PDA

View Full Version : Could Niners Be a Trade Partner?

OrangeHoof
08-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Frank Gore is unhappy. He wants more money but the Niners like some of the backups, especially Kendall Hunter, and won't renegotiate. Gore can be great but he's injury prone. Although the Niners like Kaepernick (sp) from Nevada, they could really use a better QB than Alex Smith.

Would you deal Orton for Gore? Would you deal Tebow for Gore? Or is Gore just damaged goods at this point in his career? Or are you satisfied with Moreno/McGahee?

ogplife
08-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Not big on hypothetical trades, especially in football, but here goes.

Orton for Gore - Would do in a heartbeat.

Tebow for Gore - Would not do, nor would the 49ers want to do after several years trying to groom smith

Quinn for Gore - Would not do. Actually would noot trade Quinn for anyone. He could be one of those late blooming quartberbacks and I want to see him on the field in real games before he is gone. We gave up Hillis for him too, which should at least warrant a chance.

Basically in my perfect world, Orton is gone, Quinn starts and if he is the real deal, we obviously lock him up if he us and if he isn't Tebow takes over for the final eight games and we see what he has. Unfortunately my perfect world does not exist.

tomjonesrocks
08-28-2011, 02:03 PM
First off, Orton is untradeable with his contract demands and is already named the week 1 starter.

Quinn likely doesn't play in a single regular season game this year and walks without compensation to the Broncos next year. Which means the team will have given away Hillis for nothing.

The end.

So IMO unless he's going to PLAY the team needs to move Quinn. Now. For SOMETHING.

Northman
08-28-2011, 02:12 PM
Im good with Moreno/McGahee.

Magnificent Seven
08-28-2011, 02:26 PM
Trade Orton for Niners' LB Patrick Willis and RB Frank Gore! :D :beer:

UnderArmour
08-28-2011, 02:34 PM

Nah obviously Quinn would be enough for Patrick Willis. Maybe we should have em throw in a 2nd round pick too.

SpringsBroncoFan
08-28-2011, 02:44 PM
Funny, I was just thinking about a 49ers trade - except mine was a do-over of the draft day trade to add our 67 & 204 in exchange for their 76 & 108.

So, in effect the trade would result in adding Sione Fua & Colin McCarthy over Nate Irving & Virgil Green. Hindsight is so much fun! lol

tomjonesrocks
08-28-2011, 03:28 PM
The suggestion of aquiring anyone of name value is funny though.

We couldn't be bothered to pay for a Mebane but Gore is a possibility.

Mmm.

SR
08-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Some people play entirely too much Madden.

Rick
08-28-2011, 05:44 PM
To be honest here...

I love the idea of tebow or Quinn taking over as QB someday but right now, we will see if it continues in season games, Orton just is not only our best QB...he looks good.

I don't like Orton on a personal level...at all...but I want to win and he just looks pretty damn good ATM.

In fact if he happens to play all season like he has to this point I wouldn't be opposed to him sticking around...

i want Tebow to step up and be the guy as much as anyone but I want to have the best QB out there playing. If it is Orton than so be it.

So...no to dealing any of the QBs...

Lancane
08-28-2011, 05:57 PM
To be honest here...

I love the idea of tebow or Quinn taking over as QB someday but right now, we will see if it continues in season games, Orton just is not only our best QB...he looks good.

I don't like Orton on a personal level...at all...but I want to win and he just looks pretty damn good ATM.

In fact if he happens to play all season like he has to this point I wouldn't be opposed to him sticking around...

i want Tebow to step up and be the guy as much as anyone but I want to have the best QB out there playing. If it is Orton than so be it.

So...no to dealing any of the QBs...

And you'd be severely pissed off if Orton has a great season, get's his big payday then reverts to form.

;)

Rick
08-28-2011, 05:59 PM
And you'd be severely pissed off if Orton has a great season, get's his big payday then reverts to form.

;)

Yes I would :)

I just want to win again :sad:

Agent of Orange
08-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Frank Gore is unhappy. He wants more money but the Niners like some of the backups, especially Kendall Hunter, and won't renegotiate. Gore can be great but he's injury prone. Although the Niners like Kaepernick (sp) from Nevada, they could really use a better QB than Alex Smith.

Would you deal Orton for Gore? Would you deal Tebow for Gore? Or is Gore just damaged goods at this point in his career? Or are you satisfied with Moreno/McGahee?

I'd trade Moreno for Chris Johnson in a heartbeat.

atwater27
08-28-2011, 10:45 PM
We already have one running back with multiple knee surgeries, we don't need another major injury risk.

DenBronx
08-28-2011, 10:56 PM

id send them orton and moreno for those two!

DenBronx
08-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Some people play entirely too much Madden.

nah...we just dream of getting mediocrity out of the building.

TXBRONC
08-29-2011, 09:38 AM
I wouldn't want Gore because he has a lot of wear and tear on his body due to the position he plays.

Mike
08-29-2011, 09:52 AM
I would trade either Orton or Quinn for picks. Not interested in Gore (too many injuries, too many miles, too many years). And I like what Denver has in the backfield.

I don't think SF makes a deal though. I have them as front runners in the the suck for Luck.

TXBRONC
08-29-2011, 09:59 AM
I would trade either Orton or Quinn for picks. Not interested in Gore (too many injuries, too many miles, too many years). And I like what Denver has in the backfield.

I don't think SF makes a deal though. I have them as front runners in the the suck for Luck.

But Orton gives us the best chance to win. :behindsofa: