PDA

View Full Version : Schefter: Tebow isnt going anywhere

Northman
08-24-2011, 01:03 PM
http://broncotalk.net/2011/08/23525/broncos-buzz/schefter-tim-tebow-staying-in-denver/

Schefter made several great points but made one thing especially clear — Tim Tebow isn’t going anywhere.

“Let’s be very clear about this,” Schefter said. “The Denver Broncos are keeping Tim Tebow. They wrote him a check last week for $6.7 million. They’ve paid off his base salaries in his contract as it was written in there. His base salary for this coming season, $1.6 million: it’s fully guaranteed, the contract.

Jsteve01
08-24-2011, 01:08 PM
it'd be silly to cut ties with him. The intangibles and work ethic are there. He just really got hammered by missing an offseason with Gase and McCoy.

Lancane
08-24-2011, 01:12 PM
it'd be silly to cut ties with him. The intangibles and work ethic are there. He just really got hammered by missing an offseason with Gase and McCoy.

I think the point was not that they believed in him, but that fiscally there is no point to rid themselves of him at this time. It's like reading a fortune cookie, always seems corny though promising and almost never right.

;)

JaxBroncoGirl
08-24-2011, 01:14 PM

True, but the powers to be started all of this BS. by raising the white flag on Orton. If the owners, coaches would step up to the plate like they did in Jacksonville when they acquired Blaine Gabbert from MO while stating that Gerrard is still our number 1 QB while Blaine gets training time in, then we the Broncos team would not have the problems we do.

The coaches and owners are to blame for all of this crap. Never ever say the competition is open then your fan base questions the QB regardless who it is.

This bs has most likely divided the locker room and caused harm in the personal relationships with all the QB in question.

Quit being little &&*^%% and stand your ground on the QB. Orton is the QB unless something happens. There all is ok now!

SOCALORADO.
08-24-2011, 01:15 PM
I think the point was not that they believed in him, but that fiscally there is no point to rid themselves of him at this time. It's like reading a fortune cookie, always seems corny though promising and almost never right.

;)

Yeah, the point to Shefters explanation is that DEN just paid him a huge amount of money, cause they had to. Dropping him now, would be a huge waste of money.
He'll go to TE, and Luck or Barkley will be throwing him TDs for years to come.

Northman
08-24-2011, 01:17 PM
Yeah, the point to Shefters explanation is that DEN just paid him a huge amount of money, cause they had to. Dropping him now, would be a huge waste of money.
He'll go to TE, and Luck or Barkley will be throwing him TDs for years to come.

Stay out of my thread SoCal.

No! Dont do it! I know what your thinking.

DenBronx
08-24-2011, 01:17 PM
Everyone knows he's a project but a project worth taking time for. Let the kid take his lumps and hopefully one day he becomes the face of the franchise. For now he needs to sit and learn. I just wish and would have more respect for Orton if he actually tried to help Tebow more. True leaders do that and are not afraid to give the younger guys some of their time and knowlege of the game.

But, I would love to see the interview with Hoge and Schefter. Some had said Schefter looked dumbfounded and disagreed when Hoge was saying all of those things about Tim. Anyone have a link to this?

He's right though, Tebow isnt going anywhere. The majority of his contract will have already been paid and it wouldnt make sense to put all of this effort into him only to ship him off. Orton and Quinn are both free agents and there's no guarantee that they will be back. Orton might want to test the open market and see what he can get. It's more likely Quinn would resign though of the two, thinking he could win the job. By that time Tebow hopefully has fully grasped the game alot better.

Jsteve01
08-24-2011, 01:29 PM
I think Quinn is the sleeper in the discussion next year. He's obviously way ahead of Tim at this point

SOCALORADO.
08-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Stay out of my thread SoCal.

No! Dont do it! I know what your thinking.

It would be soo perfect too! :D

Tned
08-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Fox also discounted the Silver article saying it could have been anyone that was the 'source', maybe the chef.

NightTerror218
08-24-2011, 01:39 PM
Fox also discounted the Silver article saying it could have been anyone that was the 'source', maybe the chef.

1 minute ago - by Lee Rasizer - Coach Fox refutes report about Tebow being No. 4
Coach John Fox reacted strongly to a Yahoo! Sports report that quoted “a highly knowledgeable member of the organization” as saying QB Tim Tebow would be No. 4 on the depth chart, if the competition solely was based on performance. “Maybe they heard it from the cook, I’m not sure,” Fox quipped. Broncos RapidReports

DenBronx
08-24-2011, 01:44 PM
I think Quinn is the sleeper in the discussion next year. He's obviously way ahead of Tim at this point

I think Quinn is finally coming into his own.

Week 4 we will get to see Quinn and Tebot battle it out in preseason. But Quinn looks like a much better QB at this stage of his career.

D1g1tal j1m
08-24-2011, 01:48 PM
But, I would love to see the interview with Hoge and Schefter. Some had said Schefter looked dumbfounded and disagreed when Hoge was saying all of those things about Tim. Anyone have a link to this?

PIywClAcF9U

NightTerror218
08-24-2011, 01:53 PM
PIywClAcF9U

Hoge idiot....nuff said

slim
08-24-2011, 01:53 PM
Of course not. The notion that he is somehow on the bubble or tradeable is just silly.

Dzone
08-24-2011, 02:03 PM
I hope to God we are in No position to draft Luck next year. If we are , that means that the 2011 season went down the toilet. I cant even imagine the anguish of going thru another horrid season like 2010. I will ******* loose my mind...LOL...I will be taking my girl shopping at Cherry Creek Mall on Sunday afternoons. Screw losing! I hate it.

DenBronx
08-24-2011, 02:09 PM
Thanks for posting that.

What a complete tool. Cut him, move on? Are you kidding? We dished out 15 mill already to this kid. Cut him, move on? Maybe ESPN should cut Hoge and move on? Maybe that's the best thing for ESPN. Afterall most of Hoges comments are very rookie like. Maybe ESPN should move on from the retardation and lack of knowlege regarding Tebow. Schefter gave Hoge TWO examples of games where Tebow played very good last year and all Hoge could say is he was terrible without giving any examples of what was terrible about his play.

Schefter did looked confused. He looked like what in hell is this guy talking about? At least Schefter knows how much the team has invested and it would be stupid at this point to deal him. Hoge is at least correct in one statement, Elway and Xanders are not stupid. Elway didnt draft the kid but at least he is taking his own personal time to go over mechanics with Tebow after practices. Xanders helped get him here, mainly because of Josh yes but would the team deal him for a 4th when they spent a 1st on him only after a year? Is Hoge an idiot? Clearly he is. He speaks trash and then tries to back petal on Twitter to Tebow and now is back at it again. And why in the hell would Josh McDaniels trade for Tebow when he has Bradford?

Cut him, move on......what a joke.

BORDERLINE
08-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Hoge: Tebow played "AWFUL" down the stretch.

Are you kidding me? Did he see the Arizona game. The Oakland game at Mile High. The Raven game? The Charger game? The Colts game? with Orton under center?

I could give a s*** if Tebow came back against the worst secondary in football. HE came back and won the game.

Hoge obviously has put himself in a corner and cannot possibly say anything positive about Tebow. He ignores the last three games because that just hurts his agenda.

Someone on here said many media types are invested in Tebow FAILING. So TRUE

He can do no RIGHT.He is garbage can't throw thew ball. I know fans don't make decisions but we see when a player has heart and drive and determination. WE all saw it with HILLIS and our bright offensive Genius saw nothing in him. Now he looks dominating on the cover of MADDEN. Hardcore football fans are not as dumb as people think

broncobryce
08-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Thanks for posting that.

What a complete tool. Cut him, move on? Are you kidding? We dished out 15 mill already to this kid. Cut him, move on? Maybe ESPN should cut Hoge and move on? Maybe that's the best thing for ESPN. Afterall most of Hoges comments are very rookie like. Maybe ESPN should move on from the retardation and lack of knowlege regarding Tebow. Schefter gave Hoge TWO examples of games where Tebow played very good last year and all Hoge could say is he was terrible without giving any examples of what was terrible about his play.

Schefter did looked confused. He looked like what in hell is this guy talking about? At least Schefter knows how much the team has invested and it would be stupid at this point to deal him. Hoge is at least correct in one statement, Elway and Xanders are not stupid. Elway didnt draft the kid but at least he is taking his own personal time to go over mechanics with Tebow after practices. Xanders helped get him here, mainly because of Josh yes but would the team deal him for a 4th when they spent a 1st on him only after a year? Is Hoge an idiot? Clearly he is. He speaks trash and then tries to back petal on Twitter to Tebow and now is back at it again. And why in the hell would Josh McDaniels trade for Tebow when he has Bradford?

Hoge and boomer are jokes. Its pathetic these "experts" will pile on just cuz its the in thing to do, and even more pathetic that lots of people buy into it. Tebow played pretty well last year yet people like to pretend it never happened.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Dzone
08-24-2011, 02:15 PM
First off, Who does Hoge think he is calling Adam Schefter "son"? Thats what you say to someone when you want to be degrading to them. Very condescending.

Second, hasnt anyone taught Merril Hoge that it is RUDE to point his finger at someone when hes talking to them like he was doing at Schefter? When someone talks to me like that I want to ******* slap them. In fact, I have slapped someones hand and said "Get your ******* finger out of my face!"

3rd, Hoge doesnt know how to put a good knot in a tie. That damn Knot is as big as his head. Hoge has no class.

Summary: Hoge is a rude loudmouth idiot who is more than happy to use Tim Tebow to get attention for himself.

slim
08-24-2011, 02:20 PM
Summary: Hoge is a rude loudmouth idiot who is more than happy to use Tim Tebow to get attention for himself.

This.

Dzone
08-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Cool,! Scott Hastings just said that when Hoge was on 104.3, he acted "A-Holey"...:pound:

RebelRocker
08-24-2011, 02:43 PM
http://broncotalk.net/2011/08/23525/broncos-buzz/schefter-tim-tebow-staying-in-denver/

Trading him now would be dumb. Get some value out of him this season by playing the "Tebow package" and then try trading him next offseason.

BroncoWave
08-24-2011, 03:14 PM
GoEpAVK2XXk

Here's more of Hodge being a douche. I mean seriously, is every other NFL analyst at ESPN on vacation or something? It seems like he's on my screen every 5 seconds on sports center.

BORDERLINE
08-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Hodge is the dude right now everyone wants to hear him Bash Tebow. People love this kind of crap. Deadspin even picked up the Silver story.

Hodge will never be in a position to pick a QB out of college because he is a duche bucket. Hodge is the next Sean Salsbury or whatever his name is.

vandammage13
08-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Yeah that video with Hoge/Schefter is just a prime example of passing judgement without evidence...

Hoge is not willing to give Tebow credit on anything...even a 43 yard pass.
I saw this on CBS Sports a few days ago: http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/31379119

But what about the 43-yard Tebow-to-Matt Willis connection? It was as good a throw as you're going to see in the NFL, right, Merril?

Not so much, it turns out.

“Yes, he completes it, but that’s a perfect setting,” Hoge said. “In the National Football League, almost 50 percent of all throws are under duress. So you’re not going to have that every time.”

He's so invested in Tebow's failure that he even feels the need to make excuses for a single completed pass...

