PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2011-12 College Football Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

OrangeHoof
08-25-2011, 12:59 PM
The summer is almost over and it is time to buckle that chinstrap and get set for college football season. Cooler temps. Coeds in sweaters. Endless fights over who should be #1. Gotta love it.

So, here are some questions while we wait for next Saturday's kickoff week of mostly cupcakes:

1) Who'll be the national champion?
2) Who'll win the Heisman Trophy?
3) Name the 10 teams you expect to earn a BCS bowl bid.
4) Which storied program is going to have the worst record - Ohio State, Texas, Miami or Notre Dame?

OrangeHoof
08-25-2011, 02:56 PM
My guesses:

1) Alabama
2) Andrew Luck, Stanford
3) (in no particular order) Alabama, LSU, Oregon, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Pitt, Boise St.,Wisconsin, Penn St., Oklahoma St.
4) Da U

Nomad
08-25-2011, 05:18 PM
Here's the schedule for the season!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule

Nomad
08-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Kickoff this Thursday! I guess the QBs will be closely watched this year due to this being a supposedly great QB class especially Luck, Barkley, and Jones. Looking forward to some SEC and PAC 12 football!

The games I'm looking forward to:

LSU/Oregon - Tigers seem to be going deeper into the hole with losing their starting QB and few other players to suspension and now losing the best starting guard, Josh Dworaczyk, to injury. I hope the defense is up to the task because the offense isn't looking good. Ducks have their issues as well.
GO TIGERS!

Boise St/Georgia - Don't let the SEC down Bulldogs!

Idaho St/Wash St - I hope Cougs can get off to a good start against a cupcake.....if not, then it's going to be another long year!

Colorado/Hawaii - Welcome to the Pac 12 Buffs! Can CU actually win a road game for a change?!?

Stanford, USC, and OU games.......anything less than blowouts will be disappointing for Luck, Barkley and Jones!

Nomad
09-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Well, BTB, Miss St has gotten off to a good start kicking the crap out of Memphis.....and some pundits thought this would be an upset special!:lol:

Nomad
09-02-2011, 03:32 PM
For those interested, here's a tv schedule of college games throughout the season.......I know it's subject to change.

http://lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

MOtorboat
09-02-2011, 03:49 PM
1) Who'll be the national champion? Oklahoma
Landry Jones
NC Game - Oklahoma over Alabama
Rose Bowl - Nebraska over Stanford
Sugar Bowl - Georgia over Boise State (revenge for the Bulldogs)
Orange Bowl - Texas over South Florida
Fiesta Bowl - TCU over Oregon
4) Which storied program is going to have the worst record - Ohio State, Texas, Miami or Notre Dame? Ohio State

Nomad
09-02-2011, 06:46 PM
OH, you think Baylor is going to upset TCU? Pollard from ESPNU thinks so......game on in 15 min. I don't think so, but you know the Big 12 and does TCU have the talent like last year.

West
09-02-2011, 07:04 PM
The summer is almost over and it is time to buckle that chinstrap and get set for college football season. Cooler temps. Coeds in sweaters. Endless fights over who should be #1. Gotta love it.

So, here are some questions while we wait for next Saturday's kickoff week of mostly cupcakes:

4) Which storied program is going to have the worst record - Ohio State, Texas, Miami or Notre Dame?

1. Alabama

The defense will be better than '09's. Returning 4 OLmen, returning the best back in the NCAA.

2. Trent Richardson Alabama

3. I don't know

4. Miami.

Nomad
09-02-2011, 09:35 PM
WOW!:shocked: David Pollard was right......47-23 Baylor over TCU late in
3rd quarter.

Northman
09-02-2011, 09:50 PM
TCU is getting worked. Another reason i hate rankings this early. lol

Northman
09-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Cheap shot by Baylor. Just trying to give the game away now. lol

Nomad
09-02-2011, 10:07 PM
Cheap shot by Baylor. Just trying to give the game away now. lol

:lol:I have a feeling Baylor's gonna have a big choke job!

Northman
09-02-2011, 10:11 PM
:lol:I have a feeling Baylor's gonna have a big choke job!

Yep. Looks that way. They were rolling.

Nomad
09-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Yep. Looks that way. They were rolling.

You know this is nice North.....it's only 7:15 here where as I'd probably be asleep if I still lived in Minot and missing a game like this. I'm not a night person....I use to be 15 yrs ago;):lol:

Northman
09-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Yea, im sometimes a night person but definitely not a early morning person. lol

Northman
09-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Baylor trying to hold on. 50-48 but TCU driving.

Northman
09-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Jesus, this QB for TCU is going to have some trouble this year.

Northman
09-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Lol, yea. The TCU QB is bad. He's been all over the place tonight as he just threw a pick to end the game. Didnt even give his kicker a chance. 50-48 Baylor upsets the *Coughnumber14thrankedteamCough*.

Nomad
09-03-2011, 12:24 AM
I had to go get my younger son from football practice so I missed the end of the game.

Heck of a choke job by Baylor to be up by 24 pts and have TCU take the lead in the 4th. Oh well, Baylor pulled off the upset....good for them.

MOtorboat
09-03-2011, 01:17 AM
I had to go get my younger son from football practice so I missed the end of the game.

Heck of a choke job by Baylor to be up by 24 pts and have TCU take the lead in the 4th. Oh well, Baylor pulled off the upset....good for them.

Not everyone can choke away a game like CU. It's truly an art form.

I missed the game though. Covered a game tonight, No. 2 vs. No. 3 in the state, double OT thriller, came down to a turnover on downs and a field goal. Great game.

I'm so glad football is here.

Nomad
09-03-2011, 10:23 AM
I didn't watch too many CU games last year, they've become :boring:. Hawaii will give them everything they can handle and possibly a loss.

Should be a good day of football! I have the Tiger/Ducks game a toss up....hopefully LSU doesn't start off slow like they usually do because I believe they have to either slow the Ducks or keep ahead of the Ducks pace and Tigers have to score more points to win:D.

Sorry, Dawg fans, Lee Corso chose you guys to beat Boise.....that's like seeing your death before it hits you.

GO COUGS!

Northman
09-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Sadly, i think Corso may be right though. I think the Dawgs win that game.

Northman
09-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Hmm, Auburn finds themselves down to Utah St. early.

Northman
09-03-2011, 06:48 PM
Man, BYU got lucky as shit today. Same with Auburn.

Tned
09-03-2011, 06:50 PM
I thought the Razorback game was 7:00 Central, but it was Eastern. Not that it was going to be much of a game anyway.

Northman
09-03-2011, 06:52 PM
At 20-0 i dont think so either. lol

Northman
09-03-2011, 07:06 PM
I got to say, i LOVE the uniforms that both Georgia and Boise St. are wearing tonight. Freeking awesome.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2011, 07:13 PM
If anyone is going to watch the LSU/Oregon game - you had better be NICE to the Head Referee - ya hear :D

Northman
09-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Im watching that game but right now both teams are nervous as all get out.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2011, 07:50 PM
Im watching that game but right now both teams are nervous as all get out.

Wonder if it is because they are playing the game in "Jerry's Palace" :D

Northman
09-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Good job by Virginia against William and Mary. Not a world beater but we are starting a young QB and a lot of young players and won 40-3.

Also looks like Georgia/Boise St. and LSU/Oregon are settling down now.

Northman
09-03-2011, 08:33 PM
I know a lot of people are down on my pick in my "early" mock draft of South Carolina's Qb Stephen Garcia but he didnt start vs ECU and has given the Cocks the lead with 3 TD's (2 passing, 1 rushing) in the second half. Ironically, Spurrier was quoted as saying the other QB looked better in "practice" yet on gameday look who is playing better? I know, i love Rav but i had to go there.

