PDA

View Full Version : Upsets of the Week for Week 5

Medford Bronco
10-03-2007, 02:08 PM
I like the Bucs to cover plus 10.5 at Indy who is banged up a lot
Indy to win by 7, 24 to 17

A spread that looks bad to me KC plus 2.5 at home vs Jax. I like KC to win this game at Arrowhead.
KC 21 Jax 17

here is the shocker.. The Browns vs the Pats. The Browns WILL cover
as NE will win this game 31-17.. Spread is way too high and the Pats will look ahead to a huge game At Dallas next week.

Now its time to flame me :laugh:

sanluis
10-03-2007, 02:47 PM
My picks are Oakland over the the bye week.
Chargers upset Denver---- Norv misses the bus!
And I agree with NE not quite covering the spread! :D

SR
10-03-2007, 02:48 PM
I don't think KC will beat Jacksonville. I also think the Pats will lay the beat down on the Browns.

Medford Bronco
10-03-2007, 02:59 PM
My picks are Oakland over the the bye week.
Chargers upset Denver---- Norv misses the bus!
And I agree with NE not quite covering the spread! :D

To me SD winning is not an Upset, even though they are getting a paltry 1.5

I took SD this week :tsk: I am trying to win, not be a homer :laugh:

Cleveland Rocks
10-03-2007, 04:22 PM
All I have to say is:

1. I have the Browns for my weekly pick ems.
2. Any Given Sunday
3. Only 3 teams have ever won every game in the regular season.
4. The Patriots will not go undefeated and are bound to lose games.
5. Any Given Sunday (just a repeat of #2)
6. (just a side note) You all may call me delusional, I don't care. But every team loses some and they win some too. The Patriots are bound to lose some.

Medford Bronco
10-03-2007, 04:25 PM
All I have to say is:

2. Any Given Sunday
6. (just a side note) You all may call me delusional, I don't care. But every team loses some and they win some too. The Patriots are bound to lose some.

In all seriousness, Crennel does know the NE system.

You never know. Please cover at least and I will be happy :beer:

take the lead in the game, that would be a start and maybe Jamal Lewis have a good day

bengaaaaals1688
10-03-2007, 05:26 PM
I'd like to call for the bye week over the Bengals.

Medford Bronco
10-03-2007, 05:29 PM
I'd like to call for the bye week over the Bengals.

cmon pick a game will ya. :laugh:

Both Denver and cincy look terrible so just be an NFL fan like I know you are :D

bengaaaaals1688
10-03-2007, 05:33 PM
cmon pick a game will ya. :laugh:

Both Denver and cincy look terrible so just be an NFL fan like I know you are :D

I have 2 upsets I am picking, though I don't view one of them as a straight upset as neither team is all that great.

I think the Falcons will beat the Titans. I think with the knowledge of how to stop Young better than any other team because of having Vick for so long, they will stop Young and effectively win the game.

I also believe the Lions will beat the Redskins. I don't think either team is very good, but it is technically considered an upset because the Lions are the underdog. I just think the Lions offense will be too much for the Redskins to overcome.

Medford Bronco
10-03-2007, 05:39 PM
I have 2 upsets I am picking, though I don't view one of them as a straight upset as neither team is all that great.

I think the Falcons will beat the Titans. I think with the knowledge of how to stop Young better than any other team because of having Vick for so long, they will stop Young and effectively win the game.

I also believe the Lions will beat the Redskins. I don't think either team is very good, but it is technically considered an upset because the Lions are the underdog. I just think the Lions offense will be too much for the Redskins to overcome.

Good job. I am kicking around picking Atl plus 8.5

however I think Det will struggle against a good defense in Wash. they might cover though and that is al that matters ;)

bengaaaaals1688
10-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Good job. I am kicking around picking Atl plus 8.5

however I think Det will struggle against a good defense in Wash. they might cover though and that is al that matters ;)

Haha true true Med. Well, those are my upset picks, so good luck.:salute:

Medford Bronco
10-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Here is one that will definatley get me flamed

The 49ers will beat the Ravens 21-20 at home.

yes they sucked last week but the Ravens are not good on the road, McNair is not healthy and I think Dilfer will beat his former team :D

WTE
10-04-2007, 04:55 PM
I like the Lions minus 3.5 against the Skins. I just don't think Washington is very good. Their vanilla offense reminds me of the boring NFC East of the early 80's.