Based on Hoge's line of thinking 50% of Peyton Manning's numbers shouldn't count because he was throwing from a clean pocket.... :coffee:

SOCALORADO.
08-24-2011, 03:55 PM
Just curious. How many of you think its time that another 24 hour, sports news channel started, that would battle E!SPIN for viewers? Instead of this monopoly?

vandammage13
08-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Just curious. How many of you think its time that another 24 hour, sports news channel started, that would battle E!SPIN for viewers? Instead of this monopoly?

I'd be all for it, but it has been tried on a couple occasions and failed...

ESPN just has too much money and is to far ahead to be able to compete.

Exclusive deals with NFL MNF, SEC Football, BCS, NBA games...probably too much for an upstart company to overcome.

I would welcome it though.

slim
08-24-2011, 04:01 PM

I do.

I actually stopped watching ESPN several years ago. Mainly because they have way too many yahoos (like Hoge and Mike Irvin, for example) that think screaming at each other is a form of discussion.

If I want to hear a bunch of knuckleheads screaming over the top of each other, I will go down to the local sports bar.

arapaho2
08-24-2011, 04:02 PM
this just in

http://www.milehighreport.com/2011/8/24/2382342/broncos-head-coach-tims-doing-just-fine-tim-tebow

We hold Tim in high regard. I think he's got a bright future in this game. He's playing the hardest position I know in the NFL and maybe all of sports and he is progressing fine. He'll get more opportunities in games as we go.....Tim's doing just fine." fox

vandammage13
08-24-2011, 04:04 PM
this just in

http://www.milehighreport.com/2011/8/24/2382342/broncos-head-coach-tims-doing-just-fine-tim-tebow

We hold Tim in high regard. I think he's got a bright future in this game. He's playing the hardest position I know in the NFL and maybe all of sports and he is progressing fine. He'll get more opportunities in games as we go.....Tim's doing just fine." fox

This won't get much of a mention in the MSM because it isn't negative enough...

Watchthemiddle
08-24-2011, 04:05 PM
I think Quinn is finally coming into his own.

Week 4 we will get to see Quinn and Tebot battle it out in preseason. But Quinn looks like a much better QB at this stage of his career.

And I believe he is also..but how many years has it taken?

More than 1 year and 1 preseason with not OTA's or mini-camps

Quinn and Orton should both be HEAD and SHOULDERS above TT. They have been in the league longer and have both had chances. TT not so much...so patience is the key. Fans, coaches, and Tebow himself.

Watchthemiddle
08-24-2011, 04:09 PM
First off, Who does Hoge think he is calling Adam Schefter "son"? Thats what you say to someone when you want to be degrading to them. Very condescending.

Second, hasnt anyone taught Merril Hoge that it is RUDE to point his finger at someone when hes talking to them like he was doing at Schefter? When someone talks to me like that I want to ******* slap them. In fact, I have slapped someones hand and said "Get your ******* finger out of my face!"

3rd, Hoge doesnt know how to put a good knot in a tie. That damn Knot is as big as his head. Hoge has no class.

One of these days when Hoge in on air I wish Atwater would come out from behind the green screen and lite him up again.

The Broncos, Elway, etc. Own Hoge. He clearly wants to put them in a bad light.

TXBRONC
08-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Thanks for posting that.

It's not Hoge's money so can say dumb things like if he wants.

TXBRONC
08-24-2011, 04:39 PM
GoEpAVK2XXk

Here's more of Hodge being a douche. I mean seriously, is every other NFL analyst at ESPN on vacation or something? It seems like he's on my screen every 5 seconds on sports center.

For an analysis that was gutless.

Agent of Orange
08-24-2011, 04:44 PM
When has he ever looked awful in a game? There has never been such overblown trash in the media over something that is taking place that doesnt really matter. From all the talk, you'd think he's never played in a game before.

LTC Pain
08-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Listening to Hodge and expecting an actual, in-depth, informative analysis is about like diving into the bottom of an outhouse to quench a thirst. He dismisses Tebow without a thought or comment to the positive effects that good coaching, development and/or experience may have on Tebow's negatives he so aptly points out.