PDA

View Full Version : Mike Ditka chimes in on TT

Bullgator
08-27-2011, 02:08 AM
l98Ss3SjGl8&feature=related
Actually I think this was before the draft... but nothings changed, not his opinion or the critics.

SoCalImport
08-27-2011, 04:45 AM
http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2009/04/medium_wedding.jpghttp://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2009/04/medium_wedding.jpg

Lancane
08-27-2011, 05:30 AM
l98Ss3SjGl8&feature=related
Actually I think this was before the draft... but nothings changed, not his opinion or the critics.

With all do respect, I wouldn't listen to Mike Ditka regarding player personnel, the man was a great player, he was a good head coach in Chicago but it could be argued that he was horrible regarding offensive talent. Taking advice from Ditka regarding a quarterback is like taking advice from Shanahan regarding drafting a cornerback, both are futile.

The respect, the loyalty and the faith that certain fans have in the kid is incredible...you make people want to believe more in him. But now you guys are grasping at F'n straws, and it's going to backfire in your faces, because he's not earning the respect of those who possibly doubt him as it should be him...you're trying to do it for him. I can understand some of you not liking the bad publicity or the quip, hurtful remarks regarding religion. But the more you try to elevate him, the more some people are going to despise him and want him to fail, likewise the more people will dig in their feet and not give him a chance.

Bullgator
08-27-2011, 06:35 AM
With all do respect, I wouldn't listen to Mike Ditka regarding player personnel, the man was a great player, he was a good head coach in Chicago but it could be argued that he was horrible regarding offensive talent. Taking advice from Ditka regarding a quarterback is like taking advice from Shanahan regarding drafting a cornerback, both are futile.

The respect, the loyalty and the faith that certain fans have in the kid is incredible...you make people want to believe more in him. But now you guys are grasping at F'n straws, and it's going to backfire in your faces, because he's not earning the respect of those who possibly doubt him as it should be him...you're trying to do it for him. I can understand some of you not liking the bad publicity or the quip, hurtful remarks regarding religion. But the more you try to elevate him, the more some people are going to despise him and want him to fail, likewise the more people will dig in their feet and not give him a chance.

Be careful announcing the time of death on Tim's future. This thing is far from over. That backfire comment goes both ways you know.

Lancane
08-27-2011, 07:09 AM
Be careful announcing the time of death on Tim's future. This thing is far from over. That backfire comment goes both ways you know.

There is no need to be careful, because a fair number of us are not the one's who are elevating him up on a pedestal in a manner that resembles a deification. Continuously creating new threads to share those opinions positive about him, because you agree with them. And at the same time creating others regarding those who are critical of him, just to rip into the journalist or columnist in question themselves and likewise try to devalue their overall credibility because what they said was not to your liking.

No one is announcing the death of Tim's future, what you and the other hardcore Tebowmaniacs are doing is forcing those (fans) who are on the fence to fall away from even wanting to give the kid a fair shot, and those not as optimistic about him or his ability to transition into the NFL quarterback greater fuel to dislike him even more, not even giving them a chance to believe in him and possibly change their minds.

MOtorboat
08-27-2011, 07:55 AM
Ditka is a no talent hack who didn't win anything without Buddy Ryan.

Oh...wait, this was a good for Tebow?

Of course Ditka knows what he's talking about, he's a Super Bowl winning coach.

:sarcasm:

TXBRONC
08-27-2011, 08:58 AM

It could backfire but he's quite hole to climb out of. I know Tebow is a hard worker but that might not be enough.

cuzz4169
08-27-2011, 09:38 AM
So other people praising Tim Tebow should affect what I think of him? That's a bunch of crap!!!

Krplboy
08-27-2011, 09:46 AM
I say let TT be the backup for another season. Why is it a now or never decision. Can't learn much from Orton anyhow, but if our president of football operations has time and patients, He might have some knowledge for Tim

broncobryce
08-27-2011, 09:53 AM
Ditka is a no talent hack who didn't win anything without Buddy Ryan.

Oh...wait, this was a good for Tebow?

Of course Ditka knows what he's talking about, he's a Super Bowl winning coach.

