PDA

View Full Version : Injury Update: Henry, Walker, and Lynch

BigBroncLove
10-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Lynch is good news, and the MRI on Henry is as well, but it worries me that Walker is stil unable to practice..... Also not covered in the sotry, John Engleberger also apparently had an MRI done this week, and Shanahan did not comment on his condition or availability for this weeks game.

http://www.gazette.com/sports/shanahan_28043___article.html/henry_practice.html

ENGLEWOOD – The Denver Broncos practiced today without running back Travis Henry and receiver Javon Walker, but safety John Lynch was participating during the early part of practice that is open to the media.

Henry had a magnetic resonance imaging test on his injured right leg, but no damage was found to the knee or ankle. Still, the Broncos held him out of practice today and coach Mike Shanahan said he didn’t know whether Henry would practice Thursday.

“You’re always hoping but we won’t know until tomorrow,” Shanahan said.

Walker has a knee injury. He was inactive last week against Indianapolis. So was Lynch, who has a groin injury. Shanahan was hesitant to indicate if he thought either one would play Sunday against San Diego.

“Any time you have a groin and a hamstring you don’t know for sure until somebody practices,” Shanahan said. “Can you go full speed and how much can you work it? Obviously with the knee situation it’s the same thing.”

See more in Thursday's Gazette

SR
10-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the update. I sure hope Walker can play. Cutler looked lost without him last week.

NameUsedBefore
10-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Walker just makes the whole offense that much more potent. The strength of Marshall and the route-running of Stokely are really extrapolated when Walker's on the field.

Medford Bronco
10-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Walker just makes the whole offense that much more potent. The strength of Marshall and the route-running of Stokely are really extrapolated when Walker's on the field.

Agreed to a point. I still think we need to incorporate Daniel Graham when in the Red Zone. He always did a good job for NE scoring clutch TDS..

I just want to see a Clean game, which has not happened in a long time.

No turnovers. Cutler always has at least one. I want zero. This is how you learn to be a good QB in the NFL. Step it up when your team needs it and hope your sieve run defense can get a bit better by cheating a safety or Norv Turner thinking he has Troy Aikman still, when in Fact Philp Rivers is far from somone as good as Aikman

Reidman
10-03-2007, 08:35 PM
MRI's are becoming wayyy too common for this team lately...

topscribe
10-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Agreed to a point. I still think we need to incorporate Daniel Graham when in the Red Zone. He always did a good job for NE scoring clutch TDS..

I just want to see a Clean game, which has not happened in a long time.

No turnovers. Cutler always has at least one. I want zero. This is how you learn to be a good QB in the NFL. Step it up when your team needs it and hope your sieve run defense can get a bit better by cheating a safety or Norv Turner thinking he has Troy Aikman still, when in Fact Philp Rivers is far from somone as good as Aikman
Well, I don't know anyone who would disagree with you, but we need to have
patience with Cutler. In another recent post, I pointed out Elway's, Manning's,
and Unitas' respective first years, and Cutler is doing better so far than
them all.

As a de facto rookie, Cutler will have some good games and some bad games.
We need to expect this.

Let's hope, however, he has a good one this Sunday . . .

-----

jlarsiii
10-03-2007, 08:47 PM
them all.

We need to expect this.

-----

Agreed, to both you and Med B.
We need to have more patience and see how our team progresses.

SBboundBRONCOS
10-03-2007, 10:00 PM
i would rather take 1 INT game from our young QB cutler and still have a great chance of winning than 3 ints in 1 game over 3 games and a loss. because we have an excellent chance of winning with only 1 int a game, than we would over a 3 int game

TXBRONC
10-03-2007, 10:13 PM
I sure hope Walker can play Sunday and I agree with Med that Graham and hopefully Scheffler can be used in this game.

dogfish
10-04-2007, 12:05 AM
damn, those are our big guns-- we need those guys out on the field!

:frusty:

and i need henry to produce for my fantasy teams as well. . . . :laugh:

:frusty:

broncosfanscott
10-04-2007, 02:00 AM
Thanks for the update. I sure hope Walker can play. Cutler looked lost without him last week.

Yeah, I hope Walker is healthy enough to play Sunday. His presence adds so much. On the other hand we need out other Stokley and Graham (in the red zone as well) to step up in case Walker doesn't play. Graham got more involved in the Indy game so hopefully that carries over to Sunday.

I think Henry will be fine.

Lynch is a leader on defense and is needed to help our defense improve.

The Dark Knight
10-04-2007, 02:21 AM
them all.

We need to expect this.

-----

Yeah, I really don't mind Cutler's growing pains, so long as he truely learns from them.

The one thing that chapped my ass about Jake was that he seemed to make rookie mistakes all the time. He usually made up for it, but it gave me ulcers to no end.

TXBRONC
10-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Yeah, I really don't mind Cutler's growing pains, so long as he truely learns from them.

The one thing that chapped my ass about Jake was that he seemed to make rookie mistakes all the time. He usually made up for it, but it gave me ulcers to no end.

Honestly I don't think Jake usually made up for mistakes. Sometimes yes, but always seemed to me when Jake make mistakes he compounded them with more mistakes.

According to an article I read just rescently on this board, Shanahan saw Jake as someone who didn't put in enough study in preparation for games.

BigBroncLove
10-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Honestly I don't think Jake usually made up for mistakes. Sometimes yes, but always seemed to me when Jake make mistakes he compounded them with more mistakes.

According to an article I read just rescently on this board, Shanahan saw Jake as someone who didn't put in enough study in preparation for games.

I read that article a few weeks back and it was an interesting one. I don't want to turn this into a jake and jay thread, but I really don't want to think about what this team would look like with the poor defensive play to go together with what appeared to me to be panic laced or poor decisions by Plummer. Cutlers presence under pressure has been a big factor in our offensive production IMO.

There should be an update today as to Walker and Henry's condition. Lynch reported that he felt good in practice, and that his injury wasn't hindering his ability to move at full speed. I think Lynch will surely be playing, my biggest concerns are Walker and Henry.

Also Stokley has been dealing with a minor calf injury, but should be good to go for the game, and it sounds as if it is him just being sore rather then dealing with significant pain or a serious injury of any type. He has been limited in practice however.

TXBRONC
10-04-2007, 01:09 PM
I read that article a few weeks back and it was an interesting one. I don't want to turn this into a jake and jay thread, but I really don't want to think about what this team would look like with the poor defensive play to go together with what appeared to me to be panic laced or poor decisions by Plummer. Cutlers presence under pressure has been a big factor in our offensive production IMO.

There should be an update today as to Walker and Henry's condition. Lynch reported that he felt good in practice, and that his injury wasn't hindering his ability to move at full speed. I think Lynch will surely be playing, my biggest concerns are Walker and Henry.

Also Stokley has been dealing with a minor calf injury, but should be good to go for the game, and it sounds as if it is him just being sore rather then dealing with significant pain or a serious injury of any type. He has been limited in practice however.

I fully agree I'm not looking turn this into a Jay vs Jake thread. I just want to respond the TDK's post.

arapaho2
10-04-2007, 04:13 PM
did someone mention a jay vrs jake debate??:ahhhhh:

we havent had a good knock down slobber knocker j vrs j debate in some time...im in