PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Champ Bailey eager for new challenge to play nickel too

Denver Native (Carol)
08-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Used to be, nickel back was for kids.

A rookie breaking in, a free agent on the cheap, a longtime starter trying to hang on. Whatever the pool, they were the third-best cornerback on an NFL team.

John Elway, Jake Plummer​ and Jay Cutler were Broncos quarterbacks. Broncos nickel backs have been veterans such as Nate Jones, Ty Law and Dre Bly, kids such as Joshua Bell, Karl Paymah and Domonique Foxworth.

The Broncos' nickel back in 2011? The one and only Champ.

rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18744350

underrated29
08-24-2011, 11:39 AM
Oh yea, champ could have a lot of opportunities to get some picks. If he is locking down the hot route and we send the heat of Von Doom...Champ could have his way this year with QBs on 3rd and 5+

HORSEPOWER 56
08-24-2011, 02:16 PM
In short, we're stealing a page out if Green Bay's playbook and moving Champ around like they do Woodson. A, "put him in position to make plays and he will" philosophy. I just hope we can support him and he isn't leading the team in tackles again.

MOtorboat
08-24-2011, 04:45 PM
In short, we're stealing a page out if Green Bay's playbook and moving Champ around like they do Woodson. A, "put him in position to make plays and he will" philosophy. I just hope we can support him and he isn't leading the team in tackles again.

Agreed, it's a great philosophy, but you have to get a lot of pressure up front for it to really work.

slim
08-24-2011, 04:53 PM
Agreed, it's a great philosophy, but you have to get a lot of pressure up front for it to really work.

I think that is the strength of this D.

They look like they can get after the QB.