PDA

View Full Version : Cross between Colts/Jets

ogplife
08-28-2011, 07:40 AM
When I have watched these pre-season games I have seen a cross between the current NYJ (great scheming, below average talent on defense) and the 2000-2006 Colts (bad defense, but terror on third down with Freeney and Mathis). I have seen great scheming to make up for elite talent on first and second down (I'm becoming a huge Dennis Allen fan), but unlike the jets we have the elite talent to get pressure with 6 or less on third down, similar to those colts teams.

In other words, Dennis Allen is the key. If he can scheme well on first and second down, he can leave on third down and return for the next defensive possession... this defense can be really, really good.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-28-2011, 09:27 AM
It's a pretty good comparison ogp. If we can only solidify the interior D-line we'll be in great shape I think. The scheme is nasty for getting edge pressure, but doesn't really get much from the interior of the D-line and is soft in the middle vs the run.

OldschoolFreak
08-29-2011, 09:17 AM
Wouldn't it be great if we actually got to enjoy the continuity of keeping a DC for more than one season?