PDA

View Full Version : Remember back in the day

Medford Bronco
10-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Watching NE cream teams this year kinda reminded me of the old days
when we with Elway, Davis, Sharpe, McCaffrey and Rod Smith would dominate teams.

TD was awesome. Off tackle cut back for 50 yards Touchdown

There used to be scores of 34-0 over Seattle at halftime. Those were fun times.

I wish we could have some of those days when WE were the best and please dont flame me as I am just reminicing about the good life when I felt we would never lose any games and usually would score at least 30 plus points

I certianly dont feel that now and hope someday we get there.
But you need balance to do that and our team is imbalanced right now

BigBroncLove
10-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Man, I remember those days. Sharpe being hte great player he was and pretending to the call the president because... was it hte Patriots?.... needed the national guard to help them against the Broncos :lol:. Watching TD was amazing. I still don't feel I've ever seen anyone play with so much speed and power, and do it as consistently as TD did. Bary Sanders was a different type of player then TD was..... Elways accomplishments speak fo themselves. Watching Zimmer run over Dlinemen, Keith Traylor force his way to the QB constantly, Mobley would make clutch plays, and Atwater was everywhere all at once. Then there was Griffith who would run and block like a Champion and Eddie macs route running, great great blocking, and my god could the man take a hit on hold on to that ball. Lastly, Rod Smith in his prime! when he would leap as high as he did and still come down with the ball, amazing.... I remember that bobble catch against KC in 97. One of the greatest catches I've ever seen....

Those were the days :beer: hopefully we can find them again with a whole different cast.

East Coast Fan
10-04-2007, 07:08 PM
It was easy to get SO USED to being so good for so long; you thought that Elway would be there forever. And 16 years was a long time to have him around and you knew that we always had a chance to win with him. But yes, the team of the era that you speak of was beautiful; I always said that the year we beat the Packers in the Super Bowl we were a very good team; the next year when we beat the Falcons we were a great team-no one seemed to stand much of a chance against us, except for a few "fluke" losses.

"Glory days, yeah they'll pass you by, glory days, in the wink of a young girls eye, glory days";)

Watchthemiddle
10-04-2007, 11:53 PM
Med it seems like we could have those days with this team

Walker and Marshall = Rod and Eddie Mac on offense.

Stokley is the X factor. Elway never had a "slot" WR like Stok's.

Sheffler, Graham, and Jackson equal good size speed and experience. Those 3 alone = Sharpe.

Henry ....well no one = TD, but our running game is superior. Just look who is the leading rusher in the NFL right now. Henry might not be a TD, but he is sure productive.

So alll that said,.....where is the production lacking?

:coffee:

Escobar
10-05-2007, 01:11 AM
Med it seems like we could have those days with this team

Walker and Marshall = Rod and Eddie Mac on offense.

Stokley is the X factor. Elway never had a "slot" WR like Stok's.

Sheffler, Graham, and Jackson equal good size speed and experience. Those 3 alone = Sharpe.

Henry ....well no one = TD, but our running game is superior. Just look who is the leading rusher in the NFL right now. Henry might not be a TD, but he is sure productive.

So alll that said,.....where is the production lacking?

:coffee:

your rush d, qb problems, from a browns fan :laugh:

BANJOPICKER1
10-06-2007, 10:34 PM
I remember those days really well and it seems to me we never were picked to win like the Pats are and Nobody ever said we were going to be the Superbowl champs after 4 games!!:D
We still wooped arse week to week though and I also agree this team could be like that!

GOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!:salute: