PDA

View Full Version : Fox interviewed on 9 News...

PAINTERDAVE
08-24-2011, 11:59 PM
I just saw Fox interviewed.

He said in no unspecific terms....

(sorry I have to paraphrase since it was a video spot, no text to quote)

Fox said... ( I paraphrase most of it)

"I have been in every meeting. I represent the Broncos and all the
"officials" of the Broncos. NO BRONCO Representative has slammed Tebow.

(Here I, PD, quote Fox' words next)
"We all hold Tim in high regard.
Every person on this team and staff holds Tim in high regard."

Tim is a talented player in his second year, Fox went on...
we are happy with his progress...
Tim is working at the hardest position in all of football and
we have patience. Tim figures into our plans... he said.

Fox then said...
I don't know who leaked some gossip...
(Here I, PD, quote Fox words)
"maybe it was the cook... because it certainly was NOT anyone on my staff."

Not anyone on my staff. High regard. Maybe it was the cook.

He basicly said Silver's article was crap.

He went to bat for Tebow... the Broncos are circling the wagons.

About time.

bcbronc
08-25-2011, 12:04 AM
the quote did say it was an executive, no? So not someone on Fox's staff, but someone from above.

Probably just Bowlen but he doesn't remember it now so it's like it never even happened!

chazoe60
08-25-2011, 12:21 AM
Good job Fox.

PAINTERDAVE
08-25-2011, 12:22 AM
the quote did say it was an executive, no? So not someone on Fox's staff, but someone from above.

Probably just Bowlen but he doesn't remember it now so it's like it never even happened!

I heard Silver interviewed.. he said ...
"a knowledgable official with the team".

Hmm.. who do I believe...
John Fox...
or an "anonymous un-named source" quoted by
a guy who spent one day at bronco camp :confused:

I think the official cook at camp is pretty smart ( Knowledgable) .

Lancane
08-25-2011, 12:32 AM
You guys act like he was going to come out and actually say "It's true", "the kid is shit", "he is not progressing" and "we are not sold on him".

If Fox would have done that then my opinion of him would be not as low but close to McDaniels' own in my eyes. You just don't do that, just like I said in another thread, take everything with a grain of salt, all criticisms, statements, reports and so on have some base value and validity even if only opinionative, and whether we like it or not.

It's up to Tebow to prove those who doubt him, it's up to Fox to prove himself to those who doubt him, just like it is up to Elway or Xanders to prove likewise to those who are the same with them.

DenBronx
08-25-2011, 12:39 AM
John Fox word for word today.

“Everybody in this building has high regard for Tim Tebow, and Tim’s doing just fine. There’s no update on where his ranking is at this point by any official.”

So who could be the “highly knowledgeable member of the organization”?

“I don’t think, if you read it correctly, that it said anybody in the organization,” Fox said. “It just said a knowledgeable football person — that could have been a wide range. Like I said, it could have been the chef; he sees the players every day.”

Read the whole article : BRONCOS PUSH BACK AT TEBOW CRITICS
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/24/broncos-begin-to-push-back-against-tebow-criticism/

bcbronc
08-25-2011, 12:40 AM

John Fox...

sure, but if Silver had made this up, which I take to be what you are insinuating, I think the reaction would have been a bit more than a funny quip. Don't you?

You just have to read between the lines a wee bit...Fox said "no one on my staff" Silver said " a knowledgeable official". No reason those two categories can't be completely exclusive of each other, making both truth tellers. Silver has been in this biz for a while, doubt he showed up for his one day of Broncos camp and only then tried to find some sources.

BroncoWave
08-25-2011, 12:40 AM
I'm really glad Fox came out and made that statement, it needed to be done. And I really have to admire Tebow for how he has handled all of this. At this point he could walk up the the podium, give all the reporters a giant middle finger and walk away and I wouldn't be mad at him.

DenBronx
08-25-2011, 12:41 AM
More from Fox...