Northman
09-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Great score for the Broncos, that TE is a BEAST.

Nomad
09-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Wonder if it is because they are playing the game in "Jerry's Palace" :D

Carol......who is that head ref?:ponder::)

LSU getting worked!:tsk:

Northman
09-03-2011, 08:47 PM
LSU winning though and thats all that matters.

Nomad
09-03-2011, 08:51 PM
LSU winning though and thats all that matters.

Yeah, I go "angry fan" and they score :lol:

Boise winning!:tsk: BTW ChampWJ.......the Dawgs unis suck.......they shoulda went old school unis!

Northman
09-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Yeah, I go "angry fan" and they score :lol:

Boise winning!:tsk: BTW ChampWJ.......the Dawgs unis suck.......they shoulda went old school unis!

Actually, i disagree. I LOVE the new dawg uniforms. The old ones are stale and boring.

Northman
09-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Lol, USC barely got by Minny. hahahahahaha, oh man. They are going to struggle this year if they have to play any real team.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2011, 08:59 PM
I agree with Nomad on Georgia's unis - just a little TOO much :eek:

Nomad
09-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Actually, i disagree. I LOVE the new dawg uniforms. The old ones are stale and boring.

I know I'm an old fogey:lol:. Come on Dawgs!

Luck and Stanford lite it up tonight...........it was expected!!

Northman
09-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Lol, Notre Dame lost. Sweet. I love seeing their epic fails.

Northman
09-03-2011, 09:41 PM
I knew LSU was going to give Oregon fits. Auburn gave the blueprint for beating a speed team. I thought Georgia would flex a little more muscle against Boise St. but they are one of the most inconsistent teams of the SEC so not totally shocking they are losing. As talented as Boykin is he should probably not text the opposing teams coach anymore. lol

LSU- 30
Oregon- 13

Boise St. 28
Georgia- 14

MOtorboat
09-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Hansen sucks.

Northman
09-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Hansen sucks.

You watching the Colorado/Hawaii game? Im going to watch some of that after these games.

Northman
09-03-2011, 10:15 PM
Dude, Les Myles is getting WAY to conservative right now.

Northman
09-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Michael Ford just killing Oregon. Nice and convincing win for LSU. Grats Nomad.

MOtorboat
09-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Hansen sucks.

You watching the Colorado/Hawaii game? Im going to watch some of that after these games.

Yeah, I like the philosophy that Embree/Bienemy want to bring, smash-mouth football, but Hansen just is not that type of quarterback. Hell, he's so small that when he goes under center all you can see is his head. Not that that matters when you're just handing off, but still. He's a zone-read QB in a pro-style offense. I think we all know how that goes :(

Northman
09-03-2011, 10:45 PM
Yeah, I like the philosophy that Embree/Bienemy want to bring, smash-mouth football, but Hansen just is not that type of quarterback. Hell, he's so small that when he goes under center all you can see is his head. Not that that matters when you're just handing off, but still. He's a zone-read QB in a pro-style offense. I think we all know how that goes :(

Yea, i dont know how young their RB back is but man on one play he kept running towards the sideline instead of cutting it up and gaining some yards. I know it killed one of their drives but right now CU looks awful.

MOtorboat
09-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Yea, i dont know how young their RB back is but man on one play he kept running towards the sideline instead of cutting it up and gaining some yards. I know it killed one of their drives but right now CU looks awful.

Rodney Stewart has been around a long time...he should be a senior. Good tailback, he should fit well in this system. Tyler Hansen not so much.

MOtorboat
09-03-2011, 11:25 PM
The leading passer during last year's NCAA season has three rushing touchdowns and well over 100 yards on the ground against CU.

Pathetic.

And really? 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty for high-fiving the fans along the side of the end zone? That's terrible.

Thnikkaman
09-04-2011, 12:02 AM
I'm looking forward to Iowa vs. Nebraska.

MOtorboat
09-04-2011, 12:06 AM
I'm looking forward to Iowa vs. Nebraska.

I don't think you're going to enjoy that much.

Northman
09-04-2011, 12:09 AM
I hope Iowa beats Nebraska.

OrangeHoof
09-04-2011, 12:45 PM
It is fun during opening week to see which programs get bit by some podunk school they thought was a cupcake. Oregon St. probably gets this year's award - losing to Sacramento State. Texas Tech was losing to a Southland Conference team in their opener before waking up in the second half and winning in a rout. Utah St. and East Carolina came close against ranked SEC schools but eventually fell.

All in all, a light week but entertaining because we're just so happy to see football back.

Nomad
09-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Shout out to WAZZU.........64-21 win over Idaho St. That's how you beat the cupcakes!:lol:

ChampWJ
09-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Nomad, big win for LSU! As far as the UGA game goes, hated the uniforms but hated the performance even more. New year, same unmotivated, undisciplined team that we are too used to.

Read an interesting quote in an SI article today which really sums up why we are so frustrated as fans.
A program that enjoys as many inherent advantages as Georgia can only spend so much time outside the ranks of the elite without requiring wholesale changes. The Bulldogs receive the bulk of the attention in a state loaded with football talent. Simply by signing the best 25 players in Georgia every year, Georgia should be able to compete for the national title on a regular basis. Instead, the Bulldogs are middle-of-the-pack in their own conference. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andy_staples/09/04/boise.state.georgia/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a14&eref=sihp

Nomad
09-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Nomad, big win for LSU! As far as the UGA game goes, hated the uniforms but hated the performance even more. New year, same unmotivated, undisciplined team that we are too used to.

Read an interesting quote in an SI article today which really sums up why we are so frustrated as fans. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andy_staples/09/04/boise.state.georgia/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a14&eref=sihp

Thanks.....good job by the Tigers!

I grew up respecting the Bulldogs and this seems to be the worst in all my years of watching (at least what I can remember). Reicht probably needs to step down and Bulldogs need a new direction with a new HC.

Nomad
09-04-2011, 04:17 PM
OrangeHoof....wha cha think about this!

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6927204/pac-16-oklahoma-sooners-texas-longhorns-being-dicussed-source-says

jhildebrand
09-04-2011, 06:58 PM

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6927204/pac-16-oklahoma-sooners-texas-longhorns-being-dicussed-source-says

I for one HATE it. Norman and Austin wouldn't fit in with the Pac. Not like CU does.

I also think TX deserves to sit in a a crumbling BIG 12 for their ways with their network. Let them end up being an independent along with BYU and ND. Send OU and A&M to the SEC and let K state, Kansas, Iowa St all figure it out for themselves.

There is a saying: Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. Well, in this case, TX is the hog.

Finally, I would hate for CU to get into the PAC only to turn around and end up having to go back to places like Norman and Austin.

/:rant:

MOtorboat
09-05-2011, 09:11 PM
North, these Maryland uniforms are brutal.

Thnikkaman
09-05-2011, 09:59 PM
I don't think you're going to enjoy that much.

I get to root against Nebraska, what else is there to enjoy?

Nomad
09-05-2011, 10:31 PM

I didn't see the game but looked up the uniforms. They look like something from European soccer.

North's a Virginia Cavs guy so he probably believes Maryland and those unis are made for each other.!:D

OrangeHoof
09-06-2011, 09:13 AM

I don't think UT wants to abandon the Longhorn Network, which they'd have to do to join the Pac-12. That doesn't mean OU wouldn't go along with Okla. St. but the Pac 12 doesn't really want the non-AAU schools if they can't have Texas.