I also like NE covering. CBS Sportsline is showing -15.5, so I'll take NE and give a whole bunch of points.

Poet
10-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Somebody please make these games better...

I am going to take New Orleans over Carolina. Nothing about Tampa's offense is scary, and while David Carr is starting to look like trash, they still have the best wide receiver in the game. I am starting to think that Steve Smith can just will the ball to come to him for a touchdown. I think the score is 21-17 Carolina.

Poet
10-05-2007, 12:39 PM

The issue is that stopping Vick and Young are different, actually quite different. Vince Young will actually look to pass first, and then if the opportunity presents itself to run he takes off. Mike Vick used to drop back, and then he realized that he is trash throwing the football and just runs. If the Falcons spend a ton of time trying to stop Vince Young from running the ball he is going to abuse their secondary. Plus the Titans have a great running game right now, I think the Falcons are in for a long day. Plus knowing how to stop a player and doing it are two different things. The Bengals know how to stop the run, they just cannot do it. Teams know how to disrupt Manning, but knocking him on his butt is a lot harder to do. Tampa had a long history of beating up on QB s who like to take flight, they know how to do it and they have in the past. That will be a bigger test for Young then the Falcons.

bengaaaaals1688
10-05-2007, 04:03 PM
The issue is that stopping Vick and Young are different, actually quite different. Vince Young will actually look to pass first, and then if the opportunity presents itself to run he takes off. Mike Vick used to drop back, and then he realized that he is trash throwing the football and just runs. If the Falcons spend a ton of time trying to stop Vince Young from running the ball he is going to abuse their secondary. Plus the Titans have a great running game right now, I think the Falcons are in for a long day. Plus knowing how to stop a player and doing it are two different things. The Bengals know how to stop the run, they just cannot do it. Teams know how to disrupt Manning, but knocking him on his butt is a lot harder to do. Tampa had a long history of beating up on QB s who like to take flight, they know how to do it and they have in the past. That will be a bigger test for Young then the Falcons.

I know it is different, and I also realize that Young looks to pass for longer than Vick ever did. I just think that having knowledge of the way a player like Young works could work wonders for the Falcons in stopping him, not completely, but enough to win the game. That said, this is also the NFL and weirder things have happened... so I still stick with my belief that the Falcons will manage to win this game.

Medford Bronco
10-07-2007, 04:16 PM
All I have to say is:

2. Any Given Sunday

Charlie
the Browns hung in there for a while but cant turn it over 4 times.

At least Brady looked human a bit at times

as for the pats they were so lucky to cover, dumb Kellen Winslow. secure the ball, its not a loaf of bread.

Also the Cardinals did the same and what could have been 7-2 for Med after 1 PM became 5-4 .. this is why I dont bet for a living. :laugh:

Medford Bronco
10-07-2007, 04:19 PM
I like the Lions minus 3.5 against the Skins. I just don't think Washington is very good. Their vanilla offense reminds me of the boring NFC East of the early 80's.

I also like NE covering. CBS Sportsline is showing -15.5, so I'll take NE and give a whole bunch of points.

Hey WTE very lucky with NE covering as Wilsow gave it away with the loaf of bread impersonation.

On the first one. Thank God I dont have you pick for me :laugh: jk. Det still sucks on the road and the Redskins are not that bad at 3-1. I will always take a team with a good defense. Also I am not sure that you knew. Det has now lost 21 straight games in Washington.

MNPatsFan
10-07-2007, 04:32 PM
Charlie
the Browns hung in there for a while but cant turn it over 4 times.

