PDA

View Full Version : Game Balls

Superchop 7
12-01-2008, 01:01 AM
Mine has to go to Casey Wiegmann, what a performance against a beast that outweighed him by 100 lbs.

That was great Casey.

sneakers
12-01-2008, 01:12 AM
Again.....Stop making pointless threads....Damn dude. If you're going to make a thread, have a good point and a good discussion. Your 2 sentence threads are retarded and annoying. If you want to make stupid, pointless threads then go to broncosmania. They like that stuff over there.

Sometimes the really stupid, pointless threads over there are kinda cute...I especially like the ones after a Bronco loss.

topscribe
12-01-2008, 01:14 AM
Mine has to go to Casey Wiegmann, what a performance against a beast that outweighed him by 100 lbs.

That was great Casey.

Can't argue against that, Chop. At least the offensive ball, although Hillis
and Cutler both present strong arguments of their own for that.

On the defensive side, Woodyard was all over the field.

Thanks for mentioning Casey, though. I was watching one play where he flat
blew up the NG. :shocked:

-----

Hawgdriver
12-01-2008, 01:17 AM
Mine goes to Dan Graham. He's making a difference these days.

topscribe
12-01-2008, 01:18 AM
Mine goes to Dan Graham. He's making a difference these days.

Hmmm . . . he really turned in a strong performance. But how could you finger
him and leave out Scheffler? Those TEs both just owned the middle of the
field.

-----

Italianmobstr7
12-01-2008, 01:22 AM
How about Jay Cutler? 357 yards and 2 td's....

Hawgdriver
12-01-2008, 01:28 AM
Hmmm . . . he really turned in a strong performance. But how could you finger
him and leave out Scheffler? Those TEs both just owned the middle of the
field.

-----

I expect that out of Scheffler, but I had been expecting more from Graham until he recently became reliable. We have needed players to step up and Graham has.

This is just a personal thing. The best players today not on the O-line were Cutler and Hillis, but I figure they are going to get enough love anyway without my 'game ball'.

topscribe
12-01-2008, 01:33 AM
I expect that out of Scheffler, but I had been expecting more from Graham until he recently became reliable. We have needed players to step up and Graham has.

This is just a personal thing. The best players today not on the O-line were Cutler and Hillis, but I figure they are going to get enough love anyway without my 'game ball'.

Makes sense. This has to be Graham's best game as a Bronco. And he has had
some good ones from a blocking standpoint. But his receiving is something I
didn't expect because he wasn't getting separation in pre-season. He's
getting it now. :nod:

-----

Foochacho
12-01-2008, 01:42 AM
How about Jay Cutler? 357 yards and 2 td's....

Imagine if we didn't drop a ton of balls.

Magnificent Seven
12-01-2008, 02:16 AM
Game ball goes to Vernon Fox, fumble recovered and ran for 23 yard touchdown.

Dreadnought
12-01-2008, 06:09 AM
Maybe the play of the game was Kern avoiding the punt block and Paymah downing it at the two. We were within an Ace of a total disaster that could have totally turned the game momentum around, and Kern cooly got the ball away instead.

Not to mention Eddie Royal taking a good play and making a Great one outof it.

broncofaninfla
12-01-2008, 09:22 AM
First I'd like to say it isn't a stupid post. I'd give thegame ball to the entire team. IMO, It was the best team effort all year long. Everybody seemed to step it up. I had a great time watching this game.

pnbronco
12-01-2008, 10:36 AM
Since I have changed my mind the whole thread I will go with a great team effort. Kern keeping his cool and getting that ball off with Paymah getting down on the 2, then the Jets used their last challenge to find out it stood, that was just amazing. The D stopping them on 4th down twice, I was like who are these guys. They really kept Brett from getting in that groove that has killed us for years. Woodward was all over and stripped the ball that gave us our 1st touchdown. Engelberger had some key tackles.

Tony and Daniel keeping drive after drive going and Jay for using them with Stokley, Royal and Marshall. Of course my boy Stokley for getting so open and scoring that final TD. Matt for coming back from a terrible game and making field goals when we needed him, and not listening to the press, or using it in a good way under horrible weather conditions.

Of course Peyton for those great runs and keeping 1st downs going drive after drive when it looked like he had been stopped more than once and the TD. I can't say enough for the O line for not letting them get a sack on Jay and making holes for Peyton. Casey said after the show that the guy he was going against all day had 100 lbs on him and that player told him after the game "you got a lot of heart", what a compliment. I'm also really proud of Tatum Bell for being a part of that O line and being a team player. Last but not least Cutler for not letting the press or the rain get in his head. He has been yelling at the guys that needed it including Marshall and praising them when it they did a good job.

OK one more the local press for being so nasty this whole week. Most of all the ESPN guys that said to not bother to get off the airplane, it really ticked off our Broncos.

jrelway
12-01-2008, 10:43 AM
game ball goes to the coaching staff. having the balls to throw the ball that many times in the rain.

jrelway
12-01-2008, 10:50 AM

That was great Casey.

awesome to see wiegmann locking down jenkins.

Dreadnought
12-01-2008, 10:53 AM
game ball goes to the coaching staff. having the balls to throw the ball that many times in the rain.

The offensive game planning was such a huge improvement over the Oakland game. Hillis was effective running North and South out of a 3 WR formation and against a spread out defense, and the ball was spread around amongst the receivers very well. It was great seeing us remember that we have a top tier TE corps too.

pnbronco
12-01-2008, 11:10 AM
The offensive game planning was such a huge improvement over the Oakland game. Hillis was effective running North and South out of a 3 WR formation and against a spread out defense, and the ball was spread around amongst the receivers very well. It was great seeing us remember that we have a top tier TE corps too.

You are so right Dread. I think for me the best part was to see the body language of Sheff. He was so frustrated last week the way he grabbed the his chin straps. After the first couple of plays he was back to old Tony, making great plays getting up smiling, I was like he's back, whoo hoo....

Superchop 7
12-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Since I have changed my mind the whole thread I will go with a great team effort. Kern keeping his cool and getting that ball off with Paymah getting down on the 2, then the Jets used their last challenge to find out it stood, that was just amazing. The D stopping them on 4th down twice, I was like who are these guys. They really kept Brett from getting in that groove that has killed us for years. Woodward was all over and stripped the ball that gave us our 1st touchdown. Engelberger had some key tackles.

Tony and Daniel keeping drive after drive going and Jay for using them with Stokley, Royal and Marshall. Of course my boy Stokley for getting so open and scoring that final TD. Matt for coming back from a terrible game and making field goals when we needed him, and not listening to the press, or using it in a good way under horrible weather conditions.

Of course Peyton for those great runs and keeping 1st downs going drive after drive when it looked like he had been stopped more than once and the TD. I can't say enough for the O line for not letting them get a sack on Jay and making holes for Peyton. Casey said after the show that the guy he was going against all day had 100 lbs on him and that player told him after the game "you got a lot of heart", what a compliment. I'm also really proud of Tatum Bell for being a part of that O line and being a team player. Last but not least Cutler for not letting the press or the rain get in his head. He has been yelling at the guys that needed it including Marshall and praising them when it they did a good job.

OK one more the local press for being so nasty this whole week. Most of all the ESPN guys that said to not bother to get off the airplane, it really ticked off our Broncos.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

How about the local trolls being nasty ?