PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Cox due in court in sex assault case

Agent of Orange
08-26-2011, 10:30 AM
CASTLE ROCK —Denver Broncos cornerback Perrish Cox is due in court for the first time since the release of details of sex assault charges against him.
Cox faces one count of sexual assault against a victim who was physically helpless and one count of sexual assault against a victim who was incapable of determining the nature of the conduct. Authorities say the accuser came forward after she learned she was pregnant. An arrest affidavit released last month says Cox denied having sex with the woman.

The affidavit says DNA tests show Cox is the father.

Read more: Broncos' Cox due in court in sex assault case - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18762662#ixzz1W9JxP2cA
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

fyi

silkamilkamonico
08-26-2011, 10:34 AM
Its been real Cox. Have fun in prison.

camdisco24
08-26-2011, 10:41 AM
Can't wait for him to be off our roster. Guy has talent, but he's an idiot.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-26-2011, 11:02 AM
I read the article earlier - is it safe to assume that he is due in court today, as the article just says due in court, which was a given, based on the charges.

NightTerror218
08-26-2011, 11:17 AM
I think he is going to get off the hook.....not enough evidence except that they had sex and he is the father.

BigDaddyBronco
08-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Good luck on that one Cox.

What an idiot.

Lancane
08-26-2011, 12:02 PM
I think he is going to get off the hook.....not enough evidence except that they had sex and he is the father.

Someone already told authorities that she was passed out before they left the scene of the crime, another or the same witness stated that Cox tried to get them to have sex with the victim - atop of that there is obvious DNA evidence in the fact she is pregnant. Now I would say it's possible it would be a case of he said, she said if not for the glaring facts that he denied having sex with her and she is pregnant with his child. Which means he already lied about sexual contact, so what is his defense? I lied because it wasn't consented? That isn't going to help him one bit. And unless some witness is found that testifies that she was not passed out, that she was all over him as much as her (meaning not inebriated beyond common sense), whether or not both were drunk or had been drinking, the chances are rather high that he's going to be convicted.

NightTerror218
08-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Someone already told authorities that she was passed out before they left the scene of the crime, another or the same witness stated that Cox tried to get them to have sex with the victim - atop of that there is obvious DNA evidence in the fact she is pregnant. Now I would say it's possible it would be a case of he said, she said if not for the glaring facts that he denied having sex with her and she is pregnant with his child. Which means he already lied about sexual contact, so what is his defense? I lied because it wasn't consented? That isn't going to help him one bit. And unless some witness is found that testifies that she was not passed out, that she was all over him as much as her (meaning not inebriated beyond common sense), whether or not both were drunk or had been drinking, the chances are rather high that he's going to be convicted.

Where did you read that? I read who was fooling around with Thomas and at the bars. Then they all went back to Cox/Vaughns place and that was where it happened. Not to mention Cox was dating her friend who was there. There was no proof she only had a couple drinks, no proof she took any drugs. There is no proof it was forced or anything. She didnt even say anything for weeks to anyone until she found out she was prego. No matter how much I am against this kinda of stuff because it has happened to people very close to me.

If she passed out she had more then 4 drinks. IF she did go to the hospital and all that then it would be more credible with the records of going. IF she did take the rape exam it would be able to at least tell if it was more casual or forced.

When it comes to pro athletes "groupies" come with the fame. Lots of them are after money. But when it comes to rape it is her word against his. Yes he did lie about sleeping with her, prob because he was dating her friend. " No i didnt cheat" kinda thing. When it comes to crap like this, being told stuff in the media is hard to determine what actually happened given we do not have all the facts about what happened. We are just given what the media wants us to hear.

If in fact he did do this, I want him off the team and jailed for a good long time, with his balls in a jar on display in the house of shame for stupidity to ruin a pro football career.

DenBronx
08-26-2011, 02:07 PM
We should just cut Cox and move on.

Philly is trying to trade their nickle for a late round pick. I really think they will just end up cutting him outright.

Report: “Good chance” Joselio Hanson gets dealt

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/26/report-good-chance-joselio-hanson-gets-dealt/

Lancane
08-26-2011, 02:21 PM
We should just cut Cox and move on.

Philly is trying to trade their nickle for a late round pick. I really think they will just end up cutting him outright.

Report: “Good chance” Joselio Hanson gets dealt

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/26/report-good-chance-joselio-hanson-gets-dealt/

DB, it's been reported that Bailey will be for the most part the team's starting nickleback, and Bailey is excited about it. I don't see us targeting another nickle-type corner, we have some depth but I wouldn't be surprised if Denver took someone off the waiver wire to compete for a backup role. Goodman will more then likely continue to start at right corner in all packages, Vaughn will likely man the left corner position in nickle packages while Bailey moves inside, I do believe Jones and Cox are done for, that still leaves us with Thompson and the rookies Harris and Bing, unless they decide to keep Jones as well. I don't see us keeping more then five corners on the active roster: Bailey, Vaughn, Goodman, Thompson so that leaves only one other spot.

Dzone
08-26-2011, 02:31 PM
I know a woman who's daughter is a stripper at Shotgun Willies or Diamond cabaret, I forget which one.
Anyway, about a month ago, she told me her daughter had become good friends with a Denver Bronco. I asked who it was, she said "Some guy named Perrish Cox"...I said "Well, you know he has been charged with rape dont you?" She replied "Yes, I know and that girl made it all up" Mmmm Huhhh..sure...Sounds like Cox cant stay away from the strip joints and strippers.
He's a bad influence on other players. Hope they cut his ass on the first cut day.

NightTerror218
08-26-2011, 02:37 PM
I know a woman who's daughter is a stripper at Shotgun Willies or Diamond cabaret, I forget which one.
Anyway, about a month ago, she told me her daughter had become good friends with a Denver Bronco. I asked who it was, she said "Some guy named Perrish Cox"...I said "Well, you know he has been charged with rape dont you?" She replied "Yes, I know and that girl made it all up" Mmmm Huhhh..sure...Sounds like Cox cant stay away from the strip joints and strippers.
He's a bad influence on other players. Hope they cut his ass on the first cut day.

Like I mentioned before they need some evidence of it being rape rather then drunk consensual sex. She was fooling around with Thomas. If it comes out that he did rape he needs to be gone. If it comes out to be another chick after money they that is on her.

Lancane
08-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Like I mentioned before they need some evidence of it being rape rather then drunk consensual sex. She was fooling around with Thomas. If it comes out that he did rape he needs to be gone. If it comes out to be another chick after money they that is on her.

Phi, Colorado doesn't have a law that differentiates the difference between drunken consent and date rape, the law states that rape is the act of sexual intercourse against one's will or without their knowledge. If she was indeed inebriated enough to be passed out or barely coherent then it is rape. I don't think some realize how strict Colorado Law is on sexual based offenses, for example, a young adult (18 to 19) unknowingly dates someone underage, but admits to kissing the girl in question, even if no other sexual acts occurred between the two, the very act of kissing is considered a sexual act and therefor is a form of statutory sexual assault. Colorado is just as strict regarding urination in public regarding indecent exposure.

Vaughn I believe is the one who told the police that she was passed out, you would need to check the Denver Post Archives, but I believe it was him. I am not sure who said that Cox actually tried to get them to have sex with the girl, whether it was Thomas or Vaughn or either, but I believe that was in there. If that is what they told police, even if the recant their stories, there is more then enough with her pregnancy and his lying about the very act of sex to suspect him of wrong doing, I don't see Vaughn or Thomas putting their careers on the line for Cox, which means that he has to have a solid defense, because all the witnesses have to say is that she was passed out, that would mean that she was indeed inebriated, and incapacitated regarding decision making, but the very act of sex means he was not incapacitated, it's still a form of rape. You brought up that she didn't charge come forth till now, but what if she didn't know till she found out she was pregnant, doctors pinpoint to when a pregnancy occurred well enough to give a time frame for the act, so that could be what led her to the decision.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Denver Broncos cornerback Perrish Cox appeared this morning in Douglas County District Court where his attorney asked that a hearing scheduled for this afternoon be postponed.

His lawyer Harvey Steinberg told Judge Paul King that he had not reviewed a video recording of Cox being interviewed by investigators. The issue related to the way a copy of the recording was labeled.

