Medford Bronco
10-03-2007, 08:10 PM
BoSox are owning up on the Angels.

Rockies won today!!! :elefant:

Awesome, Josh Becket pitched a CG 4 hit shutout

great start for Boston :beer:

dogfish
10-04-2007, 12:48 AM
great starts for boston and colorado, both of whom i'm rooting for in these series. . .

and now. . .

GO CLEVELAND!!!

:whoo: :woot: :whoo:

sneakers
10-04-2007, 02:55 AM
Hhahahhahahahahaaaa..... http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/confused_cubs_think_theyre

Confused Cubs Think They're Going To Arizona To Start Spring Training

PHOENIX—Chicago Cubs players reluctantly followed Coach Lou Pinella's orders to pack their equipment for a trip to Arizona Monday, causing many on the ball club to wonder why they were starting spring training nearly six months ahead of schedule. "Last offseason I at least got to spend a little time with my family," said Cubs second baseman Ryan Theriot while examining the unusual 2007 MLB Playoff patch on the right sleeve of his jersey. "We must have done something right this season, though, because I heard our first exhibition game is already sold out." Upon their arrival to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, Theriot's theory regarding the team's improvement was immediately abandoned when he realized that the fans who had gathered to greet the Cubs were in fact booing them mercilessly.

dogfish
10-04-2007, 09:39 PM
so far so good!

:woot: :woot:

dogfish
10-05-2007, 08:52 PM
wooo hooo, go indians!!

cleveland gets a second win behind a SENSATIONAL performance from young fausto carmona-- his first postseason appearance and he pitches nine innings of three-hit ball against a super-stacked yankees lineup to match a great game from andy pettite. . . rafael perez also pitched two scoreless innings. . .

cleveland stranded something like sixteen runners, but FINALLY got a bases loaded hit with two outs on a 3-2 pitch to win the game. . . nerve-wracking finish, and i was fully expceting hafner to strike out yet again. . . now it goes back to new york-- finish 'em off indians!!

broncosfanscott
10-05-2007, 09:50 PM
wooo hooo, go indians!!

cleveland gets a second win behind a SENSATIONAL performance from young fausto carmona-- his first postseason appearance and he pitches nine innings of three-hit ball against a super-stacked yankees lineup to match a great game from andy pettite. . . rafael perez also pitched two scoreless innings. . .

cleveland stranded something like sixteen runners, but FINALLY got a bases loaded hit with two outs on a 3-2 pitch to win the game. . . nerve-wracking finish, and i was fully expceting hafner to strike out yet again. . . now it goes back to new york-- finish off indians!!

Congrats on the win and the 2-0 lead. That was quite a game. This is why I love watching the MLB postseason because the games get 10 times more exciting.

I thought the same thing when it was 2-2. After all the chance he had he finally came through.

Snapping Turtle
10-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Rockies play tomorrow at 7:30 MT Moyer vs. Jimenez.

I am freaking STOKED!

And freaking SCARED!

GO ROCKIES!:elefant:

Medford Bronco
10-05-2007, 11:49 PM
This is why we watch baseball

what a night (sorry to the Yanks fans like KB, DS and RYO)

Manny might aggravate me but tonight I was giddy. It was like 2004 all over again

Great win for Boston :beer:

broncosfanscott
10-06-2007, 12:14 AM
Manny does it again. :beer:

I feel bad for the Angels. They just somehow can't beat the Red Sox.

dogfish
10-08-2007, 11:41 PM
Congrats on the win and the 2-0 lead. That was quite a game. This is why I love watching the MLB postseason because the games get 10 times more exciting.

I thought the same thing when it was 2-2. After all the chance he had he finally came through.

thanks, didn't catch this before. . .

and now it's official!! indians move on!!

:woot: :woot: :woot:

Medford Bronco
10-13-2007, 11:20 AM
I know hardly anyone cares but Josh Beckett did look good yesterday. :D

cant he Sox take complete control tonight. I hope so..

So Go Sox. :beer:

Also Many and Ortiz were 10 for 10 reaching base.

another tidbit was that this was the first time since 1971 that a team scored 10 runs without a Home Run

Snapping Turtle
10-13-2007, 12:09 PM
The Rockies and the Reds are the only 2 teams on playoff history to win their first 5 games. :cool:

broncosfanscott
10-13-2007, 09:39 PM
Cleveland is looking good so far. Oops, spoke to soon.

Manny Ramirez hits 2-run HR................game tied 5-5. :D

EDIT: Lowell makes it 6-5 with a solo shot. :D

dogfish
10-15-2007, 10:19 PM
WOO HOO!!

cleveland gets another big win. . . great pitching effort from jake at the jake, and more fantastic pitching from the bullpen. . .

Medford Bronco
10-15-2007, 10:51 PM
WOO HOO!!

cleveland gets another big win. . . great pitching effort from jake at the jake, and more fantastic pitching from the bullpen. . .

congrats dogfish :salute:

series aint over yet but Cleveland is in control

btw Dice K is looking like Hideki Irabu another Japanese bust.
He sucks.

