PDA

View Full Version : Vegas says Broncos -9 vs Jets. Are the Broncos really that bad?

Nature Boy
11-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Rarely are the Broncos the underdog in recent years, much less given a 9 point cushion by the football odds experts.

Are the Broncos really that bad or are the Jets really that good?

Except for some flashes of greatness here and there, this team as a whole has been nothing but inconsistent. After the beat down last week when the Raiders came to town, one can see why the experts have the Broncos ranked so low on their boards. But are the Broncos really that bad to be 9 point underdogs to a Jets team with a 40 year old QB?

Rarely do the Broncos ever lose back to back games in Shanahan's tenure. You can bet that Mike Shanahan will have this team ready for the Jets next weekend.

*Broncos PLUS 9 points (will likely drop to about 7ts by gametime). Bank it and take a vacation from work til after the New Years.

Happy Thanks Giving to all!!!

frauschieze
11-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Yes.

ApaOps5
11-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Well Denver just lost a hideous game. That and Jets fans have to be riding high after beating TEN so they are betting their asses off raising the spread.

UnderArmour
11-27-2008, 09:10 PM
We're winning this game anyway.

BeefStew25
11-27-2008, 09:18 PM
Value bet the money line.

Simple Jaded
11-28-2008, 02:01 AM
I just hope Dre Bly is ready.......

sneakers
11-28-2008, 03:22 AM
Yes we are.

broncofaninfla
11-28-2008, 08:58 AM
Denver was a dog against Atlanta too but we pulled that one out

Medford Bronco
11-28-2008, 08:59 AM
*Broncos minus 9 points (will likely drop to about 7ts by gametime). Bank it and take a vacation from work til after the New Years.

You mean Broncos plus 9 at the Jets, please get the terminology right :lol:

and in the last 2 years it has not been rarely that we lost back to back games

broncophan
11-28-2008, 09:06 AM
'Rarely are the broncos underdogs??...:confused:
I would say the last 2-3 years the broncos have been underdogs more often than not.........maybe not at home.......but .....esp. on the road.

So I'm not sure what you mean by rarely??

jrelway
11-28-2008, 11:16 AM
youd be a fool not to take 9 points regardless of who we play. jets wont cover. bank on it.

Day1BroncoFan
11-28-2008, 01:09 PM
A word to the wise:

Vegas sets the odds in their favor, they want to take your money. ;)

broncofaninfla
11-28-2008, 02:50 PM
A word to the wise:

Vegas sets the odds in their favor, they want to take your money. ;)

And they are damn good at it too.

Medford Bronco
11-28-2008, 08:05 PM
youd be a fool not to take 9 points regardless of who we play. jets wont cover. bank on it.

with this team I only bank on inconsistency

we could win 28-17 or lose 45-17

who knows, I hope for a win but do not expect anything with our defense this season

weazel
11-29-2008, 12:14 PM
Rarely are the Broncos the underdog in recent years, much less given a 9 point cushion by the football odds experts.

Except for some flashes of greatness here and there, this team as a whole has been nothing but inconsistent. After the beat down last week when the Raiders came to town, one can see why the experts have the Broncos ranked so low on their boards. But are the Broncos really that bad to be 9 point underdogs to a Jets team with a 40 year old QB?

Rarely do the Broncos ever lose back to back games in Shanahan's tenure. You can bet that Mike Shanahan will have this team ready for the Jets next weekend.

*Broncos minus 9 points (will likely drop to about 7ts by gametime). Bank it and take a vacation from work til after the New Years.

you think the Broncos are going to keep within 9 points? This game is going to be a blow out. Jets by 20+

topscribe
11-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Denver historically has not done well in the Meadowlands. Going on from this
loss, they are not good enough to beat Carolina away, and San Diego will be
laying for them.

Instead of having their asses handed to them in the first playoff game, they
will be sitting at home, watching San Diego getting their asses handed to them.

As a persistent homer, this is the first time I have admitted this. I dearly hope
I'm wrong. But the Broncos just have too many players who need one more
year to mature.

-----

Davii
11-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Depends on which Denver team decides to show up tomorrow.

If the one that let DuhMarcus Russell look like a HOF QB shows, then what do you think is going to happen against a REAL HOF QB?

This is a winnable game if the right Bronco's show. If the wrong ones show it's going to be a massive slaughter of epic proportions.

NightTrainLayne
11-29-2008, 01:12 PM
For once they are showing the Broncos game back home. . .unfortunately I'll be travelling. Isn't that always the way. . .wait all season for a game to get broadcast, and when they finally do you're out of town. :tsk:

Luckily I have my trusty Sirius Sportster 5 to keep up with the Denver Broadcast.

broncophan
11-29-2008, 01:36 PM
For once they are showing the Broncos game back home. . .unfortunately I'll be travelling. Isn't that always the way. . .wait all season for a game to get broadcast, and when they finally do you're out of town. :tsk:

Luckily I have my trusty Sirius Sportster 5 to keep up with the Denver Broadcast.

Yea.....I was hoping here in Ohio.....we would get the broncos/jets......instead....we will get the pats and steelers.....oh well

BeefStew25
11-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Game started out on regular TV here, but the Orlando affiliate switched games. Soooo....to the beach it will be.

Medford Bronco
11-29-2008, 09:44 PM
I hope for a win but am not holding my breath right now.

the only way is if they get out in front like the Atlanta game and Favre
has a meltdown like he can from time to time.

broncophan
11-30-2008, 11:42 AM
I hope for a win but am not holding my breath right now.

the only way is if they get out in front like the Atlanta game and Favre
has a meltdown like he can from time to time.

I agree.....I was hoping for a Favre meltdown as well.......but then I remembered he is going against the bronco defense.....

I will hope for the best though...:D

Nature Boy
12-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Bump*

Dreadnought
12-01-2008, 03:46 PM
you think the Broncos are going to keep within 9 points? This game is going to be a blow out. Jets by 20+

Well you nailed the Hell out of that prediction :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

dolfan06
12-01-2008, 05:24 PM

the final score should give you an answer.:elefant:

OB
12-01-2008, 06:15 PM
???

Does it suk for the better or the bookie if a team never does what the pt spread indicates

I was thinking last night - do the bookies loathe or love the broncos this year - since we lose games we should win and vice verse

weazel
12-01-2008, 07:41 PM

wow, the Broncos came out and played an entire game!

the weather helped out as well, they just put 8 in the box and dared Favre to throw a wet ball to WR's with cold hands in the wind. the Jets fell tight into it and the only real plays were when Jones broke through the first line D and there was noone left to tackle. Besides those big plays, they did nothing against us. It was a nice change to watch the Broncos win convincingly!

weazel
12-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Well you nailed the Hell out of that prediction :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

If the weather would have been different, you would have seen a totally different game. The defense did alot better yesterday, but the Jets played right into what the Broncos were doing.

Day1BroncoFan
12-01-2008, 08:57 PM
If the weather would have been different, you would have seen a totally different game. The defense did alot better yesterday, but the Jets played right into what the Broncos were doing.

Sounds like they got out coached. ;)

weazel
12-02-2008, 01:24 AM
not hard to out-coach Kevin James! he's the Jets coach. no?

http://www.jetsinsider.com/images/kjshirt.jpg
http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2006/09/manginibig.jpg