PDA

View Full Version : The divisional race is FAR from over.

PatricktheDookie
11-30-2008, 11:54 PM
Don't listen to anyone who says the Chargers are dead. San Diego could still pull out a division win, and the scenario is not that far fetched.

Denver's magic number is 2. Two San Diego losses or two Denver wins in the last four weeks means a division title. But it's important to remember a couple things about the Chargers.

1) They just finished a brutal stretch in their schedule.
2) They have been losing a LOT of close games.

In spite of a 4-8 record, the Chargers have still scored more points than their opponents have this season. (By comparison, Denver has given up more points than they have scored.)

The Chargers go back-to-back against Oakland and Kansas City in the next two weeks, and I don't think we can count on either team to upset San Diego. That leaves a week 16 matchup against the Bucs and a home game against the Broncos to finish off the season. If the Chargers beat the Bucs (coming off momentum from two straight wins), things get iffy.

Because Denver lost to Kansas City and to Oakland, losing to the Chargers in week 17 would give San Diego the tiebreaker over the Broncos. This means that, to make that final game irrelevant, Denver needs to maintain a 2 game lead in the division.

We play Kansas City at home, then Carolina on the road, and Buffalo at home. Denver has to win two of those games to lock up the division. If we do not, and San Diego wins out (a very plausible scenario), then it all comes down to one final home game for the Chargers.

So, that's what we need. Two wins. Three games. If we can't pull it off, things will get interesting fast.

Day1BroncoFan
11-30-2008, 11:58 PM
It ain't over yet, very true.

Devilspawn
12-01-2008, 12:08 AM
Quick question. Where did you get the idea that these Bolts will win out? I see them going 2-2 at worse because they are not winning in Tampa or KC. And the Raider game is no gimme unless we have a screen pass for Janikowski to run for the TD.

TXBRONC
12-01-2008, 12:17 AM
Don't listen to anyone who says the Chargers are dead. San Diego could still pull out a division win, and the scenario is not that far fetched.

Denver's magic number is 2. Two San Diego losses or two Denver wins in the last four weeks means a division title. But it's important to remember a couple things about the Chargers.

In spite of a 4-8 record, the Chargers have still scored more points than their opponents have this season. (By comparison, Denver has given up more points than they have scored.)

The Chargers go back-to-back against Oakland and Kansas City in the next two weeks, and I don't think we can count on either team to upset San Diego. That leaves a week 16 matchup against the Bucs and a home game against the Broncos to finish off the season. If the Chargers beat the Bucs (coming off momentum from two straight wins), things get iffy.

Because Denver lost to Kansas City and to Oakland, losing to the Chargers in week 17 would give San Diego the tiebreaker over the Broncos. This means that, to make that final game irrelevant, Denver needs to maintain a 2 game lead in the division.

We play Kansas City at home, then Carolina on the road, and Buffalo at home. Denver has to win two of those games to lock up the division. If we do not, and San Diego wins out (a very plausible scenario), then it all comes down to one final home game for the Chargers.

So, that's what we need. Two wins. Three games. If we can't pull it off, things will get interesting fast.

For Chargers to have any chance of winning the division they have to run the table and at that it only would put them at .500. I don't see them do that considering they still have to go to Tampa Bay the week before they face us.

TXBRONC
12-01-2008, 12:19 AM
Quick question. Where did you get the idea that these Bolts will win out? I see them going 2-2 at worse because they are not winning in Tampa or KC. And the Raider game is no gimme unless we have a screen pass for Janikowski to run for the TD.

Rumor has it that Janikowski is going to be worked into the running back rotation. Do you think there is any truth to that DS? :D

sneakers
12-01-2008, 12:25 AM

Lies!

UnderArmour
12-01-2008, 12:27 AM

Timmy!
12-01-2008, 12:28 AM
Seriously. IF, and I do mean IF, they win out, the Dolts are 8-8. Somebody get a giant fork, because the Chuggers are soooooooooooo done.

TXBRONC
12-01-2008, 12:34 AM
Uh... All we need is a win and a San Diego loss. Division race far from over my ass. We've got this in the bag, no question about it. The Chargers should already be looking into who their next head coach will be.

I'm always leery of saying we have anything in the bag. However the only way I can see the Chargers winning the division is by running the table and Denver imploding. We have been inconsistent, but I still don't us falling complete apart.

Northman
12-01-2008, 12:46 AM
SD has a chance but im pretty confident they are done. Their body language and mentality is in a lot worse shape than ours. Buffalo is hardly the BEAST they appeared to be early in the season. I think we go into this game with KC KNOWING that they caught us with our pants down, so i think we win this week. Carolina is tough, no doubt but if we beat KC and Buffalo like i think we will then SD will have nothing left come the last game of the season. IF they can win some games themselves which is a stretch at this point. Im actually pretty confident right now.

sneakers
12-01-2008, 12:58 AM
What happens if we both finish 8-8, and split the season series?

BroncoWave
12-01-2008, 12:59 AM
It's over. :coffee:

frauschieze
12-01-2008, 01:03 AM
What happens if we both finish 8-8, and split the season series?

Tiebreaker goes to Division record. Chargers beat KC and Oakland once already and we lost to them both, so Chargers would go to the playoffs.

LoyalSoldier
12-01-2008, 01:06 AM
Our magic number is 2. Any two games will seal the division no questions asked. Or if we win at SD the division will be ours no matter what. Also a Denver win and a SD loss will clinch the division.

It isn't over, but we are in very good position.

Magnificent Seven
12-01-2008, 01:12 AM

Just win all 4 games.

PatricktheDookie
12-01-2008, 03:14 AM
Don't look at the entire schedule. Just piece it together a little bit at a time.

Chances the Chargers beat Oakland and KC?
Pretty good.

Chances the Broncos drop one of the next two games (including an away game at 9-3 Carolina)?
Fair.

Thereby, there's a reasonable chance that we go into week 16 needing a win or we potentially face a do-or-die game in San Diego.

Far from over.

Northman
12-01-2008, 03:27 AM
Our magic number is 2. Any two games will seal the division no questions asked. Or if we win at SD the division will be ours no matter what. Also a Denver win and a SD loss will clinch the division.

It isn't over, but we are in very good position.

Yep, im not worried at all. SD has done nothing to make me believe they will win out.

fcspikeit
12-01-2008, 03:49 AM
For Chargers to have any chance of winning the division they have to run the table and at that it only would put them at .500. I don't see them do that considering they still have to go to Tampa Bay the week before they face us.

There is a better then fair chance chucky will be sitting his starters for that one.. UNless they really have something to play for.

I can really see them winning out. We have a much harder schedule left then they do. If we win we're in. If we lose all 4 we don't deserve to go...

IMO, we have as good a chance of moving up to the 2nd or 3rd seed then we do of missing the playoffs. All I can say is that we better not be over looking anyone! We better go into each game like it's a must win. I don't know about you but a 5 game winning streak going into the playoffs sounds great :D Especially beings we will have to beat a couple more playoffs teams to do that..

LoyalSoldier
12-01-2008, 04:16 AM
Don't look at the entire schedule. Just piece it together a little bit at a time.

Chances the Chargers beat Oakland and KC?
Pretty good.

Chances the Broncos drop one of the next two games (including an away game at 9-3 Carolina)?
Fair.

Thereby, there's a reasonable chance that we go into week 16 needing a win or we potentially face a do-or-die game in San Diego.

Far from over.

We have to lose 3 out of 4 and the Chargers have to win out in order for us to blow the division lead.

LoyalSoldier
12-01-2008, 04:25 AM
There is a better then fair chance chucky will be sitting his starters for that one.. UNless they really have something to play for.

They are far from winning their own division. They are dead locked with Car.

LRtagger
12-01-2008, 09:43 AM

SD doesnt have to drop two. We only have to win two regardless of what SD does. Even if they win out, all we have to do is beat KC and Buffalo or Carolina.

Not saying they couldnt come back and win it, but I would much rather be in our shoes than theirs.

Bronco Bible
12-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Just win all 4 games.

This is the way to win the west:salute:

BroncoJoe
12-01-2008, 09:50 AM
This seemed appropriate for this thread:

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — What do the New York Giants (11-1), the Tennessee Titans (11-1), the Arizona Cardinals (7-5) and the Denver Broncos (7-5) have in common?

They are the four most dominant division leaders in the NFL.

What?

That's completely preposterous, absolutely ludicrous, utterly ridiculous.

But true.

The Broncos, the Cardinals, the Giants and the Titans are ahead in each of their divisions by three games with four left. The Broncos could clinch a division title as soon as the powerful Giants and Titans — and FedEx their game to San Diego.

The Broncos lost to the Oakland Raiders at home 31-10 a Sunday ago.

The Broncos won over the New York Jets on the road 34-17 Sunday.

And the Chargers choked again — for the fifth time in six games.

On a cold and rainy night outside in New Jersey, the Broncos were all warm and fuzzy inside. They froze the hottest team in the AFC.

For only the third game this season, the Broncos held an opponent to 17 points or fewer. And when Dre Bly and Marquand Manuel were hurt in the second half, the Broncos achieved the feat with not one of the seven defensive starters from the opening game at linebacker or in the secondary.

Brett Favre managed only two touchdowns against Patchwork Orange, a defense superior on Nov. 30 to Gang Green.

"I don't want to take anything away from the Broncos," Jets coach Eric Mangini said, "but . . . ."

But nothing.

It was hinted at that the Broncos faked a half-dozen injuries to slow down the Jets' no-huddle offense. Sure, the Broncos wanted to be playing walk-ons instead of their fourth-stringers already playing. Mike Shan- ahan is not quite that type of a coach.

But Shanahan did say matter-of- factly before the season that the Broncos would be in the playoffs.

It didn't seem so feasible when the Broncos lost three of four and had a 4-4 record, or when they lost three straight home games, or when they lost three starting linebackers, three running backs and Champ Bailey, who plays like three cornerbacks.
"We've been unpredictable all year," Shanahan said after the win at Whatever Stadium, which is what it must be called when the Giants aren't here, in front of a cozy gathering at kickoff that matched the cozy gathering remaining in the fourth quarter in Denver the Sunday prior. No-shows and no-stays.

"Hopefully," Shanahan continued, "we can get a little more predictable and play like we did today."

If the Broncos play like this Sunday against Kansas City and the Chargers play like they have against the Raiders (who could tie for second in the division with a victory), the Broncos could win the division by Dec. 14 and cruise to the finish with their fourth division title in the Shanahan reign (1996, 1998 and 2005). In those years, though, the Broncos won 13, 14 and 13.

Yet, the Broncos would get a home game against a wild-card team — possibly New England or Miami (teams they've fallen to this season) or Baltimore or Indianapolis (teams they've lost to in the playoffs this decade).

Win out and they'll be 11-5, my preseason prediction. Lose out, and they will be below .500. If the Broncos win two, the Chargers (4-8) definitely will be shut out of the playoffs. Win one, and that game in San Diego will be significant. The division-common opponents-conference records tiebreakers would basically be even (based on results until now). Winner take all.

The Broncos don't want any part of San Diego on Dec. 28. The theme in SoCal will be: "Remember Sept. 14."
In the final month of Sundays, the Broncos have to remember Nov. 30, when they played their best overall game against a quality adversary in the worst conditions.

As goes Jay Cutler, so go the Broncos, we know. But as goes Vernon Fox — Vernon Fox? — and the other backup wolves and coyotes and Woodyards and Winborns, so goes the defense.

And the Fortunate Sons did get a few more lucky breaks and officials' calls, and they did get 101 more total yards. The Jets have a two-game advantage, and other teams are one up or tied for first.

On Dec. 1, there are four Goliaths as division leaders:

The New York Giants.

The Tennessee Titans.

The Arizona Big Birds.

The Denver Brobdingnagians.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11109582

LRtagger
12-01-2008, 09:54 AM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-915/Chargers-can-t-stand-to--scoreboard--watch.html

Chargers can't stand to (scoreboard) watch

November 30, 2008 11:11 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

SAN DIEGO -- The scoreboard operators here were afraid to show the score of the Denver Broncos' game against the New York Jets on Sunday.

Could there be a greater symbol of the disaster that has become the 2008 San Diego Chargers?

This was supposed to be a Super Bowl team. This was some supposed to be the culmination of years of knocking on the door and of compiling perhaps the deepest roster in the NFL. The Chargers won a combined 25 games in the past two regular seasons. They went to the AFC title game last season.

This was supposed to be a season-long celebration.

Sunday, though, in the 12th game of the season, there was no celebration for the Chargers and their beleaguered coach Norv Turner. The Chargers were running scared all day long. They wanted to escape reality. They wanted to escape the fact that Denver, a team that won a total of 16 games the past two seasons and has put 12 players on the injured reserve this season, is running away with the division.

Every NFL score but one was on the scoreboard throughout the Chargers' game against Atlanta. The Chargers never showed the Denver score. Perhaps they didn't want the fans, who continued their recent trend of booing the home team loudly, to know that Denver was laying it on the favored Jets in New Jersey. Perhaps the scoreboard operator didn't want the team itself to see the cold, hard facts.

"I noticed that it wasn't up there," Chargers safety Eric Weddle said. "Maybe they didn't want us to think about it."

When Weddle was informed that Denver beat the Jets 34-17, he had an incredulous look on his face. Then he shook his head. After San Diego's 22-16 loss to Atlanta on Sunday, what else can the team do other than shake its head?

San Diego, which has lost five of its past six games, is 4-8 heading into a Thursday night home game against Oakland. The best the Chargers can finish is 8-8. They trail the 7-5 Broncos by three games with four games to go.

If Denver wins two of its final four games it will win its first AFC West title in three years and fulfill coach Mike Shanahan's preseason prediction that the team would make the playoffs.

"I'm kind of at a loss for words right now," San Diego tight end Antonio Gates said. "That was not San Diego Chargers football. ... This one hurts."

jrelway
12-01-2008, 10:48 AM
all i can say to that article is HAH HAH.

NightTrainLayne
12-01-2008, 10:53 AM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-915/Chargers-can-t-stand-to--scoreboard--watch.html

Ha Ha!

I'm glad they didn't show the score. . .who knows? Had they shown it, would SD have had enough grit to put another TD on Atlanta? Maybe, maybe not, but I'm glad they didn't have any motivation.

LRtagger
12-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Ha Ha!

I'm glad they didn't show the score. . .who knows? Had they shown it, would SD have had enough grit to put another TD on Atlanta? Maybe, maybe not, but I'm glad they didn't have any motivation.