OU won't go to the SEC without Oklahoma St. and/or Texas but Texas doesn't want to join the SEC for the same academic reasons plus giving up their own network.

So, all in all, I don't see a quick leap to a Pac-16 unless Oklahoma is willing to break off from UT and is able to bring along Oklahoma St.

OrangeHoof
09-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Looks like Notre Dame and Miami have grabbed the early lead regarding question 4. Notre Dame has decided to change QBs this Saturday - which could either be seen as an early panic move or a sign that Brian Kelly has a quick hook.

Northman
09-06-2011, 07:29 PM

Dude, your not kidding. Watching the replay now and the Mrs. and i are just like WOW. lol

slim
09-09-2011, 03:25 PM
So, Missouri v. ASU tonight.

Should be a good game.

Nomad
09-09-2011, 04:19 PM

Should be a good game.

go Sun Devils!

Nothing really jumps out this weekend except ESPNradio is really promoting the ND/Michigan game. Perhaps South Carolina/Georgia.....lot of question marks if Georgia is that bad or Boise is that good. NFL steals this weekend with hype!

LSU plays Northwestern St - It'll be disappointing if the Tigers don't beat them by 50+.

Wa State plays UNLV - I would like to see the Cougs put an asswhoopin on the Rebels like they did Idaho St.

weazel
09-09-2011, 04:24 PM

Dont care about the rest of the question but Notre Dame will have the worst record of those teams... and I love it.

MOtorboat
09-09-2011, 04:25 PM

Should be a good game.

Go Devils.

Northman
09-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Dude, ASU's uniforms are awesome. Im digging some of these looks to start the year.

Northman
09-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Solid win for FIU. That boy Hilton is a beast.

Northman
09-10-2011, 12:05 AM
ASU handling their business. Even with all their penalities Mizzou cant stop them.

Devils lead 30-16 in the 4th.

Northman
09-10-2011, 12:17 AM
Ooooh Tigers not done yet. ASU shooting themselves in the foot with a fumble and then more special penalties.

30-23 Devils with 12:00 remaining in the 4th.

Nomad
09-10-2011, 12:56 AM
slim, Sun Devils are disappointing! They're going to OT but they had this game before they unfolded.

Northman
09-10-2011, 04:16 AM
ASU still got it done in OT, they win 37-30 but my god both teams were crazy retarded with penalties last night.

MOtorboat
09-10-2011, 09:52 AM
ASU still got it done in OT, they win 37-30 but my god both teams were crazy retarded with penalties last night.

Didn't stay up, but I heard Pinkel did some Pinkel things.

Northman
09-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Dude! How on earth is Toledo beating Ohio St? Lmao!!!!!!!!!!

Wow.

Northman
09-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Irish kicking Michigan's ass early. Up 14-0 and just intercepted Robinson.

lgenf
09-10-2011, 08:32 PM
Georgia and South Carolina put on one hell of a game tonight

Northman
09-10-2011, 09:14 PM
My god.

UVA was up 23-10 on Indiana and all of a sudden went on a turnover streak to allow them back in the game and now trail 31-23. ******* retards.

Northman
09-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Thank the lord UVA was able to pull it out. Such a frustrating team but they got it done 34-31. 2-0 but this game should of never been this close.

Northman
09-10-2011, 10:20 PM
So far neither the Irish nor the Wolverines can decide who wants the game more. Michigan has the ball with 2 minutes left with a chance to win trailing 24-21.

Northman
09-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Wow, Irish score with 30 seconds left to take a 31-28 lead on Michigan. But the Wolves have 2 timeouts and 30 seconds.

Northman
09-10-2011, 10:37 PM
8 seconds and Michigan is going to try to score a TD then kick if necessary.

Holy COW. Michigan just scored a TD. Flag but pass interference on Irish. Michigan wins lol.

35-31

Nomad
09-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Mich/ND was a classic game to watch.

I didn't watch the game but on the ESPN ticker, I was surprised to see Fresno St give Neb a tough game

:tsk:LSU only scored 49......didn't get over 50:lol:

WAZZU did what I asked......they put an asswhoopin on UNLV, now if they can do this in conference. 121 points scored in the last 2 games and didn't get to watch.

Bulldogs/Gamecocks was a fun game to watch.......ChampWJ, where were those Dawgs last week. Congrats Skinny!:salute:

BigDaddyBronco
09-12-2011, 09:14 AM
New Mexico got killed by Arkansas. Not surprising.

Arkansas also beat New Mexico in the number of people with diabetes and the number of toothless women. Go Hogs!!!

slim
09-12-2011, 12:00 PM
slim, Sun Devils are disappointing! They're going to OT but they had this game before they unfolded.

Yeah, they are idiots on the field. Stupid penalties galore.

I'm glad they won, but the fact they let the 14 point lead slip away really chaps my ass.

OrangeHoof
09-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Not unexpectedly, Texas is making changes on offense. Case McCoy, younger brother of Colt McCoy will start Saturday against UCLA in place of Garrett Gilbert who was ineffective against BYU (2-for-8 with 2 picks). Freshman David Ash will also see a lot of action.

At tailback, freshman Malcolm Brown will start instead of senior Fozzy Whittaker. Basically, the second team offense was outperforming the starting unit the first two weeks and it was time for a change.

Brown has pro potential and it showed in the way he got extra yardage to extend late-game drives when Texas needed to run out the clock.

BigDaddyBronco
09-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Boy, BYU sure has the Big-12's number. I want BYU to fail badly as they abonded the Mtn West to become the Mormon Notre Dame. Problem is, non Catholics will watch Notre Dame due to their history, how many non-Mormons will watch BYU?

ChampWJ
09-13-2011, 02:44 PM
Bulldogs/Gamecocks was a fun game to watch.......ChampWJ, where were those Dawgs last week. Congrats Skinny!:salute:

The ones that made just enough mistakes to lose a game where they outplayed their opponent? At least they didn't roll over and quit after a couple breaks didn't go their way like they usually do. Even Spurrier knows Georgia should've won that game.

UGA Football 2008-11: The Gift that keeps on giving

Nomad
09-15-2011, 03:30 PM
LSU/Miss St tonight!! - I see this as a toss up game because it's in the Bulldogs backyard. GO TIGERS!

Northman
09-15-2011, 03:31 PM
Will be a good game. LSU wins though.

Nomad
09-15-2011, 03:34 PM
Will be a good game. LSU wins though.

I like the sound of that:beer:! I'll miss it because my older son has a JV game tonight!

OrangeHoof
09-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Don't know if they'll have it on at the office tonight but it would be cool to have it on.

Nomad
09-16-2011, 04:09 PM
Don't know if they'll have it on at the office tonight but it would be cool to have it on.

I assume it was a decent game......LSU's defense showed up.

Texas/UCLA for you!

For you CO folks......I don't here much noise about the Rocky Mtn Showdown....CU/CSU.

I don't think WAZZU plays this weekend.

Arizona will be the first real test for Luck this season.

Nomad
09-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Sortof Part II that is....he's the nephew!:lol: I like his confidence!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Dylan-Favre-just-wants-an-opportunity-and-he-w;_ylt=AuuHpqZtWicT745Sg1pWh5I5nYcB?urn=ncaaf-wp6382

slim
09-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Not much on tonight. At least not here.

Boise State v. Toledo

Iowa State v. Conn

Hmmmm....hopefully there is some good softcore on cinemax tonight.

