View Full Version : Willis McGahee provides needed power running to Broncos

TXBRONC
08-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Willis McGahee provides needed power running to Broncos
By Jeff Legwold
The Denver Post
Posted: 08/23/2011 01:00:00 AM MDT
Updated: 08/23/2011 07:09:33 AM MDT

"It's a great fit. I just love it here," McGahee said as he squinted into the Colorado sun Monday. "Believe it or not, I don't want to go nowhere else. Whenever I decide to end it, I'd like to end it here."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18736710?_requestid=8363954

I was leery of signing a 29 year old running back but now I'm glad we did. Personally I think we would be better off letting him be the lead horse.

Northman
08-23-2011, 10:07 AM
He's the man.

Agent of Orange
08-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Hopefully he stays healthy. He's kind of a paint by numbers running back. Even though he's closer to good than great, he can really help out by being solid and reliable. If we're going to have a better offensive line, we need a guy who becomes harder to tackle late in games, whether by making people miss or by breaking tackles. There were probably worthy substitutes in the draft but we also had other needs. I think he's a stop gap but, like I said, he can really help.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-23-2011, 10:14 AM
I was leery of signing a 29 year old running back but now I'm glad we did. Personally I think we would be better off letting him be the lead horse.

He's better off as a 2 in a 1-2 punch. He's a little older and there's no reason to try to make him carry the load right now. Having a big, bruising back like McGahee to be able to come in fresh on 3rd and short, goal line situations, and late in games when you're trying to run out the clock, is huge.

Moreno is that stinging jab and McGahee is the knockout haymaker. If all you do is throw jabs, you'll rarely win the fight by knockout, but they are important to set up your opponent. If all you do is throw haymakers, you'll get tired too fast and not be able to finish the fight. Gotta have that good combo.

underrated29
08-23-2011, 10:16 AM
Im telling you guys this is a great signing. Seems just north and I could see it before but he will have a lot of fans by the end of the year.

EastCoastBronco
08-23-2011, 10:39 AM
McGahee has a nose for the goal line.
IF he can stay healthy, he's going to help a lot more in the redzone than Moreno.

underrated29
08-23-2011, 11:57 AM
He does, but Moreno has a great nose for the goal too. As evident by his 17tds in two years, none of which were over 30 yards. Or 20 yards or whatever the number is.

TXBRONC
08-23-2011, 12:35 PM
He does, but Moreno has a great nose for the goal too. As evident by his 17tds in two years, none of which were over 30 yards. Or 20 yards or whatever the number is.

That's a yes and a no. He hasn't been all that good in short yardage and goalline situations.