PDA

View Full Version : Franklin throwing his weight around for Broncos

TXBRONC
08-27-2011, 11:14 AM
Franklin throwing his weight around for Broncos
8 hours, 25 minutes ago

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP)—Broncos rookie right tackle Orlando Franklin(notes) is keeping it simple, trying to fend off onrushing defensive players one play, then attempting to send them reeling backward the next.

“I try to bring as much physicality to the game as possible,” Franklin said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-broncos-franklin

The dude is freakin roadgrader. :shocked:

Agent of Orange
08-27-2011, 11:17 AM
Im really liking this draft, minus not getting a DT. If I look past not getting a DT, I really like Miller, Moore, and Franklin.

Elevation inc
08-27-2011, 11:23 AM
i like the draft but outside of franklin's pounding with some help on dareus for a play he has been horrendous this preseason, not his fault really though he has been thrown to the fire at RT......

i hope he improves but it wouldnt suprise me to see him benched after a few games, or to see him just light it up....he is a unkown who is strugggling for good reason right now hopefully a lightbulb hits for him.....

We still have issues on our Ol right now.....Beadles is only playing slightly above average, walton is terribly inconsistent and franklin has been horrible. combine that with a horrible performing spencer larsen and we do need some help still.....

Agent of Orange
08-27-2011, 11:31 AM
i like the draft but outside of franklin's pounding with some help on dareus for a play he has been horrendous this preseason, not his fault really though he has been thrown to the fire at RT......

i hope he improves but it wouldnt suprise me to see him benched after a few games, or to see him just light it up....he is a unkown who is strugggling for good reason right now hopefully a lightbulb hits for him.....

We still have issues on our Ol right now.....Beadles is only playing slightly above average, walton is terribly inconsistent and franklin has been horrible. combine that with a horrible performing spencer larsen and we do need some help still.....

I think Franklin at RT is an indication of how much we're going to try to run the football. I think Elway, in spite of being a QB, is more meat and potatoes than many think and values the running game more than some may realize. I kind of think back to the KC playoff game from the 97 season when Shanahan wanted to go for it, Elway said it was best to punt. Like I said, I think Elway is more meat and potatoes than some may realize.

Elevation inc
08-27-2011, 11:40 AM
thats just it, franklin has been horrible at blocking period.....the early returns are just not good at all....in time i do think that will change, but its not promising right now....and its also no secret that we want better competition for beadles and walton as well.....Kuper and clady are playing at all pro levels, hopefully that continues, but the otehr 2 plus a horrible franklin means we still have issues.....the good news though with walton and beadles is they are no longer getting blown 3 yds backwards and are playing with better technique this at least gives the Rb a chance to make a move or cut....that wasnt happening last year at all......

but i do belive your take on elway being meat and potatoes which is why i think we will see some OL additions soon....

Nomad
08-27-2011, 11:46 AM
thats just it, franklin has been horrible at blocking period.....the early returns are just not good at all....in time i do think that will change, but its not promising right now....and its also no secret that we want better competition for beadles and walton as well.....Kuper and clady are playing at all pro levels, hopefully that continues, but the otehr 2 plus a horrible franklin means we still have issues.....the good news though with walton and beadles is they are no longer getting blown 3 yds backwards and are playing with better technique this at least gives the Rb a chance to make a move or cut....that wasnt happening last year at all......

but i do belive your take on elway being meat and potatoes which is why i think we will see some OL additions soon....

I thought he did a good job against Dareus, then again I am not much of an analyst when watching games.

Elevation inc
08-27-2011, 12:15 PM
I thought he did a good job against Dareus, then again I am not much of an analyst when watching games.

on 1 play he did but he had help most of the time from kuper and even fells

tomjonesrocks
08-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Didn't like the pick at all but if he turns into a staple for years it will have been worth it.

There was a lot of talent out there that this team could really use at that draft pick though.