“First of all, I would like to say that nobody in this building that is in the decision-making process — coach, official, or I don’t know, maybe they heard it from the cook,” Fox said. “I’m not sure, but we hold Tim in high regard. I think he’s got a bright future in this game. He’s playing maybe the hardest position I know in the NFL there is to play, and maybe in all of sports. He’s progressing fine. "

jhildebrand
08-25-2011, 01:30 AM

John Fox...

Silver said: "As one highly knowledgeable member of the organization told me Monday: "If everything was totally equal, and this were a competition based only on performance at this camp, Tebow would probably be the fourth-string guy."

Not an official. Not an executive. That got misconstrued as PFT and others retweeted and diseminated this article!

If you look at the quote, it sounds like a PLAYER's comment. Players say things like "if all things are equal." The quote seems like it is through the eyes of a player! It wouldn't surprise me if it were Kuper. He was the most vocal for Orton last year especially when Lloyd began to offer comments in favor/praise fo Tebow.

One highly knowledgable member could be ANYBODY! If it were an exec, FO type, or official, Silver would have used that word.

bcbronc
08-25-2011, 01:35 AM
Silver said: "As one highly knowledgeable member of the organization told me Monday: "If everything was totally equal, and this were a competition based only on performance at this camp, Tebow would probably be the fourth-string guy."

Not an official. Not an executive. That got misconstrued as PFT and others retweeted and diseminated this article!

If you look at the quote, it sounds like a PLAYER's comment. Players say things like "if all things are equal." The quote seems like it is through the eyes of a player! It wouldn't surprise me if it were Kuper. He was the most vocal for Orton last year especially when Lloyd began to offer comments in favor/praise fo Tebow.

One highly knowledgable member could be ANYBODY! If it were an exec, FO type, or official, Silver would have used that word.

so you're saying Weber is the source?? :shocked:

PAINTERDAVE
08-25-2011, 01:36 AM
You guys act like he was going to come out and actually say "It's true", "the kid is shit", "he is not progressing" and "we are not sold on him".

If Fox would have done that then my opinion of him would be not as low but close to McDaniels' own in my eyes. You just don't do that, just like I said in another thread, take everything with a grain of salt, all criticisms, statements, reports and so on have some base value and validity even if only opinionative, and whether we like it or not.

It's up to Tebow to prove those who doubt him, it's up to Fox to prove himself to those who doubt him, just like it is up to Elway or Xanders to prove likewise to those who are the same with them.

Not tying to be combative...
but if that is what Fox truly believes...
than he is a liar to all of us.

I choose to take the Coach at his word..
not to read meaning into what he says..
or to attribute to him reasons why he would lie to us all.

I just believe what Coach John Fox says...
and yes... over what someone reports from
"an un-named source".

And in the end.. yes it is up to all of them to prove their worth...

but I refuse to think Fox is lying to us.

I dislike liars. Call me naive...
but there is this whole openness thing going on at Dove Valley...
and until proven otherwise...
I am trusting in EFX and Co.

If some spineless guy on his staff said that crap...
and Fox knew who he was...
I bet old spinelss would be on the first bus out of town.

Lancane
08-25-2011, 02:13 AM
Not tying to be combative...
but if that is what Fox truly believes...
than he is a liar to all of us.

I choose to take the Coach at his word..
not to read meaning into what he says..
or to attribute to him reasons why he would lie to us all.

I just believe what Coach John Fox says...
and yes... over what someone reports from
"an un-named source".

And in the end.. yes it is up to all of them to prove their worth...

but I refuse to think Fox is lying to us.

I dislike liars. Call me naive...
but there is this whole openness thing going on at Dove Valley...
and until proven otherwise...
I am trusting in EFX and Co.

If some spineless guy on his staff said that crap...
and Fox knew who he was...
I bet old spinelss would be on the first bus out of town.

It's not really lying though Dave, it's being politically correct - what would they do to Tim if they came out with some harsh criticism?

I am sure that many within the organization are high on Tebow, after all he has that infectious mentality and personality that one couldn't help but like, they can be vague, saying he's improving - it can be misconstrued as "he's really coming along" or "he's slowly coming along and we have no complaints...yet". Again, I don't want to see the kid fail and I don't believe there is a large number who do, besides a few idiots like Florio or Kiper, most has been said is open criticism of the kid but opinionative in every meaning of the word, but he has to prove it. And I am not going to say that "they mean he's the future" because Fox or Elway say "he's doing well", that's what a professor might say for a kid with a C average in his class.

