PDA

View Full Version : How does Denver deal with the Jets (& Favres) short passing game.

NY Jets
11-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Believe it or not, the short passing game has allowed the Jets to run the ball more effectively. Short passing helps them spread out the defense which helps the run (Thomas Jones, Leon Washington). Hike step throw takes away the defenses ability to rush the passer effectively, and keeps the defense on the field. Has Denver dealt with this type of play this year and how will/did they handle it.

UnderArmour
11-29-2008, 04:52 PM
We score more points than the Jets.

Lonestar
11-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Believe it or not, our short passing game has allowed the Jets to run the ball more effectively. Short passing helps them spread out the defense. Hike step throw takes away the defenses ability to rush the passer effectively, and keeps the defense on the field. What does Denver have to do to stop this Jets approach.

a bomb threat at the stadium..

Unless our young linebackers can stop it we are in BIG DO-DO..

the last couple of games the run defense has been decent until the last quarter or so..

I can;t se any way short of a NYbrett's forfeit that we can win...

BroncoWave
11-29-2008, 05:02 PM
Unless Slowik changes his "let's play the corners 10 yards of the WR" scheme, the Jets will rape us with the short passing game like pretty much everyone else.

Devilspawn
11-29-2008, 05:07 PM

the last couple of games the run defense has been decent until the last quarter or so..

^^ I agree, except for one thing, with apologies to the thread starter.

These are the NY Jets.

Everytime, and I mean EVERYTIME they do something right, they look in the mirror, realize who they are and go back to normal. Now Favre is the best thing to happen to them in a while, but this franchise finds the worse ways to screw it up and lay an egg. Then their fans, particularly local radio persona Joe Beningo, go on a rant on how this team just can't do it. I hope this year's different. I respect the Giants, but I am starting to get sick of all the talk about them. It's the Jets turn, but if they lose this game, they'll be the same ol Jets.

About the game, I expect huge numbers from Leon/Jones, Dustin Keller and Laverne & Shirley Coles. If emotion from the crowd carries them, it could get ugly. Well for some. :D

turftoad
11-29-2008, 05:24 PM
How do we deal with the short pass? Hell, how do we deal with the long pass and the running game??

Not very well with any of them.

Italianmobstr7
11-29-2008, 06:40 PM

You said the same thing about the Falcons game we can and will beat the Jets tomorrow.

fcspikeit
11-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Believe it or not, the short passing game has allowed the Jets to run the ball more effectively. Short passing helps them spread out the defense which helps the run (Thomas Jones, Leon Washington). Hike step throw takes away the defenses ability to rush the passer effectively, and keeps the defense on the field. Has Denver dealt with this type of play this year and how will/did they handle it.

To be honest we haven't dealt well with the short passing game, However, our D has improved sense a couple of our starters went down a couple week ago..

I know that doesn't shed a good light on our coaches, IMO it really comes down to them, if they tie the defenders hands behind their back like they have been doing most the season, we wont stop anything, if they give our guys a chance to make plays, they will do alright.

The key will be our offense. If we can get it going and put up a couple quick scores, maybe we will get to see glimpses of the old Brett. Favre will force throws down the field if he feels he has to, we just need to put him in that situation. Then take advantage of the opportunities. We haven't done a great job of that either.

fcspikeit
11-29-2008, 08:17 PM

JR we can win, I was looking back through the 11 games we have played this season, I found an amazing trend.

In 6 of the 11 games, we scored more points then our opponent. 5 of those games we scored less. After farther investigating, I found we won the 6 games where we scored more points and in turn we lost the 5 where we scored less. Can it be just a coincidence? Maybe , but I don't think so. I believe if we score more points then our opponent, we will win.

Winning really is as easy as that :coffee:

ikillz0mbies
11-29-2008, 08:27 PM
I find it odd how the Broncos beat teams that they're not expected to beat and lose to teams that they are supposed to win against. So...I like the Broncos chances. But it's just frustrating to see on a 3rd and 5 and the Broncos corners play so far off the receiver that they can't even be seen on the TV screen.

Lonestar
11-29-2008, 11:54 PM

These are the NY Jets.

Everytime, and I mean EVERYTIME they do something right, they look in the mirror, realize who they are and go back to normal. Now Favre is the best thing to happen to them in a while, but this franchise finds the worse ways to screw it up and lay an egg. Then their fans, particularly local radio persona Joe Beningo, go on a rant on how this team just can't do it. I hope this year's different. I respect the Giants, but I am starting to get sick of all the talk about them. It's the Jets turn, but if they lose this game, they'll be the same ol Jets.

About the game, I expect huge numbers from Leon/Jones, Dustin Keller and Laverne & Shirley Coles. If emotion from the crowd carries them, it could get ugly. Well for some. :D

Normally I'd say your correct but since forever they have not had a legit QB on the team.. they have always been the ugly stepsister of the giants.

Now they have a HOF QB they have invested prior to him signing a lot of OLINE talent and brought in a ton of FA to fill holes..

I suspect the only reason they lost the first three games was Brett did not know the offense yet. It was said that they really scaled it back in week four and have been adding to it weekly..

I fear the Jets and what they can do..the broncs will have to bring there A+++++game tomorrow or we are TOAST..

And frankly folks that has not happened in 2-3 years now..

Broncospsycho77
11-30-2008, 12:00 AM
Poorly.

Shazam!
11-30-2008, 01:09 AM
Let me put a spin on this.

The Thread could easily be 'How do the Bretts deal with the Broncos (& Cutler's) passing game?'

Jets D is just as bad vs. the pass as the Broncos.

Believe it or not, Denver's D has improved some over the past few weeks.

This game is not a lock for the Bretts. Not guaranteeing a W, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was a close game, or our Broncos pulled it out.

Devilspawn
11-30-2008, 08:05 PM

These are the NY Jets.

um..... yeah.

Italianmobstr7
11-30-2008, 08:26 PM
You said the same thing about the Falcons game we can and will beat the Jets tomorrow.

Told you JR.