MOtorboat
09-17-2011, 10:38 AM
The Maryland unis aren't as bad this week, but they still aren't pretty North.

Watching Iowa-Pitt and Auburn-Clemson early, but CU-CSU is on in about two hours.

Found this for comprehensive TV listings. I used to have a better one, but this one seems OK...

http://www.nationalchamps.net/2011/sub/tvlistings/index.htm

Northman
09-17-2011, 12:31 PM
The Maryland unis aren't as bad this week, but they still aren't pretty North.

Not watching the game right now but watching the scores. At least their losing which is good. :laugh:

MOtorboat
09-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Not watching the game right now but watching the scores. At least their losing which is good. :laugh:

I thought you were a Maryland fan...

Northman
09-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Nah, i live in MD but im actually a Virginia Cavalier fan.

MOtorboat
09-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Ah...

Iowa's offense really blows.

Northman
09-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Ah...

Iowa's offense really blows.

Have not seen a game of theirs yet this year. Didnt they lose to Iowa St. last week?

MOtorboat
09-17-2011, 01:11 PM
Have not seen a game of theirs yet this year. Didnt they lose to Iowa St. last week?

Somehow they scored 44 points. Today they can barely make a first down. Vandeberg (Sp?) is just brutal. He's missing recievers by five yards.

MOtorboat
09-17-2011, 02:27 PM
2:30 to play in the game, 2nd and 2 from your opponents 45 yard line and you're leading by 14. What do you do?

Pistol formation, with loaded FB/HB, who goes in looping motion behind your quarterback before the snap to the pistol quarterback who hands off to the I-Back for a one yard loss.

Spread offenses drive me nuts. Line up under center and run a power or an iso...

"But that's not our offense..."

Make it your offense. You'll win more games...

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Will anyone be watching Oklahoma/Florida St - besides me, for an obvious reason? :elefant:

Northman
09-17-2011, 03:02 PM
Well, i dont have a dog in that fight like you Carol but i will be watching. Will be a good game. :)

MOtorboat
09-17-2011, 03:13 PM
I love Nebraska running option out of the I...

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Well, i dont have a dog in that fight like you Carol but i will be watching. Will be a good game. :)

No North - not dog in that fight, I have the "head man" in that fight:D

OrangeHoof
09-17-2011, 05:58 PM
Will anyone be watching Oklahoma/Florida St - besides me, for an obvious reason? :elefant:

Carol, your boy must be good because he's getting some primo assignments this year - his second prime time game in three weeks.

I'm packing for a move but I'll have the tv on and I'll turn my head to look when there's a big play.

Texas just beat UCLA in SoCal. That game means a lot to the Longhorns because UCLA has buried them in the past three meetings. They're now 3-0 and have looked better each week - not perfect but better. They're probably ranked about where they ought to be.

OrangeHoof
09-17-2011, 07:22 PM
THE Ohio State trails Da U, 14-0, in the second qtr in the Suspension Bowl.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2011, 07:33 PM
Carol, your boy must be good because he's getting some primo assignments this year - his second prime time game in three weeks.

I'm packing for a move but I'll have the tv on and I'll turn my head to look when there's a big play.

Texas just beat UCLA in SoCal. That game means a lot to the Longhorns because UCLA has buried them in the past three meetings. They're now 3-0 and have looked better each week - not perfect but better. They're probably ranked about where they ought to be.

Thanks - so far he has had a very favorable schedule.

Northman
09-17-2011, 08:10 PM
So far Landry Jones hasnt really impressed me too much.

OrangeHoof
09-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Miami leads Ohio St., 17-6, start of 2nd half.

Oklahoma just kicked a FG to go up, 10-3, on Florida St. Carol, tell your boy to call more penalties on OU.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2011, 08:41 PM

Oklahoma just kicked a FG to go up, 10-3, on Florida St. Carol, tell your boy to call more penalties on OU.

Next week, he has Oklahoma St. at Texas A&M - should I tell him to call more penalties on A&M?:D

MOtorboat
09-17-2011, 09:40 PM
This true freshman quarterback for FSU has some moxie. Not necessarily a ton of tools, he's short and he weighs about a 100 pounds, but he's composed and he's reading blitz packages well. He's not quite making the throws, but I'm impressed.

Nomad
09-18-2011, 12:44 AM
I guess WAZZU did have a game....they lost to SDSU in SD!:tsk:

Luck's looked pretty damned good tonight.......actually the whole team looked good especially being on the road.

OrangeHoof
09-18-2011, 10:10 AM
Next week, he has Oklahoma St. at Texas A&M - should I tell him to call more penalties on A&M?:D

Nah. I really don't give a flip about A&M anymore.

OrangeHoof
09-18-2011, 10:15 AM
The rankings ought to get a shakeup after Saturday's results although the top four will probably stay the same.

Surprise result you probably didn't hear about:

Louisiana Tech had a 34-7 lead on the University of Houston at home late in the third quarter only to watch Case Keenum pull off 28 unanswered points to escape with a 35-34 win.

CoachChaz
09-18-2011, 11:17 AM

Ummm.....no!

OrangeHoof
09-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Pitt and Syracuse are leaving for the ACC and rumors are that Rutgers and UConn may follow quickly to get ACC to 16.

Reports are that the Pac-12 is trying to work out a deal that will let Texas join and keep the Longhorn Network which would expand to 16 with Oklahoma, Oklahoma St. and Texas Tech.

So, if the ACC gets to 16 and the Pac-12 goes to 16, the Big East and Big XII are essentially dead with 7 open spots left on the table, three in the SEC and four in the Big 10.

Notre Dame and Missouri are the two biggest prizes left with West Virginia, Kansas, TCU, Baylor, Boise St., Kansas St., Cincinnati, Louisville, USF and BYU hoping for a place to land.

Nomad
09-18-2011, 07:36 PM
SEC screwed the pooch not trying to nab OU and Okie St. PAC 16 will be very interesting..........poor WAZZU!:(

SiouxperBronco
09-20-2011, 12:40 AM
Heard that Colorado and three other Pac 12 schools will vote to reject any potential application by Texas

MOtorboat
09-20-2011, 08:15 AM
The best web site for college football TV listings...

http://mattsarzsports.com/football2011.aspx

CoachChaz
09-20-2011, 08:24 AM
Heard that Colorado and three other Pac 12 schools will vote to reject any potential application by Texas

Most likely because of the legalized recruiting tool that is the Longhorn Network. It's the main reason A&M left and why OU and TT want out. Dont believe the media hype that the Big 12 schools voted to not try to stop it last year. The same schools leaving now were wanting out then as well for the same reasons

BigDaddyBronco
09-20-2011, 09:10 AM
Pitt and Syracuse are leaving for the ACC and rumors are that Rutgers and UConn may follow quickly to get ACC to 16.

Reports are that the Pac-12 is trying to work out a deal that will let Texas join and keep the Longhorn Network which would expand to 16 with Oklahoma, Oklahoma St. and Texas Tech.

So, if the ACC gets to 16 and the Pac-12 goes to 16, the Big East and Big XII are essentially dead with 7 open spots left on the table, three in the SEC and four in the Big 10.

Notre Dame and Missouri are the two biggest prizes left with West Virginia, Kansas, TCU, Baylor, Boise St., Kansas St., Cincinnati, Louisville, USF and BYU hoping for a place to land.

I would think Kansas and Missouri try and go to the ACC, UCONN wants to go there as well. West Virginia wants to go to the SEC. Boise St. will stay in the Mtn West, TCU might cancel it's moce to the Big East and stay in the Mtn West. BYU wants to stay an independent due to it's own TV network, Notre Dame still has the NBC deal. Baylor has talked with the Big East.