According to what I read about the game (didnt actually watch it), Atlanta dominated the entire game. The two TDs SD scored were given to them on fumbles inside SD's own 20.

I checked out the stats, and it appears Atlanta did indeed dominate. The only way SD could have won is if Atlanta gave them the ball a last time in their own redzone.

Northman
12-01-2008, 11:07 AM
When Weddle was informed that Denver beat the Jets 34-17, he had an incredulous look on his face.

Hhahahahahahahahahahaha! oh my! Thats great!

Shazam!
12-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Just think about winning the Kansas City game. One Sunday at a time from here on out.

EastCoastBronco
12-01-2008, 11:09 AM

Just not in the game that they were playing said opponents...Hence the shitty record.
Ernie from Sesame Street laughing....

jrelway
12-01-2008, 11:21 AM
pretty funny to see the chargers imploding. After all that trash talking rivers did last year in sandiego. he reminded me of ryan queef yesterday when he was mouthing off to the refs. thank you football gods.

MileHighWrath
12-01-2008, 11:33 AM
mathematically possible, realistically improbable.

sandy eggo is playing like crap and it's not like every game they have played for the last few weeks hasn't been important to their post season aspirations. They have NEEDED a win in every one of their last 3 games and have lost ALL 3! Sure the opponents have been quality teams; Pitt, Indy, ATL, but all 3 were definitely beatable. They just couldn't do it.

The Broncos problems are tied (not exclusively) to their youth and inexperience which is why they lose to piece of crap teams (KC, Oak) and beat teams like the Jets, Saints, Buccs and ATL. The likelihood that a team that has simply not been able to pull itself together consistently for 12 weeks can somehow do so in the last few weeks is fantastical. Both KC and oak are playing for pride and a win over SD would be feathers in their cap. I look for SD to go 1-1 in those games. Follow that with a loss to a Buccs team that's better than SD and fighting for a division title and this thing is over.

Broncos revenge game against the lowly chefs erases what might have been a trap game and playing Car on the road is a huge benefit (see the Jets game). This thing might be over before game 15 when a struggling bills team comes to Mile High.

Since I am going to the SD game I would prefer it mean everything, but I'm not holding my breath. My gut tells me that game will mean nothing and the seats will be filled with Broncos fans like the good old days when the bolts "fans" didn't know they had an NFL franchise, just a few years ago.

BigDaddyBronco
12-01-2008, 11:41 AM
I think we beat KC, lose to Carolina, then have a good shot to either beat Buffalo or San Diego to end up 9-7 or maybe 10-6.

Chargers should beat Oak and KC, but then they will get beat by Tampa Bay and maybe us and end up 7-9 or 6-10.

San Diego isn't mathematically out of it, but I feel a lot better after beating the Jets and having them lose.

Jaws
12-01-2008, 12:10 PM
In the bag - no.
Far from over - overstating it a bit.
Not quite won - more like it.

Medford Bronco
12-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Chargers are not winning out. Best they do is 7-9.
They have threw up all over themselves all season long and dont
deserve the playoffs.

Mike
12-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Chargers are not winning out. Best they do is 7-9.
They have threw up all over themselves all season long and dont
deserve the playoffs.

It's all Hochuli's fault.

Day1BroncoFan
12-01-2008, 12:19 PM
The funny thing about it is that the winner of this division could end up with a 7-9 record.

The way I see it is sany egg will lose at least one of their next three games and we will win at least one of our next three... game over.

Thnikkaman
12-01-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm just going to enjoy watching the end of the season. After watching the last 3 games, I can't predict anything about this team. I can only hope.

BroncoJoe
12-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Regardless of what LaDanian says, the Chargers have given up. They have ZERO heart.

Northman
12-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Regardless of what LaDanian says, the Chargers have given up. They have ZERO heart.

I think LT wants to be a Bronco next year, i feel it. :D

NightTrainLayne
12-01-2008, 12:30 PM

Hillis already has the job. :lol:

Day1BroncoFan
12-01-2008, 12:30 PM

So LT is a wannabe... figures.

BroncoJoe
12-01-2008, 12:31 PM

flame away at me for this, but I wouldn't want him and his crappy attitude anywhere near our youngsters.

Northman
12-01-2008, 12:37 PM
flame away at me for this, but I wouldn't want him and his crappy attitude anywhere near our youngsters.

He does have a bad attitude right now but lets be honest here. The Chargers blew their opportunity with him. I can understand losing to better teams in the playoffs but there is no way in hades hell that they should be 4-8 this year. I can understand his frustration personally. But its his fault for believing that the powers that be in SD would get him to the promise land. Considering how guys like Champ, Lynch, and so on think Denver is a vacation resort i think LT would be quite content here. :lol:

BroncoWave
12-01-2008, 12:37 PM

Given the fact that we're about to have to break the bank for some of our youngsters whose contracts are coming up, I doubt we'd be able to afford him anyway.

jrelway
12-01-2008, 12:44 PM

:salute: geez, could you imagine this offense with LT in the backfield. i think LT's patience for rivers has gone with the wind. he's a fierce competitor that wants a championship, and he knows phyllis aint no jay cutler.

Medford Bronco
12-01-2008, 01:37 PM
It's all Hochuli's fault.

lol Ed Hocculi made them lose 5 games in the last minute (4 others besides the Bronco game) :lol:

that is sarcasm :salute: great post Mike

Flatinum
12-01-2008, 01:55 PM
1 more Bronco win and 1 more Dolts loss and it's mathematically over.

Our receptionst is not singing yet. But she will be soon.

MOtorboat
12-01-2008, 02:02 PM
1 more Bronco win and 1 more Dolts loss and it's mathematically over.

Our receptionst is not singing yet. But she will be soon.

So your receptionist is fat, eh?

LawDog
12-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Forget winning the division, that should not be the team's goal. Right now, they should be focusing each week on playing well and beating the team at hand. The goal for the team should be the 2 seed. Make a statement. Say "sure we had our troubles, but we have heart and talent and deserve to be here." Closing out the regular season by beating the dolts to finish up with a five game win streak is what I want for Christmas. Magic number be damned, put the hammer down. Leave it all on the field. Win, Win, then Win some more!

Flatinum
12-01-2008, 02:22 PM

That would be correct.

But if you asked her she'd say she's "big boned".

NightTrainLayne
12-01-2008, 04:00 PM
That would be correct.

But if you asked her she'd say she's "big boned".

Go ahead and PM MO your office number so he can giver her a call.

Thnikkaman
12-01-2008, 04:03 PM

Pics?

NorthernLights
12-01-2008, 06:03 PM
I don't know how to break it to you, but the divisional race is over. My beloved Bolts are done. So many different opinions on why or how or who is to blame, but the fact is the Bolts are not winning, period. They will continue to do poorly the rest of the year and I'm not sure they will win another game.

Congrats to the Broncos and to you as fans. The best team has been able to overcome adversity, while the others simply couldn't measure up. I was looking forward to the last game of the year, but it no longer holds it's luster. The seeds will have long been decided and I don't imagine the Broncos will be playing the stars. That is unfortunate because I truly wanted to come back here and trade barbs, but it looks like I will only be able to bring a nerf to that battle.

Enjoy the playoffs and if the defense continues to improve, you can look forward to success. Later.