King rescheduled the motions hearing until Sept. 16.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_18764290 - rest if article

Dzone
08-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Well, the way the courts move, this case could get put off until next year.

Dzone
08-26-2011, 03:35 PM
Colorado is just as strict regarding urination in public regarding indecent exposure.
For real? You mean if you pull off the off ramp of I-25 near Larkspur to take a whiz , you can be charged with indecent exposure? Good lord. I do that all the time...:eek:

Lancane
08-26-2011, 03:40 PM
For real? You mean if you pull off the off ramp of I-25 near Larkspur to take a whiz , you can be charged with indecent exposure? Good lord. I do that all the time...:eek:

Yes, and if your caught and they decide to officially charge you, then you would have to register as a sex offender for at least ten years.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-26-2011, 03:42 PM
You can access/read the arrest affidavit towards the bottom/left on this link, under EXTRAS.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_18764290

NightTerror218
08-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Phi, Colorado doesn't have a law that differentiates the difference between drunken consent and date rape, the law states that rape is the act of sexual intercourse against one's will or without their knowledge. If she was indeed inebriated enough to be passed out or barely coherent then it is rape. I don't think some realize how strict Colorado Law is on sexual based offenses, for example, a young adult (18 to 19) unknowingly dates someone underage, but admits to kissing the girl in question, even if no other sexual acts occurred between the two, the very act of kissing is considered a sexual act and therefor is a form of statutory sexual assault. Colorado is just as strict regarding urination in public regarding indecent exposure.

Vaughn I believe is the one who told the police that she was passed out, you would need to check the Denver Post Archives, but I believe it was him. I am not sure who said that Cox actually tried to get them to have sex with the girl, whether it was Thomas or Vaughn or either, but I believe that was in there. If that is what they told police, even if the recant their stories, there is more then enough with her pregnancy and his lying about the very act of sex to suspect him of wrong doing, I don't see Vaughn or Thomas putting their careers on the line for Cox, which means that he has to have a solid defense, because all the witnesses have to say is that she was passed out, that would mean that she was indeed inebriated, and incapacitated regarding decision making, but the very act of sex means he was not incapacitated, it's still a form of rape. You brought up that she didn't charge come forth till now, but what if she didn't know till she found out she was pregnant, doctors pinpoint to when a pregnancy occurred well enough to give a time frame for the act, so that could be what led her to the decision.

But they have to prove she did not know what she was doing besides her just stating it. Like i said proof. I have read all the stuff. I think the passed out comment you are referring too came from Thomas when she texted him. But if neither have proof of the text, proof she was drugged (she stated he had 4 drinks), proof she was passed out, then there is nothing to hold him besides obstructing justice when he lied. It would also take a Thomas going to court and testifying but with him on the stand it could go both ways. She was fooling around with Thomas and then had sex with Cox. Makes her sound like a groupie. I understand what you are saying and that Colorado has strict laws. She did think she had sex and went to doctor but then didnt do anything from there, did not do the rape kit or anything. She did not want to accuse him of rape if it was not.

Dzone
08-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Yes, and if your caught and they decide to officially charge you, then you would have to register as a sex offender for at least ten years.

OMG! Man, some laws are utterly ridiculous! I guess I better start going to the Mcdonalds in castle rock to go #1...lol

NightTerror218
08-26-2011, 04:08 PM
But like I said you cant judge this case unless you know all the fact which we dont, we are not the jury.

Lancane
08-26-2011, 04:40 PM
But like I said you cant judge this case unless you know all the fact which we dont, we are not the jury.

Agreed...

All I have to say beyond that, is that if he is guilty then he deserves to lose it all.

NightTerror218
08-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Agreed...

All I have to say beyond that, is that if he is guilty then he deserves to lose it all.

I agree with you 100%. And if there is evidence and he gets off because he is a Pro Athlete, he needs to be cut from team and castrated.

DenBronx
08-26-2011, 07:41 PM
IF he his guilty then he needs to not just be cut from the Broncos but banned from the NFL. I don't care who it is.

But, he is innocent until proven guilty. Everyone deserves a fair trial.

Northman
08-26-2011, 07:45 PM

Yes, you can. That is called a 311. I got a warning from a mall security guard when i was a teen for that. i thought it was hysterical though.