PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Orton becomes father of baby girl; Tebow likely No. 2 QB Saturday

Denver Native (Carol)
08-26-2011, 02:46 PM
It was a day of activity surrounding the Broncos' pregame practice today at Dove Valley.

Papa Kyle Orton got a nice hand from the team after coach John Fox announced Orton's wife Bridget gave birth to their first child Thursday. Orton stood in the full-team huddle and gave the name (Olivia Taylor) and vital statistics (7 pounds, 18 inches) for his newborn daughter.

Fox also announced the captains for the preseason game Saturday against the Seattle Seahawks. The offensive captains: Daniel Fells and Knowshon Moreno; defensive captains: Joe Mays and Andre' Goodman; special teams: Britton Colquitt and Wesley Woodyard.

rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_18764821

NightTerror218
08-26-2011, 02:51 PM
not a surprise

Nomad
08-26-2011, 02:55 PM
There's nothing like becoming a dad especially when the first child comes....congrats to the Orton family.

Myself.....I would have sat out this game and next weekends and enjoyed my newborn when I could before the regular season starts.

Spiritguy
08-26-2011, 02:57 PM
Congrats to Kyle and his wife. Exciting times ahead for them both!

Juriga72
08-26-2011, 03:05 PM
I heard that as the nurses were bringing the baby over to him... he fell into a fetal ball position...

Just saying

:)

Nomad
08-26-2011, 03:10 PM
Congrats to Kyle and his wife. Exciting times ahead for them both!

That's a classic quote in your sig! You go dogfish!

BroncoStud
08-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Yep, congrats Kyle.

RyanC
08-26-2011, 03:59 PM
Congrats Kyle-

I'm looking forward to seeing some more playing time from TT. There seems to be a school of thought that he hasn't played well when he has played this preseason. 7-9, 100 yards, 77%comp and a PR of 113 wouldn't look bad for Tom Brady in limited preseason play. I know stats aren't everything but lately I get the feeling that the pundits aren't even aware of them.

Buff
08-26-2011, 04:07 PM
I say if you're making $9 mil/yr then you oughta schedule child birth for the off season. :coffee:

Jsteve01
08-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Congrats Kyle-

I'm looking forward to seeing some more playing time from TT. There seems to be a school of thought that he hasn't played well when he has played this preseason. 7-9, 100 yards, 77%comp and a PR of 113 wouldn't look bad for Tom Brady in limited preseason play. I know stats aren't everything but lately I get the feeling that the pundits aren't even aware of them.

go back and watch the film, other than the throw Wills, which was late in the Dallas game, none of his other completions have looked good and they were either screenns or from the shotgun.

BroncoWave
08-26-2011, 04:19 PM
go back and watch the film, other than the throw Wills, which was late in the Dallas game, none of his other completions have looked good and they were either screenns or from the shotgun.

He also fired a bullet on 3rd down in that game between two defenders that was completed for a first down.

Nomad
08-26-2011, 04:29 PM
I say if you're making $9 mil/yr then you oughta schedule child birth for the off season. :coffee:

Usually I like your takes, but this is a stupid statement. Orton has every right to take his couple weeks of paternity leave and get know his child and help out the wife. I don't see why he isn't doing it especially when he has the starting position.

BroncoWave
08-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Usually I like your takes, but this is a stupid statement. Orton has every right to take his couple weeks of paternity leave and get know his child and help out the wife. I don't see why he isn't doing it especially when he has the starting position.

Pretty sure that was sarcasm Nomad.

Nomad
08-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Pretty sure that was sarcasm Nomad.

If it is I apologize!

girler
08-26-2011, 05:14 PM

He scheduled it for a Thursday during pre-season. That's only a bit late and 50 cents short. I'll grade him a B- on that one.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Congrats to Kyle and Mrs Orton. It's a happy time for them and I hope they enjoy it.

hamrob
08-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Congrats to the Orton's. Thank goodness it's a girl!

chazoe60
08-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Congrats to the Ortons.

I hope that little girl wasn't born with a neckbeard. :laugh:

Hope mom and baby are healthy.

NightTerror218
08-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Viva la neckbeard

TXBRONC
08-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Congratulations to Orton and his wife. :beer:

Dzone
08-26-2011, 10:14 PM
Well, I have gotten over a lot of my dislike for Orton. He's not my first choice, but bitching aint going to change anything

TXBRONC
08-26-2011, 10:30 PM
Well, I have gotten over a lot of my dislike for Orton. He's not my first choice, but bitching aint going to change anything

Agreed. Orton's the starter that's all there is to it. It doesn't mean things can't change but I wouldn't count on it.

sneakers
08-26-2011, 11:52 PM
The afterbirth was jack daniels

Dzone
08-27-2011, 02:33 AM
Oh, and believe me, I have done a lot of bitching about Orton over the last 8 months...Ohhh yaaa! Havent we all? Or at least most of us have...I have reached a point of acceptance with Orton. Its not easy. But he is our QB for now. I think we all will reach that point if he plays well and shows that he improved a lot over last year. He may not be able to physically hold up, so we have some decent backups who can step in.
Look at how bad Indianapolios is right now? They would kill to have our QBs.
So, just trying to be optimistic about things. Everyone is 0-0. Anything can happen in an NFL season and its never exactly as planned. Teams on our schedule who look tough now, could be decimated by injuries when we play them. Good teams go on horrific losing streaks. Bad teams get hot.

Pardon my french. I thought the profanity filter would have bleeped me.

Watchthemiddle
08-27-2011, 07:02 AM
Congratulations to the Orton's

There is something very special about your little girl calling you daddy.

:beer:

jhildebrand
08-27-2011, 01:05 PM

The long ball against Buffalo was perfectly placed after sitting in the pocket and then stepping up to make the throw.

I bet TT plays A LOT tonight. Seattle has a real deal D line and some quick LB'ers. Fox isn't dumb and Orton is on a short practice week.

I also have my conspiracy that Elway and Fox put TT in early against Dallas hoping he would tank to quiet some of the noise. If I was right about that, the same would hold true tonight against this D. They will put him in early and possibly limit him with play selection. Tonight will tell me all I need to know.

PAINTERDAVE
08-27-2011, 01:56 PM

The kid is developing as a QB. EFX and the broncos have his back.

It will be what it will be.. no matter how you try to spin it.

That throw he made to Willis was spot on..
yet you dismiss it for being "late in the Dallas game".. :confused:

You saying his completions did not look good
does not change the fact that he completed the passes he completed.

It is pre-season, bud, every play is about development.

PAINTERDAVE
08-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Agreed. Orton's the starter that's all there is to it. It doesn't mean things can't change but I wouldn't count on it.

The starter at the begining of the season.. but for how long?

That is the $64,000 question.