Either way this is a big mess. The NCAA and BCS are destroying college football. They should blow this system up, have the TV networks deal directly with the NCAA, who should install a playoff system with regional conferences. This whole thing has gotten totally out of hand.

CoachChaz
09-20-2011, 09:17 AM
I would think Kansas and Missouri try and go to the ACC, UCONN wants to go there as well. West Virginia wants to go to the SEC. Boise St. will stay in the Mtn West, TCU might cancel it's moce to the Big East and stay in the Mtn West. BYU wants to stay an independent due to it's own TV network, Notre Dame still has the NBC deal. Baylor has talked with the Big East.

Either way this is a big mess. The NCAA and BCS are destroying college football. They should blow this system up, have the TV networks deal directly with the NCAA, who should install a playoff system with regional conferences. This whole thing has gotten totally out of hand.

Unfortunately, there is money involved...and that changes EVERYTHING. It reminds me a lot of our government.

BigDaddyBronco
09-20-2011, 09:20 AM
Unfortunately, there is money involved...and that changes EVERYTHING. It reminds me a lot of our government.
Yea, I just think it would be better for the game if they adopted an NFL approach and spread the TV money around. If this gets worse, they should just create another division in college football for the non BCS, Div 1 schools.

Nomad
09-20-2011, 02:35 PM

Boise St will be praying as well:lol: but they have things to fix such as academics and logistics! Pac 12 is their only shot at a superconference. I don't blame the schools voting down Texas.

BigDaddyBronco
09-20-2011, 04:18 PM
On a lighter note. New Mexico got beat by Texas Tech 59-13. The Texas Tech QB completed 45 of 50 for 446 yards. His 90% completion percentage set a record.

I think UNM should shut down it's football program now. When does basketball season begin.

Nomad
09-20-2011, 05:36 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see West Virginia get an invite to SEC.

Good games this weekend........

Arkansas@Alabama -Always a good game!

Okie St@Texas A&M - Future Pac 16 vs SEC!:D

Cal@UW - good PAC 12 matchup!

CU@Ohio State - Buffs are part of the Pac now, so they need my support except for next weekend!:D

LSU@West Virginia - This game concerns me! GO TIGERS!

***QB watch......add on if I forget someone.....

-Luck - I believe no game

-Landry - vs Missouri

-Barkely- vs Az State

-Foles - vs Oregon

-Lindley - vs Michigan

Northman
09-20-2011, 05:38 PM
I love College Football like you guys but dont follow it THAT closely. Why is there so much moving around or "wanting" to move around this year? Ive heard that a couple of more teams want to join the ACC. Why is everyone trying to move so much now?

Nomad
09-20-2011, 05:41 PM
I love College Football like you guys but dont follow it THAT closely. Why is there so much moving around or "wanting" to move around this year? Ive heard that a couple of more teams want to join the ACC. Why is everyone trying to move so much now?

I assume they want a piece of the pie....I really don't know. Texas's arrogance and greed is causing the big 12 to break up but as far as the east I don't know. All I know is there is gonna be many teams from these conferences looking for conference homes. And alot of the blame is being put on Texas because of the moves they made and I don't believe the PAC wants them!

Northman
09-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Im going to do some upset picks;

I like Arizona at home vs Oregon. Dont know why but the cats generally play very well at home.

I also like the Clemson at home vs the Seminoles.

And finally, i like the Sun Devils against USC.

OrangeHoof
09-20-2011, 07:15 PM
West Virginia says that the ACC and the SEC both turned them down flat on applying for membership. That might be a little extra incentive for them when they host LSU this Saturday.

Oklahoma, it is reported, is willing to stay in the Big XII with Texas but only if Beebe is fired and Texas makes some changes to the Longhorn Network. I think this is a smart position. OU is clearly in the drivers seat over whether the Big XII collapses or survives and they are telling Texas "you want to stay in the Big XII? How much is it worth to ya?"

If OU and Texas agree to keep the Big XII together, it puts the brakes on the superconference talk for awhile longer. They'll add a few new schools to replace the defectors and life will largely go on.

A Missouri booster claims the SEC has already invited Missouri but that they won't leave until they see if the Big XII collapses.

Also, the remaining football-playing Big East teams are planning to meet to decide their futures. TCU is attending. UConn is not.

Nomad
09-21-2011, 12:42 PM
Maybe so Orangehoof! Boise St has a chance if the Big 12 stays intact because Pac 12 said yesterday.....they aren't expanding (though SEC said the same thing). And if the Big East folds, I don't see how TCU isn't invited to the Big 12.taking the place of A&M.

Very interesting times in college football......hell, looking at some schedules, CU/NEB doesn't even play this year!

Buff
09-22-2011, 11:53 AM
What if everything worked like the BCS?

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/5b71736cf4/what-if-everything-worked-like-the-bcs-the-spelling-bee

It's a little long, but sort of funny and underscores how ridiculous the BCS is.

Nomad
09-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Pretty good, Buff!

I'm all for the a playoff because it would solve most of the doubt. The way I view it is like climbing a mountain. Most teams in the top BCS conferences teams have to climb the mountain from start to finish...taking breaks from time to time with cupcakes, while teams like Boise St and TCU start off by climbing (playing Oregon or this year Georgia) then catch the gondola to the top. Yes, they've beaten what comes in front of them but could they do it on a weekly basis in Oct and Nov. I hope one day Boise and TCU (Big East will not be there in a couple yrs) get into a BCS conference (MWC :lol: not) I hope the Big 12 stays intact and adds those 2 teams and if they continue their success then they'll win a cookie and doubters like me will have to s t f u. I will give TCU their credit because they manhandled a tough Wisconsin team last year.

Overall, the BCS is what it is.

Thnikkaman
09-22-2011, 01:19 PM
Pretty good, Buff!

I'm all for the a playoff because it would solve most of the doubt. The way I view it is like climbing a mountain. Most teams in the top BCS conferences teams have to climb the mountain from start to finish...taking breaks from time to time with cupcakes, while teams like Boise St and TCU start off by climbing (playing Oregon or this year Georgia) then catch the gondola to the top. Yes, they've beaten what comes in front of them but could they do it on a weekly basis in Oct and Nov. I hope one day Boise and TCU (Big East will not be there in a couple yrs) get into a BCS conference (MWC :lol: not) I hope the Big 12 stays intact and adds those 2 teams and if they continue their success then they'll win a cookie and doubters like me will have to s t f u. I will give TCU their credit because they manhandled a tough Wisconsin team last year.

It's all relative to your video, but it would be like saying the graduates from CU are on the same plateau as the graduates from Havard.

So you are in favor of the little girl moving to a different neighborhood in order to win the spelling bee.

You are what is wrong with America. :D

Nomad
09-22-2011, 01:26 PM
So you are in favor of the little girl moving to a different neighborhood in order to win the spelling bee.

You are what is wrong with America. :D

I would say give her harder words like the boy and they could have a rematch!;):D

CoachChaz
09-22-2011, 01:30 PM
West Virginia says that the ACC and the SEC both turned them down flat on applying for membership. That might be a little extra incentive for them when they host LSU this Saturday.

Oklahoma, it is reported, is willing to stay in the Big XII with Texas but only if Beebe is fired and Texas makes some changes to the Longhorn Network. I think this is a smart position. OU is clearly in the drivers seat over whether the Big XII collapses or survives and they are telling Texas "you want to stay in the Big XII? How much is it worth to ya?"

