PDA

View Full Version : Draft a New Fullback

Dreadnought
11-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Peyton Hillis is THE MAN!

That guy hit a hole with authority and drive. This is the guy I've been waiting for. I'm guessing 50+ yard TD runs would be out of the question, but I'd be happy to hand him the tailback slot permanently, effective now.

slim
11-30-2008, 07:49 PM

That guy hit a hole with authority and drive. This is the guy I've been waiting for. I'm guessing 50+ yard TD runs would be out of the question, but I'd be happy to hand him the tailback slot permanently, effective now.

Can you say John Riggins?

Bronco Bible
11-30-2008, 07:50 PM

He has my vote!!!!!!!!!!!!:beer:

Requiem / The Dagda
11-30-2008, 08:00 PM
I can understand your enthusiasm, and I think Hillis could be a good NFL running back; but I don't think we should settle. Maybe with him we aren't settlin' -- but I'd rather see someone like Moreno get drafted so we can have two certified badasses in the backfield.

tripleoption
11-30-2008, 08:01 PM

I was thinking Mike Alstott :D

Bronco Bible
11-30-2008, 08:03 PM
I can understand your enthusiasm, and I think Hillis could be a good NFL running back; but I don't think we should settle. Maybe with him we aren't settlin' -- but I'd rather see someone like Moreno get drafted so we can have two certified badasses in the backfield.

What are Moreno's stat's HT,WT etc....

Superchop 7
11-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Why wait, Jehuu Caulcrick can get on the plane right now and come home. (Jets practice squad)

Yeah, Hillis is good.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-30-2008, 08:08 PM
What are Moreno's stat's HT,WT etc....

Knowshon Moreno is 5'11 and around 210 pounds; but has the frame to pack on more weight. Regardless of his "lower weight" he runs with authority and is absolutely punishing. He's a redshirt sophomore this year, only 21 years of age and is eligible for the NFL Draft.

In just two seasons of college ball, Moreno has 475 carries for 2,672 yards. (About 5.6 or so a carry!) On top of that, 30 touchdowns. The kid can catch the ball too and would be an absolutely wonderful receiving and check-down option out of the backfield. Forty-seven receptions for a near 600 yards. He averages over 12 yards a catch.

I like him a lot.

Rex
11-30-2008, 08:10 PM
Hey Dread, have another one of your expensive hard to find beers.

Put him back a FB, use him creatively....but lets not get crazy here.

ronmahony
11-30-2008, 08:16 PM

You're right, I'm from Arkansas, and sure do miss him around here. If he'd been healthy the last part of 06 we'd been playing for the NC, but he did run for a 65 yard TD against LSU last year, one of 4. Hogville.net has a thread every week about how he's doing. Denver is my new favorite team.

Dreadnought
11-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Hey Dread, have another one of your expensive hard to find beers.

Put him back a FB, use him creatively....but lets not get crazy here.

Well I've had 5 of those expensive high alcohol content beers, one for each TD plus one for the win, so I'm 3/4's baked already. I don't care either, because a win like this makes it worth it.

Seriously, I take your point, but I'd rather bring in real live safeties to replace these pitiful stiffs we have now.

We aren't a championship team yet - but sonn, ladies and gents, soon :beer:

sneakers
11-30-2008, 08:40 PM

Gotta love white halfbacks!

Rex
11-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Dread, do you smoke a pipe?

and also, now that your are almost tanked, are you going to go try to knock off a piece of ass from Mrs D?

Dreadnought
11-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Dread, do you smoke a pipe?

and also, now that your are almost tanked, are you going to go try to knock off a piece of ass from Mrs D?

No pipe, just cigarettes sadly - as far as a piece of Ass? I won't say...because it ain't refined.

Timmy!
11-30-2008, 08:52 PM
Dread, pass me a kick ass beer, but put Hillis back at FB.

I'm all about the guy the getting 5-7 carries a game, but he's not a feature back. Let him be the triple threat he is. He can run, block, and catch. He's simply not the home run threat we need. I love Hillis, he's a great player, but we need a true RB that can handle 15-20 carries per game. I want Hillis to be a key part of our offense for years to come, but he isn't the answer at RB. Let him be the John Riggins/Mike Alstott type FB that is so hard to find.

Magnificent Seven
11-30-2008, 08:53 PM

Or Tom Rathman?

Rex
11-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Or Tom Rathman?

You mean, a Fullback?:shocked:

lex
11-30-2008, 08:54 PM
I agree with Dread on this one. The guy looks like he could be the grinder everyone seems to want out of someone like Shonn Greene. And I dont think the Riggins comparisons are ridiculous. But the Redskins even had a Joe Washington to give the offense some extra explosiveness. We should still look at getting a back but Hillis gives us some flexibility to draft someone like Spiller or Murray.

Magnificent Seven
11-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Hillis can play runningback and fullback

Magnificent Seven
11-30-2008, 08:55 PM
However, it would look awesome if they put Larsen as fullback and block for Hillis.

Rex
11-30-2008, 08:56 PM
However, it would look awesome if they put Larsen as fullback and block for Hillis.

Like the Harvard backfield.

or Yale.

tubby
11-30-2008, 09:00 PM

or Yale.

So racist

Rex
11-30-2008, 09:01 PM
So racist

word.

BeefStew25
11-30-2008, 09:02 PM
So racist

No, you just need Myron Rolle at safety.

horsepig
I say give Hillisd the rock. We haven't seen a bull like this since TD. The guy is a gamer, responds to big situations. I'm not saying we don't need a "change of pace" guy, but we already have some pretty interesting guys on the roster like Hall and )hopefully_ Torain.

Rex

Wicked smart.

tubby
11-30-2008, 09:04 PM

Sean Considine

Rex
11-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Sean Considine

Did he got to Dordt?

horsepig
11-30-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm juiced about the young guys. Youth is the new movement in the NFL, look at the Pack, the GMen came out of nowhere.

tubby
11-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Did he got to Dordt?

Hawkeye

BroncoNut
11-30-2008, 09:22 PM
I agree with cswil here, from a football perspective only. I love the way this guy finishes by securing the ball, let alone his athletic ability. He's a great runner between the tackles, low to the ground and a downhill runner. I would still like to see him tandemed with a premier runningback ,the likes of a Reggie Bush , God willing. Hillis is a short yard gain, blocking type of fullback. That is written all over him. just my very football minded opinion.

tia for the salutes.

NameUsedBefore
11-30-2008, 09:58 PM
We trade a white-halfback for a black President? Bah, I was kinda hoping for a white sprinter to finish maybe third or fourth, but I guess I can settle for this. Go my familiar skin color go! :cheers:

nevcraw
11-30-2008, 10:06 PM
I"ll take the younger better running better handed Alstott as a RB.. That's what we got.. match him with young or Bell or a mid round pick from 09 and the denver running game will again be the best.
save next years draft for D.

sneakers
11-30-2008, 10:20 PM
Or Tom Rathman?

Tommy Vardell?

ronmahony
11-30-2008, 11:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5alq9LRUNk&NR=1

He can run, this was against the NC's

Magnificent Seven
12-01-2008, 12:26 AM