PDA

View Full Version : TSN:Pot Advocates Want Williams In Denver

Skinny
10-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Posted: October 2, 2007

DENVER (AP) -- A group that led a campaign to legalize marijuana possession in Denver is posting a billboard advertisement encouraging suspended running back Ricky Williams and the Broncos to get together.

Williams applied for NFL reinstatement this week, his agent said. Williams has played in only 12 NFL games since the start of the 2004 season, but rushed for 3,225 yards in 2002-03. His current suspension began in April 2006 after he violated the league's drug policy for the fourth time. He tested positive for marijuana this April, again delaying his return.

Williams remains under contract with Miami, where he won the NFL rushing title in 2002. But new coach Cam Cameron has not indicated whether he wants Williams to stay with the Dolphins, who fell to 0-4 Sunday.

The billboard, across the street from Invesco Field, where the Broncos play, will be unveiled Wednesday and will stay up for a month. At a cost of $3,000, it features a player with dreadlocks in a blue and orange jersey and reads, "Ricky, come to Denver... Where the people support your SAFER choice."

In 2005, Denver residents passed an initiative removing all penalties for possession of small amounts of marijuana by adults. The campaign was run on the message that marijuana is less harmful than alcohol. Police have continued prosecuting people under state law, however. Federal law also prohibits possession.

"The National Football League's marijuana policy is just as irrational as our federal government's marijuana policy," said Mason Tvert of the group Safer Alternative For Enjoyable Recreation. "In both cases, authorities are steering adults toward using alcohol and punishing them for making the safer choice to use marijuana instead.

"If (commissioner) Roger Goodell and every NFL player over 21 can go home after a game and have a drink, there is no reason why Ricky Williams should not be allowed to go home and use a less harmful drug."

The initiative Denver voters approved two years ago allows adults to carry up to an ounce of marijuana. No other state allows pot possession for anything other than medical use.

"Ricky Williams would feel right at home here," Tvert said.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=281855

underrated29
10-03-2007, 04:32 PM
well even if he came here he could hang out with al wilson. that guy fired up like no other. he and ricky would get along great.

Medford Bronco
10-03-2007, 04:33 PM
could Ricky help our pathetic defense.

Our running game is fine. I want no part of reefer man

NameUsedBefore
10-03-2007, 04:36 PM
Reefer Man (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D44pyeEvhcQ)

Sorry; I'm a fan of Cab Calloway >_>

(And we don't need Williams)

Denver Native (Carol)
10-03-2007, 04:39 PM
well even if he came here he could hang out with al wilson. that guy fired up like no other. he and ricky would get along great.

Excuse me - this is definitely the first time I have heard that about Wilson. Please explain!!!!!!!

underrated29
10-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Excuse me - this is definitely the first time I have heard that about Wilson. Please explain!!!!!!!

my wife is friends with this girl who is/was dating (on of many he dates) al wilsons little brother--whats funny is he is kinda fat. anyways they go clubbing and partying and the party hard. Al is still a great guy, and i would love him back in a bronco uni, but they all smoke the reefer.

evidently they have a big family. i wouldnt say he is a pot head, as i cant tell you how much they smoke. but i have seen some pictures and trust what my wife said the couple of times she went out with them..

and and just in case she is on here. you owe us money! so you better pay up.

(she bought some stuff from us) and no that that stuff, clothing and things.

she is just a little gold digger.

BigBroncLove
10-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Eh, I don't care what a person does with their personal time, so long as it doesn't hurt other people. However as far as being a Bronco fan goes, a person who uses Marijuana risks the possibility of not being able to play for the team due to suspension.

I want Wilson back (when Healthy) if he wants to continue to play football, but as for Ricky Williams, though I desire more depth in our backfield, I would prefer a FB to an RB. IF Ricky wants to be a Fullback, give him a shot IMO, as all our FB's are capable of fitting into the HB position, but otherwise.... I don't think we need him.

Funny use of 3,000 dollars by SAFER though... :lol:

TXBRONC
10-03-2007, 10:20 PM
We have a workhorse runningback who leading the League in rushing why would we need Williams? This is stupid in my opinion.

broncosfanscott
10-04-2007, 02:20 AM
Seriously, what is up with this guy. I mean he wants to come back and then gets caught getting high. He isn't going to change. Tell Goodell to send him away..........nobody want a pothead.

Retired_Member_001
10-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Ricky Williams is the perfect example for Marcus Thomas of what NOT to do.

BroncoWave
10-04-2007, 05:55 PM
I don't see why all the pot supporters want Williams in Denver. If he comes, he will smoke up all their pot!

Escobar
10-04-2007, 06:01 PM
wow whats going in in denver, or has been haha?

SR
10-04-2007, 06:51 PM
By the looks of things, the same organization needs to get a hold of Travis Henry.