PDA

View Full Version : The Chiefs are going to crush us ... ?

Hawgdriver
12-01-2008, 04:07 AM
It worked so well last time, why not try it again?

I just don't see how the Broncos can stop Larry Johnson, especially since the wily plugger has added the drink-tossing ruse into his arsenal. It's tough to tackle with Tanqueray and tonic in your eyes.

Thigpen has been virtually unstoppable getting the ball from under center. His odds of throwing it are high, and we know how suspect the Denver pass defense is.

I really don't know what else to say, I just don't see us winning this one.

I guess it only works if you mean it?

This is a dangerous team though, I'm hoping for a repeat performance.

dogfish
12-01-2008, 04:48 AM
we only beat good teams. . . . :screwy:

LRtagger
12-01-2008, 09:23 AM

Oh well at least that will come in handy should we make the playoffs.

broncofaninfla
12-01-2008, 09:25 AM

It is weird how we seem to step up against good teams and roll over for bad teams. At times we are good enough to beat the best and at times bad enough to lose to the worst. I can't help but be optimistic about our future though. We are only going to get better next year.

CoachChaz
12-01-2008, 09:29 AM
it's called playing to the level of your competition. My girls soccer team use to do that and it drove me crazy. They'd play a really bad team and win 1-0, then play a really good team and win 5-0.

Alot of it falls on the coaches for not getting the team more prepared for the game and another big factor is the youth this team has right now. They'll outgrow it

Fan in Exile
12-01-2008, 09:52 AM
I really hope that playing against Oakland the way they did was a wake up call. They just can't keep tanking the way they have been.

Still though I think that KC isn't going to have has much pep for this game their season has tanked and they don't have revenge as a motive. I think if we get an early lead we should be good.

tomjonesrocks
12-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Sounds cliche--but it's all turnovers IMO. Fumbles on the Chiefs goal line as we're about to score? Interceptions in the back of the Chiefs end zone as we're about to score? We lose.

Play like they did against the Falcons and Jets and the Broncos win in a romp.

Who will show up? Nobody knows!

LordTrychon
12-01-2008, 10:31 AM
I have faith in the revenge factor in this one.

It bit us with Oakland.... our turn.

Plus, since KC just won... we're obviously a trap game. :D

jrelway
12-01-2008, 10:37 AM
so long as we lock this division up ill be happy.

MOtorboat
12-01-2008, 10:37 AM
I don't think Kansas City wins another game this season...

broncofaninfla
12-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Revenge

Northman
12-01-2008, 10:58 AM
We're Dooooooomed!

LordTrychon
12-01-2008, 11:03 AM
We're Dooooooomed!

So was Favre....

Thigpen is next...

:D

EastCoastBronco
12-01-2008, 11:08 AM
I gave up predicting with these guys... Trying to analyse this crew will send you to Bellview....

Reidman
12-01-2008, 11:16 AM
I am worried about this one....

They are on a win streak right now...

;)

Shazam!
12-01-2008, 11:19 AM
No way Denver gets sweeped by the Chiefs. No ?!@#ing way. Even as inconsistent as they are this will not happen. They may not win in a blowout as we all want to see every week, but they'll get it done, meet (and hopefully) surpass 2007's win total on Sunday.

MileHighWrath
12-01-2008, 11:40 AM
If the Broncos don't turn the ball over 5 times in the first meeting they win. Take care of the ball and it's a route at Mile High this Sunday!

It's just that simple.

NightTrainLayne
12-01-2008, 11:59 AM
It looked like last night that the Broncos were already -9.5 point favorites at home against the Chiefs. . .at least Vegas believes. :D

BeefStew25
12-01-2008, 12:02 PM
It looked like last night that the Broncos were already -9.5 point favorites at home against the Chiefs. . .at least Vegas believes. :D

I put my mortgage on the Jets to cover, so I am really pissed at the Broncos for playing well. They better cover against the Chiefs, or things are going to be really bad.

Northman
12-01-2008, 12:04 PM
I put my mortgage on the Jets to cover, so I am really pissed at the Broncos for playing well. They better cover against the Chiefs, or things are going to be really bad.

Then quit buying Jay beers at the bar all night. :coffee:

Medford Bronco
lol that was my idea last week of a reverse psychology thread.

I hope it works. :salute:

Poet
Can lightning strike twice?

BroncoWave
12-01-2008, 12:06 PM
I just might jump off a bridge if we get swept by the Chiefs. Going 1-3 against the Raiders and Chiefs this season would be unacceptable.

NightTrainLayne
12-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Then quit buying Jay beers at the bar all night. :coffee:

Seriously. There was the thread a few weeks ago about Jay partying on the eve of games in Denver.

I was wondering if we've (he's) been playing so well on the road because he's under curfew and therefore better rested on game-day. .. not a bad theory if it's true that he's out the night before games.

Rex
12-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Seriously. There was the thread a few weeks ago about Jay partying on the eve of games in Denver.

I was wondering if we've (he's) been playing so well on the road because he's under curfew and therefore better rested on game-day. .. not a bad theory if it's true that he's out the night before games.

Uh oh.

Prepare for crucifixion.

NightTrainLayne
12-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Uh oh.

Prepare for crucifixion.

I'm still not sold on the idea that he's out partying the night before. . .but IF it's true, then this would make some sense.

BigDaddyBronco
12-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Uh oh.

Prepare for crucifixion.

Tubby will give him some high-5's. :rolleyes:

dogfish
12-01-2008, 02:56 PM
it's called playing to the level of your competition. My girls soccer team use to do that and it drove me crazy. They'd play a really bad team and win 1-0, then play a really good team and win 5-0.

Alot of it falls on the coaches for not getting the team more prepared for the game and another big factor is the youth this team has right now. They'll outgrow it

so does that mean the broncos play like little girls, or does it mean you're not a good motivator as a soccer coach?

:laugh:

NightTrainLayne
12-01-2008, 03:59 PM
so does that mean the broncos play like little girls, or does it mean you're not a good motivator as a soccer coach?

:laugh:

Nah. . .it just means that on the weeks that Coach's soccer team was readying to play weak opponents that Coach spent more time trying to pick up the MILFs than preparing his team. :D

weazel
12-01-2008, 07:47 PM
for this to work, we all have to post the same thing though...

you think the Broncos are going to keep within 9 points? This game is going to be a blow out. chiefs by 20+

OB
12-01-2008, 07:57 PM
i guaranteed the `1st game - ie loss - im not so sure this week ;)

Day1BroncoFan
12-01-2008, 08:22 PM
This is the perfect setup for a Broncos loss.

Coming off a fantastic win on the road and playing a team at home we should beat easily.