PDA

View Full Version : Elway on KOA at 5:05 MDT - UPDATE: Summary of interview in post #4

Tned
08-25-2011, 06:03 PM
Coming up.

RT @psmyth12: Broncos' @johnelway coming up on KOA Radio at 5:05 p.m. MDT - click to listen: http://tinyurl.com/28xewpu

dogfish
08-25-2011, 06:06 PM
i hope he yells "red 98! reeed98!!" for old times' sake. . . .

:defense:

NightTerror218
08-25-2011, 06:14 PM
yay no QB questions...mostly defense and OL

Tned
08-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Notes from John Elway with Dave Krieger and Dave Logan. Rough paraphrase, typed as he spoke.

Q: 3rd game will be used to refine what's been worked on with first team and get used to coming out after halftime?

Has perspective changed as exec vs player.

Basically the same as when you were a player. Want to get players used to third quarter, more conditioning -- get out healthy number one goal.

Q: You played behind great O-line. You've got a young O-line, rookie RT, 2nd year center and guard, seem to be gelling -- what do you think?

They're young. Good preseason. Walt and Beadles going into second year, made leaps and bounds, especially with Beadles staying at LG. They've all been at one spot through camp. They are gelling, physical and pushing people off the ball.

Q: Lots of focus on improving defense, especially pass rush with V. Miller, but what about injuries in the middle. Will you look to waiver wire to beef up DT?

Losing Warren is going to hurt, but hoping to get MT back sooner than expected. Bunkley has played well, as have some others. They are getting used to the defense and gettting comfortable. Feel much better on inside now, then when we entered camp. Will look at all positions, and all players on waiver wire that might help.

Sticking with front seven, some expectations for Irving to start, but Mays is holding on to spot -- haggan moved inside and out. What dod you make of LP corps.

Feel good. Mays has done very well getting into new defense. DJ just came back from injury. Haggan moving to SLB, but can play all positions. Irving has done a good job, but is learning the system as a rookie, but getting every day. Miller has done a tremendous job. New he could rush passer, but getting better in coverage. Feel good.

Q: What effect will new kickoff rules have on special teams staffing. Does that effect how many people you need on special teams?

Rule was put in because was number one injury place. Everyone is getting used to it. The coaching staff is still adjusting and seeing how that will effect the team. Hurt teams like Chicago with Hester more than others.

dogfish
08-25-2011, 06:43 PM
so i take it he did not yell "red 98!" or bowl over one of the hosts helicopter-run style?

man, this sucks. . . . :tsk:

it's almost surreal to think that we actually, really did have guys like elway, TD, and atwater on our team. . . and now we get to watch kyle norton, knowshon and raper cox. . . .

*sighs*

Tned
08-25-2011, 06:52 PM
so i take it he did not yell "red 98!" or bowl over one of the hosts helicopter-run style?

it's almost surreal to think that we actually, really did have guys like elway, TD, and atwater on our team. . . and now we get to watch kyle norton, knowshon and raper cox. . . .

*sighs*

I was looking at TD's stats on Monday or Tuesday with a coworker. I know he is a long shot to get into the HOF, but what he accomplished in those first four years before the injury were simply amazing. 8 preseason games, which included 7 consecutive 100 yard rushing games. League MVP, SB MVP, 2,000 yards, blah, blah, blah.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-25-2011, 07:05 PM
Tned - I listened to almost all of it - I have no idea who Steve Krieger is, but the voice I thought I recognized was Dave Krieger, who also writes sports articles for the DP.

Tned
08-25-2011, 07:06 PM
Tned - I listened to almost all of it - I have no idea who Steve Krieger is, but the voice I thought I recognized was Dave Krieger, who also writes sports articles for the DP.

Lol, that would explain why Elway called him Dave! :lol: Don't know how I heard Steve and Dave... :confused:

PAINTERDAVE
08-25-2011, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the synopsis TNED..
I appreciate your efforts.

nevcraw
08-25-2011, 07:18 PM
great interview but who is this John Elway feller?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Here is link to listen to it:

http://www.850koa.com/pages/davelogan.html

LTC Pain
08-25-2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks Tned and Carol.

underrated29
08-25-2011, 09:24 PM

*sighs*

Hey!
You leave knowshon alone...:fish:

Broncos Mtnman
08-25-2011, 10:20 PM

*sighs*

Maybe this will make you feel better.... :salute:

dAavAIxFxa0

red98
08-25-2011, 10:23 PM
i hope he yells "red 98! reeed98!!" for old times' sake. . . .

:defense:

That would be awesome