Day1BroncoFan
12-01-2008, 06:09 PM
I don't know how to break it to you, but the divisional race is over. My beloved Bolts are done. So many different opinions on why or how or who is to blame, but the fact is the Bolts are not winning, period. They will continue to do poorly the rest of the year and I'm not sure they will win another game.

Congrats to the Broncos and to you as fans. The best team has been able to overcome adversity, while the others simply couldn't measure up. I was looking forward to the last game of the year, but it no longer holds it's luster. The seeds will have long been decided and I don't imagine the Broncos will be playing the stars. That is unfortunate because I truly wanted to come back here and trade barbs, but it looks like I will only be able to bring a nerf to that battle.

Enjoy the playoffs and if the defense continues to improve, you can look forward to success. Later.

Thanks for the words of encouragment but I'll wait until it's official to celebrate. :D

Don't want to be caught with my pants down.

shank
12-01-2008, 06:10 PM

not since "the incident."

Northman
12-01-2008, 06:11 PM

Sorry, we dont want any of that reverse mojo here buddy. Take that shit elsewhere. :lol::D

Day1BroncoFan
12-01-2008, 06:11 PM
not since "the incident."

So you were there?

shank
12-01-2008, 06:12 PM
So you were there?

no, but i knew a girl whose brother's aunt saw the video

NorthernLights
12-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragment but I'll wait until it's official to celebrate. :D

I've been caught with my pants down too, and while at times it can be fun, it also makes it difficult to run away. :beer:

MOtorboat
12-01-2008, 06:15 PM

Was she dead in seven days?

NorthernLights
12-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Sorry, we dont want any of that reverse mojo here buddy. Take that shit elsewhere. :lol::D

Sorry, but Dr. Evil (Norv) stole all the Bolts mojo, forward or reverse, so no worries.

shank
12-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Was she dead in seven days?

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j73/shawshank24/ue_noah_face1copy.jpg

Day1BroncoFan
12-01-2008, 06:21 PM

If she only looked at the internet version she missed out.

BCJ
12-02-2008, 01:38 AM
Chargers are finished, done, complete. We could screw up some more this year and we still will be ok based on the fact that the other 3 teams sucks a whole lot more than us. We actually do things impressive. Sure we suck out loud against the worst but one more win should finish it. Chargers need to win all 4 of thier games and what makes you think they can accomplish that after winning just one of the last 5? Put a fork in them as their fans and players already have so why not you?

Shazam!
12-02-2008, 02:38 AM
On Thursday, go Ray... Uhh, nothing.

BroncoWave
12-02-2008, 11:20 AM
On Thursday, go Ray... Uhh, nothing.

Hell I don't have a problem saying it, Go Raiders! I'll root for anyone if it helps the Broncos!

BroncoJoe
12-02-2008, 11:22 AM
On Thursday, I'm going to dress like this:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0810/nfl.fans.week4/images/ophd-11828-mid.jpg

turftoad
12-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Chargers are finished, done, complete. We could screw up some more this year and we still will be ok based on the fact that the other 3 teams sucks a whole lot more than us. We actually do things impressive. Sure we suck out loud against the worst but one more win should finish it. Chargers need to win all 4 of thier games and what makes you think they can accomplish that after winning just one of the last 5? Put a fork in them as their fans and players already have so why not you?

The other three teams suck a whole lot more than the Chargers?? :confused:

I don't think so. :tsk:

LRtagger
12-02-2008, 11:32 AM

It took me reading it a few times to get it, but by "we" he means the Broncos.

His avatar always throws me off, too.

sacmar
12-02-2008, 11:34 AM
..the race is far from over, it's entirely possible our lead could get bigger.

BroncoJoe
12-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Chargers are done. Stick a fork in 'em.

turftoad
12-02-2008, 11:38 AM
It took me reading it a few times to get it, but by "we" he means the Broncos.

His avatar always throws me off, too.

Oh........... Gotcha.

broncofaninfla
12-02-2008, 11:57 AM
It isn't over yet but the fat lady is tuning and getting ready to hit the stage

MileHighWrath
12-02-2008, 12:15 PM
On Thursday, I'm going to dress like this:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0810/nfl.fans.week4/images/ophd-11828-mid.jpg

An S&M homo on the prowl?

And here I thought you loved your wife!

SQUEEL!

BCJ
12-02-2008, 04:24 PM

let get this squared away. A crying charger avatar and BCJ with the B standing for Bronco. U got a Hi Five for being confused.

LoyalSoldier
12-02-2008, 05:27 PM
Hell I don't have a problem saying it, Go Raiders! I'll root for anyone if it helps the Broncos!
I always look at it this way. I am not cheering for the Raiders to win, I am cheering for the Chargers to lose. ;)

Superchop 7
12-02-2008, 05:37 PM
umm.....errrr......yeah, it is.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-02-2008, 05:40 PM
it's not over and the arrogance displayed by some angers me greatly.

Day1BroncoFan
12-02-2008, 05:43 PM
It may be the fourth quarter and we have a commanding lead but it ain't over yet.

Hobe
12-02-2008, 06:40 PM
SAN DIEGO -- The scoreboard operators here were afraid to show the score of the Denver Broncos' game against the New York Jets on Sunday.

Sounds like the scoreboard operaters think it over. ;)

That been said, I hope the team is only thinking about stepping on KC's neck! I beat KC would just love to ruin our day.

BCJ
12-03-2008, 03:39 PM
it's not over and the arrogance displayed by some angers me greatly.

another fan that thinks what the fans opinion makes a damn of a difference on the field. Look to the players for arrogance or no arrogance. It is just like someone stating that a person is innocent until proven guilty. If I am saying it outside of a jury box, my opinion of guilt can be expressed.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-03-2008, 07:37 PM
get back to me when you choose to make any sense. Thanx in advance.

BCJ
12-05-2008, 07:06 AM
get back to me when you choose to make any sense. Thanx in advance.

you are angry by posters being arrogant. Arrogant of thinking we have the division won. Premature? Maybe. But to be angry is a little harsh. Chargers winning tonight put the total celebration on hold but we win one game in the next three and they need to win the next two just have a shot for the 28th meeting heads up. This Broncos team is scary but SD is more scary so i will be arrogant and call it. Am i getting non refundable flight to Denver for the first week? Not that arrogant! But we beat KC and i am checking prices and booking.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-05-2008, 05:12 PM
I get angry over anyone being arrogant...posters or otherwise. Your response to my post had nothing to do with my feelings about arrogance and and everything to do w/ your incorrect assumption that I think these people are jinxing the team.

rcsodak
12-06-2008, 01:18 PM

I can really see them winning out. We have a much harder schedule left then they do. If we win we're in. If we lose all 4 we don't deserve to go...

IMO, we have as good a chance of moving up to the 2nd or 3rd seed then we do of missing the playoffs. All I can say is that we better not be over looking anyone! We better go into each game like it's a must win. I don't know about you but a 5 game winning streak going into the playoffs sounds great :D Especially beings we will have to beat a couple more playoffs teams to do that..

"chucky" has been quoted as saying if they are in the drivers seat for the division, he's still playing his starters. Heard it on Sirrius.

PatricktheDookie
12-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Bump.

Looks like it comes down to one game against Buffalo, or the ball is in the Chargers' court.

Not so crazy now, am I?

Nomad
12-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Bump.

Looks like it comes down to one game against Buffalo, or the ball is in the Chargers' court.

Not so crazy now, am I?

You're looking like a guru, Dookie!;)

Northman
12-14-2008, 06:44 PM
No, he isnt a Guru. Today has played out like most people thought it would. Carolina is the better team and SD SHOULD of beat KC anyway. Next week is where its going to matter the most.

PatricktheDookie
12-14-2008, 06:45 PM
I am a guru, imo.

Northman
12-14-2008, 06:48 PM
I am a guru, imo.

They often say people are legends in their own mind.

Thnikkaman
12-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Hindsight is always 20/20.

PatricktheDookie
12-14-2008, 06:53 PM
They often say people are legends in their own mind.

Make that a legendary guru.

Nomad
12-14-2008, 06:56 PM
I am a guru, imo.

I've been knowing you awhile from BM! Just kidding around!:D

Lonestar
12-14-2008, 07:04 PM
No, he isnt a Guru. Today has played out like most people thought it would. Carolina is the better team and SD SHOULD of beat KC anyway. Next week is where its going to matter the most.

And we are playing a home game so it could be a toss up with any lesser team coming to town..

I'm sorry but I did not see alot of passion out there in the late 2nd through 4th quarters.. YO-YO team.. must have been walking the dog today..

Northman
12-14-2008, 07:09 PM
And we are playing a home game so it could be a toss up with any lesser team coming to town..

Yea, we will be playing a home game after a loss which in some ways is good. We faced a lot of pressure last week against KC ourselves. And now, in order for Tampa to keep their Playoff hopes alive they have to beat SD which i fully expect.

jrelway
12-14-2008, 07:41 PM
buffalo catches us slipping with a couple of cutler turnovers and maybe a fumble or 2. we lose next week. if SD wins next week and we have to end up playing them in SD, were facked.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-14-2008, 07:51 PM
We're no worse off than we were 2 days ago. I expected a L in Carolina and we all expected SD to beat KC. As much as it sucks HOW it went down, nothing has changed. Like I said last week, we BETTER beat Buffalo. PERIOD.

KCL
12-14-2008, 08:46 PM
IMO SD isn't that good...better than KC, but they only won by 1 point in each game...plus IMO KC beat themselves in both games.

Devilspawn
12-14-2008, 08:57 PM
IMO SD isn't that good...better than KC, but they only won by 1 point in each game...plus IMO KC beat themselves in both games.
KC traditionally plays the West well, regardless of how good and bad any of the teams are. They match up well with KC.

Anyways, Buffalo can win in Denver, but it's highly unlikely SD wins at Tampa. If they do, Diego wins the division and is the first to three-peat since you know who.

KCL
12-14-2008, 09:01 PM
KC traditionally plays the West well, regardless of how good and bad any of the teams are. They match up well with KC.

Anyways, Buffalo can win in Denver, but it's highly unlikely SD wins at Tampa. If they do, Diego wins the division and is the first to three-peat since you know who.

Bittersweet huh DS??? :lol:

honz
12-14-2008, 09:04 PM

I don't often feel sorry for Chef fans, but I do today. No fan deserves to have a team choke a game away like that. In all seriousness, I offer my condolences to all Chef fans.

That said, the Chiefs still suck. :D

CrazyHorse
12-14-2008, 09:14 PM
I figure both us and the Chargers have 3 games between us and both teams have a 50/50 chance in each game. Since all three games must fall in the Chargers favor I figure the odds they win the division is 1/2 ^3 = 1/8 or 12.5%! I really like our chances.

TXBRONC
Bump.

Not so crazy now, am I?

This playing out the way everyone expected. Nest week we have the Bills at home and the Chargers are at Tampa Bay. What applied today applies to next week as well. They have to win or it's over for them.

KCL
I don't often feel sorry for Chef fans, but I do today. No fan deserves to have a team choke a game away like that. In all seriousness, I offer my condolences to all Chef fans :D

OMG-Save it.....:rolleyes:

:lol:

Northman
12-14-2008, 09:21 PM

Oh, there's no doubt about that.

Medford Bronco
12-14-2008, 09:26 PM

DS I dont see Buff winning at Denver. They suck. JP Lossman is a turnover machine really. I will be pissed if they dont win that game.

tough loss KCL today. I am still shocked really

KCL
12-14-2008, 09:30 PM

I'm not.....:laugh:

PatricktheDookie
12-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Bowe made me cry. =(

KCL
12-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Bowe made me cry. =(

I bet he made himself cry.

EastCoastBronco
12-14-2008, 09:50 PM
DS I dont see Buff winning at Denver. They suck. JP Lossman is a turnover machine really. I will be pissed if they dont win that game.

What are you basing that on? They damn near beat the Jets today. Marshawn Lynch ran all over them. Losman played a solid game until the 4th..It was stupid play calling that killed them...The way we've been playing at home....it's a crap shoot really.

Italianmobstr7
12-14-2008, 09:59 PM
What are you basing that on? They damn near beat the Jets today. Marshawn Lynch ran all over them. Losman played a solid game until the 4th..It was stupid play calling that killed them...The way we've been playing at home....it's a crap shoot really.

Probably on the fact that we came out flat today, on the road and that we've been good at bouncing back this year. I don't think that we'll completely abandon the run this week. Pope should get the start and the majority of the carries. He didn't play too bad, just didn't get a lot of chances. Jay had a bad game, but he'll bounce back like usual. Also, the Bills don't have half the talent that the Panthers do. Also we'll hopefully FINALLY have Champ Back. Also, the Bills have not beat a team with a winning record at all this season!

Northman
12-14-2008, 10:02 PM

Actually, Losman does suck. But with that said Denver has struggled at home and could lose to Buffalo. The way i look at it, if Shanahan and the 2008 Denver Broncos cant get enough motivation or just flat out up for this next game they dont want it bad enough and that will tell me everything i need to know about the mentality of this team. People have said that its not Shanny's responsibility to get this team motivated. Well, if thats the case we need a new coach. I WANT a coach he cares, i WANT a coach who will help drive his team to want to win. Sure, i didnt expect it today. We were clearly outmatched but being at home you have to defend your own turf. Ive often said that if you win all your home games every year you have 8 wins on a season right off the bat. Considering all you need to enter the playoff picture is 10 wins that is a pretty good percentage. Denver has failed to establish home field dominance in quite while. Back to Buffalo, its going to come down to wants it more. Buffalo gave the Jets a fight because they are division rivals. Denver SHOULD want this game more because of what is at stake. If they come out flat they just dont want it and that relfects the attitude of the guy coaching the team. Ok, rant over. :lol:

Shazam!
12-14-2008, 11:10 PM
People have said that its not Shanny's responsibility to get this team motivated...

I have never heard or read anyone say that.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-14-2008, 11:27 PM
Buffalo could be scary, but they have been officially eliminated from playoff contention. I wonder if they even show up.

Medford Bronco
12-15-2008, 12:06 AM

Lossman sucks that is what I am basing it on. Lynch is good but we can move the ball on that team as the Jets did a lot of the day

I would be very disappointed if we dont take care of business at home in a very winnable game. If I am wrong I am wrong. I am just saying what I feel.

Northman
12-15-2008, 12:07 AM

I have, maybe not here but i have seen people state that.

Lonestar
12-15-2008, 01:16 AM

Yes but he was playing the Brett's which have a pretty decent team.. and they can actually take the ball away unlike US..

They also have M Lynch who is a load and a HUGE OLINE.. they average about 335 across the board.. ONE guy at 366..

They have nothing to play for and I repeat we are AT HOME against a punching bag.. Best reason NOT to bet on DEN..

Lonestar
12-15-2008, 01:19 AM

I have heard it also, something about them being PROS and thus do not need motivation..

But then there is also being prepared for a game.. and that is another story altogether..

Shazam!
12-15-2008, 01:25 AM
People have said that its not Shanny's responsibility to get this team motivated...

I am not sure who's responsibility it is then to get the players motivated if not Shanahan.

Lonestar
12-15-2008, 01:30 AM
I am not sure who's responsibility it is then to get the players motivated if not Shanahan.

supposedly his icy stare and dog house are supposed to be enough..

While I always thought cowher from PIT was to much of a sideline cheerleader, I could stand to see a little of it in mikey..

Shazam!
12-15-2008, 01:34 AM
Cowher and Parcells were the ultimate practice workhorses and motivators.

Anyone see Chad Pennington on the Miami sideline today? He was firing guys up. He was turning purple from screaming for Christ's sake. I really like Chad. That guy alone can be motivation.

I hope he burns the Bretts in the Sunday night finale. They deserve it. They'd be in the same position now with Pennington. The guy doesn't have the biggest arm but he is a leader and just a nice guy. I'd take him over a bunch of QBs anyday.

EastCoastBronco
12-15-2008, 09:28 AM
Buffalo could be scary, but they have been officially eliminated from playoff contention. I wonder if they even show up.

A team with nothing to lose is the scariest opponent of all. All the tricks come out of the bag.

Nomad
12-15-2008, 09:58 AM
A team with nothing to lose is the scariest opponent of all. All the tricks come out of the bag.

Plus the Buffalo coach's (forgot his name) job is hanging by a thread! He needs to win the next 2 games also Buffalo always plays Denver tough! I believe the BRONCOS will win!

SmilinAssasSin27
12-15-2008, 10:05 AM
They lost to San Fran AT HOME. They were able to get up a bit for an overrated rival, but they are pretty bad right now. Now we can lose this game, because we are nothing if not inconsistent, but if we do we don't deserve the postseason...not that we really do anyways.

MOtorboat
12-15-2008, 10:10 AM
They lost to San Fran AT HOME. They were able to get up a bit for an overrated rival, but they are pretty bad right now. Now we can lose this game, because we are nothing if not inconsistent, but if we do we don't deserve the postseason...not that we really do anyways.

So its lining right up for Denver to lay an egg...

SmilinAssasSin27
12-15-2008, 10:12 AM
So its lining right up for Denver to lay an egg...

my point exactly

Flatinum
12-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Plus the Buffalo coach's (forgot his name) job is hanging by a thread! He needs to win the next 2 games also Buffalo always plays Denver tough! I believe the BRONCOS will win!

The Bills are a mess, their head coach is lost out there. Every game there are more than a few head scratching calls Dick is making. They're limited throwing the ball and for some reason haven't been using Lynch as much as they should. Been happening for the last 8 games why would it change on Sunday.

That being said, could the Broncos lay an egg - sure. But if they do this team is far from a playoff contender let alone a SB contender.

Broncos 27 Bills 17

Not going to matter though because just before kick off they know that the Dolts lost to the Bucs.

jrelway
12-15-2008, 11:39 AM
you have to remember though, they still have marshawn lynch running the ball. He ran it pretty good against a good Jets run D. Cant forget about Lee Evans either. Hes been doubled teamed all year long which frees up the run for them.

Lonestar
12-15-2008, 11:58 AM
you have to remember though, they still have marshawn lynch running the ball. He ran it pretty good against a good Jets run D. Cant forget about Lee Evans either. Hes been doubled teamed all year long which frees up the run for them.

Lynch is running behind the biggest OLINE in the NFL.. average 335 much heavier than out smallish DL folks one of their guards is 366..

and as you said lee Evans is a hell of a WR..

And last but not least we are at home and we have for the most part sucked there..

Northman
12-15-2008, 12:02 PM
supposedly his icy stare and dog house are supposed to be enough..

While I always thought cowher from PIT was to much of a sideline cheerleader, I could stand to see a little of it in mikey..

Oh hell yea, even his replacement gets into it on the sideline. Show some enthusiasm for crying out loud. This ho-hum attitude is ridiculous.

Northman
12-15-2008, 12:04 PM

On the flipside Denver ran the ball on the Jets too.

jrelway
12-15-2008, 12:10 PM
very true. i think the jets were predicting us to pass all over em. i miss hillis.

Day1BroncoFan
12-15-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm glad some of you have confidence that we can win the division. I don't have that confidence. This team has shown me only one thing so far this year and that is that they can't get it done.

At this point the division could go either way. I want us to win don't get me wrong, I just don't expect it. What I'm hoping for at this point is that we win the division before we go to sandy eggo. Even if we win the division by beating them they will still say "if it weren't for the bad call..." and so on.

For the purpose of bragging rights, we need to win the division by beating the bills, not by sandy eggo losing to tampa.

I don't expect us to do much of anything in the playoffs should we go there. It would be nice to have the division. I don't want to listen to sandy eggo fans blowing their horns all year about how we melted down... again.

Northman
12-15-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm glad some of you have confidence that we can win the division. I don't have that confidence. This team has shown me only one thing so far this year and that is that they can't get it done.

At this point the division could go either way. I want us to win don't get me wrong, I just don't expect it. What I'm hoping for at this point is that we win the division before we go to sandy eggo. Even if we win the division by beating them they will still say "if it weren't for the bad call..." and so on.

For the purpose of bragging rights, we need to win the division by beating the bills, not by sandy eggo losing to tampa.

I don't expect us to do much of anything in the playoffs should we go there. It would be nice to have the division. I don't want to listen to sandy eggo fans blowing their horns all year about how we melted down... again.

No one deserves this division so its basically a wash. SD was very lucky yesterday but so were we in week 2. Sometimes you just need a little luck. But, if SD loses to Tampa i wont feel bad about it and if we beat Buffalo i wont feel bad about it. At this point, for me its more about keeping SD out than it is about us doing any REAL damage in the playoffs. The experience would be good for this club to make the playoffs. But, Shanahan guarateed the playoffs so it will be interesting to see if he can put his money where his mouth is.

NightTrainLayne
12-15-2008, 12:36 PM
If San Diego loses to TB they are assured of a losing record.

If they have a losing record, then it will be hard for them to argue that they deserve to win the division.

It doesn't matter how we win it, we deserve it. The whole season counts.

sanluis
12-15-2008, 12:46 PM
The condition of our division is really sad this year. :tsk:

My Chargers don't really have much of a chance left. West coast teams are 1-17 in east coast games.

At least Tampa plays in warmer weather.:lol:

It would be very interesting to have that last game matter! That would add some good stuff going into the long long long off season IMO! :D

MOtorboat
12-15-2008, 12:47 PM
The condition of our division is really sad this year. :tsk:

My Chargers don't really have much of a chance left. West coast teams are 1-17 in east coast games.

At least Tampa plays in warmer weather.:lol:

It would be very interesting to have that last game matter! That would add some good stuff going into the long long long off season IMO! :D

I'm guessing you're not counting the Broncos in that, because Denver beat the Jets and the Falcons, at their place.

sanluis
12-15-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm guessing you're not counting the Broncos in that, because Denver beat the Jets and the Falcons, at their place.