Also Coco Crisp needs to be benched and Ellsbury needs to play iMO

Uncle Buck
10-15-2007, 11:10 PM
WOW! Is this gonna be another Rockies sweep???? :elefant:

Uncle Buck
10-15-2007, 11:12 PM
WOO HOO!!

I wanted the Sox, dammit! :mad:

:beer:

Medford Bronco
10-15-2007, 11:17 PM

as long as Dice K the fraud pitches the Sox will not win his game

Imangine if it goes 7, he would be slated to pitch:ahhhhh:

I would rather Jon lester who is young and inexperienced but not a overhyped fraud like Dice K is.

dogfish
10-15-2007, 11:36 PM

He sucks.

thanks buddy!

i agree, it's not over by any means. . . win or lose, i'm happy that cleveland is proving that they can stand toe to toe with the big boys. . . i just hope it doesn't rain tomorrow and let them bring beckett back for game four! :ahhhhh:

dogfish
10-15-2007, 11:37 PM

:eviltongue:

i'm disappointed that so many rockies fans are rooting for the big-money team against the little guy. . . .

broncosfanscott
10-15-2007, 11:49 PM

He sucks.

There was so much hype on this guy and throughout the season I was never really impressed with him.

Uncle Buck
10-16-2007, 12:00 AM
:eviltongue:

i'm disappointed that so many rockies fans are rooting for the big-money team against the little guy. . . .

See, that's just the point, my pal. WE are the "little guy," and want to prove it to the world that we can go against the "big-money" guys!

GO SOX! :elefant::D

Medford Bronco
10-16-2007, 12:02 AM
See, that's just the point, my pal. WE are the "little guy," and want to prove it to the world that we can go against the "big-money" guys!

For those that dont understand. Being a Sox fan can be harmful to your health, besides 2004. :laugh::tsk:

trust me they have left you at the alter so to speak so many times it is not even funny and I hope 2007 is not the same but it feels like it is.

Uncle Buck
10-16-2007, 12:08 AM
as long as Dice K the fraud pitches the Sox will not win his game

Imangine if it goes 7, he would be slated to pitch:ahhhhh:

I would rather Jon lester who is young and inexperienced but not a overhyped fraud like Dice K is.

While we are in the mode of criiquing the Sox, how about bad coaching???

Remember the second game--still at the Green Monster--when your coach took out that hot relief pitcher in what--the 12th inning--because he thought he was only good for some 20-odd pitches and the score is still tied at 6-6???

Well, we all know what happened next. A breakout inning for Cleveland.

Damn, that was a poor decision!

Sure, this is an after-the-the-outcome analysis, but still....

DAMN! I would NEVER take out a hot relief pitcher based upon history over current performance in the game at hand!!!

dogfish
10-16-2007, 12:11 AM

you're just scared of the indians. . . . ;)

Medford Bronco
10-16-2007, 12:12 AM
you're just scared of the indians. . . . ;)

after game 4 I might be as well :scared:

Hey I like Cleveland if they beat boston they could beat Colorado,

not a popular opinon here but they are a far superior team to the Phillies and Diamondbacks.

dogfish
10-16-2007, 12:13 AM
For those that dont understand. Being a Sox fan can be harmful to your health, besides 2004. :laugh::tsk:

trust me they have left you at the alter so to speak so many times it is not even funny and I hope 2007 is not the same but it feels like it is.

i was rooting for the sox in '04, but now it's cleveland that has gone forever without a championship-- in any sport. . .

cubs fans have it bad too. . .

broncosfanscott
10-17-2007, 01:40 AM
Cleveland wins big again and it looks like it will be the Indians v. Rockies unless the Red Sox start doing something.

Snapping Turtle
10-17-2007, 09:03 AM

He sucks.

Hey hey hey....I can think of another so called "Japanese bust" kicking ass for Colorado right now. Don't count Dice K out just yet. ;)

Medford Bronco
10-17-2007, 10:46 AM
Hey hey hey....I can think of another so called "Japanese bust" kicking ass for Colorado right now. Don't count Dice K out just yet. ;)

I understand but apples and oranges, my friend
the pressure in Boston is much much higher than it is in Colorado.

Good luck to you guys are your team has shown some of the best spirt of all time.

If Cleveland wins, which I think they will unfortunatley, I think this could be a real barn burner. 7 games I say

The Tribe is so much better than Philadelphia and Arizona it is not even funny.

Snapping Turtle
10-17-2007, 11:07 AM
I understand but apples and oranges, my friend
the pressure in Boston is much much higher than it is in Colorado.

Good luck to you guys are your team has shown some of the best spirt of all time.

If Cleveland wins, which I think they will unfortunatley, I think this could be a real barn burner. 7 games I say

The Tribe is so much better than Philadelphia and Arizona it is not even funny.

That is kinda my point. The pressure on Kaz when he was with the Mets was too much for him...they send him to CO and now look. I think Dice K could have a good future when he either learns to deal with the pressure or is sent somewhere like CO.:couch2:

Dont ask me why I used that smilie. It just looked lonely. :(

broncosfanscott
10-21-2007, 02:01 AM
Well, the Red Sox have definatly kicked it into high gear the last two games and Cleveland seems to be in some trouble with all the momentum slipping away. Can honestly say I am not surprised that the Red Sox have tied the series up.