PDA

View Full Version : Fox says Tim Tebow will get more reps with Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
08-24-2011, 05:00 PM
Broncos coach John Fox hinted today that backup quarterback Tim Tebow​ would get more reps than another backup quarterback, Brady Quinn​ in at least one of the final two preseason games.

rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_18748926?source=rss

chazoe60
08-24-2011, 05:38 PM
But, I thought we were cutting him? I thought he was the fourth stringer?

The way the media has piled on Tim Tebow is an absolute disgrace. Yes he's not ready to start, how many second year QBs who come from a spread system are ready? How many QBs sucked their second year? How many QBs looked better than TT in their first 3 starts?

I have said it for a while now: TT will never be conventional. He will never LOOK normal playig the QB position. He will never be a passing stat juggernaut. He will probably have a somewhat shorter lifespan as a starting QB than traditional franchise QBs. But, if a team had the guts and the ingenuity, he will reward that team with a ton of wins and some damn fun football to watch. Will that team be the Denver Broncos? It doesnt loom good right now but Orton has never played a full 16 games as starter. Tebow will have a chance to show people his worth.

The extent to which some members of the media berate this young man is flat out shameful. You don't, on a national level, belittle and berate someone like tbis without it being personal. Puddin Head and Norman along with a bunch of other media snipers have part of their reputations at stake if this kid succeeds. They almost sound like they're trying to will Tim Tebow into failing with their words.

Tned
08-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Here's a video of Fox talking after practice. It's only a couple minutes and worth watching.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Preseason-Wk-3---Wednesday-Fox/b6efbbf3-ebf3-49e5-ad39-11635530da1d

BroncoBJ
08-24-2011, 05:51 PM
Well, it will probably be Orton for the 1st 2 1/2 qtrs in the 3rd preseason game and then Quinn will finish the game.

So it will probably be the 4th preseason game, where Tim will play a half and Weber will play a half. :fight:

BroncoWave
08-24-2011, 05:53 PM

The way the media has piled on Tim Tebow is an absolute disgrace. Yes he's not ready to start, how many second year QBs who come from a spread system are ready? How many QBs sucked their second year? How many QBs looked better than TT in their first 3 starts?

I have said it for a while now: TT will never be conventional. He will never LOOK normal playig the QB position. He will never be a passing stat juggernaut. He will probably have a somewhat shorter lifespan as a starting QB than traditional franchise QBs. But, if a team had the guts and the ingenuity, he will reward that team with a ton of wins and some damn fun football to watch. Will that team be the Denver Broncos? It doesnt loom good right now but Orton has never played a full 16 games as starter. Tebow will have a chance to show people his worth.

The extent to which some members of the media berate this young man is flat out shameful. You don't, on a national level, belittle and berate someone like tbis without it being personal. Puddin Head and Norman along with a bunch of other media snipers have part of their reputations at stake if this kid succeeds. They almost sound like they're trying to will Tim Tebow into failing with their words.

I agree with this 100%. I have never been a huge fan of the way ESPN covers things, but I have never been more disgusted with them than by they way they cover Tebow. And they when LeBron called out Hodge for being a hater everyone on the network rushed to Hodge's defense and said he was just doing his job. I wish someone on that network would grow some balls and call him out on his crap. At least Schefter made an attempt to.

Slick
08-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Fox handles it well. Thanks Tned.

BeefStew25
08-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Guys, I have to say, I wouldn't mind seeing Quinn naked.

BroncoBJ
08-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Guys, I have to say, I wouldn't mind seeing Quinn naked.

Cosigned. He is a cutiepie. Really pisses me off that we have 2 amazing looking qbs, and we are starting the ugly one? :fight:

PAINTERDAVE
08-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Well, it will probably be Orton for the 1st 2 1/2 qtrs in the 3rd preseason game and then Quinn will finish the game.

So it will probably be the 4th preseason game, where Tim will play a half and Weber will play a half. :fight:

Letting Weber get those snaps against Buffalo was a classy move of Fox.
Allowing him to get some film of himself.. for future use to get a job...
that was a great thing for the coach to do.

That said... it is likely that Weber is not even on the team come that final pre-season game.

If he is... it is unlikely that the Broncos will throw away a full half of pre-season football
on a guy who at best will be running the practice squad...
and at worst will be picked up by another team.

Heck.. I would much rather see Quinn and Tebow both get a half...
than to see Tebow and Weber get a half.

We need to use those games to bring our backups up to speed...
not to be a good guy and let Weber get more film on himself
so that he can try to find work on another team.
The favor Fox did Weber in the last game is enough.

That is how I see it anyway...

Northman
08-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Cosigned. He is a cutiepie. Really pisses me off that we have 2 amazing looking qbs, and we are starting the ugly one? :fight:

Ok that was pretty damn funny i have to admit. :lol:

bcbronc
08-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Oh thank the good lawd!! I was really beginning to worry about the health and well-being of a handful of drama-boi posters on here. Hopefully this will once and for all squash the "Teboe didn't get a chance" crowd.

(I know it won't))

Slick
08-24-2011, 06:41 PM
Oh thank the good lawd!! I was really beginning to worry about the health and well-being of a handful of drama-boi posters on here. Hopefully this will once and for all squash the "Teboe didn't get a chance" crowd.

(I know it won't))

I agree that some posters have gone off the deep end.

However, I can understand why. We went from Quinn and Tebow battling it out for QB1 because of a trade deal that was all but done, back to Orton is our guy and gives us the best chance to win, we could lose the locker room, Tim isn't ready, Merril Hoge, blogs, too much media hype around Jesus in cleats, etc. etc.

It's been a circus and people have acted like clowns. Not really a shocker IMO.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-24-2011, 06:54 PM
There is more greatness than being a No. 4 quarterback in Tim Tebow.

In the first 90 NFL seasons, only two times, and not since Michael Vick in 2002, had a quarterback run for as much as a 40-yard touchdown and thrown for another score of at least 30 yards in the same game.

Tebow made it three times — in the first quarter of his first NFL start. Not his second season, or second start, or second quarter.

rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_18749825?source=rss

broncobryce
08-24-2011, 08:04 PM
My favorite part.
"Compared to whom? A Pro Bowler, or a quarterback with three NFL starts? Tampa Bay's Josh Freeman, a wondrous talent, had 17 completions for only 126 yards, three interceptions and a 33.1 passer rating in his third NFL start.

Most would agree that Orton is now a refined, pure passer. Here's what Orton did in his third NFL start with the Bears in 2005: 17-for-39, zero touchdowns, five interceptions, 14.7 rating."

That's the thing. It appears to "get back at" the people who are in love with Tebow, a lot of media and posters act like the guy is complete garbage.

broncobryce
08-24-2011, 08:06 PM

(I know it won't))

I worry more about the "short term memory loss" people who now claim Orton is awesome and Tebow sucks.

Canmore
08-24-2011, 08:08 PM
My favorite part.
"Compared to whom? A Pro Bowler, or a quarterback with three NFL starts? Tampa Bay's Josh Freeman, a wondrous talent, had 17 completions for only 126 yards, three interceptions and a 33.1 passer rating in his third NFL start.

Most would agree that Orton is now a refined, pure passer. Here's what Orton did in his third NFL start with the Bears in 2005: 17-for-39, zero touchdowns, five interceptions, 14.7 rating."

That's the thing. It appears to "get back at" the people who are in love with Tebow, a lot of media and posters act like the guy is complete garbage. Even Montana was defending him and said how terrible he was his first couple years.

In his first three starts, Tebow produced. He may not be "picture perfect" but he snatched victory from defeat in Houston and almost repeated it in San Diego. Give me production at the quarterback position.

broncobryce
08-24-2011, 08:12 PM
In his first three starts, Tebow produced. He may not be "picture perfect" but he snatched victory from defeat in Houston and almost repeated it in San Diego. Give me production at the quarterback position.

Never happened.

Canmore
08-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Never happened.

Short term memory loss, lol.

bcbronc
08-24-2011, 09:06 PM
I worry more about the "short term memory loss" people who now claim Orton is awesome and Tebow sucks.

I don't, they're relatively harmless. (As long as EFX isn't one of the ones that are claiming Orton is now awesome and should be re-signed long-term)

Npba900
08-24-2011, 09:26 PM
I see TT getting more reps at TE in the future. Its only a matter of time before EFX sit TT down and tell him where his future really lies.

Besides, Tebow has been lifting weights as he's a linebacker, a TE or Fullback anyway over the last 6 years.

Tned
08-24-2011, 09:36 PM
I see TT getting more reps at TE in the future. Its only a matter of time before EFX sit TT down and tell him where his future really lies.

Besides, Tebow has been lifting weights as he's a linebacker, a TE or Fullback anyway over the last 6 years.

VERY unlikely.

Dzone
08-24-2011, 10:10 PM
Cool that Fox said to be fair to Tim, he needs more pass attempts in order to develop.
Fox is always a pretty good interview. Such a nice change from the guy last year who would squeeze his lips together while trying to be artfully vague in every interview a la Belicheck. Mcdaniels was notoriously smug. Dude had all the people skills that God gave a piss ant.