That's why I say take everything with a grain of salt, remember Bailey said "Slowick is the best defensive coordinator he ever had" he also said "Martindale knows what he's talking about, he understands defensive football", both those men posted two of the worst Broncos defenses in the past twelve years. So do you hate Bailey for lying or is it possible he was being positive while vague because that is the thing to do?

Would you really respect a coach that came out and was brutally honest? I admit it might be refreshing, though it would damage his rep with the locker-room and the athletes...and it's not Fox's style, he said many of the same things about Claussen in Carolina as he has about Tebow here. Dan Reeve's has been at times harshly critical, but he also knew how to be politically correct. Those few I can think of that are so honest, Bill Parcels above all, they tend to lose the players' trust now days, they also lose their jobs more often then not. Look at Ryan in New York, he's had a lot of shit coming down on him, the only reason they tolerate him is because he's producing...if he was mediocre or worse, do you see them putting up with such antics?

;)

TXBRONC
08-25-2011, 09:55 AM

Silver's report wasn't specific. That could be anyone who works for the team.

TXBRONC
08-25-2011, 09:58 AM
so you're saying Weber is the source?? :shocked:

Hell BC the jock washer could have been the source.

Ravage!!!
08-25-2011, 10:02 AM
It could be Lloyd, he's been the one most vocal behind Orton.

But as Lancane said.... even (and I am NOT saying the report is accurate)..but even if it were accurate I would expect Fox to say NOTHING different than he just did. Its his job to stand behind his players, no matter what. Even if he turns around and tells his entire coaching staff (and not saying he would/did just making conjecture) "Tebow is absolutely horrible".. I would EXPECT Fox to then turn aroudn to the media and BRAG about Tebow's ability and fight tooth-n-nail for him. Thats what coaches do and what they SHOULD do.

Don't EVER take coaches speak as something serious or take it as fact. NEVER EVER believe what coaches tell the media because they will always tell them what they WANT the media to know. Its never the whole truth. You never hear a coach tell the media the truth and I don't hold that against them because its their JOB to back the players in situations like this.

Agent of Orange
08-25-2011, 10:05 AM

John Fox...

It would actually be easy for Silver to make this up and hide behind the "the press doesnt have to reveal it's sources" BS.

On the other hand, with what has gone on in the past with the Broncos, you can't rule out someone above Fox doing this...possibly Xanders or Ellis.

Tned
08-25-2011, 10:11 AM
It would actually be easy for Silver to make this up and hide behind the "the press doesnt have to reveal it's sources" BS.

On the other hand, with what has gone on in the past with the Broncos, you can't rule out someone above Fox doing this...possibly Xanders or Ellis.

Not just picking on you, because it goes much beyond this one post. I just find it funny how almost everything bad or unexplained gets blamed on Xanders or Ellis.

Agent of Orange
08-25-2011, 10:15 AM
Not just picking on you, because it goes much beyond this one post. I just find it funny how almost everything bad or unexplained gets blamed on Xanders or Ellis.

It stands to reason when there's something that happens which is eerily reminiscent to when McDaniels was here.

TXBRONC
08-25-2011, 10:15 AM

But as Lancane said.... even (and I am NOT saying the report is accurate)..but even if it were accurate I would expect Fox to say NOTHING different than he just did. Its his job to stand behind his players, no matter what. Even if he turns around and tells his entire coaching staff (and not saying he would/did just making conjecture) "Tebow is absolutely horrible".. I would EXPECT Fox to then turn aroudn to the media and BRAG about Tebow's ability and fight tooth-n-nail for him. Thats what coaches do and what they SHOULD do.

Don't EVER take coaches speak as something serious or take it as fact. NEVER EVER believe what coaches tell the media because they will always tell them what they WANT the media to know. Its never the whole truth. You never hear a coach tell the media the truth and I don't hold that against them because its their JOB to back the players in situations like this.