At least Brady looked human a bit at times

as for the pats they were so lucky to cover, dumb Kellen Winslow. secure the ball, its not a loaf of bread.

Also the Cardinals did the same and what could have been 7-2 for Med after 1 PM became 5-4 .. this is why I dont bet for a living. :laugh:Charlie, I agree that the Browns hung in there for a while.

I also have to comment that the Browns have the dorkiest looking punter with the single bar facemask and his Hulk Hogan looking mustache.:laugh::laugh:

Poet
10-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Once again the Saints snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I mean at this point in time I think we can safely put to rest the silly notion that Drew Brees is an "elite" QB.

Medford Bronco
10-07-2007, 04:39 PM
Once again the Saints snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I mean at this point in time I think we can safely put to rest the silly notion that Drew Brees is an "elite" QB.

They cost me as well :mad:

Cleveland Rocks
10-07-2007, 05:22 PM
Charlie, I agree that the Browns hung in there for a while.

I also have to comment that the Browns have the dorkiest looking punter with the single bar facemask and his Hulk Hogan looking mustache.:laugh::laugh:

That isn't the Browns punter.

The Browns punter is Dave Zastudil, who is injured.

The choices for the Browns are Paul Ernster (who sucks) or Scott Player (a veteran who is very good).

Hmmm .... who to turn to?

Scott Player? Who gives a damn what he looks like.

Escobar
10-07-2007, 05:29 PM
That isn't the Browns punter.

The Browns punter is Dave Zastudil, who is injured.

The choices for the Browns are Paul Ernster (who sucks) or Scott Player (a veteran who is very good).

Hmmm .... who to turn to?

Scott Player? Who gives a damn what he looks like.

tough loss, but to be honest, expected it.:ahhhhh:

Medford Bronco
10-07-2007, 06:20 PM
tough loss, but to be honest, expected it.:ahhhhh:

if only Kellen did not have slippery hands and the first pick off a deflections

also your team is going in the right direction, unlike some teams :ahhhhh:

SR
10-07-2007, 06:52 PM
All I have to say is:

2. Any Given Sunday

LOL! Awww...too bad.

But hey...the Cardinals won. :whoo:

Medford Bronco
10-08-2007, 12:20 PM
:
LOL! Awww...too bad.

But hey...the Cardinals won. :whoo:

yeah but did not cover :mad: stupid 2 pt coversion with 13 seconds left

KCL
10-08-2007, 02:21 PM
:

yeah but did not cover :mad: stupid 2 pt coversion with 13 seconds left

Med...you jinxed my boys....:laugh:

Medford Bronco
10-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Med...you jinxed my boys....:laugh:

I think Herm jixed them, he is still a bad coach IMO

I cant believe that they only scored 7 at home

but they are still a million times better than that pathetic Bronco team :sad:

KCL
10-08-2007, 02:37 PM
I think Herm jixed them, he is still a bad coach IMO

I cant believe that they only scored 7 at home

but they are still a million times better than that pathetic Bronco team :sad:

well IMO they should of kept passing...as it was the Jags were having a
hard time defending the pass....but no...hand off to LJ which hasnt worked
all season...plus KC could not stop the run.

Jags just outplayed KC and was definately the better team.

I really think if KC had stuck with the passing game...they would of had a
better chance at winning.TG had another good game with 100 yds receiving
but with our OC...whatever is working....he quits doing...:rolleyes:

Medford Bronco
10-08-2007, 03:18 PM
well IMO they should of kept passing...as it was the Jags were having a
hard time defending the pass....but no...hand off to LJ which hasnt worked
all season...plus KC could not stop the run.

Jags just outplayed KC and was definately the better team.

I really think if KC had stuck with the passing game...they would of had a
better chance at winning.TG had another good game with 100 yds receiving
but with our OC...whatever is working....he quits doing...:rolleyes:

Herm still should have last say and if he thinks his OC is not
getting it done, then step in and start making some calls.

at least your team did not give up 180, 230 and 215 yards rushing the last 3 weeks :sad: :mad: