PDA

View Full Version : I really hope the VonDoom we saw tonight is for real.

Agent of Orange
08-27-2011, 11:37 PM
That was almost breath taking. It's just insane how quickly both of them close on the QB. I'm hoping there will be a lot of sacks where the QB's underestimate their closing speed. It's really intense when they're zeroing in.

BeefStew25
08-27-2011, 11:56 PM
Tkwn7YoReMc

Ziggy
08-27-2011, 11:57 PM
If we can get teams into 2nd and 3rd and long situations, I expect to see a fun defense this season. I also expect to see teams running a ton of screens against them.

BroncoStud
08-27-2011, 11:57 PM
I don't think there is any doubt our pass rush will be much better this season than last, but Seattle looks like garbage. They have to be one of the bottom 3 or 4 teams in the NFL and Tavaris Jackson is GOD AWFUL.

Pete Carroll must HATE Charlie Whitehurst on a personal level to keep him on the bench, Jackson is putrid.

sneakers
08-28-2011, 12:00 AM
Fap to them while you can.....it's only going to get more difficult from here.

BroncoBowlby 88
08-28-2011, 12:09 AM
We already know what Doom brings to the table, and its great to see that even after adding a few pounds to help with the run he can still get after the QB. Von looks like the real deal! One move and then straight to the QB, that's nice to see. Looks to me like the Derrick Thomas comparisons are accurate! :defense:

DenBronx
08-28-2011, 12:09 AM
I think it's for real.

Tned
08-28-2011, 12:12 AM
That was almost breath taking. It's just insane how quickly both of them close on the QB. I'm hoping there will be a lot of sacks where the QB's underestimate their closing speed. It's really intense when they're zeroing in.

That's how they looked against Buffalo, too. The big question is will they be as successful against the top teams. If they, and the rest of the D, play anywhere close to how they've played in preseason, our defense is going to be the bright part of this team.

Agent of Orange
08-28-2011, 12:19 AM
That's how they looked against Buffalo, too. The big question is will they be as successful against the top teams. If they, and the rest of the D, play anywhere close to how they've played in preseason, our defense is going to be the bright part of this team.

People keep talking about how "its just Tavarris Jackson". Well Tavarris Jackson is actually mobile and it did him no good. Doom and Von are so fast, it's going to screw up the clock in a lot of good QBs heads if they can get out of the blocks early in games. And it also helps that there's two of them that QBs have to account for. This should help accelerate throws and increase mistakes leading to turnovers.

The other thing is, if we get burned now and then by a QB like Brady or Brees, that's not so bad. We have plenty of games against QBs like Cambell and Cassel though. If this can help us win those games, it can really help improve our prospects.

Im not so sure they cant make some of the better QBs look bad though.

BroncoBJ
08-28-2011, 12:56 AM
Its been a treat to watch this season. Looks like we pass a QB from Von to Doom, or visa versa, back and forth like they are a rag doll. Jackson looked a lil scared tonight and panicked. I also hope that Allen isn't showing all our cards this preseason. Because were bringing more pressure then it seems like teams normally do in preseason. Still was fun to watch. Also like watching our CBs actually play on the Reciever more instead of 15 yards back. But man, starting to really like Von. Just waiting for the reg season to start now :elefant:

Canmore
08-28-2011, 04:44 AM
People keep talking about how "its just Tavarris Jackson". Well Tavarris Jackson is actually mobile and it did him no good. Doom and Von are so fast, it's going to screw up the clock in a lot of good QBs heads if they can get out of the blocks early in games. And it also helps that there's two of them that QBs have to account for. This should help accelerate throws and increase mistakes leading to turnovers.

The speed of Von Miller is breath taking and Doom hasn't missed a beat. We can dial up pressure. Quarterbacks around this league are going to take notice. Sacks, hurries, knockdowns and tunovers are going to be generated. The little clock in the quarterbacks head is going to beat a little faster.

The other thing is, if we get burned now and then by a QB like Brady or Brees, that's not so bad. We have plenty of games against QBs like Cambell and Cassel though. If this can help us win those games, it can really help improve our prospects.

The not so good quarterbacks are really going to take notice of the film of Miller and Dumervil. For the first time in a long time it's going to be our defense licking it's lips.

Im not so sure they cant make some of the better QBs look bad though.

The great ones are great for a reason, they handle pressure well, but I'm really hoping they haven't seen pressure like the type I'm envisioning. I know it was only Seattle and Buffalo, but we really got after the quarterback.

TXBRONC
08-28-2011, 08:25 AM
The speed of Von Miller is breath taking and Doom hasn't missed a beat. We can dial up pressure. Quarterbacks around this league are going to take notice. Sacks, hurries, knockdowns and tunovers are going to be generated. The little clock in the quarterbacks head is going to beat a little faster.

The not so good quarterbacks are really going to take notice of the film of Miller and Dumervil. For the first time in a long time it's going to be our defense licking it's lips.

The great ones are great for a reason, they handle pressure well, but I'm really hoping they haven't seen pressure like the type I'm envisioning. I know it was only Seattle and Buffalo, but we really got after the quarterback.

I said in the Game Day Thread that Dumervil and Miller combined for 3.5 sacks last night and the two of them combined for numerous pressures. It's not that others didn't invovled in the show it's just Dumervil and Miller were show stoppers.

Broncogator
08-28-2011, 08:46 AM
We already know what Doom brings to the table, and its great to see that even after adding a few pounds to help with the run he can still get after the QB. Von looks like the real deal! One move and then straight to the QB, that's nice to see. Looks to me like the Derrick Thomas comparisons are accurate! :defense:

I wonder if he can father as many ******* babies as Thomas...:laugh:

SOCALORADO.
08-29-2011, 08:38 AM
I think the VonDoom pass rush will be good. But lets not get all crazy here, em kay.
I see Von still learning, and sometimes he simply can get washed out of plays. He occasionally takes really bad angles, and tries to go outside and just gets pushed right out of the play. But his 1st step is LETHAL!
He still has alot to learn. Next season i think it will become the best in the NFL.

TXBRONC
08-29-2011, 08:52 AM
Something else I would like to draw your attention to is how Dumervil and Miller did against the run. It looked to me like they both did ok against the run.

Canmore
08-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Something else I would like to draw your attention to is how Dumervil and Miller did against the run. It looked to me like they both did ok against the run.

I though Dumervil was improved from my memory of him at defensive end. Twice I thought nice play against the run. Miller is all over the field. What speed.

BroncoNut
08-29-2011, 01:48 PM

Jeff Saturday won't put up with any of their shit. But that's the only obstacle that I see at this point.