PDA

View Full Version : 3 1/2 Game Lead

Timmy!
12-01-2008, 12:26 AM
Discuss:

:D :D :D :D :D

Italianmobstr7
12-01-2008, 12:52 AM
Don't tell MO. He'll argue to the death that it's a 4 game lead. As it stands now, I see it as a 3 1/2 game lead also. We're up by 3 games, and we own the tie-breaker as of now. 1 win for us next week, and a SD loss and the division is ours. I really think that Denver can win this division next week. I sure hope that they do. Denver's D actually played pretty good today with the exception of a few plays. I think we've found the secret to playing good D. Don't turn the ball over, and get a lead. When we play ahead, they step up. When we're down, they fall apart.

PatricktheDookie
12-01-2008, 03:16 AM
It's a 3 game lead essentially. We won't be beating San Diego under any tiebreaking scenario.

fcspikeit
12-01-2008, 03:38 AM
It's a 3 game lead essentially. We won't be beating San Diego under any tiebreaking scenario.

No because they would have to win out and us drop 3 out of the 4 for there to be a tie, Beings one of the games will be against each other. A tie isn't possible. If we beat them as our only win of the last four, they don't win out and we win by a game. If they beat us, we split so we would no longer have the tiebreaker. It would then go to division record.

There is no way we can win the division over them because of our head to head matchups. Therefore the 1/2 game lead we now have don't mean anything :D

PatricktheDookie
12-01-2008, 03:45 AM
No because they would have to win out and us drop 3 out of the 4 for there to be a tie, Beings one of the games will be against each other. A tie isn't possible. If we beat them as our only win of the last four, they don't win out and we win by a game. If they beat us, we split so we would no longer have the tiebreaker. It would then go to division record.

There is no way we can win the division over them because of our head to head matchups. Therefore the 1/2 game lead we now have don't mean anything :D

How is that not exactly what I was saying?

fcspikeit
12-01-2008, 03:54 AM
How is that not exactly what I was saying?

It is exactly what you were saying... The no was not in disagreement to your post. It was in agreement that no, "We won't be beating San Diego under any tiebreaking scenario." :beer:

BroncoBJ
12-01-2008, 03:55 AM
I consider it a 3 game lead. Since we have 5 losses. And they have 8.

8-5=3 :laugh:
And we beat them head to head.
But if they beat us on the last game then the division is thiers since they will have the better divisional record.
I really hope it doesn't go down to that.
.. obviously...

But the great news is that we cant get eliminated until that game. We can lose our next 3 games and they can win thier next 3. And then we will have that final game to decide things. Obviously I don't want that. But it feels nice having a cushion.

Lets put them away. :salute:

Win the division in week 15 at worst. :fight: