PDA

View Full Version : Chad Jackson

DenBronx
12-01-2008, 01:18 PM
he was in for 2 plays and was thrown to once. we did have him on our radar in the 06 draft but thankfully we went after cutler. only a few years later he is released becasue new england was stacked at wr. look im not saying this guy is going to be any better than royal, marshall, sheffler or even stokely but he will be the #4 and will give cutler a nice 4th option wr when we go 4 or 3 wr sets. he had 1 catch yesterday for 19 yards but looked very elusive and quick. he is by far an upgrade over darrel jackson.

chad also does a good job returning kicks. i figure we should let chad return kicks and royal punts. i think royal is better at both but for injury sake it might be smart to spilt the return duties. id hate to see royal injured on a return, he's too valuble on the field as a wr. this also saves us for throwing away a draft pick for another wr and now we can use it to move up if we choose.

it's still early but i think he's going to shock a few of us.

Rex
12-01-2008, 01:19 PM
I love the blond dreads.

DenBronx
12-01-2008, 01:23 PM
I love the blond dreads.

yeah i thought those were cool.

what i liked from cutler is that he checked down alot. he really seemed to go through all of his reads. so if were in a 3 wr set and royal and marshall are both covered then he could throw a short pass to a guy like chad and let him move the ball upfield. id like to see more quick slant routes and less deep balls all the time.

id also like to see marshall actually catch the ball.

Fan in Exile
12-01-2008, 02:30 PM
We have too many Jacksons on the team though we should make him change his name to something else.

Superchop 7
12-01-2008, 02:53 PM
The Jackson 5 ?

He's a dance, dance,dance,dance dancin machine, watch him get down, watch him get down ......at the (forgets words)

Hard to hate a guy with golden dreads.

DenBronx
12-01-2008, 03:47 PM
We have too many Jacksons on the team though we should make him change his name to something else.

how bout GOLD DUST ???

dogfish
12-01-2008, 04:17 PM
i just hope he turns into a beast here so we can give WTE shit about it. . . . :lol:

DenBronx
12-01-2008, 05:48 PM
i just hope he turns into a beast here so we can give WTE shit about it. . . . :lol:

looking back i think most of us could say that letting hixon go was premature. he had a couple of years to develop here and never really came unto his own until he went to the giants. hopefully the same situation happens with chad.

Magnificent Seven
12-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Chad Jackson did a great job on that game from yesterday. Caught 1 ball for 19-yard.

They should put Marshall, Royal, Stokely, and Chad Jackson on the field for seveal times. 4 WRS and 1 TE. Tight end will block for Cutler and therefore, Cutler can take time and throw to whomever.

Magnificent Seven
12-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Chad Jackson did a great job on that game from yesterday. Caught 1 ball for 19-yard.

They should put Marshall, Royal, Stokely, and Chad Jackson on the field for seveal times. 4 WRS and 1 TE. Tight end will block for Cutler and therefore, Cutler can take time and throw to whomever.

It would be cool if they call, "Air Cutler" on that play.

dogfish
12-01-2008, 06:32 PM
looking back i think most of us could say that letting hixon go was premature. he had a couple of years to develop here and never really came unto his own until he went to the giants. hopefully the same situation happens with chad.

i said it at the time-- i was pissed when they let him go. . . .

Traveler
12-01-2008, 07:30 PM

Hopefully this offseason the team rids themselves of both Darrell & Nate Jackson.