:sarcasm:

Of course you know what you're talking about you're someone who posts on a message board. :confused:

Northman
08-27-2011, 10:49 AM
I say let TT be the backup for another season. Why is it a now or never decision. Can't learn much from Orton anyhow, but if our president of football operations has time and patients, He might have some knowledge for Tim

Technically, there is no hurry and your 100% right here. I think the problem comes from some of the fans clamoring about drafting another QB next year in the first round instead of concentrating on the other areas of need. The talk of having Tebow play this year (im guilty as well here) is really based off the talk of those who have already written Tebow off and want to get into the Luck sweepstakes.

Now, if Tebow sits and Denver doesnt draft a QB in the first round next year than i will be more than comfortable with Tebow sitting and learning. But, if Denver drafts a QB in the first round next year it will be a poor decision without knowing what they have in Tebow. But at the end of the day when it comes to the forums some people are just reacting to the notion that others have already called Tebow a failure, etc.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2011, 10:53 AM
If anyone wanted to take the time, you could find MANY football people who either are pro or negative when it comes to Tebow. I really don't think the Broncos' FO is considering what others are saying in regards to their evaluation of Tebow - i.e. Ditka believes in Tebow, Hoge does not believe in Tebow, etc.

WHY can't people understand that it is the job of the Broncos' FO to put the players who have performed BEST in training camp and preseason on the field. What advantage would it be to the Broncos' FO, coaches, etc. to KNOW that Tebow, at QB, would give them the best chance of winning, BUT they will not start him?

Makes NO sense to me.

Agent of Orange
08-27-2011, 11:27 AM
If anyone wanted to take the time, you could find MANY football people who either are pro or negative when it comes to Tebow. I really don't think the Broncos' FO is considering what others are saying in regards to their evaluation of Tebow - i.e. Ditka believes in Tebow, Hoge does not believe in Tebow, etc.

WHY can't people understand that it is the job of the Broncos' FO to put the players who have performed BEST in training camp and preseason on the field. What advantage would it be to the Broncos' FO, coaches, etc. to KNOW that Tebow, at QB, would give them the best chance of winning, BUT they will not start him?

Makes NO sense to me.

Because, where QBs are concerned, training camp is the equivalent of taking batting practice off of a tee since no one is being tackled. When it's real game pitching, things can change drastically and the people who look good hitting off a tee are often not able to perform best in real games.

So far in actual preseason games, Tebow is 7/9.

TXBRONC
08-27-2011, 11:31 AM

Makes NO sense to me.

I think varies from team to team Carol because it's not always about putting the players out their that will help you win immediately. There have been many times that teams have put young quarterbacks out their know they are completely ready. They do it knowing they will take their lumps with hope that the player develop into a winner.

That doesn't seem to be case now for the Broncos but with attempt to trade Orton they were in the process of going that route until it fell apart.

vettesplus
08-27-2011, 11:34 AM
tt will not be a denver bronco next year, mark this post on your bb board... you do not have to be a expert to see this coming....

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2011, 12:37 PM
I think varies from team to team Carol because it's not always about putting the players out their that will help you win immediately. There have been many times that teams have put young quarterbacks out their know they are completely ready. They do it knowing they will take their lumps with hope that the player develop into a winner.

That doesn't seem to be case now for the Broncos but with attempt to trade Orton they were in the process of going that route until it fell apart.

Let's see - the Broncos won 4 games last year, and Broncos' nation would have been perfectly ok with starting Tebow and possibly finishing with same or worse record? IMO, I don't think so.

Also - in regards to trying to trade Orton - he requested to be traded. So, of course, if he would have been traded - more than likely, Tebow or Quinn would have then been the starting QB - or the Broncos would have brought in a veteran QB. However, with the trade not happening, attention shifts to which QB has looked the best so far. Will Orton continue to look the best, especially when the season starts - no one knows right now.

PAINTERDAVE
08-27-2011, 01:30 PM
tt will not be a denver bronco next year, mark this post on your bb board... you do not have to be a expert to see this coming....

He's already been paid 90 % of his full contract..

there is no reason he would not be on the team...

Tim's development is ongoing...
the team is behind him fully according to EFX..
and Tim will get more experience this season...
once the team tanks and this notion that
"Orton gives us the best chance to win now" is history.

Sure... the team can't start the season expecting to lose...
but reality will kick in quick enough.

Playing Orton after the playoffs are out of reach....
would be a waste of precious development time for Brady or Tim.
Showcasing Kyle's talent for his free agency bid
in a throw away year just makes very little sense for the Broncos.

As a free agent in waiting.. Kyle will play it safe..
not wanting injury or interceptions on his stats...
Kyle is the one who will be long gone 5 months from now.

Tebow may or may not have a long future here..
but he certainly has some future here...
through 2012 at least.

broncobryce
08-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Let's see - the Broncos won 4 games last year, and Broncos' nation would have been perfectly ok with starting Tebow and possibly finishing with same or worse record? IMO, I don't think so.

Also - in regards to trying to trade Orton - he requested to be traded. So, of course, if he would have been traded - more than likely, Tebow or Quinn would have then been the starting QB - or the Broncos would have brought in a veteran QB. However, with the trade not happening, attention shifts to which QB has looked the best so far. Will Orton continue to look the best, especially when the season starts - no one knows right now.

What's odd is if he requested to be traded, why did essentially block the trade by demanding to get a salary he's not worth?

Lancane
08-27-2011, 02:06 PM
What's odd is if he requested to be traded, why did essentially block the trade by demanding to get a salary he's not worth?

Because what he'd make this season was more then he'd make in three anywhere else, no one was going to pay him what he wanted - Denver was obligated to do so, unless they cut him. It's actually a smart move on his part, make about 9 million this year, hit free agency and get the best deal possible...or...go to Miami take a deal that would pay him closer to 3.5 million for the next three years - by staying the trade and remaining he has a bigger payday and a far better chance to get a more lucrative deal then what Miami was offering him.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2011, 02:23 PM

Orton's cap number is all salary, so whoever trades for him has to take the entire hit or rework it into a longer-term deal. Because he's considered a serviceable starter but not a franchise QB, that's a tough call.

http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci_18556271

If reports were true, it was the rework of his contract with Miami which did not appeal to Orton.

broncobryce
08-27-2011, 02:27 PM
Because what he'd make this season was more then he'd make in three anywhere else, no one was going to pay him what he wanted - Denver was obligated to do so, unless they cut him. It's actually a smart move on his part, make about 9 million this year, hit free agency and get the best deal possible...or...go to Miami take a deal that would pay him closer to 3.5 million for the next three years - by staying the trade and remaining he has a bigger payday and a far better chance to get a more lucrative deal then what Miami was offering him.

3.5 per year, not for the whole three years is what I thought it was.
Still, I hope he gets booed out of the stadium, he demands to start, requests to be traded, then blocks the trade due to $$, disses the fans, and we know he will leave after this year. So he is basically screwing the team. Screw him.

Slick
08-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Dear Bullgator,

Mike Ditka? Really?

Sincerely,

Slick

PAINTERDAVE
08-27-2011, 02:44 PM

Eh.. you can't blame the guy.. he's looking out for #1.

That said...

the BRONCOS are also be looking out for themselves ..

right now.. it keeps everybody happy to play Kyle...
the vets, the fans, (Bronco Fans not Tebow fans) etc..
they are starting the season with a positive direction.

Once it goes south... EFX will ALSO look out for the team's best interests..
NOT the interest of Mr. Free Agent in Waiting.

Tned
08-27-2011, 02:47 PM

Marked.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2011, 02:59 PM
Eh.. you can't blame the guy.. he's looking out for #1.

That said...

the BRONCOS are also be looking out for themselves ..

right now.. it keeps everybody happy to play Kyle...
the vets, the fans, (Bronco Fans not Tebow fans) etc..
they are starting the season with a positive direction.

Once it goes south... EFX will ALSO look out for the team's best interests..
NOT the interest of Mr. Free Agent in Waiting.

OR - If it goes south - obviously time will tell which direction it will go, as far as strictly the QB play.

Lancane
08-27-2011, 03:02 PM
OR - If it goes south - obviously time will tell which direction it will go, as far as strictly the QB play.

But he'll still have his 9 million from this season, more then he's ever made in a singular season in the NFL.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2011, 03:05 PM
But he'll still have his 9 million from this season, more then he's ever made in a singular season in the NFL.

True - I was not referring to money when I made my statement - "if it goes south". If Orton has a good/great year, no one knows at this point if he will look to FA, if the Broncos will offer him another contract, etc.

PAINTERDAVE
08-27-2011, 03:15 PM
True - I was not referring to money when I made my statement - "if it goes south". If Orton has a good/great year, no one knows at this point if he will look to FA, if the Broncos will offer him another contract, etc.

Yes.

Time will tell.

My prediction?

Orton will not be here...
only I am not guaranteeing it or datating it as fact. lol

The future is unwritten.

hamrob
08-27-2011, 03:22 PM
It could backfire but he's quite hole to climb out of. I know Tebow is a hard worker but that might not be enough.This is funny to me.

What hole?

Tim Tebow was perhaps the greatest college QB of all time
Tim Tebow played well in the preseason in 2010
Tim Tebow played well in the 3 games he started
Tim Tebow has played well this preseason (7-9, 101yds)

I'm not sure if that will translate into a HOF career, but what hole are you talking about? That's a joke...right?

dogfish
08-27-2011, 04:17 PM
we really need to get tom rouen's thoughts on this, has anyone contacted him?

Agent of Orange
08-27-2011, 04:45 PM
This is funny to me.

What hole?

Tim Tebow was perhaps the greatest college QB of all time
Tim Tebow played well in the preseason in 2010
Tim Tebow played well in the 3 games he started
Tim Tebow has played well this preseason (7-9, 101yds)

I'm not sure if that will translate into a HOF career, but what hole are you talking about? That's a joke...right?

The media vortex has them. It's too strong for some.

TXBRONC
08-27-2011, 05:02 PM

Teams act in what think is in the best interest of their team. There have been plenty of teams that have started young knowing they were going take their lumps.

Yeah Orton requested a trade but the Broncos were under no obligation to grant his request. Also from the articles I've read there are very strong indication that Tebow would have been made the starter if Orton had been traded. I agree that they would have brought in another veteran quarterback but I don't think it would have been to compete to be the starter.

The way it looks to me is it was no big mystery to EFX who end up being the starter if Orton stayed. Elway and Fox said multiple times "If the season started today Orton would be the starter.". I believe Fox has tried to keep an open mind about letting them compete but I think Fox knew who would win out. Even so they put Orton on the trading block.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Ravage!!!
08-27-2011, 05:20 PM
But, if Denver drafts a QB in the first round next year it will be a poor decision without knowing what they have in Tebow. But at the end of the day when it comes to the forums some people are just reacting to the notion that others have already called Tebow a failure, etc.

But the coaches, GM, and president of player personnel will feel they know what they have, despite the fans not knowing what we have.

broncobryce
08-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Yes.

Time will tell.

My prediction?

Orton will not be here...
only I am not guaranteeing it or datating it as fact. lol

The future is unwritten.

I will. I guarantee Orton will not be here next year. At least as a starter.

Northman
08-27-2011, 06:50 PM
But the coaches, GM, and president of player personnel will feel they know what they have, despite the fans not knowing what we have.

Unfortuantely they do make mistakes because afterall, they are human. :lol:

dogfish
08-28-2011, 12:30 AM
any word yet on what tiger woods think about all this?

Tned
08-28-2011, 01:11 AM
any word yet on what tiger woods think about all this?

I heard that he sent Tebow a text and suggested he get caught in a multi-chick sex scandal, because it will take the focus off his game.

dogfish
08-28-2011, 01:57 AM
yet another public figure weighs in on the raging tebow debate . . .

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/9258/4chan1259789580706.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/4chan1259789580706.jpg/)

"............."

thanks for nothing, jackass!

Lancane
08-28-2011, 03:54 AM
yet another public figure weighs in on the raging tebow debate . . .

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/9258/4chan1259789580706.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/4chan1259789580706.jpg/)

"............."

thanks for nothing, jackass!

You know....I wouldn't mind Smith's take on Tebow, probably would be quite philosophical and humorous. It's Mewes' opinion that would probably be harsh! :lol:

vandammage13
08-29-2011, 09:49 AM

THat was pretty much the general thought on KO this year too, but he's still here..

You never know...

BroncoNut
08-29-2011, 12:51 PM
like that fatass loser knows anything about qb talent

Npba900
08-30-2011, 12:00 PM
Technically, there is no hurry and your 100% right here. I think the problem comes from some of the fans clamoring about drafting another QB next year in the first round instead of concentrating on the other areas of need. The talk of having Tebow play this year (im guilty as well here) is really based off the talk of those who have already written Tebow off and want to get into the Luck sweepstakes.

Now, if Tebow sits and Denver doesnt draft a QB in the first round next year than i will be more than comfortable with Tebow sitting and learning. But, if Denver drafts a QB in the first round next year it will be a poor decision without knowing what they have in Tebow. But at the end of the day when it comes to the forums some people are just reacting to the notion that others have already called Tebow a failure, etc.

I think between EFX and how the Tebow's future plays out will be as follows:

John and Elway really like Tebow as a person and appreciates his love for the game and his perserverance. However, but realistically EFX now know deep down TT is a bad fit for the offense they want to run.

As a result, the Broncos will stand by TT over the next 2 years to invest and improve his play at QB in the hopes that Tebow learns the fundamentals and mechanics to play at the necessary levels required to play in the NFL, and in the end another team(s) takes interest in TT and a trade can be made.

Meanwhile, EFX will be moving forward and drafting one of the top 3-5polished, fundamentally-mechanically sound QB's who played in an NFL system in college no.1 in the 2012 that has the tools and talents to become the Franchise of the Team.

TT needs to take advantage and be appreciative that the Broncos are taking the time to develop his skills to survive and perhaps become successful in the NFL, but it won't be as a Denver Bronco.

The reality is John Fox can ill-afford to wait to see if TT will be the QB of the future because Fox would possible be fired waiting for TT to emerge in 2-3 years.

Northman
08-30-2011, 12:32 PM

John and Elway really like Tebow as a person and appreciates his love for the game and his perserverance. However, but realistically EFX now know deep down TT is a bad fit for the offense they want to run.

Yet they payed the man his 6 million dollar bonus. Nah, no team is stupid enough to do that if they dont believe in that player to succeed. Even Elway has said he thinks Tebow will be fine.

As a result, the Broncos will stand by TT over the next 2 years to invest and improve his play at QB in the hopes that Tebow learns the fundamentals and mechanics to play at the necessary levels required to play in the NFL, and in the end another team(s) takes interest in TT and a trade can be made.

Pure speculation on your part. But the problem with this senario is if in a couple of years Tebow doesnt show anything NO TEAM will want him if he cant start for Denver. The Broncos would of been better to trade Tebow NOW while the uncertainty is still there. If Tebow cant win the starting job in 2 years than no team will bite.

Meanwhile, EFX will be moving forward and drafting one of the top 3-5polished, fundamentally-mechanically sound QB's who played in an NFL system in college no.1 in the 2014 that has the tools and talents to become the Franchise of the Team.

Fixed that for ya.

TT needs to take advantage and be appreciative that the Broncos are taking the time to develop his skills to survive and perhaps become successful in the NFL, but it won't be as a Denver Bronco.

When has he said he wasnt appreciative for all that Denver has done? I must of missed that article. Also, if Tebow became successful why on earth would they trade him? Thats moronic. lmao

The reality is John Fox can ill-afford to wait to see if TT will be the QB of the future because Fox would possible be fired waiting for TT to emerge in 2-3 years.

All incorrect.

Fox can afford to wait because he has to rebuild what McD destroyed. He didnt inherit a 8-8 team with a loaded offense. As too drafting QB's in the first round they can do that ANY year. And if they are sold on Orton they can ride that pony for a couple of years if they wish until they know what they have in Tebow.

The only thing that will throw a wrench into all of this is Quinn.

Tned
08-30-2011, 03:20 PM
Yet they payed the man his 6 million dollar bonus. Nah, no team is stupid enough to do that if they dont believe in that player to succeed. Even Elway has said he thinks Tebow will be fine.

I think it was part of his guaranteed money, so other than trading him and having another team pick it up, I don't think they had any choice but to pay him.

NightTerror218
08-30-2011, 05:22 PM

Are you sure.....pretty sure Fox said last week he needed to give Tebow some more game time reps. Sounds like he wants to see what the kid has. :confused:

NightTerror218
08-30-2011, 05:25 PM

Meanwhile, EFX will be moving forward and drafting one of the top 3-5polished, fundamentally-mechanically sound QB's who played in an NFL system in college no.1 in the 2012 that has the tools and talents to become the Franchise of the Team.

WOW...are there any facts that lead to opinions or did you just pull that out of thin air.

Ravage!!!
08-30-2011, 05:34 PM
WOW...are there any facts that lead to opinions or did you just pull that out of thin air.

Doesn't matter. Its his opinion.

Dzone
08-30-2011, 05:43 PM
LOL...Tebow is signed for 5 years. Hope he is with the team for all 5 of those years and beyond.
Kinda sad to see his jersey sales drop all the way to 10, but thats bound to happen, since he is not ready for prime time.