Rav coaches don't always lie to media. They may don't always give all pertenate information but that doesn't mean by any stretch that everything they say to the media is a bald face lie.

I think most of time you take them at their word but then watch what they do.

chazoe60
08-25-2011, 10:17 AM

It all comes from McD tned. Granted, there was some mistrust of Ellis before McD but the fact that Ellis seemingly did the hiring of McD by himself for the most part will always stain him in the eyes of Bronco fans. And Xanders may never be able to free himself of his ties to McD.

I'm not saying I agree or that it's rational, but it is most definitely a reason. The damage McD did to this franchise will be felt for years to come. I wish we could just go back in time and hire Spagnolo.

Agent of Orange
08-25-2011, 10:21 AM

The problem with that is what he's said in praising Tebow, which includes saying that Tebow is in their future plans.

If information is leaked so that the anger and shock will dissipate, saying Tebow is in future plans works contra to that.

TXBRONC
08-25-2011, 10:22 AM
It stands to reason when there's something that happens which is eerily reminiscent to when McDaniels was here.

So you don't things like this ever happened on Shanahan's watch or for that matter every other head coach in the League? So no what you said doesn't necessarily stand to reason.

What Silver said is so freaking vague could anyone that works for the Broncos. It could be anyome for the jock washer all the way up to the owner that Silver is refering too.

Agent of Orange
08-25-2011, 10:24 AM
So you don't things like this ever happened on Shanahan's watch or for that matter every other head coach in the League? So no what you said doesn't necessarily stand to reason.

What Silver said is so freaking vague could anyone that works for the Broncos. It could be anyome for the jock washer all the way up to the owner that Silver is refering too.

Why does this have to involve Shanahan?

Does Lonestar have two accounts?

But I'll give you two examples that might clarify this. When the league was going after Travis Henry, Shanahan (and the Broncos) stood up for Travis Henry against the league. Conversely, when Brandon Marshall won his court case, under Ellis-Xanders-McDaniels, the players were coached to not say anything about being happy for Marshall. And then when word of this leaked, for some reason Ellis was left with the clean up.

Lancane
08-25-2011, 11:42 AM
Rav coaches don't always lie to media. They may don't always give all pertenate information but that doesn't mean by any stretch that everything they say to the media is a bald face lie.

Never take a coach at their word, because they have to be politically correct, always expect a misconstruedable statement. From Little League, to Junior High, High School to College and even beyond, I have never known a coach to be completely honest with those outside the team. Little League Coaches telling parents "No he's doing fine, we expect him to be a big part of our team" and yet I remember watching those same kids being allowed to play only a quarter total, and they'd continue the same rhetoric when the parent was again curious. You telling me that you remember your coaches being honest outside the team? Sometimes what they say may hold truth, but sometimes what they said is not a lie, but deceptive. We've seen it many times in the NFL, Ryan on benching Sanchez, he recently just admitted that he wasn't really going to bench him, but said it to put a fire under his ass. We Broncos' fans should be use to it, Reeves on Elway only to draft Maddox and try and trade Elway; Shanahan on having complete faith in Plummer as the starter only to turn around and draft Cutler. Bowlen on Cutler being the cornerstone of the Broncos, the future, about him refusing to trade Cutler, that he planned to keep Marshall. McDaniels on his respect for Cutler and looking forward to coaching such a great quarterback, and that he did not try and trade him and would not. McDaniels on Marshall, that he wanted to keep him and that Brandon was a key figure of the offense. And on, and on...

