that's not enough. . . it's pretty clear that we'll be back to our dumpster-diving ways soon enough. . . .

i wonder what crap they'll dig up this time?

:lol:

I don't know about you, but I like Vickerson.

G_Money
08-29-2011, 03:08 PM
As soon as Vickerson can take every snap of the game at two positions simultaneously AND be a plus contributor on all those snaps, our DL will be fine.

He's such a slacker. :coffee: Get some more heart, Big V!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_TPc1Afl8fDs/TPgtpUSA0pI/AAAAAAAABjg/e9QJQCpGzuo/s400/Pure_Energy-it-grew-three-times-that-day-9829_240.jpg

~G