If OU and Texas agree to keep the Big XII together, it puts the brakes on the superconference talk for awhile longer. They'll add a few new schools to replace the defectors and life will largely go on.

A Missouri booster claims the SEC has already invited Missouri but that they won't leave until they see if the Big XII collapses.

Also, the remaining football-playing Big East teams are planning to meet to decide their futures. TCU is attending. UConn is not.

Beebe should have been fired long ago. He is the reason the Big 12 is collapsing.

I dont see Texas...better yet, ESPN...making changes to the Longhorn Network.

I know these are football decisions, but the ACC basketball tourney is going to be fun. Duke, UNC, Pitt, Syracuse and UConn. Crazy

OrangeHoof
09-23-2011, 11:42 AM
Once the Pac-12 put their foot down (for now), everything changed. OU decided to stay put which means OSU and Texas Tech are staying put which means Missouri says they're staying put which means the SEC must find somebody else (and they've already ix-nayed West Virginia). Texas is apparently not willing to share the Longhorn Network but they are willing to share more of their Fox package than before.

As long as there are five major conferences, you can't have the neat, orderly playoff. There was a carrot for conferences to get to 12 schools (the $$$ from a conference championship game) but there's no compelling reason to get to 16 teams or even 14 for that matter, except this game of chicken about superconferences.

The Big XII says they would now be happy at 10 (so fer pete's sake, please change your name).

Drip, drip, drip.

Nomad
09-23-2011, 11:50 AM
So OH, you don't think if the Big East folds, the Big 12 goes after TCU and Boise St finally gets their chance at a Big conference. Perhaps no conference is interested in Boise because what do they have to offer other than football.

OrangeHoof
09-23-2011, 03:10 PM
They're not interested in Boise because its too far to fly to and there are too few tv sets in Idaho to care about. The Big XII is not interested in TCU because they already have the DFW tv market dominated. Although I can see them adding U. of Houston because Houston is more A&M country than Longhorn country.

BYU makes sense but only if you add another western school for travel reasons. The Big XII might poach Louisville or Cincinnati to expand their footprint.

Nomad
09-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Houston huh! I guess it makes sense but they're no real threat to the conference big boys.

I'm surprised LSU/WVU got the nod for the primetime game over the Okie St/Texas A&M game.

Buff
09-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Pretty good, Buff!

It's all relative to your video, but it would be like saying the graduates from CU are on the same plateau as the graduates from Havard.

I don't see any problem comparing CU graduates to Harvard grads. :confused:

Nomad
09-23-2011, 08:26 PM
I don't see any problem comparing CU graduates to Harvard grads. :confused:

Yeah, I should of thought the analogy out a little better.....my apologies Buff!

Northman
09-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Man, UCF has choked away this game. Some very stupid turnovers down the stretch.

Northman
09-23-2011, 10:16 PM
That Qb for UCF is a moron. lmao. Wow.

BYU beats the Knights. UCF should of stuck with the freshman QB.

Nomad
09-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Morgantown looked crazy on the GameDay Show. LSU is gonna have a rough game.....I just feel it. Mountaineers gave the Tigers a tough game in BR last year with WVU losing 20-14. I hope Miles leaves his arrogance in BR and the Tigers show up and win! GO TIGERS!

I'm actually not much of a Big 12 guy but the Okie St/A&M game looks to be a good high scoring game.

MOtorboat
09-24-2011, 11:33 AM
None of these early games excite me at all.

MOtorboat
09-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Tommy Rees is terrible, and it looks like he was arguing with his receivers on the sideline. That's not a good sign.

Northman
09-24-2011, 12:40 PM
Lol, Maryland is getting spanked by Temple 28-0 in the 2nd quarter. hahahahahaa

Nomad
09-24-2011, 12:47 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Houston Nutt get canned at Ole Miss....they look pathetic.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-24-2011, 12:47 PM
Lol, Maryland is getting spanked by Temple 28-0 in the 2nd quarter. hahahahahaa

You're kidding me!?

I'm stoked; I get to take my 14 year old to the Boise game this evening. We'll probably head to the Ramhorn and eat (I'll partake of one of their IPA's), then walk up the street to the game.

It'll probably be over by the second quarter, but game day is still a blast in downtown Boise.

Nomad
09-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Here's a pretty cool site and you can find out future non-conference opponents for your team.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/sec/lsu-tigers.php

Who the hell is Towson? And Idaho??? Tigers really:tsk:.....put some meat in that schedule!!

MOtorboat
09-24-2011, 01:06 PM
You're kidding me!?

I'm stoked; I get to take my 14 year old to the Boise game this evening. We'll probably head to the Ramhorn and eat (I'll partake of one of their IPA's), then walk up the street to the game.

It'll probably be over by the second quarter, but game day is still a blast in downtown Boise.

Does the Ramhorn still have the "Idahoans for Nebraska" flag hanging over the main bar?

Nomad
09-24-2011, 01:14 PM
This is funny!:laugh: They'll burn the town down win or lose.

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201109222535

MOtorboat
09-24-2011, 01:19 PM
This is funny!:laugh: They'll burn the town down win or lose.

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201109222535

West ******* Virginia.

CoachChaz
09-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Ryan Lindley proving once again that he has the accuracy of Helen Keller

Nomad
09-24-2011, 02:27 PM
Georgia should be blowing Ole Miss out of the water in this game!

Alabama/Arkansas game should be a good one!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Does the Ramhorn still have the "Idahoans for Nebraska" flag hanging over the main bar?

I'll check and let you know. I live in west Meridian, so I rarely go that part of Boise to eat. The Ram has a place on Eagle Rd now, so I usually go there if I want to eat, watch a game, and have a beer or three.

You must be familiar with the area...? I don't think the Ramhorn is anywhere else, is it?

MOtorboat
09-24-2011, 03:08 PM
I'll check and let you know. I live in west Meridian, so I rarely go that part of Boise to eat. The Ram has a place on Eagle Rd now, so I usually go there if I want to eat, watch a game, and have a beer or three.

You must be familiar with the area...? I don't think the Ramhorn is anywhere else, is it?

Nearly 10 years ago. I helped move a friend there during college. It was the first sports bar we came across downtown, we had a few beers one afternoon, and then went back there the next night. Having a Nebraska drivers license back then, the bartender automatically thought we were Nebraska fans and told us they were an "official watch spot."

MOtorboat
09-24-2011, 03:09 PM
Disasterous start for the Buffs.

Buff
09-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Disasterous start for the Buffs.

As usual... This team is a joke on the road - almost comically bad.

CoachChaz
09-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Aggies starting hot!

MOtorboat
09-24-2011, 03:50 PM
As usual... This team is a joke on the road - almost comically bad.

I shouldn't expect much because Hansen isn't the quarterback Embry and Bienemy want, but this is just ridiculous...

As I type this the blind squirrel has found a nut.

And what is up with abandoning the run already? Stewart is their best offensive weapon (yes, over Richardson...and dammit, catch that TD...but what a duck of a pass)

MOtorboat
09-24-2011, 03:52 PM
I would LOVE to see CU pull out the Power-I Triple Option with Hansen and Stewart...just a few times a game.

Northman
09-24-2011, 04:08 PM
So far Clemson doing exactly what i thought they would.

OrangeHoof
09-24-2011, 04:59 PM
A truly underwhelming schedule today. Hopefully, LSU-WVU is a good game for four quarters. I'm not really rooting one side over the other. I just want some entertainment.

Nomad
09-24-2011, 05:01 PM
Scott did a good job explaining that touchdown, Carol.