Agent of Orange
08-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Never take a coach at their word, because they have to be politically correct, always expect a misconstruedable statement. From Little League, to Junior High, High School to College and even beyond, I have never known a coach to be completely honest with those outside the team. Little League Coaches telling parents "No he's doing fine, we expect him to be a big part of our team" and yet I remember watching those same kids being allowed to play only a quarter total, and they'd continue the same rhetoric when the parent was again curious. You telling me that you remember your coaches being honest outside the team? Sometimes what they say may hold truth, but sometimes what they said is not a lie, but deceptive. We've seen it many times in the NFL, Ryan on benching Sanchez, he recently just admitted that he wasn't really going to bench him, but said it to put a fire under his ass. We Broncos' fans should be use to it, Reeves on Elway only to draft Maddox and try and trade Elway; Shanahan on having complete faith in Plummer as the starter only to turn around and draft Cutler. Bowlen on Cutler being the cornerstone of the Broncos, the future, about him refusing to trade Cutler, that he planned to keep Marshall. McDaniels on his respect for Cutler and looking forward to coaching such a great quarterback, and that he did not try and trade him and would not. McDaniels on Marshall, that he wanted to keep him and that Brandon was a key figure of the offense. And on, and on...

Where this post completely whiffs is that in this specific circumstance, the theory of why information is being leaked to the media is that it's meant to dissipate the anger from the fanbase in advance. When Fox comes out and says what he did, it puts the expectations of the fanbase back into the realm of expecting to see Tebow in the future with Denver.

If the leaks are achieving one objective, Fox's comments are undermining that the leaks are meant to achieve.

Ravage!!!
08-25-2011, 11:59 AM

I don't mean its all bold face lying. But I don't take anything they say as "Fact" either. I don't take them at their word because most of the time they are just speaking the normal speak. People want to quote coaches all the time and take their statements as fact when you can see that the coach is just talking up one of his players.

I'm not just talking about Tebow. I've said this same thing MANY times. I remember so many times when people would actually complain/moan/groan/gripe and cry that a coach said one thing, then did another. Calling the coach out and calling him a "liar" because "thats not what he said before" when all the coach was doing was giving the normal coach speak to the media. Only tell them what you want them to know.

I just keep telling the same advice. NEVER EVER take what a coach says to the media as "fact."

After all, McDaniels LOVES Hillis and expects him to make a great impact for our team ;)

Lancane
08-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Where this post completely whiffs is that in this specific circumstance, the theory of why information is being leaked to the media is that it's meant to dissipate the anger from the fanbase in advance. When Fox comes out and says what he did, it puts the expectations of the fanbase back into the realm of expecting to see Tebow in the future with Denver.

If the leaks are achieving one objective, Fox's comments are undermining that the leaks are meant to achieve.

Fox is a diplomatic coach, he's not Bill Parcells. Again I point to Shanahan, who likewise said that he had complete faith in Plummer, that he was the quarterback of the Broncos and would remain so, but he then drafted Cutler (which could be construed the same way your putting it). You're stating that what Fox said is factual, that in a way was almost a promise to the fans, but he could have said it to assuage the riff because the fandom is already decimated, the scars from McDaniels are still fresh, does stating that Tebow has a future in Denver exactly promise that, that future is as the starter? Did he say that "Tebow is without a doubt the future quarterback of the Broncos and the quarterback which would lead the team in a season, maybe two?" stating that Tebow has a future with the team, that they're happy with his progress and yadda, yadda - could mean that they want him to try other positions, be a backup/wildcat quarterback, there was no promise, he did not state that Tebow is without a doubt the future of this team. What he said was exactly what needed to be said from a diplomatic standing.

If the Tebowmaniacs want to believe it was a promise of the future, an absolute truth and promise that this will be Tebow's team to run in a season or two, then more power to them. I for one don't believe it, I don't see one thing that can be considered a bonding statement where people could accuse him of lying later on, but could be deceptive though misconstrued to assuage a certain percentage of fans hell bent to declare Tebow the future.

Agent of Orange
08-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Fox is a diplomatic coach, he's not Bill Parcells. Again I point to Shanahan, who likewise said that he had complete faith in Plummer, that he was the quarterback of the Broncos and would remain so, but he then drafted Cutler (which could be construed the same way your putting it). You're stating that what Fox said is factual, that in a way was almost a promise to the fans, but he could have said it to assuage the riff because the fandom is already decimated, the scars from McDaniels are still fresh, does stating that Tebow has a future in Denver exactly promise that, that future is as the starter? Did he say that "Tebow is without a doubt the future quarterback of the Broncos and the quarterback which would lead the team in a season, maybe two?" stating that Tebow has a future with the team, that they're happy with his progress and yadda, yadda - could mean that they want him to try other positions, be a backup/wildcat quarterback, there was no promise, he did not state that Tebow is without a doubt the future of this team. What he said was exactly what needed to be said from a diplomatic standing.

If the Tebowmaniacs want to believe it was a promise of the future, an absolute truth and promise that this will be Tebow's team to run in a season or two, then more power to them. I for one don't believe it, I don't see one thing that can be considered a bonding statement where people could accuse him of lying later on, but could be deceptive though misconstrued to assuage a certain percentage of fans hell bent to declare Tebow the future.

Here, you're just regurgitating the phrasing used by TNed to paraphrase Silver along with repeating what you just said. Once again, your reasoning can not simply be applied as if it's some absolute here because what you're saying would undermine the most prevalent theory on why the leaks exist in the first place. Or are you not understanding the commonly held point of view of why the leaks exist and what they're trying to accomplish? The stuff about the Tebowmaniacs is a lot of blustering that steers away from what's going on here.

Ravage!!!
08-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Here, you're just regurgitating the phrasing used by TNed to paraphrase Silver along with repeating what you just said. Once again, your reasoning can not simply be applied as if it's some absolute here because what you're saying would undermine the most prevalent theory on why the leaks exist in the first place. Or are you not understanding the commonly held point of view of why the leaks exist and what they're trying to accomplish? The stuff about the Tebowmaniacs is a lot of blustering that steers away from what's going on here.

I guess you are going to have to explain to me, because I don't know what the theory dancing around as to why there were leaks or what they are trying to accomplish.

Agent of Orange
08-25-2011, 12:29 PM
I guess you are going to have to explain to me, because I don't know what the theory dancing around as to why there were leaks or what they are trying to accomplish.

Ok, the thinking goes that by leaking information, they're trying to change the expectations of the fanbase and transition the fanbase from being stauch supporters of Tebow to not being surprised if he's no longer on the team at some point. The thinking goes that by leaking this stuff, the fanbase slowly becomes accumstomed to the idea that Tebow is not in their future plans (or might not be) and so when/if they do dump Tebow, there will be less shock, and therefore less anger within the fanbase.

Just so you know. It's an old trick. The Brooklyn Dodgers did the same thing in advance of moving the Dodgers to LA.

BroncoStud
08-25-2011, 12:30 PM
It all comes from McD tned. Granted, there was some mistrust of Ellis before McD but the fact that Ellis seemingly did the hiring of McD by himself for the most part will always stain him in the eyes of Bronco fans. And Xanders may never be able to free himself of his ties to McD.

I'm not saying I agree or that it's rational, but it is most definitely a reason. The damage McD did to this franchise will be felt for years to come. I wish we could just go back in time and hire Spagnolo.

I wish we could go back and not fire Shanahan.

Lancane
08-25-2011, 12:42 PM

First off, I am not regurgitating shit but the same continuous view point I have of the situation. I'm not paraphrasing or using anyone else's opinion, what I am stating is pretty much a perceptive fact based on coaches in general. The only people that seem to be phrasing what has been said as an absolute are those grounded in the belief that what Fox said is without any deceptive values, therein an unquestionable truth pointing to a fact. And what does the commonly held view over a leak have anything to do with this or the end accomplishment? Because what you're asking for is not factual information but opinionative, do I hold the more common construed opinion of the leak? No, I do not. Jim Soccomano set up the interviews, someone leaked the information to Silver, now if Soccomano or the Broncos' felt that what was stated was bullshit, something without any base, they could do what the Raiders did to Bill Williamson at ESPN and slap them with a media injunction or whatever the hell it was two years ago, because what your trying to construe yourself is that what Silver did was almost slanderous of the organization itself. We can determine that what Fox did was the best to assuage a deteriorating situation on several fronts, which is not uncommon - there is no base theory for how he handled it, just common sense from what has been perceived over the years.