BroncoStud
08-24-2011, 10:10 PM
My favorite part.

That's the thing. It appears to "get back at" the people who are in love with Tebow, a lot of media and posters act like the guy is complete garbage.

That must have been the year that Orton "LED" the Bears to a winning season... :laugh:

The media is a joke, and it isn't just sports, it's a conglomeration of jackasses that make getting legit news almost impossible these days.

ESPN is such a tragic comedy these days I literally cannot stand to watch or hear anything they have to say and I haven't tuned in for years. ESPN actually makes me not like sports after watching it for a few minutes. Watching Sportscenter is as brutal as watching Orton play QB.

BroncoStud
08-24-2011, 10:11 PM

Man-crush on Tebow? He did model some underwear... I'm beginning to get worried for ya man, I think you should take a more subtle approach, don't wanna come on too strong, he may get scared away.

Juriga72
08-24-2011, 11:34 PM
That must have been the year that Orton "LED" the Bears to a winning season... :laugh:

The media is a joke, and it isn't just sports, it's a conglomeration of jackasses that make getting legit news almost impossible these days.

ESPN is such a tragic comedy these days I literally cannot stand to watch or hear anything they have to say and I haven't tuned in for years. ESPN actually makes me not like sports after watching it for a few minutes. Watching Sportscenter is as brutal as watching Orton play QB.

Of course his leading is what... 9 td's in 10 wins... AWESOME

Nick
08-25-2011, 10:11 AM
Fox mentions how tebow will get more playing time but serious? He should go against 1st string against seahawks and will be last chance for that, starters don't really play in game 4 so obviously he will get a lot more time in game 4 anyways....

I just do not see any good with Tebow sitting behind Orton just to get a better feel for reading plays, let him learn on the job and let him show us if he is our guy or not.

Our QB situation is a mess, Quinn was overrated from the get go and shows glimpses of an nfl QB at times, Tebow is Raw, Orton a above game manager. We need a little more then a game manager right now and should be a no brainer to go with raw with High risk and high reward.

The Broncos will take a leap of faith to start the season with Tebow because they do not know what they get and they know what they get with Orton.

Orton can do well if all the pieces stay intact. If that does not happen, most likely it wont and we do not have the depth to overcome that. He will never lead this team to victories.

A lot of people hate Weber. I don't mind to see Weber play a little more. I would love for him to perform well. I like seeing players make most of the situation and not have a spot because how much they paid and how they did in college. If he outperforms everyone he deserves a spot.

My opinion of him is that he was a above average college QB who fell victim to circumstances. That school's program was a mess and kept changing every aspect of there team (Coaches, personnel, going to spread etc.) and best player he had was Decker throwing to. He did mess up on the easiest passes though but how he looks I think could be a decent QB in the league with some very minor help and tweaks.

His program was pretty horrid.

I really like how he leads receivers and think he will excel and could be good in NFL pro offense. I just like him better then Quinn...

vandammage13
08-25-2011, 10:40 AM
A lot of people hate Weber. I don't mind to see Weber play a little more. I would love for him to perform well. I like seeing players make most of the situation and not have a spot because how much they paid and how they did in college. If he outperforms everyone he deserves a spot....

Who the hell hates Adam Weber??....At worst, people are just indifferent about him.

(I guess maybe if you are talking Gopher fans, but I don't think anyone here hates the kid)

Tned
08-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Who the hell hates Adam Weber??....At worst, people are just indifferent about him.

(I guess maybe if you are talking Gopher fans, but I don't think anyone here hates the kid)

I can't remember reading any Weber hate. As you say, many are just indifferent, seeing how most UDFA QB's are nothing more than camp fodder.

That said, when he was signed, I read some good things about him, but it is still a VERY uphill battle for a UDFA QB.

JaxBroncoGirl
08-25-2011, 01:05 PM

This is why I am pulling for Tebow to be successful in Denver. I admit I am a Gator first and foremost and adopted the Broncos. With that I have also learned a lot about the Broncos. I luv me some John Lynch. I want soooo much for Tebow to suceed and take this Team to the playoffs.

Tebow is just a rookie. First year with McDummy never got any 1st team snaps until McDummy was gone. Second year lock out and new coaches looking at him and scratching their heads wondering how the heck did this young stud get here and what are we going to do with him. Hopefully this year he will get the mentoring and playing time, I so much want Tebow to play with this new offensive line that is looking much stronger than last year. Could be very wrong, might be his last year, but I hope not. Go Broncos.