PDA

View Full Version : Royal

Cutler6MVP
11-30-2008, 01:52 PM
Does anyone have any official word on Royals status today, rotoworld says hes a game time decision.

MOtorboat
11-30-2008, 01:53 PM
Does anyone have any official word on Royals status today, rotoworld says hes a game time decision.

You will know about an hour before the game.

DenverBronkHoes
11-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Once again another bone headed move we made cutting Dominik Hixon............

dont get me started

MOtorboat
11-30-2008, 03:03 PM

dont get me started

What the hell does letting Hixon go have anything to do with Eddie Royal starting today or not?

topscribe
11-30-2008, 03:06 PM

dont get me started

Okay. :couch:

-----

topscribe
11-30-2008, 03:08 PM
What the hell does letting Hixon go have anything to do with Eddie Royal starting today or not?

I think he was referring to having a Hixon to step up if Royal couldn't play.

We do have a pretty good receiver, though, in Darrell Jackson.

-----

MOtorboat
11-30-2008, 03:09 PM
I think he was referring to having a Hixon to step up if Royal couldn't play.

We do have a pretty good receiver, though, in Darrell Jackson.

-----

Much more proven than Hixon, as well.

The inactives should be released by now...I'll see if I can't find them.

DenverBronkHoes
11-30-2008, 03:10 PM

he'd be returning our kicks and Royal would be healthy

u got me started

DenverBronkHoes
11-30-2008, 03:11 PM
but instead we cut a rookie in mid season with talent(that we for some reason could not bring our of him)

he plays his role well on his new team..... we obviously did not see his potential

NameUsedBefore
11-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Hixon was shit when he played for us and he attained some emotional baggage. Hindsight is 20/20; we let him go for good reason.

DenverBronkHoes
11-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Hixon was shit when he played for us and he attained some emotional baggage. Hindsight is 20/20; we let him go for good reason.

that baggage and emotional problems got him a super bowl ring.....

and he didnt sit on the bench and just get a ring, he contributed....

Italianmobstr7
11-30-2008, 03:16 PM
2:56 EST: I was just handed the inactives for today’s game. For the Broncos, S Marlon McCree, CB Champ Bailey, RB Selvin Young, FB Andrew Pinnock, LB D.J. Williams, LB Nate Webster, DT Nic Clemons and DE Tim Crowder. As has been in the past few games, Spencer Larsen will start for Webster, Wesley Woodyard will start for Williams, Josh Bell will start for Bailey. Still remains to be seen who will start in the place of McCree.

The Jets inactives are; K Mike Nugent, 3rd QB Brett Ratliff, WR David Clowney, RB Marcus Mason, CB Drew Coleman, S Eric Smith, LB David Harris and TE Bubba Franks.

From Denverbroncos.com

Italianmobstr7
11-30-2008, 03:17 PM
Royal isn't on the inactive list so he'll probably be playing. I wonder how much he'll contribute today.

topscribe
11-30-2008, 03:18 PM
that baggage and emotional problems got him a super bowl ring.....

and he didnt sit on the bench and just get a ring, he contributed....

Well, problem is, Hixon needed a psychological fix after being devastated by
the injury to that TE. I'm not sure he would have gotten it in Denver, in the
same old scenery. I think that it took the move to get him out of that and
into playing up to his capabilities.

-----

topscribe
11-30-2008, 03:19 PM
2:56 EST: I was just handed the inactives for today’s game. For the Broncos, S Marlon McCree, CB Champ Bailey, RB Selvin Young, FB Andrew Pinnock, LB D.J. Williams, LB Nate Webster, DT Nic Clemons and DE Tim Crowder. As has been in the past few games, Spencer Larsen will start for Webster, Wesley Woodyard will start for Williams, Josh Bell will start for Bailey. Still remains to be seen who will start in the place of McCree.

The Jets inactives are; K Mike Nugent, 3rd QB Brett Ratliff, WR David Clowney, RB Marcus Mason, CB Drew Coleman, S Eric Smith, LB David Harris and TE Bubba Franks.

From Denverbroncos.com

Crap. Surely could have used Champ with Favre on the other end of those passes. :tsk:

-----

Italianmobstr7
11-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Crap. Surely could have used Champ with Favre on the other end of those passes. :tsk:

-----

I'd rather have him for the playoffs than for 1 game with the Jets. It does suck that he's out, but it will be better for him in the long run. 1 thing I can say about Champ is that if he CAN play, he will. Tearing a groin is not an easy injury to overcome. Hopefully when he does come back he'll be at 100%.

DenverBronkHoes
11-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Well, problem is, Hixon needed a psychological fix after being devastated by
the injury to that TE. I'm not sure he would have gotten it in Denver, in the
same old scenery. I think that it took the move to get him out of that and
into playing up to his capabilities.

-----

i dont really believe in that crap......

u are what u are what you are

broncobryce
11-30-2008, 03:27 PM

Did we cut him? I thought we sent him to the practice squad and the giants claimed him. You don't believe in psychology? (javon walker)

topscribe
11-30-2008, 03:31 PM

Well, believe it or not, you are what you are . . . between the ears. If that
goes awry, a player can be finished quick. I have seen it all too often.

-----

DenverBronkHoes
11-30-2008, 03:42 PM
Did we cut him? I thought we sent him to the practice squad and the giants claimed him. You don't believe in psychology? (javon walker)

hack!!!!

(still)

DenverBronkHoes
11-30-2008, 03:42 PM
paintchips make me thirsty

broncobryce
11-30-2008, 04:10 PM
hack!!!!

(still)

Yeah, Javon is done. Even Al Davis I don't think is crazy enough to pay him next year. Back to topic......I think Eddie will give us a punt or kick return for TD today. He is way overdue.

honz
11-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Royal is officially listed as Ready to Dominate on the injury report.

Traveler
11-30-2008, 05:44 PM
Not sure if anyone agrees, but Royal has become our #1 receiver IMO. Marshall has been virtually invisible lately.

BeefStew25
12-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Colorado 4th grader Nicole Swift had the coolest show-n-tell guest this week. Denver Broncos' rookie sensation wide receiver Eddie Royal was a guest at Fairmount Elementary in Golden, Colorado, a suburb of Denver. According to 9News in Denver, Swift was one of 34 winners in a nationwide contest to bring and NFL player to school. It was also the first time the Royal visited an elementary school since becoming a pro athlete.

"It was great," Royal told 9News. "Just coming out to see these kids. They were so excited. I haven't been back to elementary school in a long time. So, it was good to come back."

Royal also said that when he was in elementary school in Virginia, he never experienced an NFL player hanging out with the kids in his school. His visit to Fairmount is part of a program to help teach kids the benefits of being healthy and staying fit. As for Swift, she told 9News that this will be a day she'll "remember for a long time."

http://www.blackvoices.com/blogs/2008/12/03/fourth-grader-brings-broncos-eddie-royal-for-show-n-tell/

BeefStew25
12-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Just a quick aside about Ed:

I love him.

Okay, carry on.

Dreadnought
12-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Not sure if anyone agrees, but Royal has become our #1 receiver IMO. Marshall has been virtually invisible lately.

I agree. If I had a gun to my head and could only keep 1 it would be Royal.