Lancane
08-25-2011, 12:46 PM
Ok, the thinking goes that by leaking information, they're trying to change the expectations of the fanbase and transition the fanbase from being stauch supporters of Tebow to not being surprised if he's no longer on the team at some point. The thinking goes that by leaking this stuff, the fanbase slowly becomes accumstomed to the idea that Tebow is not in their future plans (or might not be) and so when/if they do dump Tebow, there will be less shock, and therefore less anger within the fanbase.

Just so you know. It's an old trick. The Brooklyn Dodgers did the same thing in advance of moving the Dodgers to LA.

Okay, let's take it one step further, let's say the Broncos finish 10-6 on the season, Orton and Quinn leave and the best quarterback prospects in the draft are out of reach, do you really insult the one quarterback you may be forced to depend on? Do you destroy his confidence and what if by some chance because you love his attitude and character then he suddenly steps it up? Again, what Fox did was politically correct and diplomatic in every sense and was the right thing to do. The only way to not see that is if someone believes that the organization was as some claimed ready to trade or cut him.

Agent of Orange
08-25-2011, 12:47 PM
First off, I am not regurgitating shit but the same continuous view point I have of the situation. I'm not paraphrasing or using anyone else's opinion, what I am stating is pretty much a perceptive fact based on coaches in general. The only people that seem to be phrasing what has been said as an absolute are those grounded in the belief that what Fox said is without any deceptive values, therein an unquestionable truth pointing to a fact. And what does the commonly held view over a leak have anything to do with this or the end accomplishment? Because what you're asking for is not factual information but opinionative, do I hold the more common construed opinion of the leak? No, I do not. Jim Soccomano set up the interviews, someone leaked the information to Silver, now if Soccomano or the Broncos' felt that what was stated was bullshit, something without any base, they could do what the Raiders did to Bill Williamson at ESPN and slap them with a media injunction or whatever the hell it was two years ago, because what your trying to construe yourself is that what Silver did was almost slanderous of the organization itself. We can determine that what Fox did was the best to assuage a deteriorating situation on several fronts, which is not uncommon - there is no base theory for how he handled it, just common sense from what has been perceived over the years.

Two things: 1. You don't know that Silver is telling the truth. This could have come from someone like Brandon Lloyd who wanted to go off the record and so Silver contrives this bit about it coming from someone else. But you have no reason to believe Silver. He's no more credible than anyone else. 2. The leaks were coming out before the Silver story. Silver simply jumped on the gravy train. This was already happening before Silver vultured off of this story.

Lancane
08-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Two things: 1. You don't know that Silver is telling the truth. This could have come from someone like Brandon Lloyd who wanted to go off the record and so Silver contrives this bit about it coming from someone else. But you have no reason to believe Silver. He's no more credible than anyone else. 2. The leaks were coming out before the Silver story. Silver simply jumped on the gravy train. This was already happening before Silver vultured off of this story.

Again that is opinionative, the same could have been said about McDaniels last year when reports were coming out that he abused his staff verbally. Later on another source came forward, then another. We could come to the conclusion that the first story was based on hapless information and that Silver's story confirms a little bit more then the first. As I said above, Bill Williamson reported something about the Raiders firing their coach, it didn't happen and Williamson's butt was in a sling, no longer would the Raiders allow him inside access but there was some sort of court issue tied with it. If what Silver was saying was a complete untruth, whether leaked are not then why haven't the Broncos done the same, because it does mar their organization?

Instead they handled it the best way, by using local media and stating what could be a deceptive truth!

Agent of Orange
08-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Again that is opinionative, the same could have been said about McDaniels last year when reports were coming out that he abused his staff verbally. Later on another source came forward, then another. We could come to the conclusion that the first story was based on hapless information and that Silver's story confirms a little bit more then the first. As I said above, Bill Williamson reported something about the Raiders firing their coach, it didn't happen and Williamson's butt was in a sling, no longer would the Raiders allow him inside access but there was some sort of court issue tied with it. If what Silver was saying was a complete untruth, whether leaked are not then why haven't the Broncos done the same, because it does mar their organization?

Instead they handled it the best way, by using local media and stating what could be a deceptive truth!

Exactly. In both cases there exists an obvious and understandable motivation for acting that way. McDaniels was acting out of self interest as is Silver. Your example is useful although it doesnt accomplish what you seemed to want.

Lancane
08-25-2011, 01:22 PM
Exactly. In both cases there exists an obvious and understandable motivation for acting that way. McDaniels was acting out of self interest as is Silver. Your example is useful although it doesnt accomplish what you seemed to want.

No it does, just not the same in your eyes, in your opinion. Just because someone does something out of self interest doesn't make what they state or report untrue. You claim Silver is acting out of self interest because it what? Furthers his career, gives him a story most likely reputable, or will cause him to benefit financially?

What you're doing is calling him out, claiming that what he is saying is false? Where's your proof or is this based on your opinion?

slim
08-25-2011, 01:26 PM

I think it's pretty clear that a player said it (not a coach or exec).

Agent of Orange
08-25-2011, 01:38 PM
No it does, just not the same in your eyes, in your opinion. Just because someone does something out of self interest doesn't make what they state or report untrue. You claim Silver is acting out of self interest because it what? Furthers his career, gives him a story most likely reputable, or will cause him to benefit financially?
What you're doing is calling him out, claiming that what he is saying is false? Where's your proof or is this based on your opinion?

Stop mischaracterizing what is going on. Im saying there is a distinct possibility that he could be lying. With profit motive and anonymous sources, this is always the case and there's no reason to assume that he's not lying.

And yes, he does benefit. In the electronic age, there is a significant importance for guys like him and Peter King to stay relevant by getting out in front of stories that are already picking up steam. Notice how these guys rarely break stories. Not as many people subscribe to print media and so this means there is an imporance placed on hits. There is a profit motive to manufacture stories for the outlet Silver works for and there is also a profit motive for Silver. He's trying to make himself maretable and/or justify his salary with his employer. But now that there's also an incentive for his employer to allow this, you can't assume they wouldnt allow it.

Tned
08-25-2011, 04:39 PM
Stop mischaracterizing what is going on. Im saying there is a distinct possibility that he could be lying. With profit motive and anonymous sources, this is always the case and there's no reason to assume that he's not lying.

And yes, he does benefit. In the electronic age, there is a significant importance for guys like him and Peter King to stay relevant by getting out in front of stories that are already picking up steam. Notice how these guys rarely break stories. Not as many people subscribe to print media and so this means there is an imporance placed on hits. There is a profit motive to manufacture stories for the outlet Silver works for and there is also a profit motive for Silver. He's trying to make himself maretable and/or justify his salary with his employer. But now that there's also an incentive for his employer to allow this, you can't assume they wouldnt allow it.

Play that out. Silver makes up a story to get some clicks and preserve his job. Next time he goes to Denver, do you really think Sacco and company are going to line up the next round of interviews for him?

Fabricating stories and attributing them to highly knowledgeable sources will VERY quickly result in diminished future returns. Not only would the Broncos start cutting him off due to the headaches he's caused them and the fact he fabricated a story about them, but word would quickly spread around the VERY tiny NFL and other teams would be unlikely to open their facility to him.

Sometimes, the most obvious solution is the correct one. In this case, one or more people told him that stuff about Tebow.

Agent of Orange
08-26-2011, 09:26 AM
Play that out. Silver makes up a story to get some clicks and preserve his job. Next time he goes to Denver, do you really think Sacco and company are going to line up the next round of interviews for him?

Fabricating stories and attributing them to highly knowledgeable sources will VERY quickly result in diminished future returns. Not only would the Broncos start cutting him off due to the headaches he's caused them and the fact he fabricated a story about them, but word would quickly spread around the VERY tiny NFL and other teams would be unlikely to open their facility to him.

Sometimes, the most obvious solution is the correct one. In this case, one or more people told him that stuff about Tebow.

Hasn't Saccomano's comments kind of hinted that they're already there?

Also, the profit motive is sometimes such a big problem today that you'll worry about tomorrow if/when you get there.