I'm flipping through 3 games......exhausting.:lol:

Nomad
09-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Aggies starting hot!

They're chilling out quick!

Nomad
09-24-2011, 05:09 PM
It looks really hot down there in the A&M game.....nice and comfy here, mid 50s fall type weather.

MOtorboat
09-24-2011, 05:13 PM
A truly underwhelming schedule today. Hopefully, LSU-WVU is a good game for four quarters. I'm not really rooting one side over the other. I just want some entertainment.

A&M-Okie State game heating up. Other than that not much today. The ND-Pitt game was close, but it was downright pathetic to watch.

Clemson-FSU not too bad.

MOtorboat
09-24-2011, 05:14 PM
One point game with Washington over Cal right now too.

CoachChaz
09-24-2011, 05:16 PM
A bad turnover, DC not getting plays in and a really bad PI call. Killing us right now. Other than Texas, this is the one game I hate to lose. Cant stand Mike Gundy and 90% of the players he coaches

Nomad
09-24-2011, 05:16 PM
One point game with Washington over Cal right now too.

Me and my son are mostly watching this game!

WTF's up with A&M?!?

Nomad
09-24-2011, 05:18 PM
Blackmon's a dumbass:laugh:

What's up with the diva WO's from Okie St

MOtorboat
09-24-2011, 05:19 PM
OMG, Blackmon just fumbled it through the end zone on a clear TD.

And Nomad, I just turned over to this game, so don't know.

CoachChaz
09-24-2011, 05:21 PM
I have no delusions of competing for a BCS game. Schedule is too tough to run it. Id just like to see Sherman fired and DeRuyter given the HC job

Nomad
09-24-2011, 05:21 PM

I was just speaking out loud!

Jesus..... A&M killing themselves!

CoachChaz
09-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Blackmon's a dumbass:laugh:

What's up with the diva WO's from Okie St

Its the Gundy Effect

CoachChaz
09-24-2011, 05:24 PM

I was just speaking out loud!

Jesus..... A&M killing themselves!

Thats the Sherman Effect. Up 10 points...defense just spent 8 minutes on the field...running for about 7 yards per carry...

...pass, pass, pass

Nomad
09-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Good defensive stand for the Aggies there, Chaz! Offense has to help them out......I'm rootin for them.

CoachChaz
09-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Sherman will screw it up

Nomad
09-24-2011, 05:35 PM
You gotta get lower nowadays Mr. Announcer.

BTW, Carol, Scott needs to hit the weightroom:couch::D

Northman
09-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Clemson becoming too relaxed.

Nomad
09-24-2011, 05:52 PM
Cal/UW about to hit OT, if Cal scores td & 2 pt con!

Nomad
09-24-2011, 05:55 PM
UW wins!

Nomad
09-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Aggies don't seem interested in winning this game....they need to pick it up a little!

Buff
09-24-2011, 06:04 PM
CU might be the worst BCS team in America. Just awful.

Northman
09-24-2011, 07:06 PM
Aggies let that one slip away. Colorado? Are they even relevant anymore?

Buff
09-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Aggies let that one slip away. Colorado? Are they even relevant anymore?

Just twist the knife, dick.

Seriously though, we haven't been relevant since 2001. And unfortunately there is more pain to endure before it gets any better. Absolutely brutal schedule this year.

Nomad
09-24-2011, 07:13 PM
I don't feel this game is gonna go well for my Tigers....I can't beat this pessimism no matter the beers:lol:

Nomad
09-24-2011, 07:51 PM
Mizzou 14-3 on OU.....rc is none too happy!

Nomad
09-24-2011, 08:18 PM
LSU makes me want to go buy a 5th of Jack!:tsk:

Northman
09-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Is there anyway we can draft #7 from LSU? Pretty please with sugar on top?

Nomad
09-24-2011, 09:44 PM
LSU makes me want to go buy a 5th of Jack!:tsk:

I repeat.....^^^^^^^^^^^^^!

LSU unfolding against the Hillbillies!:tsk:

BTW, LSU pass rush looks as bad as the BRONCOS:tsk:

Northman
09-24-2011, 10:40 PM
LOL,

Barkley with a INT down in the redzone. Come on Devils!

Northman
09-24-2011, 10:45 PM
Kick ass,

Devils up 21-3 now.

Nomad
09-24-2011, 10:48 PM
LSU may come out with the win but their defense got worked....over 550 yds is unacceptable!

Nomad
09-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Kick ass,

Devils up 21-3 now.

Go Sun Devils......Barkley O V E R R A T E D...clap..clap....claaaclap!!!

Northman
09-24-2011, 10:51 PM
LSU may come out with the win but their defense got worked....over 550 yds is unacceptable!

Meh, WVU isnt a joke on offense so im not shocked. But LSU did it what was necessary and got it done.

Northman
09-24-2011, 10:54 PM
I hope we do not draft Barkley. He is worse than Orton in the redzone.

Nomad
09-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Meh, WVU isnt a joke on offense so im not shocked. But LSU did it what was necessary and got it done.

I guess we look at it differently...last year the Tigers held them to 177 yards and tonight over 550 yrds. Pash rush and tackling was inept tonight, though they pull out a big win in Morgantown....and I'll take it.

Northman
09-24-2011, 11:10 PM
I guess we look at it differently...last year the Tigers held them to 177 yards and tonight over 550 yrds. Pash rush and tackling was inept tonight, though they pull out a big win in Morgantown....and I'll take it.

But see giving up a lot of yards means nothing really. Its what you do on the scoreboard. Its not giving up the ball (UVA had 3 Ints today vs Southern Miss). LSU may not look pretty but 3 road wins against ranked teams is impressive for me.

Timmy!
09-25-2011, 12:00 AM
Dear Cheese, please comment on the montana grizzlies. Tia.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Northman
09-25-2011, 12:26 AM
Another Sun Devil TD. Woot!

36-22 Devil's.

So far im 2-1 in my upset picks (if the ASU score holds) but the Arizona Wildcats are trying to get back in it with Oregon.

Northman
09-25-2011, 12:31 AM
Lmao, nice chokejob Barkley. hahahahaahahahahahahaa

43-22 Sun Devil's.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-25-2011, 01:07 AM
Nearly 10 years ago. I helped move a friend there during college. It was the first sports bar we came across downtown, we had a few beers one afternoon, and then went back there the next night. Having a Nebraska drivers license back then, the bartender automatically thought we were Nebraska fans and told us they were an "official watch spot."

I looked at all of the banners in the bar and didn't see anything. Boise fans must have made an uproar. :laugh: They would be silly not to be highly supportive of Boise considering all of the business they get on game day. It was actually pretty cool to eat on the patio, have a couple of really good beers, then walk up the green belt to Broadway and head over to the stadium, and not have to pay for parking.

Tned
09-25-2011, 07:04 AM
I watched the start of the Arkansas game on my phone at our company picnic, and finished at home, but didn't get on BF last night.

Well, Arkansas really isn't ready for primetime. That game was disappointing.

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 07:08 AM
I watched the start of the Arkansas game on my phone at our company picnic, and finished at home, but didn't get on BF last night.

Well, Arkansas really isn't ready for primetime. That game was disappointing.

I think the outcome of that game is more of a representation of how good Alabama is, rather than an indictment of Arkansas.

Skinny
09-25-2011, 07:33 AM
The loss of Kniles Davis was a big blow for Arky.

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 10:46 AM
RT @DrSaturday According to the official NCAA box score, Arizona State QB Brock Osweiler was credited with a sack against USC. http://t.co/vNCd0nq9

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/worksheet.jsp?year=2011&game=201100000002820110924.xml

Northman
09-25-2011, 11:04 AM
RT @DrSaturday According to the official NCAA box score, Arizona State QB Brock Osweiler was credited with a sack against USC. http://t.co/vNCd0nq9

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/worksheet.jsp?year=2011&game=201100000002820110924.xml

Thats awesome.

BroncoJoe
09-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Go Buffs. Ug.

OrangeHoof
09-25-2011, 03:58 PM
AP pushes LSU up to #1. I'm cool with LSU and hate Oklahoma but I think a #1 team ought to stay there until they lose. This might be the worst thing that could happen to the Tigers going into SEC play. They'll have a bigger bullseye on their back and they lack the maturity to focus on business.

Northman
09-25-2011, 04:23 PM
AP pushes LSU up to #1. I'm cool with LSU and hate Oklahoma but I think a #1 team ought to stay there until they lose. This might be the worst thing that could happen to the Tigers going into SEC play. They'll have a bigger bullseye on their back and they lack the maturity to focus on business.

Yes and no. While it will put more pressure on LSU to keep winning, if they lose they wont drop too far unless they lose a handful of games.

Nomad
09-26-2011, 09:53 AM
I don't like the #1 tagged on LSU especially going into the game against Kentucky. The Cats usually play the Tigers tough.

Northman
09-26-2011, 09:55 AM
Dude, if Florida trounced Kentucky LSU should do the same. Kentucky is nothing.

Nomad
09-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Dude, if Florida trounced Kentucky LSU should do the same. Kentucky is nothing.

I thought the game was at Kentucky where LSU won in 2002 know as the 'Bluegrass Miracle" and lost in 2007.

The game is in Baton Rouge where the Tigers have shut them out the last 2 times in blowouts.

Buff
09-29-2011, 09:09 PM
CU's former all-world RB recruit Darrell Scott is playing for USF on ESPN right now. He's looked pretty good this year - definitely not as good as he was expected to be coming out of HS - but a guy who could help the Buffs right now. Too bad Dan Hawkins ran out of town.

Nomad
09-30-2011, 04:52 PM
My matchups of the weekend.......

- Texas A&M vs Arkansas - A&M's first game as an SEC member and it should be a good one. Also big game to start off CFB Saturday.

- Kentucky @ LSU - GO TIGERS!

- Wash St @ Colorado - GO COUGS!

- Clemson @ Va Tech - I usually never pay attention to ACC but Clemson is a school that could potentially have a future in the SEC plus seems like a solid matchup.

- Washington @ Utah - I like both schools and a solid Pac 10 matchup.

- Alabama @ Florida - Game of the night, IMO!

- Nebraska @ Wisconsin - Winner will eventually be Big 10 champion.

- UCLA @ Stanford - Can't help but watch Andrew Luck.....I expect a big win by the Card.

MOtorboat
10-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Best sign on Gameday this morning..."Everybody here HATES Iowa."

LMAO

MOtorboat
10-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Dear Randy Cross,

You suck announcing College Football too.

Signed,
Everybody

MOtorboat
10-01-2011, 11:25 AM
RT @DanBeebe I sincerely apologize to fans of Kansas and Texas Tech for insinuating that you would actually go to that game. We all know better.

Nomad
10-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Best sign on Gameday this morning..."Everybody here HATES Iowa."

LMAO

:lol:Nut is probably devastated.

What game is Randy Cross calling?

Aggies/Hogs......right off the bat this morning.....it should be a good game!

MOtorboat
10-01-2011, 11:28 AM
:lol:Nut is probably devastated.

What game is Randy Cross calling?

Aggies/Hogs......right off the bat this morning.....it should be a good game!

Air Force-Navy on CBS.

A&M already pounding Arkansas. I won't watch much of that.

Northman
10-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Yea, Ark looking pretty bad after beating some soft teams early.

Nomad
10-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Air Force-Navy on CBS.

A&M already pounding Arkansas. I won't watch much of that.

Trying to get use to this time change, MO! I thought the game started in 30 minutes. I just turned it to ESPN and noticed A&M up by 14.

MOtorboat
10-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Hey, look, I am getting LSU-Kentucky. I like watching LSU play defense. They are good.

Nomad
10-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Hey, look, I am getting LSU-Kentucky. I like watching LSU play defense. They are good.

LSU's offense is disappointing in complimenting their defense. This isn't going to work as the season goes on. Actually, LSU has always had difficult time with these early games regardless of the competition. You ask any LSU fan and they hate early, day games at Tiger Stadium.

MOtorboat
10-01-2011, 12:11 PM
LSU's offense is disappointing in complimenting their defense. This isn't going to work as the season goes on. Actually, LSU has always had difficult time with these early games regardless of the competition. You ask any LSU fan and they hate early, day games at Tiger Stadium.

Yeah, the offense is pretty brutal to watch.

MOtorboat
10-01-2011, 12:15 PM
I won't miss Big 12 football...KU and Texas Tech in a 7 on 7 scrimmage...

Nomad
10-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Yeah, the offense is pretty brutal to watch.

Lee and the receivers SUCK today....WTF!

Nomad
10-01-2011, 12:18 PM
It took me to go on a rant for them to do good:lol:

CoachChaz
10-01-2011, 12:24 PM
All of you on the Cyrus Gray bandwagon need to watch the A&M game and watch Christine Michael.

His broken leg last year is the only reason Gray is on the map

Northman
10-01-2011, 01:20 PM
I think Northwestern is a bit underrated this year. But they always seem to surprise a bit and then fizzle. But i think Persa is coming out this year what does everyone think of him as maybe a late round QB?

They are beating #24 Illinois 28-17 right now.

A&M housing Ark right now but looks like the backs are trying to claw back in it.

35-20 A&M right now.

LSU winning 14-0 on Kentucky, defense is stellar.

CoachChaz
10-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Fire Mike Sherman. Worst 2nd half coach ever

Nomad
10-01-2011, 02:16 PM
A&M melts down 2 weeks in a row! They still have a chance to win but losing those big leads.

CoachChaz
10-01-2011, 02:23 PM
A&M melts down 2 weeks in a row! They still have a chance to win but losing those big leads.

Being without our stub CB doesnt help, but Sherman sux

Nomad
10-01-2011, 02:28 PM
You can still make a big hit and wrap up!

Nomad
10-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Those damn pesky Hogs!

LSU played really vanilla today for a #1 team.....the win is great but I believe if the offense didn't have their heads up their rearends....it would have been a 7+ touchdown win!

OrangeHoof
10-01-2011, 03:23 PM
This was being promoted as the "First Aggie game in SEC history" around Aggieland. Not anymore.

CoachChaz
10-01-2011, 03:45 PM
We play Arkansas in Dallas every year anyway

BroncoJoe
10-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Colorado looking improved today. They'll be good once this staff gets the house in order.

MOtorboat
10-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Colorado looking improved today. They'll be good once this staff gets the house in order.

And finds a QB...

BroncoJoe
10-01-2011, 05:04 PM
I Read somewhere a blue-chip type prospect committed to CO. Don't remember the details or his name though.

Why are you always raining on everyones parade lately?

MOtorboat
10-01-2011, 05:14 PM
I Read somewhere a blue-chip type prospect committed to CO. Don't remember the details or his name though.

Why are you always raining on everyones parade lately?

I don't really know what you're talking about. I completely agree with you, they just need a quarterback better suited for the system.

Its a transfer from Texas, he was a four-star recruit last year, I think.