PDA

View Full Version : When your turnovers drop this much something radically changed.

LoyalSoldier
11-30-2008, 03:16 AM
I was going back over our turnover numbers from the last few years and it is actually interesting the drop we have.

2005: 29 fumbles and 20 interceptions = 49 turnovers forced
2006: 28 fumbles and 17 interceptions = 45 turnovers forced
2007: 21 fumbles and 14 interceptions = 35 turnovers forced
2008: 7 fumbles and 4 interceptions = 11 turnovers forced
They say a picture says a thousand words.

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/6536/turnoverschartoi1.jpg

Now granted we haven't finished this season, but the fact of the matter that we are getting only a turnover a game so if we take that projection we will finish the season with 16 turnovers.

Last year's defense was terrible, but they were at least able to force a turnover now and again.

This shows an almost exponential dropoff in turnovers forced!

broncobryce
11-30-2008, 04:40 AM
Two words. Bob Slowik

SR
11-30-2008, 11:36 AM
Yep. It's Slowik's fault the players can't strip the ball and get in position to make interceptions. Idiot.

BeefStew25
11-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Dear Forum,

I still think it is all Jay Culter's fault.

Signed,

Tubby

Nomad
11-30-2008, 11:46 AM
Yep. It's Slowik's fault the players can't strip the ball and get in position to make interceptions. Idiot.

Watching players in today's game both college and pro, they are more worried about stripping the ball rather than making solid tackles and most of the time they don't strip the ball. Which I see on more occasions the result is added yardage or big gains! I was watching the OU game last night and seeing those players trying to strip rather than wrapping up and the runners would break open. BRONCOS have this same problem!!

broncophan
11-30-2008, 12:00 PM

I don't think we need people like you coming on here and calling other people posting their opinions....idiots................ maybe you are.... Slowik's big brother or something.

Back to topic....I agree......the graph tells the story.....the defense needs to step up and get some turnovers....and help our qb out on offense...

Nomad
11-30-2008, 12:15 PM
I don't think we need people like you coming on here and calling other people posting their opinions....idiots................ maybe you are.... Slowik's big brother or something.

Back to topic....I agree......the graph tells the story.....the defense needs to step up and get some turnovers....and help our qb out on offense...

Turnovers is the key but watching a DB/LB ride a WR or RB just to try and strip the ball when most of the time they are unsuccessful is pathetic. And Bly is one of the worst ones. Tackle the player instead of letting them gain 20 yds after contact! And it's all about timing and teamwork as well!

broncophan
11-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Turnovers is the key but watching a DB/LB ride a WR or RB just to try and strip the ball when most of the time they are unsuccessful is pathetic. And Bly is one of the worst ones. Tackle the player instead of letting them gain 20 yds after contact! And it's all about timing and teamwork as well!

I agree.....first guy there needs to tackle.....and the second/third guy there go for the ball.......doesn't sound too difficult.....

BroncoTech
11-30-2008, 12:37 PM
It's a lack of team work and we lack a big hitter back there. A Romanowski or Lynch type would help.

LoyalSoldier
11-30-2008, 12:43 PM

I think he was calling Slovik the idiot.

broncophan
11-30-2008, 12:48 PM

Oh.........sorry.....if that is the case......I did not read it that way though....

fcspikeit
11-30-2008, 01:52 PM

LOL, No, he is of the belief it is the players fault and not the coaching. So unless something has changed from countless other post's, it was a sarcastic remark...

NameUsedBefore
11-30-2008, 02:40 PM
Regardless of what the stats say, with so few turnovers Denver might just have the worst defense in the entire league.

broncobryce
11-30-2008, 03:33 PM

Look, I'm not saying to fire him, but he has a reputation for his Defenses not causing turnovers. Look it up if you don't believe me. And don't worry, this is the internet, I've been called worse. :beer: