PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!! Blogged Titans last week, Denver this week - What A Difference

NY Jets
11-27-2008, 09:37 PM
I have actively blogged on the opposing teams website every game the Jets have had this year. I've been a Jets fan for 17 years. Last week I was on a site that were convinced they were going to win and obviously we thrashed them. This week I'm on a site thats convinced they are going to lose so you have me a little worried we might lose. Are you guys experts at reverse psychology. Seriously though, I expect the Jets to win BUT I expect Denver to be more of a challenge than Tennessee. We are weak at the pass defense (we've really only had 1, maybe 2 good weeks at it). And we seem to lose to teams who think they can't beat us :-) Good luck this week!!!

topscribe
11-27-2008, 09:45 PM
I have actively blogged on the opposing teams website every game the Jets have had this year. I've been a Jets fan for 17 years. Last week I was on a site that were convinced they were going to win and obviously we thrashed them. This week I'm on a site thats convinced they are going to lose so you have me a little worried we might lose. Are you guys experts at reverse psychology. Seriously though, I expect the Jets to win BUT I expect Denver to be more of a challenge than Tennessee. We are weak at the pass defense (we've really only had 1, maybe 2 good weeks at it). And we seem to lose to teams who think they can't beat us :-) Good luck this week!!!

Rarely, it seems, does a rival fan appear during the week of a game with them
and post something besides smack. I have nothing against smack (in the
proper forum), but props to you for this post. Hope to hear some more from you.

-----

NY Jets
11-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Rarely, it seems, does a rival fan appear during the week of a game with them
and post something besides smack. I have nothing against smack (in the
proper forum), but props to you for this post. Hope to hear some more from you.

-----

No problem, looking forward to the game. Hope you make the playoffs!!!

underrated29
11-27-2008, 10:12 PM
it will be a great game. I am starting all my jets players this week in FF, if that tells you anything....

However, i will be in town for the game and can make my special dip. Great things happen for the broncos when i get to make it. So good luck to you and your team.

SR
11-27-2008, 10:14 PM
I honestly have nothing bad to say about the Jets. My buddy John from my childhood days was a Jets fan so I always rooted for them unless they were playing Denver. But, as top said, it is good to see an opponent's fan come here and not talk shit. I would wish your team good luck Sunday, but that would be kind of like speaking with a forked tongue because I wouldn't mean it. But, to be honest, I think the Jets will hand Denver their ass.

DenBronx
11-27-2008, 10:51 PM
I don't mind Jets fans at all. In fact they are a little more interesting now that Favre is playing for them. That in itself is the reason why we're probably going to lose. He outright torched us in OT last year. Our DB's are pathetic and I don't expect them to be anything but pathetic Sunday. At least your team has a run game, we on the other hand can't stop the run or run it ourselves.

Not really sure who the Broncos are anymore. We beat the teams we should lose to and lose to the teams we should spank. Our defense is ok with being embarrased on national TV. In fact they seem to really enjoy it. :coffee: Guys like Winborn, Webster, Mcree, Manue and Bly love the post tackle celabration because it helps erase the 50 yard bomb for a TD they just gave up 10 plays ago.

On the bright side, no one really thought the Broncos would do better than 7-9. Most of us thought for sure San Diego would be a powerhouse team and easily win the division...they still might win the division. But I'm super impressed with our rookies and even if we miss the playoffs it's going to be great watching them the rest of the year. We really seem to have something to build on. Maybe we're not a force now but give us another year or two and I think we won't be so up and down all the time.

girler
11-27-2008, 11:32 PM
Every time I hear about a Jets win this year, I yell B-R-E-T-T Jets!!! :laugh: I just can't help it. I think it's awesome that it's working out so well for your team. :salute: I'm hoping for a great game, and for Denver to pull it out in the end. But I'm not going to put any money on it. :D

Shazam!
11-28-2008, 12:36 AM
Living in NY...

I don't hate the Jets. I have witnessed many Broncos asskickings of the Jets. I do wish them well having seen them suffer firsthand for so long, and being the redheaded stepchild to the NY Giants for so long. They are the NFL equivalent of the Mets in Yankeetown.

We had many great years. This is one of their most promising years in a long time. Brett is the best QB the NYJ have had since Boomer Esiason.

But let's not kid ourselves here either. When Brett leaves, so do the Jets...

Hope the Broncos win on Sunday.

frenchfan
11-28-2008, 02:33 AM
I have actively blogged on the opposing teams website every game the Jets have had this year. I've been a Jets fan for 17 years. Last week I was on a site that were convinced they were going to win and obviously we thrashed them. This week I'm on a site thats convinced they are going to lose so you have me a little worried we might lose. Are you guys experts at reverse psychology. Seriously though, I expect the Jets to win BUT I expect Denver to be more of a challenge than Tennessee. We are weak at the pass defense (we've really only had 1, maybe 2 good weeks at it). And we seem to lose to teams who think they can't beat us :-) Good luck this week!!!Hey Jets! :welcome:

Well, the problem of our Broncos is that we don't know what they will do... and they don't know either what they will do on the field...
IMO we have good potential but not yet the mental... If we are in a great day, it will be a good test for you... If we are in a bad day, then Brett will break all his records for a game :D

I was a bit torn about the Favre's trade... I first though it wasn't a good thing... Not because about Brett's playing level, but because it was a short term deal for you and because I though Favre wouldn't fit your O schemes...
I have to admit I was wrong (except for the longevity... I don't think Favre will still play a lot of seasons)...
What's your analysis about that ? (I haven't seen any Jets game :( )
TIA.

:beer:

AFGAHNI_BATTLE_DONKEY
11-28-2008, 04:01 AM
all i want for my birthday is a broncos win. yes my birthday is this weekend.

Day1BroncoFan
11-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Good luck to the Jets, except for this Sunday.

The way the Broncos are playing now it is hard to say which team will show up. Like has been said, we seem to lose the ones we should win and win the ones we should lose.

May the best team win. :salute:

EDIT:

Thanks for the classy post. Most opposing team fans come in and blow a bunch of smoke around saying how they're going to kick our butts and listing reasons why we don't have a chance to win.

SM19
11-28-2008, 01:03 PM
We make awful favorites, but we're fearsome underdogs. Watch out. :tongue:

NY Jets
11-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Hey Jets! :welcome:

Well, the problem of our Broncos is that we don't know what they will do... and they don't know either what they will do on the field...
IMO we have good potential but not yet the mental... If we are in a great day, it will be a good test for you... If we are in a bad day, then Brett will break all his records for a game :D

I was a bit torn about the Favres trade... I first though it wasn't a good thing... Not because about Brett's playing level, but because it was a short term deal for you and because I though Favre wouldn't fit your O schemes...
I have to admit I was wrong (except for the longevity... I don't think Favre will still play a lot of seasons)...
What's your analysis about that ? (I haven't seen any Jets game :( )
TIA.

:beer:

You know its hard to say. I honestly believe he loves to play the game as much if not more than any other player. I think thats what keeps him playing more than anything. Watch him when we scores. He's like a 10 year old at Disney World every time. My gut says he will retire if they win the super bowl. And if they don't, maybe 2-3 more years. I think the Jets are extremely happy to have him but any real fan of the Jets will tell you that even this Brett Favre would not have had the same success with last years Jets roster. The off season pick ups and the draft picks have proven to be exceptional. Kris Jenkins is an animal at nose tackle. Didn't have him last year. We didn't have Ty Law, Darrell Revis, Alan Faneca, Bubba Franks, David Harris, Tony Richardson and Calvan Pace. The coaching staff on and off the field this year have been A+.

fcspikeit
11-29-2008, 05:33 PM
You know its hard to say. I honestly believe he loves to play the game as much if not more than any other player. I think thats what keeps him playing more than anything. Watch him when we scores. He's like a 10 year old at Disney World every time. My gut says he will retire if they win the super bowl. And if they don't, maybe 2-3 more years. I think the Jets are extremely happy to have him but any real fan of the Jets will tell you that even this Brett Favre would not have had the same success with last years Jets roster. The off season pick ups and the draft picks have proven to be exceptional. Kris Jenkins is an animal at nose tackle. Didn't have him last year. We didn't have Ty Law, Darrell Revis, Alan Faneca, Bubba Franks, David Harris, Tony Richardson and Calvan Pace. The coaching staff on and off the field this year have been A+.

Welcome to the board! :beer:

IMO, our coaching staff as been the biggest problem this year. Except for the draft, right now that looks to have been an A+. Other then that, they have dropped the ball, all the way through FA to play calling. Half the time the guys don't even look ready to play...

I hope it's an injury free game and after this Sunday, I wish Favre & the Jets all the best,

PS, I hope you guys make the playoffs too ;)

AlWilsonizKING
11-29-2008, 05:44 PM
The J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets have been my adopted team ever since Atwater went there...seeing as he is my all time favorite Broncos player. Even went as far as getting an Atwater Jersey from NY from a friend who lives out there. I were it ever time the Bronc's and Jets play. Confuses a lot of people until they see whos name is on the Jersey. lol

Gonna sport it tomorrow at work....but GO BRONCOS!!!

PEACE!!!

pnbronco
11-30-2008, 08:00 PM
it will be a great game. I am starting all my jets players this week in FF, if that tells you anything....

However, i will be in town for the game and can make my special dip. Great things happen for the broncos when i get to make it. So good luck to you and your team.

UR you did it, you may have to share that special dip!!!!!

Please put the other team on you FF for the good of the Broncos....:D

underrated29
11-30-2008, 09:00 PM
oh i did. Thought i would sweaten the pot a little by making some hot wings in our new deep fryer we got. That seemed to help i think.

All teams fear the dip!

I think its the mastershake, he and I have our own special recipes. If we make the playoffs we were going to share so we can really get the full power of our special foods.

frenchfan
12-01-2008, 01:53 AM
You know its hard to say. I honestly believe he loves to play the game as much if not more than any other player. I think thats what keeps him playing more than anything. Watch him when we scores. He's like a 10 year old at Disney World every time. My gut says he will retire if they win the super bowl. And if they don't, maybe 2-3 more years. I think the Jets are extremely happy to have him but any real fan of the Jets will tell you that even this Brett Favre would not have had the same success with last years Jets roster. The off season pick ups and the draft picks have proven to be exceptional. Kris Jenkins is an animal at nose tackle. Didn't have him last year. We didn't have Ty Law, Darrell Revis, Alan Faneca, Bubba Franks, David Harris, Tony Richardson and Calvan Pace. The coaching staff on and off the field this year have been A+.Seems like you did a better job than us about FA :laugh:
Hopefully, we've improved at drafting these last years... :D :cool: