PDA

View Full Version : What's your opinion of the 2011 Broncos at this point?

broncofaninfla
08-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Right now it looks like we are an improved team, defintely better schemes and coaching. I feel good about the starters on both sides of the ball with the exception of the banged up D line. The 2nd and thrd team Offensive Line and Defensive Line though are god awful. I could see Denver adding 6-7 people via waivers when teams make their final cuts. This team needs depth in the worst way in my opinion.

silkamilkamonico
08-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Unloved QB, questionable running game at best, explosive WR's that need an explosive QB, a good young oline, a promising and explosive defense with holes in the middle, an elite CB who's time will likely run out too late, and a possible coaching staff that actually knows what it wants to do on both sides of the ball and stay true to it.

SR
08-28-2011, 05:03 PM
As a team they're mediocre on both sides of the ball with a couple of stand out players on offense and defense. Nothing special. Not terrible.

Slick
08-28-2011, 05:17 PM
i think the new fo and coaching staff have done well, especially considering we had coaching changes and had a labor stoppage.

Im a little disappointed we didnt get mebane or cofield, and i dont like how the qb situation worked out. I can say i am more optimistic going into this season than i was last year.

Keeping my expectations low with the hope of being pleasantly surprised.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Ziggy
08-28-2011, 05:22 PM
It's nice to have a grown up coaching staff. If injuries hit, we'll be looking forward to a very high draft pick again. It'll take a couple of years to fix the overall talent level, but the starting 22 have definitely improved greatly as a whole.

cuzz4169
08-28-2011, 05:46 PM
This defense will surprise everyone this year...I will be first to say it & laugh all you want..DENVER'S DEFENSE WILL BE TOP 10. I'm excited from what I've seen from the starters in the last 3 weeks...And they will only continue to get better.

SR
08-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Wishful thinking dude.

Northman
08-28-2011, 05:58 PM
This defense will surprise everyone this year...I will be first to say it & laugh all you want..DENVER'S DEFENSE WILL BE TOP 10. I'm excited from what I've seen from the starters in the last 3 weeks...And they will only continue to get better.

I wont laugh at you but i think your kidding yourself if your basing all that on preseason.

BroncoStud
08-28-2011, 06:00 PM
Right now every team has good points and bad points and most fans are pretty optimistic. I am optimistically saying we win 5-6 games, because the schedule is brutal and we still have a lot of holes.

That total is up from 3-4 wins before I saw the DE's play. They are playing so well that I think they make a difference in a game or 2 in the outcome.

6 wins would be a good season for this team, in my opinion.

cuzz4169
08-28-2011, 06:01 PM
This defense is far better than the one in 2009 that was ranked 7th in the league. 7th in the league with a terrible run defense (26th in league)..remember doom had 17 1/2 sacks that yr..see what a pass rush does. I would bet our pass defense is amongst the top 5 and our run D could be from 15th-20th.

cuzz4169
08-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Where are the biggest holes on this team? I'm trying to say what starter on offense and defense shouldn't be a starter on an NFL team?

cuzz4169
08-28-2011, 06:07 PM
I guess I'm seeing a lot more in this team than most is all.

tomjonesrocks
08-28-2011, 06:42 PM
Extraordinarily punchless at nearly all offensive skill positions, with what appears to pleasantly be a couple long-overdue defensive pieces to build around. It looks like they didn't miss with the second pick in the draft which is crucial.

In the grand scheme of things, still an also-ran organization in the deep bottom half of the league, but at least there's a FEW bright spots again with Doom, Miller, and Lloyd. If Moore, Decker, Franklin, (TE) Thomas, or the like turn out to be good, then things look brighter still.

If the team drafts well (meaning way above average) and spends money (debatable), there might be a way to be truly competitive in a few years, IF a permanent FCQB can be found (which takes some teams decades). Still lots of pretty much temporary and expendable pieces on this team though. With Miller's performance and McGahee seeming to show he has a little more left in the tank, things look a bit better than they did a few weeks back in the near-term.

Week 1 could promptly bring down the mood around here as they really have no one that can play at DT thanks to missing in the draft, FA, and injuries. Should be interesting.

Ravage!!!
08-28-2011, 07:21 PM
I see us as undefeated, atm.

BroncoStud
08-28-2011, 08:27 PM
This defense is far better than the one in 2009 that was ranked 7th in the league. 7th in the league with a terrible run defense (26th in league)..remember doom had 17 1/2 sacks that yr..see what a pass rush does. I would bet our pass defense is amongst the top 5 and our run D could be from 15th-20th.

Pure speculation. We're still incredibly suspect at DT and very thin team-wide at depth.

Ziggy
08-28-2011, 08:31 PM
Where are the biggest holes on this team? I'm trying to say what starter on offense and defense shouldn't be a starter on an NFL team?

Spencer Larsen
Zane Beadles
JD Walton
Kevin Vickerson
Joe Mays

MasterShake
08-28-2011, 08:41 PM
I think the team looks much improved, but still a ways to go. I think we could easily be a 6-8 win team (more with a few good breaks) and are definitely headed in the right direction. First things first though, we HAVE to beat the Raiders on Monday Night Football to exercise last years demons.

Northman
08-28-2011, 08:46 PM

Again, your basing this off 3 preseason games. Two of which came against two teams with VERY bad QB's.

vettesplus
08-28-2011, 08:47 PM
3-13 and the second pick in the draft....

Nomad
08-28-2011, 08:51 PM
I think the team looks much improved, but still a ways to go. I think we could easily be a 6-8 win team (more with a few good breaks) and are definitely headed in the right direction. First things first though, we HAVE to beat the Raiders on Monday Night Football to exercise last years demons.

Just turned on the Raider/Saints game......the Raiders looked pretty damn good on the ground.

MNF game is a must-win!

Northman
08-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Just turned on the Raider/Saints game......the Raiders looked pretty damn good on the ground.

MNF game is a must-win!

It could be worriesome but im not sold that New Orleans has fixed their own issues on the defense either. Last year Seattle gashed them in the playoff game as well as a lot of other teams. Cleveland comes to mind.

Nomad
08-28-2011, 08:58 PM
It could be worriesome but im not sold that New Orleans has fixed their own issues on the defense either. Last year Seattle gashed them in the playoff game as well as a lot of other teams. Cleveland comes to mind.

I haven't paid much attention to any teams other than the BRONCOS. That Raider drive was reminiscent of the Oct 24 2010 Mile High Massacre (as OaklandRaider puts its:lol:)

Northman
08-28-2011, 08:59 PM
I haven't paid much attention to any teams other than the BRONCOS. That Raider drive was reminiscent of the Oct 24 2010 Mile High Massacre (as OaklandRaider puts its:lol:)

Yea, i will be pretty disappointed if we lose to Oakland at home to start the season.

Buff
08-28-2011, 09:00 PM
I wish we could play Tavaris Jackson every week.

Agent of Orange
08-28-2011, 09:40 PM
I think we could win 6-10 games. I'm very impressed with our pass rush.

Tned
08-28-2011, 10:40 PM
Spencer Larsen
Zane Beadles
JD Walton
Kevin Vickerson
Joe Mays

I say the jury is still out on Beadles and Walton. I can't remember if it was Scouts Inc or someplace else that highlighted the Broncos young line as one of their strengths.

rationalfan
08-28-2011, 10:53 PM
this is very simple: the team looks much better than it has at this point either of the past two seasons. if that's an indication, it will be a better team than either of its two predecessors. maybe by one win. maybe five. i have no idea. but the team, as an entire unit looks so much better; and has an excitement/fire that hasn't been there since mcd's six game win streak to start his career.

BroncoStud
08-28-2011, 11:15 PM
The Chiefs look like total crap so far, not even competitive. But I still believe they are much better than Denver, overall.

I liked the way we handled Buffalo's offense, but the Seahawks are horrible with Tavaris Jackson back there. We'll see. People will get excited and some carried away. Right now fans of 32 teams are thinking playoffs.

Magnificent Seven
08-28-2011, 11:52 PM
This season, I am going to depend on defense. I am very excited about this new defense team. Our confidence is high because we know defense team will run them over all the time. Orange Crush 2.0!

Tned
08-29-2011, 07:47 AM
The Chiefs look like total crap so far, not even competitive. But I still believe they are much better than Denver, overall.

I liked the way we handled Buffalo's offense, but the Seahawks are horrible with Tavaris Jackson back there. We'll see. People will get excited and some carried away. Right now fans of 32 teams are thinking playoffs.

Yea, this is the problem with using preseason as the judge.

It's important to remember that not every team uses the preseason the same. Some teams, are VERY vanilla in preseason and use it just to get their starters in a rhythm. However, teams that have had much more turnover (in players, coaches/scheme or both) tend to go more all out in pre-season to both see what they have in their players and to get the players used to the scheme.

vandammage13
08-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Right now every team has good points and bad points and most fans are pretty optimistic. I am optimistically saying we win 5-6 games, because the schedule is brutal and we still have a lot of holes.

That total is up from 3-4 wins before I saw the DE's play. They are playing so well that I think they make a difference in a game or 2 in the outcome.

I wouldn't say the schedule is brutal...proabably right about average as far as league difficulty.

Actually, the first 5 weeks of the season is a relatively as easy of a draw as you could hope for.

In fact, only 6 games out of 16 are against teams that made the playoffs last year (and 2 of those are against the Chiefs).

The only thing that would make it easier would be if we drew the NFC West again...Too bad we didn't take advantage of that last year.

TXBRONC
08-29-2011, 09:34 AM
I think the team is improved but how much so is hard to judge because it's preseason. Someone pointed out that defensively we held the Seahawks to 30 total yards of offense yet we were only up by seven by half time. We should have been up by more than that going into half time.

As far the depth is concerned on the offensive side of the ball will be ok. We are thin at defensive tackle because of injury but I think that will improve a little maybe a lot when M. Thomas returns.

Canmore
08-29-2011, 01:10 PM
I think the team is improved but how much so is hard to judge because it's preseason. Someone pointed out that defensively we held the Seahawks to 30 total yards of offense yet we were only up by seven by half time. We should have been up by more than that going into half time.

As far the depth is concerned on the offensive side of the ball will be ok. We are thin at defensive tackle because of injury but I think that will improve a little maybe a lot when M. Thomas returns.

When it comes to line depth, both offensively and defensively I see none. We need Bunkley and Thomas back ASAP.

We should have beaten the Seahawks by 20, at least. We rolled up 450 yards of offense and held them to 178. Should have crushed them. If it was regular season, the only good thing to say was it was a win.

NightTerror218
08-29-2011, 01:17 PM

MNF game is a must-win!

they got destroyed though

NightTerror218
08-29-2011, 01:17 PM
When it comes to line depth, both offensively and defensively I see none. We need Bunkley and Thomas back ASAP.

We should have beaten the Seahawks by 20, at least. We rolled up 450 yards of offense and held them to 178. Should have crushed them. If it was regular season, the only good thing to say was it was a win.

Well the kickoff return did not help things out.

NightTerror218
08-29-2011, 01:19 PM

Our defense seems solid, our running game improved but we just were not scoring a lot. Too many 3 and outs. Our O-Line needs to improve to make better holes. But from what I hear the Seattle 1st string D-Line is going to be good with Mebane and all in the there. Branch shall been showing much more promise too with them.

BroncoNut
08-29-2011, 01:25 PM
I expect this team to be very good. I like the improvements on the Offensive line and the defense pass rush in particular. The protection Orton is getting and the talent he has around him this year, in comparison to last year, puts alot more pressure on him as a leader of this offense imo, if they can stay healthy. I was alos plaeased with Mareno's play too. Macgayhe is a nice complement.

Canmore
08-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Well the kickoff return did not help things out.

Special teams once again putting in a "Special" effort. :tsk:

GEM
08-29-2011, 01:37 PM
I am happy I don't watch the Broncos through some our posters dark clouds. I don't expect them to be anything spectacular. I do expect to see improvements and I don't see this team as being a finished product. As long as I am seeing improvement son the defensive side of the ball, I have hope. Hope that we are FINALLY paying attention to what has been the downfall of this team for the past decade.

NightTerror218
08-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Experts have us at 4-12 this season again.....
http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story/09000d5d821c0449/article/fox-faces-rebuilding-year-in-mile-high-city

Lancane
08-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Experts have us at 4-12 this season again.....
http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story/09000d5d821c0449/article/fox-faces-rebuilding-year-in-mile-high-city

Their predictions have us anywhere from 4-12 to 6-10, right where a lot of us thought we would be, and they're not fans of the team.

Tned
08-29-2011, 05:08 PM
I am happy I don't watch the Broncos through some our posters dark clouds. I don't expect them to be anything spectacular. I do expect to see improvements and I don't see this team as being a finished product. As long as I am seeing improvement son the defensive side of the ball, I have hope. Hope that we are FINALLY paying attention to what has been the downfall of this team for the past decade.

I'll admit that i am hoping for a bit more than that. Not so much that I expect it, because there was a lot that had to be fixed on the team (from both previous regimes), but that I'm hoping for a faster than expected turn around.

There have been many surprise resurgences in the NFL, and I am hoping the Broncos are one of them.

I think they have made enough strategic improvements through draft and FA that if it wasn't for our BRUTAL schedule, I would expect them to compete for a playoff spot. With our brutal schedule, it's too hard to predict.

Nomad
08-29-2011, 05:12 PM
I predict around the BRONCOS will have 6 or 7 pick in the draft but I'm usually never right!:lol:

Lancane
08-29-2011, 05:27 PM
I predict around the BRONCOS will have 6 or 7 pick in the draft but I'm usually never right!:lol:

I have a feeling this time you will be! ;)

NightTerror218
08-29-2011, 05:29 PM
Their predictions have us anywhere from 4-12 to 6-10, right where a lot of us thought we would be, and they're not fans of the team.

I think we can be closer to 8-8

Canmore
08-29-2011, 05:44 PM
I'll admit that i am hoping for a bit more than that. Not so much that I expect it, because there was a lot that had to be fixed on the team (from both previous regimes), but that I'm hoping for a faster than expected turn around.

There have been many surprise resurgences in the NFL, and I am hoping the Broncos are one of them.

I think they have made enough strategic improvements through draft and FA that if it wasn't for our BRUTAL schedule, I would expect them to compete for a playoff spot. With our brutal schedule, it's too hard to predict.

The Scheduling Gods have been very unkind to a team in our position lol. With last years schedule maybe a playoff spot would be something we would be talking about. Unfortunately this year is the NFC North and the AFC East, not alot of pushovers. Still I'm excited about our upcoming season and hopeful. Last year I was dreading our teams performance. Unfortunately, that feeling was confirmed. We'll see.

Lancane
08-29-2011, 05:47 PM
I think we can be closer to 8-8

If we had an easier schedule then I would agree, but as it stands? I just don't see many teams on our schedule that we fair up against well. It's quite possible that we could go 2-14 and I don't think many would be surprised, I feel my own prediction of 6-10 is generous. I could be wrong, I've been wrong before and I admit that...I just don't believe I am this time.

Tned
08-29-2011, 05:54 PM
The Scheduling Gods have been very unkind to a team in our position lol. With last years schedule maybe a playoff spot would be something we would be talking about. Unfortunately this year is the NFC North and the AFC East, not alot of pushovers. Still I'm excited about our upcoming season and hopeful. Last year I was dreading our teams performance. Unfortunately, that feeling was confirmed. We'll see.

Two of the last three years we've had very tough schedules. In '09, we had the NFC East and AFC North, plus NE and Indy as our "standings matchups" the two teams that finished with the same records as us the previous year.

So, the scheduling Gods have clearly not been on the Broncos side in recent years.

NightTerror218
08-29-2011, 06:13 PM
If we had an easier schedule then I would agree, but as it stands? I just don't see many teams on our schedule that we fair up against well. It's quite possible that we could go 2-14 and I don't think many would be surprised, I feel my own prediction of 6-10 is generous. I could be wrong, I've been wrong before and I admit that...I just don't believe I am this time.

I have already stated in several threads how/why we go 8-8. Besides the Packers, Bears,Minnesota/Detroit, KC away, Charger away, Oak away, and Jets. Who else do we lose too? Patroits are one but we have exceptional record against Brady, 1 loss ever. If we win that I gave us a 9-7 record.

Miami....um no they suck....they might draft Luck kinda suck
Buffalo....still lacking but getting better.
Bengals....rookie QB in week 2 and lost they main receivers and breaking in a new one
Titans....well they have no Chris Johnson right now and Hasselbeck sucked against our horribly ranked defense last time he faced Bailey.
Minnesota....with McNabb I think they can take us with AP, but they lost a lot of players over the offseason and i think we can take them
Detroit.....all depends on who is the QB....Staffard? We lose, not staffard we can win.
AFC WEST.....split...win all home, lose all away, always a fight
Packers.....owned
Bears...... owned
Jets........ they will squeak by but have better defense
Pats..... Brady sucks against us, 1-7 record

So 8-8, 9-7 if we win pats

Bengals are getting better, Titans are average to below average, buffalo is below average, Miami below average, and NFC North is very good division.

Npba900
08-29-2011, 07:06 PM

The 2011 Broncos will win 3-6 games! Least that's what I'm preparing for. If I'm wrong and the Broncos win 8-10 games, I'll be very happy.

TXBRONC
08-29-2011, 07:42 PM

I think the only way we completely fall apart with a 2-14 record is if we become depleted by injury.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BigDaddyBronco
08-29-2011, 07:47 PM
Somewhere between 4-8 wins depending on injuries. They will win some games they shouldn't, but will probably lose some games they should win.

They will draft somewhere between #6 and #14.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-29-2011, 08:07 PM
The Broncos seem like a much more relaxed team this year. Not softer, just more relaxed. There seems to be a lot more coaching going on and a lot less chastising and threats from coach to players. If anything, they seem more fired up and more physical than last year.

Having said that, with the exception of Fells and Franklin, our starting offense is IDENTICAL, personnel wise, to the same set of guys who couldn't break the 20 point barrier most of the time. We are expecting to run more and pass less this year and balance should help, but we won't know until our feet are held to the fire whether or not it will be successful. Once again, we struggle at times on short yardage and 3rd down. Most of our punts have in the preseason have come after failing on 3rd and short, not 3rd and long. I still have doubts that Lloyd will play anywhere near as well as last year, even with similar opportunities. The catches he made routinely last year, he's just not making so far in the preseason. Maybe he's dogging it because it's preseason, or maybe it's a sign of what's to come. He's had many passes hit him in the hands this year and not come down with them - ones he made look easy last season.

Our passing defense appears to be vastly improved, but our run defense (the one that was 32nd in the league last year) is still very much in question. Remember, we're "new" again meaning just like the first 6 games of 2009, nobody has tape on us, yet. It's still possible the starters looked good because other teams didn't know what to expect, especially from Miller. Now they will. Will Dennis Allen be able to adjust and keep this defense fresh and unpredictable or will our scheme get sniffed out and exposed like it was before? All questions that are yet to be answered.

I'm optimistic that we'll win more games than last year, and I honestly think we'll "compete" for the division. That's not saying much considering that I think 10-6 or 9-7 takes the division this year, but I can see between 6 and 7 wins for us.

Npba900
08-30-2011, 12:09 PM

I'm going to hope for the best and plan to endure another 2010 season in 2011.

Its going to take time to get the Broncos out of its current tailspin. The fans have got to realize this.

Next year, I'll expect/hope for 6-9 wins. In 2013, I'll expect 9-12 wins. I think those are realistic expectations.

Mike
08-30-2011, 01:00 PM

Its going to take time to get the Broncos out of its current tailspin. The fans have got to realize this.

Next year, I'll expect/hope for 6-9 wins. In 2013, I'll expect 9-12 wins. I think those are realistic expectations.

I think Denver wins 6-7 this year. Next year, I think Denver wins the AFCW. Not that I think Fox and Elway should be expected to do so well so quick, but I think they have the team going in the right direction and is what will happen.

And yes, my glasses are orange and I don't care.

NightTerror218
08-30-2011, 01:15 PM
The Broncos seem like a much more relaxed team this year. Not softer, just more relaxed. There seems to be a lot more coaching going on and a lot less chastising and threats from coach to players. If anything, they seem more fired up and more physical than last year.

Having said that, with the exception of Fells and Franklin, our starting offense is IDENTICAL, personnel wise, to the same set of guys who couldn't break the 20 point barrier most of the time. We are expecting to run more and pass less this year and balance should help, but we won't know until our feet are held to the fire whether or not it will be successful. Once again, we struggle at times on short yardage and 3rd down. Most of our punts have in the preseason have come after failing on 3rd and short, not 3rd and long. I still have doubts that Lloyd will play anywhere near as well as last year, even with similar opportunities. The catches he made routinely last year, he's just not making so far in the preseason. Maybe he's dogging it because it's preseason, or maybe it's a sign of what's to come. He's had many passes hit him in the hands this year and not come down with them - ones he made look easy last season.

Our passing defense appears to be vastly improved, but our run defense (the one that was 32nd in the league last year) is still very much in question. Remember, we're "new" again meaning just like the first 6 games of 2009, nobody has tape on us, yet. It's still possible the starters looked good because other teams didn't know what to expect, especially from Miller. Now they will. Will Dennis Allen be able to adjust and keep this defense fresh and unpredictable or will our scheme get sniffed out and exposed like it was before? All questions that are yet to be answered.

I'm optimistic that we'll win more games than last year, and I honestly think we'll "compete" for the division. That's not saying much considering that I think 10-6 or 9-7 takes the division this year, but I can see between 6 and 7 wins for us.

You forgot to mention Willis MaGahee, and Julius Thomas (shown good hands). Since we will be doing more 2 backs and 2 TE sets.

NightTerror218
08-30-2011, 01:20 PM

I agree. We drafted 3 immediate starters. I see 2-3 other starting next season or the following. If we do the same next draft then we should have 6-10 youngsters starting for us. I am referring to Von, Moore, Franklin, Thomas, and maybe Irving starting next season. Add a new draft and 2-3 new starters. Not to mention Decker, McCarthy, Moreno, and Syd'Quan are young. I have high hopes for us. IF we keep drafting very well I see us being really good.

tomjonesrocks
08-30-2011, 03:11 PM
The Scheduling Gods have been very unkind to a team in our position lol.

Personally, in all seriousness, I like it. I still think this team is going to be terrible and it's going to take years of high draft picks to fix this mess. If the team is winning games against bad teams it's going to take longer to fix it.

Better to go up against the cream of the crop every week and keep the evaluation of where you're at real at this point.

Canmore
08-30-2011, 10:00 PM
Personally, in all seriousness, I like it. I still think this team is going to be terrible and it's going to take years of high draft picks to fix this mess. If the team is winning games against bad teams it's going to take longer to fix it.

Better to go up against the cream of the crop every week and keep the evaluation of where you're at real at this point.

Interesting take. Keeping the evaluation real. Well, we are going to get a dose of reality this season. I guess we will find out how we stack up. I'm guessing not very well.

BroncoTech
08-30-2011, 11:18 PM
I guess the humiliation from last year keeps this years predictions more realistic than previous years. I think we can win 4 to 6 games and will lose some heart breakers in the 4th quarter.

TXBRONC
08-31-2011, 10:54 AM

Interesting take. Keeping the evaluation real. Well, we are going to get a dose of reality this season. I guess we will find out how we stack up. I'm guessing not very well.

TJR makes a good point but it's also possible to beat good team because you catch them at the right time.

Jsteve01
08-31-2011, 11:10 AM
Every year there are teams that make marked improvements after good hits in free agency and a good draft. Regime changes often have a lot to do with that. See Tampa, Atlanta, KC. Talent disparity is often overrated. The league is full, chock full of fantastic athletes. The problem is always, depth, injuries, coaching and system.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-31-2011, 01:20 PM

I really don't buy into the "strength of schedule" hype too much. Last year we got the NFC West... we were 1-3 vs them. It couldn't have gotten any easier and we still sucked. IIRC, the last time we played the NFC West (Plummer's last season/Cutler's first) we were still 1-3 vs them only beating the Cards. How shitty is that?

The parity in the league as it stands means you can't take anyone on your schedule lightly. Any team can beat any other team on any given week. I'd rather play a "tough" schedule and earn your record the hard way than play an easy one, get into the playoffs when you don't belong there and then get embarrassed.

Lancane
08-31-2011, 07:48 PM
I really don't buy into the "strength of schedule" hype too much. Last year we got the NFC West... we were 1-3 vs them. It couldn't have gotten any easier and we still sucked. IIRC, the last time we played the NFC West (Plummer's last season/Cutler's first) we were still 1-3 vs them only beating the Cards. How shitty is that?

The parity in the league as it stands means you can't take anyone on your schedule lightly. Any team can beat any other team on any given week. I'd rather play a "tough" schedule and earn your record the hard way than play an easy one, get into the playoffs when you don't belong there and then get embarrassed.

Unfortunately you don't have to buy into it HP, because it's proven to be a rather brutal truth more then idly falsehood. Heck, I believe in the mantra of 'Any Given Sunday' as much as the next fan, but there comes a time when you have to say that believing in such means squat when faced with some realities.

You make a good point about last year's schedule, then again people based their predictions off how we finished the season before that which wasn't all that promising in itself, very few if I remember correctly even thought we'd be a .500 team give those wearing the orange colored sunglasses. But I also look at those we'll be facing. The NFC North is going to be the toughest division in the league all things considered and the AFC East is going to be tough as usual, on paper we match up against maybe Buffalo. That right there if all falls as it looks to, would be six or seven losses alone. That's not including Cincinnati who always plays well against Denver no matter how bad their team sucks, and Tennessee will not be an easy win, if a win at all. To be honest, the only way we have a winning season is if we win the AFC West, which means that we'll likely have to split two series and sweep one so basically go 4-2 or better against the other teams in the division.

Completely agree with the last part of your post! :beer:

TXBRONC
09-01-2011, 10:18 AM

Unfortunately you don't have to buy into it HP, because it's proven to be a rather brutal truth more then idly falsehood. Heck, I believe in the mantra of 'Any Given Sunday' as much as the next fan, but there comes a time when you have to say that believing in such means squat when faced with some realities.

You make a good point about last year's schedule, then again people based their predictions off how we finished the season before that which wasn't all that promising in itself, very few if I remember correctly even thought we'd be a .500 team give those wearing the orange colored sunglasses. But I also look at those we'll be facing. The NFC North is going to be the toughest division in the league all things considered and the AFC East is going to be tough as usual, on paper we match up against maybe Buffalo. That right there if all falls as it looks to, would be six or seven losses alone. That's not including Cincinnati who always plays well against Denver no matter how bad their team sucks, and Tennessee will not be an easy win, if a win at all. To be honest, the only way we have a winning season is if we win the AFC West, which means that we'll likely have to split two series and sweep one so basically go 4-2 or better against the other teams in the division.

Completely agree with the last part of your post! :beer:

I think you both have good points. We face six teams that made the playoffs last year.

K.C. (2)

Green Bay

Chicago

New England

New York Jets

It's ten if you consider teams that have been to the playoffs at least once in the last two seasons.

Cincinatti

San Diego (2)

Minnesota

So the schedule looks tough. However, it's not uncommon to catch enough breaks to win enough games to go to the playoffs. We don't know how healthy or focused those teams will be. Then again the same is also true for us.

Lancane
09-01-2011, 02:39 PM
I think you both have good points. We face six teams that made the playoffs last year.

K.C. (2)

Green Bay

Chicago

New England

New York Jets

It's ten if you consider teams that have been to the playoffs at least once in the last two seasons.

Cincinatti

San Diego (2)

Minnesota

So the schedule looks tough. However, it's not uncommon to catch enough breaks to win enough games to go to the playoffs. We don't know how healthy or focused those teams will be. Then again the same is also true for us.

It's not just about the playoff teams to me TX, it's about the variables that people discount too eagerly. For example, since the 2000 season, Denver has played Cincinnati five times, of those contests Denver is 3-2, the last two times we faced them we've barely beaten them, they play very well against us, Fox is 1-2 against the Bengals, Marvin Lewis seems to have Fox's number, the only time he beat them is when his offense scored 52 points and their defense allowed 31. Could that be cause for concern? What about the fact that he's only beat New England once, and it was the year they started slow and lost to inferior teams only to rebound and make it to the playoffs.

Matthew Stafford is firing on all cylinders and has the best quarterback rating in the NFL, I know it's only pre-season, but those who watched the game the other day said that Stafford was having a clinic, with Brady on the other side! Orton has reason to play good against Chicago, but I'd say Cutler will want to as well and they have a better defense. Don't you think Marshall, let alone Miami want to demolish us because of everything over the past season? Their head coach probably has the game circled, so does Henne. What I am getting at is that I don't see any teams that will underestimate us, well maybe one or two, but not near enough to make a difference.

Our best chance to beat a team in the NFC North is against Minnesota, and they will not be pushovers. Likewise our best chance in the AFC East is Buffalo, some may believe Tennessee...but I chalk them up there with Cincinnati - did you know that Fox has never defeated the Titans? He's barely better against the Patriots. It's pretty easy to see how Denver could quite literally go 2-14, we don't want that to be the case, but people actually believe we will be a .500 team or better during a rebuilding year with Orton at the helm and this sort of schedule?

Northman
09-01-2011, 06:13 PM
It's not just about the playoff teams to me TX, it's about the variables that people discount too eagerly. For example, since the 2000 season, Denver has played Cincinnati five times, of those contests Denver is 3-2, the last two times we faced them we've barely beaten them, they play very well against us, Fox is 1-2 against the Bengals, Marvin Lewis seems to have Fox's number, the only time he beat them is when his offense scored 52 points and their defense allowed 31. Could that be cause for concern? What about the fact that he's only beat New England once, and it was the year they started slow and lost to inferior teams only to rebound and make it to the playoffs.

Matthew Stafford is firing on all cylinders and has the best quarterback rating in the NFL, I know it's only pre-season, but those who watched the game the other day said that Stafford was having a clinic, with Brady on the other side! Orton has reason to play good against Chicago, but I'd say Cutler will want to as well and they have a better defense. Don't you think Marshall, let alone Miami want to demolish us because of everything over the past season? Their head coach probably has the game circled, so does Henne. What I am getting at is that I don't see any teams that will underestimate us, well maybe one or two, but not near enough to make a difference.

Our best chance to beat a team in the NFC North is against Minnesota, and they will not be pushovers. Likewise our best chance in the AFC East is Buffalo, some may believe Tennessee...but I chalk them up there with Cincinnati - did you know that Fox has never defeated the Titans? He's barely better against the Patriots. It's pretty easy to see how Denver could quite literally go 2-14, we don't want that to be the case, but people actually believe we will be a .500 team or better during a rebuilding year with Orton at the helm and this sort of schedule?

Yea, in the past we got beat by Detroit pretty easily. But now with Stafford it could be even worse. Even teams that would seem easy really arent. The only advantage with Cincy is that Ocho is gone and they are going with Dalton who is raw. We wont beat Minny, with Tavaris there i would of said yes but with McNabb, no way. But you make a LOT of great points Lan which i think people are vastly overlooking. Some of the teams have been already improving while we are just getting started.

Jsteve01
09-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Yea, in the past we got beat by Detroit pretty easily. But now with Stafford it could be even worse. Even teams that would seem easy really arent. The only advantage with Cincy is that Ocho is gone and they are going with Dalton who is raw. We wont beat Minny, with Tavaris there i would of said yes but with McNabb, no way. But you make a LOT of great points Lan which i think people are vastly overlooking. Some of the teams have been already improving while we are just getting started.

Cincy will be a beast on defense but tell me who exactly it is on offense we should be scared of?

and Donovan really needs to show me something after his hooorrrrid play last year.

I agree completely on Detroit but to me Suh and the the Gunther led defense are the real concern not a fragile Stafford.

FireAce
09-01-2011, 06:29 PM
I think we can be very competitive in our division. Our pass rush should allow us to play with san diego and our tackling looks better so hopefully we can keep the chiefs and raiders running game in check. I think our running game will improve. We are behind other division leaders but we are alot better then last year in all areas. Seattle last year was pretty bad but they played their division well and went to the playoffs. We have a ways to go but I know we have improved at least a few more wins

Northman
09-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Cincy will be a beast on defense but tell me who exactly it is on offense we should be scared of?

and Donovan really needs to show me something after his hooorrrrid play last year.

I agree completely on Detroit but to me Suh and the the Gunther led defense are the real concern not a fragile Stafford.

Im not saying we should be scared of Cincy. That was the point i was making there. They are very young on offense and will struggle this year. McNabb, despite having a tough year last year has a WAY better team around him in Minny. He wont have to do too much and so far with the ones he's played pretty well. I think he bounces back bigtime this year. Agreed on Detroit although containing Suh will be the real trick for a inconsistent Denver oline.

Northman
09-01-2011, 06:36 PM
I think we can be very competitive in our division. Our pass rush should allow us to play with san diego and our tackling looks better so hopefully we can keep the chiefs and raiders running game in check. I think our running game will improve. We are behind other division leaders but we are alot better then last year in all areas. Seattle last year was pretty bad but they played their division well and went to the playoffs. We have a ways to go but I know we have improved at least a few more wins

We will be competitive but losing is losing no matter if its by 50 points or 3 points. While i do think Oakland and KC will take a step back this year. The only way we stand a chance vs SD is if our pass rush can get to Rivers. Problem is, Rivers is a smart QB with a quicker release and wont sit back there all day like some of the other QB's we will face. I still think we win only about 5-6 games this year which is still an improvment but i dont think we make .500 this year. Not yet.

NightTerror218
09-01-2011, 06:54 PM

Minn has lost a lot of players. THey have AP still but defense has taken a hit. My co-worker is a die hard viking....if they win SB i have to come to work with a viking hat.....he we win he has the wear a goldy lox wig.....figure he is bald too.

He is hoping for a 8-8 season

NightTerror218
09-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Lacane i would not write us off for 2 losses against KC and SD. Division rival games are always a heated battles, and can go either way sometimes. I think SD could pull it off but no KC, squeaked by last year and lost to us.

Det, and Tenn will be tough but depends on who the QB is too. Det w/o stafford will be easier to win. Hasselbeck does not have a good track record with us and Jake Locker is a rookie, CJ2K has not practices at all this season so far and could e out of shape and bust with new contract and never do much more (has happened before) but I dont think he will. Cinci is figured to be crappy this year, Dalton will improve over season but he is still a rookie who has issues when running game is not doing well and more pressure on him.

I think we will be .500 team since we will look more like the 2008 team in the beginning of the season with a great pass rush. I think that is where we will be. Not too much of the team has changed. That year we had new D-Line that was old as hell, this year we have a new line, but offense is similar and secondary is similar too same with linebackers.

Northman
09-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Minn has lost a lot of players. THey have AP still but defense has taken a hit. My co-worker is a die hard viking....if they win SB i have to come to work with a viking hat.....he we win he has the wear a goldy lox wig.....figure he is bald too.

He is hoping for a 8-8 season

They will have some problems on defense. But having AP, Percy Harvin, McNabb, and Berrian will still create some havoc. Having seen some of the issues on Chicago's Oline still i think they will take a step back this year. The Lions arent quite there yet so i think it will be GB, Minny, Chicago, and Detroit this year. Also keep in mind i dont think Minny will win the SB but i think they will be much better than they were under Jackson and Favre. McNabb can be bad at times but he isnt nearly as careless as Favre was at this stage of his career.

Lancane
09-01-2011, 07:06 PM

J, again this sort of proves my point that fans are overlooking variables, Cincinnati may well be 28th in overall offense for the pre-season, but there defense will be pretty damn good, they're ranked 13th overall defensively. And while our offense isn't horrid, that game might well come down to who can score or who has the most turnovers.

We're going to play eight teams that currently have top fifteen defenses, if they remain so in the regular season is yet to be seen. We'll also be playing against five teams with offenses ranked in the top fifteen as of right now but I expect that to change. I feel too many people are sporting the orange colored shades and avoiding reality!

;)

PAINTERDAVE
09-02-2011, 12:43 AM

Exactly.. as much as we look at our guys and
dream of how great they will play on Sundays..

there are fans in other cities dreaming the same things....
we ALL think our team is vastly improved..
but
it all comes down to reality...
and reality just may BITE for the Broncos.

REBUILDING year.
Vegas Line for over/under is 5.5...

Playoffs?

Possible? Maybe
Probable? Not likely.

Lancane
09-02-2011, 01:44 AM
Lacane i would not write us off for 2 losses against KC and SD. Division rival games are always a heated battles, and can go either way sometimes. I think SD could pull it off but no KC, squeaked by last year and lost to us.

Det, and Tenn will be tough but depends on who the QB is too. Det w/o stafford will be easier to win. Hasselbeck does not have a good track record with us and Jake Locker is a rookie, CJ2K has not practices at all this season so far and could e out of shape and bust with new contract and never do much more (has happened before) but I dont think he will. Cinci is figured to be crappy this year, Dalton will improve over season but he is still a rookie who has issues when running game is not doing well and more pressure on him.

I think we will be .500 team since we will look more like the 2008 team in the beginning of the season with a great pass rush. I think that is where we will be. Not too much of the team has changed. That year we had new D-Line that was old as hell, this year we have a new line, but offense is similar and secondary is similar too same with linebackers.

I'm not writing the Broncos off, I am being realistic. Even if we start off strong the chances of us winning the division is slight as is, no matter how bad KC could be, if they find their rhythm then we'll be hard pressed to beat them twice, the chances of us running the table on SD and Oakland are far worse, I don't see Denver winning four or more within the division, it'll be difficult enough to get three.

Again, Coach Fox has never beaten Tennessee, he's been out coached in his three meetings against Cincinnati under Marv Lewis except once, and his offense had to score an astronomical 51 points in order to do it - not to mention that the Bengals play hard against Denver, almost on a rival level. He doesn't fare well against Bill Belichick. Miami continuously plays well against him, he's lost something like his last three meetings with them. And he's played against the NFC North often enough, he's 11-7 since 2002 but he has fared greatly against Lovie Smith's Bears or the Packers. And Detroit, well the new Lions are far better then those he's faced in the past.

It's the variables, and the credibility of the teams we'll be facing and what we've seen, I am a fan...and for all my loyalty, I refuse to wear orange colored sunglasses.

I believe that we'll start off with two tough wins against Oakland and Cincinnati, but Tennessee at home? A team that Fox has not beaten and will be back to full strength? I think they'll knock us down a peg and from there we will spiral out of control, we'll probably go into the bye week at 2-3 with fans still being optimistic, I wouldn't be surprised to go 0-6 following the break and will likely stop the spiral against Minnesota and split the final four games. So right there we go 5-11, that's why I said my prediction of 6-10 was and is generous, because I believe we may just pull out a win against Oakland or Kansas City on the road in November but not both.

Nick
09-02-2011, 02:07 AM
I'm not writing the Broncos off, I am being realistic. Even if we start off strong the chances of us winning the division is slight as is, no matter how bad KC could be, if they find their rhythm then we'll be hard pressed to beat them twice, the chances of us running the table on SD and Oakland are far worse, I don't see Denver winning four or more within the division, it'll be difficult enough to get three.

Again, Coach Fox has never beaten Tennessee, he's been out coached in his three meetings against Cincinnati under Marv Lewis except once, and his offense had to score an astronomical 51 points in order to do it - not to mention that the Bengals play hard against Denver, almost on a rival level. He doesn't fare well against Bill Belichick. Miami continuously plays well against him, he's lost something like his last three meetings with them. And he's played against the NFC North often enough, he's 11-7 since 2002 but he has fared greatly against Lovie Smith's Bears or the Packers. And Detroit, well the new Lions are far better then those he's faced in the past.

It's the variables, and the credibility of the teams we'll be facing and what we've seen, I am a fan...and for all my loyalty, I refuse to wear orange colored sunglasses.

I believe that we'll start off with two tough wins against Oakland and Cincinnati, but Tennessee at home? A team that Fox has not beaten and will be back to full strength? I think they'll knock us down a peg and from there we will spiral out of control, we'll probably go into the bye week at 2-3 with fans still being optimistic, I wouldn't be surprised to go 0-6 following the break and will likely stop the spiral against Minnesota and split the final four games. So right there we go 5-11, that's why I said my prediction of 6-10 was and is generous, because I believe we may just pull out a win against Oakland or Kansas City on the road in November but not both.

I agree 100 percent. The Broncos lack some serious depth issues. This team "Could" do well if we stay totally healthy but that is very unlikely. This year will be rebuilding. We have a tough schedule... I would not be surprised if our team started out with 3 wins and ended the season with 5 wins. I said this ages ago but added a win...

broncofaninfla
09-02-2011, 07:00 AM
It's hard to imagine a team getting stronger by signing a grove of waived players but our depth is pathetic. I'm actually looking forward to Denver signing as many "rejects" as possible. Mcdouche really blew this team up.....

TXBRONC
09-02-2011, 08:57 AM

I agree there a lot variables and past history to consider. You mentioned how struggled against the Bengals the last two times we've met. True enough but Carson Palmer was the quarterback in both of those games and he's no longer there that's a huge difference.

We use to routinely beat the Raiders regardless of who the head coach was including Norv Turner and now we've only beaten his teams couple of times in the past several seasons. Hey looks the Patriots We've beaten Belicheck and Brady regularly. Ultimately it's going to come down to the players on the field or the lack there of and who makes the plays who doesn't.

I agree with you that I think Denver will struggle but are we going to be 2-14 suck for Luck bad? I don't think that we will be that bad unless we are ravaged by injuries especially on the defensive side of the ball.

BroncoNut
09-02-2011, 09:17 AM
2 injuries away from 0-16

BroncoJoe
09-02-2011, 09:18 AM
If our Punter goes down we're screwed.

TXBRONC
09-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Im not saying we should be scared of Cincy. That was the point i was making there. They are very young on offense and will struggle this year. McNabb, despite having a tough year last year has a WAY better team around him in Minny. He wont have to do too much and so far with the ones he's played pretty well. I think he bounces back bigtime this year. Agreed on Detroit although containing Suh will be the real trick for a inconsistent Denver oline.

True McNabb didn't have good team around him and that contributed to his rough season. But what does he have left in tank? Right now I agree with Lancane of the four NFC North teams that we will face the Vikings seem to be the most winnable. But the game is in Minnesota so that can be great equalizer.

Canmore
09-02-2011, 11:06 AM
I agree there a lot variables and past history to consider. You mentioned how struggled against the Bengals the last two times we've met. True enough but Carson Palmer was the quarterback in both of those games and he's no longer there that's a huge difference.

We use to routinely beat the Raiders regardless of who the head coach was including Norv Turner and now we've only beaten his teams couple of times in the past several seasons. Hey looks the Patriots We've beaten Belicheck and Brady regularly. Ultimately it's going to come down to the players on the field or the lack there of and who makes the plays who doesn't.

I agree with you that I think Denver will struggle but are we going to be 2-14 suck for Luck bad? I don't think that we will be that bad unless we are ravaged by injuries especially on the defensive side of the ball.

If we are hit by the injury bug early we will be suck for Luck bad. Intellectually, I knew we had no depth but after watching the Arizona game last night... my God! If we have starters go down, we are playing practice squad quality players. Someone posted we could make as many as eight moves after the 53 man team is set, bringing in cut players for depth. I wouldn't be surprised.

BigDaddyBronco
09-02-2011, 11:52 AM
So lets look at depth.

QB - Orton, Tebow, Quinn (all mediocre, but all 3 will probably make it), Weber to PS
RB - Moreno, McGahee - both in, Lance Ball - hmmm, maybe a waiver wire guy here
FB - Larsen
WR - Lloyd, Royal, Decker (D.Thomas on PUP), Willis, Riley, Anderson - hmmm 1 of the three for sure, B. Davis? maybe a wiaver wire guy here as a returner
TE - Fells, J. Thomas - both in, Rosario, Green, Gronkowski - 2 of the 3
T - Clady, Franklin (Beadles can back up at RT) - Clark, Taylor - both look bad, Grant to PS probably a waiver wire back up LT
G - Kuper, Beadles and 1 of either Holchstein, Daniels, or Olsen
C - Walton, if one of the guards can play center, they will only keep one center

So my guess is 3 QB's, 3 RB's, 1 FB, 4 TE's, 5 WR's, 3 T's, 3 G's, 1 C with maybe one more OLine and 1 more at WR or RB for a total of 25

K - Prater
P - Colquitt
LS - Paxton

3 more there

DE - Ayers, Doom, and then Hunter, Jarmon, Harvey, and Beal (I think Hunter because he can play some OLB, and Jarmon because he can play some DT)
DT - Bunkley, Vickerson, M. Thomas, R. McBean and maybe Ty Warren is they don't put him on IR (possible waiver wire here to replace McBean and maybe another to put Warren on IR)
OLB - DJ Williams, Miller, Woodyard, and Robinson, Hagan, or Mohammed (I would prefer Hagan as he can play SLB or MLB, butI bet he will be cut)
MLB - Mays, Irving
CB - Champ, Goodman, Vaughn, Squid to IR, Cox cut and 1 or 2 waiver wire CB's brought in
S - Dawkins, Moore, McCarthy with McBath, Bruton, and Carter fighting it out (my guess is Carter)

So we will have 4 DE's, 4 DT's, 6 LB's, 5 CB's, and 4 S with 2 more positions to make 53, maybe 1 more S for special teams (Bruton) and maybe Warren not being put on IR.

What do you guys think?

TXBRONC
09-02-2011, 12:15 PM
So lets look at depth.

QB - Orton, Tebow, Quinn (all mediocre, but all 3 will probably make it), Weber to PS
RB - Moreno, McGahee - both in, Lance Ball - hmmm, maybe a waiver wire guy here
FB - Larsen
WR - Lloyd, Royal, Decker (D.Thomas on PUP), Willis, Riley, Anderson - hmmm 1 of the three for sure, B. Davis? maybe a wiaver wire guy here as a returner
TE - Fells, J. Thomas - both in, Rosario, Green, Gronkowski - 2 of the 3
T - Clady, Franklin (Beadles can back up at RT) - Clark, Taylor - both look bad, Grant to PS probably a waiver wire back up LT
G - Kuper, Beadles and 1 of either Holchstein, Daniels, or Olsen
C - Walton, if one of the guards can play center, they will only keep one center

So my guess is 3 QB's, 3 RB's, 1 FB, 4 TE's, 5 WR's, 3 T's, 3 G's, 1 C with maybe one more OLine and 1 more at WR or RB for a total of 25

K - Prater
P - Colquitt
LS - Paxton

3 more there

DE - Ayers, Doom, and then Hunter, Jarmon, Harvey, and Beal (I think Hunter because he can play some OLB, and Jarmon because he can play some DT)
DT - Bunkley, Vickerson, M. Thomas, R. McBean and maybe Ty Warren is they don't put him on IR (possible waiver wire here to replace McBean and maybe another to put Warren on IR)
OLB - DJ Williams, Miller, Woodyard, and Robinson, Hagan, or Mohammed (I would prefer Hagan as he can play SLB or MLB, butI bet he will be cut)
MLB - Mays, Irving
CB - Champ, Goodman, Vaughn, Squid to IR, Cox cut and 1 or 2 waiver wire CB's brought in
S - Dawkins, Moore, McCarthy with McBath, Bruton, and Carter fighting it out (my guess is Carter)

So we will have 4 DE's, 4 DT's, 6 LB's, 5 CB's, and 4 S with 2 more positions to make 53, maybe 1 more S for special teams (Bruton) and maybe Warren not being put on IR.

What do you guys think?

I think you've probably nailed for the most part. At running back Jeremiah Johnson might make it onto the roster. With having Thompson going to IR I think Cox stays. Also I think it's pretty safe bet that all of EFX's draft picks make the team. Lastly I could see Haggan making it over Robinson because he can play three different positions and also has experience on Special Teams.

Cugel
09-02-2011, 04:20 PM
If the game was 30 minutes long and the season were 8 games then I'd see the Broncos as a 6-2 team that makes the playoffs.

But, Doom & Miller have to rest sometimes, and who are their backups? Who's backing up Orlando Franklin at RT? The OL generally? Who is backing up Bailey & Goodman not that Thompson is out for the season?

Then there's DT where the Broncos had a plan. They would ignore all the screaming fans and critics who said that DT was the biggest need on the team and they'd draft Miller, which meant they would have to address DT in FA.

So their BIGGEST FA acquisition was Ty Warren coming off 2 seasons lost to injury. Big risk, but if they could get the player who had 6 sacks playing in a 3-4 defense a few years ago, they would be MUCH better inside.

Well, just take $4 million in a couple of suitcases and BURN them! Warren is out for the season.

Now Bunkley and Thomas are STARTING the season banged up. Who knows how long they will last? And they are mediocre at best to begin with!

This team just has ZERO quality backups and you can't expect to go through games with your starters playing every down.

The #1 defense has only had to play for 1 half so far! Wait until they get to week 11 and the real meat of the season is just starting! And they are down to starting Ryan McBean at DT along with Vickerson. :coffee:

The Broncos for years have started strong and then faded in the 2nd half as the starters get tired/injured and their backups just sucked.

That's even more the case this season. You saw last night that there's a HUGE drop-off between someone like Doom and Jeremy Jarvon, Robert Hunter, Harvey.

I'd say they will have to bring in 4-6 veterans off the waiver wire just to fill out the roster with guys who don't totally suck. :coffee:

This team will have to be extremely lucky to win 6-7 games. A couple of miracle wins like the "Immaculate Deflection" in 2009 and they could go 8-8.