You are correct. While Denver is very west they are not on the coast. :D

NightTrainLayne
12-15-2008, 12:53 PM

We're not a "West Coast" team. .. Colorado is not on the coast.

MOtorboat
12-15-2008, 12:54 PM
We're not a "West Coast" team. .. Colorado is not on the coast.

Oh, California hasn't fallen off yet?

My bad.

I thought maybe it was AFC West and NFC West teams...or something...

Flatinum
12-15-2008, 02:22 PM

You also have to remember they aren't using Lynch to his fullest. Jauron hasn't all year. Why will he start this weekend. It's one of the biggest complaints that fans and media in Buffalo have.

Also if I'm not mistaken it will probably be Loseman throwing the ball to Evans. Even if Edwards plays, he's looked horrible in the last few games he's played in.

Other than a few bottom feeders is there another team in the league you'd rather be facing at home with the playoffs on the line then the Bills?

broncofaninfla
12-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Other than a few bottom feeders is there another team in the league you'd rather be facing at home with the playoffs on the line then the Bills?

I agree, the Bills are 1-7 their last 8. We usually lay an egg when we play scrub teams but I bet we show up for this game.

Lonestar
12-15-2008, 02:50 PM
I agree, the Bills are 1-7 their last 8. We usually lay an egg when we play scrub teams but I bet we show up for this game.

the key is will they show up and play as good broncos or bad donkeys.. :laugh:

Medford Bronco
12-15-2008, 03:08 PM
the key is will they show up and play as good broncos or bad donkeys.. :laugh:

I still feel that Lossman is so putrid that I would be so pissed if we lost to them. He is garbage really. He choked that game at NYJ away basically all by himself.

Lynch scares me. The rest, not so much

Also I feel that Tampa beats the Chargers, fighting for their own playoff lives as well.

Flatinum
12-15-2008, 03:37 PM
The games this past weekend played out the way they should have, not neccessarily the way many on here hoped (inlcuding myself). The Broncos lost (although badly) to a better team on the road. KC had that game and it would have been a nice bonus to clinch the title before kick off. But SD winning shouldn't have surprised anyone.

But with a 3 game lead and 3 to play most here probably (a rightly so) circled next Sunday's games as the one's that will clinch us the division.

Denver beating a crappy Buffalo at home and SD losing to a very good Tampa team on the road. At least that's how I saw it.

topscribe
12-15-2008, 04:24 PM
Well, at least it's not this bad yet, I don't think:

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Goofies/execution.gif

-----

NorthernLights
12-15-2008, 05:31 PM
I understand the Broncos and the fans would prefer to not have this happen, but how much fun would it be to have it come down to the last game of the year with some meaning to it? Granted, I would be an absolute wreck, but man wouldn't that be a blast.

I've got some good news for all the Bronco fans out there; I am playing in the Championship game in my fantasy league next weekend and have Marshawn Lynch on my team. That means he is guaranteed to get about 45 yards and give me no points, and I'm not allowed to drop him either. You will benefit from my football jinx, so enjoy.

Northman
12-15-2008, 05:33 PM
I understand the Broncos and the fans would prefer to not have this happen, but how much fun would it be to have it come down to the last game of the year with some meaning to it? Granted, I would be an absolute wreck, but man wouldn't that be a blast.

Not really.

NorthernLights
12-15-2008, 05:44 PM
Not really.

Guess not.

MOtorboat
12-15-2008, 05:56 PM
TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical records, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs 1. Head-to-head (games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost- percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in common games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

OK, I've been trying to figure this out. Obviously, tiebreaker one doesn't work, because we'd each be 1-1.

Nevermind...I went to all the work to copy and paste that from Yahoo, and it only goes to tiebreaker No. 2, and the Broncos lose.

Lonestar
12-15-2008, 05:58 PM
I still feel that Lossman is so putrid that I would be so pissed if we lost to them. He is garbage really. He choked that game at NYJ away basically all by himself.

Lynch scares me. The rest, not so much

Also I feel that Tampa beats the Chargers, fighting for their own playoff lives as well.

Lossman I do not know much about other than he a great runner.. and they have a great OLINE..

Lynch scares me BIG time.. 8-9 in the box or not their feather weight on the OLINE outweighs any of our heavies on the DL..:laugh::laugh::laugh:

sanluis
12-15-2008, 06:22 PM

I've got some good news for all the Bronco fans out there; I am playing in the Championship game in my fantasy league next weekend and have Marshawn Lynch on my team. That means he is guaranteed to get about 45 yards and give me no points, and I'm not allowed to drop him either. You will benefit from my football jinx, so enjoy.

Oh great !! Now we have the Northernlights Jink to fight as well! :lol:

I am with you on the last game being meaningful. But you already knew that! :D

SmilinAssasSin27
12-16-2008, 09:49 AM
And apparently half of Tampa's team is sitting this one out...

Thnikkaman
12-16-2008, 09:57 AM
I could care less about what Tampa is going to do. We (Broncos) hold our fate in our hands. If we beat Buffalo, the last game is meaningless.

Mike
12-16-2008, 10:00 AM
And apparently half of Tampa's team is sitting this one out...

Injuries? :confused:

SmilinAssasSin27
12-16-2008, 10:16 AM
yep

Cugel
12-16-2008, 04:53 PM
If San Diego loses to TB they are assured of a losing record.

If they have a losing record, then it will be hard for them to argue that they deserve to win the division.

It doesn't matter how we win it, we deserve it. The whole season counts.

Obviously, if the Chargers lose, they're out. Denver could win the division with an 8-8 record after losing their last 4 games, so long as the Chargers lose next week or at home the final week.

The Chargers looked absolutely horrible against the Chiefs, who still managed to lose due to massive incompetence.

Does anybody think the Chargers would have a prayer in hell of winning a playoff game? They'd get beaten like an army mule.

Denver would certainly be likely to lose to either the Ravens or Colts but, San Diego has NO SHOT with their defense. None whatever.

I say that because any 1/2 decent team would have totally put them away after they were up 21-3. Even Denver.

Magnificent Seven
12-16-2008, 05:46 PM
The six postseason participants from each conference will be seeded as follows:

1. The division champion with the best record.
2. The division champion with the second-best record.
3. The division champion with the third-best record.
4. The division champion with the fourth-best record.
5. The Wild Card club with the best record.
6. The Wild Card club with the second-best record.

The following procedures will be used to break standings ties for postseason playoffs and to determine regular-season schedules.
NOTE: Tie games count as one-half win and one-half loss for both clubs.

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

Three or More Clubs
(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM OR AMONG DIVISION WINNERS
If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.
1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
4. Strength of victory.
5. Strength of schedule.
6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best net points in conference games.
9. Best net points in all games.
10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
11. Coin toss.

Three or More Clubs
(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)
1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
9. Best net points in conference games.
12. Coin toss

When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

OTHER TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURES
1. Only one club advances to the playoffs in any tie-breaking step. Remaining tied clubs revert to the first step of the applicable division or Wild-Card tie breakers. As an example, if two clubs remain tied in any tie-breaker step after all other clubs have been eliminated, the procedure reverts to step one of the two-club format to determine the winner. When one club wins the tie breaker, all other clubs revert to step 1 of the applicable two-club or three-club format.
2. In comparing division and conference records or records against common opponents among tied teams, the best won-lost-tied percentage is the deciding factor since teams may have played an unequal number of games.
3. To determine home-field priority among division titlists, apply Wild-Card tie breakers.
4. To determine home-field priority for Wild-Card qualifiers, apply division tie breakers (if teams are from the same division) or Wild-Card tie breakers (if teams are from different divisions).

TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURE FOR DRAFT
If two or more clubs are tied in the selection order, the strength-of-schedule tie breaker is applied, subject to the following exceptions for playoff clubs:

1. The Super Bowl winner is last and the Super Bowl loser next-to-last.
2. Any non-Super Bowl playoff club involved in a tie shall be assigned priority within its segment below that of non-playoff clubs and in the order that the playoff clubs exited from the playoffs. Thus, within a tied segment a playoff club that loses in the Wild-Card game will have priority over a playoff club that loses in the Divisional playoff game, which in turn will have priority over a club that loses in the Conference Championship game. If two tied clubs exited the playoffs in the same round, the tie is broken by strength of schedule.

If any ties cannot be broken by strength of schedule, the divisional or conference tie breakers, whichever are applicable, are applied. Any ties that still exist are broken by a coin flip.

broncophan
12-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Obviously, if the Chargers lose, they're out. Denver could win the division with an 8-8 record after losing their last 4 games, so long as the Chargers lose next week or at home the final week.

The Chargers looked absolutely horrible against the Chiefs, who still managed to lose due to massive incompetence.

Does anybody think the Chargers would have a prayer in hell of winning a playoff game? They'd get beaten like an army mule.

Denver would certainly be likely to lose to either the Ravens or Colts but, San Diego has NO SHOT with their defense. None whatever.

I say that because any 1/2 decent team would have totally put them away after they were up 21-3. Even Denver.

All I know is .....I'm not so sure we can beat Buffalo.......and I don't think we have a chance to win at SD.....I am a big Buc's fan this week
we looked pretty pathetic against the chiefs as well
if Rivers gets hot.....SD can win a playoff game
just like if Denver earns a playoff spot and Cutler is on......Denver can win a playoff game...

Go Broncos!!!!.......................and go Bucs.....................

MOtorboat
12-16-2008, 10:55 PM
The six postseason participants from each conference will be seeded as follows:

1. The division champion with the best record.
2. The division champion with the second-best record.
3. The division champion with the third-best record.
4. The division champion with the fourth-best record.
5. The Wild Card club with the best record.
6. The Wild Card club with the second-best record.

The following procedures will be used to break standings ties for postseason playoffs and to determine regular-season schedules.
NOTE: Tie games count as one-half win and one-half loss for both clubs.

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.

Three or More Clubs
(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM OR AMONG DIVISION WINNERS
If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.
1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
4. Strength of victory.
5. Strength of schedule.
6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best net points in conference games.
9. Best net points in all games.
10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
11. Coin toss.

Three or More Clubs
(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)
1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
9. Best net points in conference games.
12. Coin toss

When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

OTHER TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURES
1. Only one club advances to the playoffs in any tie-breaking step. Remaining tied clubs revert to the first step of the applicable division or Wild-Card tie breakers. As an example, if two clubs remain tied in any tie-breaker step after all other clubs have been eliminated, the procedure reverts to step one of the two-club format to determine the winner. When one club wins the tie breaker, all other clubs revert to step 1 of the applicable two-club or three-club format.
2. In comparing division and conference records or records against common opponents among tied teams, the best won-lost-tied percentage is the deciding factor since teams may have played an unequal number of games.
3. To determine home-field priority among division titlists, apply Wild-Card tie breakers.
4. To determine home-field priority for Wild-Card qualifiers, apply division tie breakers (if teams are from the same division) or Wild-Card tie breakers (if teams are from different divisions).

TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURE FOR DRAFT
If two or more clubs are tied in the selection order, the strength-of-schedule tie breaker is applied, subject to the following exceptions for playoff clubs:

1. The Super Bowl winner is last and the Super Bowl loser next-to-last.
2. Any non-Super Bowl playoff club involved in a tie shall be assigned priority within its segment below that of non-playoff clubs and in the order that the playoff clubs exited from the playoffs. Thus, within a tied segment a playoff club that loses in the Wild-Card game will have priority over a playoff club that loses in the Divisional playoff game, which in turn will have priority over a club that loses in the Conference Championship game. If two tied clubs exited the playoffs in the same round, the tie is broken by strength of schedule.

If any ties cannot be broken by strength of schedule, the divisional or conference tie breakers, whichever are applicable, are applied. Any ties that still exist are broken by a coin flip.

Did you actually read the thread, or do you just post blindly?

San Diego has a better Divisional record. If it comes down to Game 16, they are in. Hell, it was at the top of this page that I posted that.

Northman
12-17-2008, 06:32 AM

Actually, Midway through the second quarter of our first matchup Denver was up 21-3 on SD only to watch them close the gap to 10 by half. Denver then went on to only score 8 points in the second half. So despite SD's problems they have the same kind of shot that we do when it comes to any success in the postseason.

Fan in Exile
12-18-2008, 10:34 AM
I thought this was a great way to describe the Chargers play off chances: There's a thin branch clinging to the side of a cliff wall. From that branch hangs some string. Tied to one thread of that string is a strand of over-boiled linguini. Dangling from that linguini are the Chargers' playoff chances.

Found it here (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/walkthrough/2008/walkthrough-tiebreakers-blues)

jrelway
12-18-2008, 10:24 PM
its almost a guarantee that we're not going to stop the buffalo offense. i dont care if losman is the qb. all the half assed qbs looked good against us. marshawn is gonna have a good game. we're gonna have to put up points early and keep it at a big margin or we're screwed.

PatricktheDookie
12-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Yep. You should never doubt me.

Northman
12-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Whatever you say Charger Troll.

PatricktheDookie
12-21-2008, 07:02 PM
Charger troll?

Or Bronco fan who called it like it was while others were declaring us division champs.

Northman
12-21-2008, 07:03 PM
Nah, Charger Troll.

Kaylore
12-21-2008, 07:15 PM
I'll call it. Chargers are going to destroy us next week. Shanahan gets all the blame for this loss. He hired Slowik. His teams have faded late in the season. His players offseason training program does little but make them injured all year. This is all on Shanahan.

LRtagger
12-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Merry Christmas San Diego....we just handed you the division.

tomjonesrocks
12-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Actually, after we lose next week and the Chargers go to the playoffs, we will actually have a LATER pick then they do in the draft as well, won't we?

SmilinAssasSin27
12-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Uh... All we need is a win and a San Diego loss. Division race far from over my ass. We've got this in the bag, no question about it. The Chargers should already be looking into who their next head coach will be.

where ya been UA?

SmilinAssasSin27
12-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Actually, after we lose next week and the Chargers go to the playoffs, we will actually have a LATER pick then they do in the draft as well, won't we?

nope. If we have the same record, the playoff team will pick before the non-playoff teams THEN SOS will come into play. I also think they have the tougher SOS since they played Indy and Pitt while we played Jax and Clev...those games were our only 2 different opponents. Thus making our identical record look worse.

UnderArmour
12-21-2008, 07:29 PM
where ya been UA?

I'm right here. Last I checked, there is one game left.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-21-2008, 07:44 PM
I'm right here. Last I checked, there is one game left.

:salute:hahahaha...still as confident?